Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

+4
Appkes
SilentBelle
Masterweaver
Cardbo
8 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 3 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"...Specify 'job', please." Miracle Elixir's trade has left her as skeptical as she is friendly. "Also, specify whether there's 'pay' and 'accolades', please."

"Its's pay . I'm open to a little negotiation. Say for a prime real estate spot in the merchant district for a week?" Just Desserts says to Miracle Elixir.

SilentBelle wrote:"Well, I wasn't expecting that," Golden Spike replies throwing a nervous glance over his shoulder, just to make sure that Just Desserts was indeed including him. "But I s'pose I have nothing better to do at the moment... So, sure, I'd be happy to help out, well, provided it's a problem that I can actually help with."

I wonder who would want the help of three random strangers new to the town.

Masterweaver wrote:

Xeca smiled, listening to the hat pony's words. He was TALKING to her! For... some reason! She couldn't understand what he was saying but he was talking to her and these other ponies!

"Now don't misunderstand me. I put this job up on the bulletin board in Fountain Circle a couple of hours ago. If you three don't take it, I'm sure somepony else will."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 3 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  SilentBelle Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 am

"Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, I'd be happy to lend a helping hoof, it'd be better to fix this problem, whatever it is, sooner rather than later. So, uh, where do I go and what do I do?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

"Hmmm... what say a week and a half? With some free advertising?" Miracle Elixir smiled. "I mean, I'm happy to support our colts in cerulean... but a mare needs to earn. If we can agree on this, I'm in."

[Persuasion: 17+10=27]
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Xeca bounced up and down eagerly. "Zritchviinizkiztoom!"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Xeca bounced up and down eagerly. "Zritchviinizkiztoom!"

Golden Spike looks over at the exuberant mare with a raised eyebrow. "What in the hay is she saying?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Hmmm... what say a week and a half? With some free advertising?" Miracle Elixir smiled. "I mean, I'm happy to support our colts in cerulean... but a mare needs to earn. If we can agree on this, I'm in."

"That shouldn't be too much of a problem to arrange."

SilentBelle wrote:"Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, I'd be happy to lend a helping hoof, it'd be better to fix this problem, whatever it is, sooner rather than later. So, uh, where do I go and what do I do?"

"Basically, we've heard of strange reports from the southwest. They're a bit vague, but they seem to talk about strange armor wearing ponies. We'd like you to travel southwest of here and figure out the facts. Basically, we just want to know whats going and whether we here in Pineapply Village can go about our business, or whether we should arming the populace."

SilentBelle wrote:
Masterweaver wrote:Xeca bounced up and down eagerly. "Zritchviinizkiztoom!"

Golden Spike looks over at the exuberant mare with a raised eyebrow. "What in the hay is she saying?"

"Darned if I know. Whatever she's speaking, it doesn't seem to be local."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 am

Golden Spike, still looking at the bouncing mare, says "So are you coming with us?" Then he deadpans and follows up with, "can you even understand me?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm

SilentBelle wrote:Golden Spike, still looking at the bouncing mare, says "So are you coming with us?" Then he deadpans and follows up with, "can you even understand me?"

((Perception roll, 11+17=28))

Xeca blinks, reading the tone of the stallion. He was... dissapointed? She stops her eager bouncing and mumbles, "Krvtch-z-z-z-z-sker." No... no she couldn't really understand him. She could guess though.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 am

Just Desserts pulls out a strange cylindrical object with an "A" on it side.

"You may be aware of these. Its capsule, and part of your reward. I'm offering a 200 bits in addition..."
and turning to Miracle Elixir, "plus that space you wanted for a week and a half."

"The capsule itself is fairly valuable, but its whats insides it is why I'm offering it." He places it on the ground, pushes down on the top of it, and steps back. 5 seconds and a "Poof!" later, and the capsule is surrounded by a large amount of dried food and a number of bottles of water.

"That should be enough food and water for 3 or 4 days." He taps the capsule and steps back again. After another "Poof!", only the capsule remains.

"Who wants to take this?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 am

Cardbo wrote:Just Desserts pulls out a strange cylindrical object with an "A" on it side.

"You may be aware of these. Its capsule, and part of your reward. I'm offering a 200 bits in addition..."
and turning to Miracle Elixir, "plus that space you wanted for a week and a half."

"The capsule itself is fairly valuable, but its whats insides it is why I'm offering it." He places it on the ground, pushes down on the top of it, and steps back. 5 seconds and a "Poof!" later, and the capsule is surrounded by a large amount of dried food and a number of bottles of water.

"That should be enough food and water for 3 or 4 days." He taps the capsule and steps back again. After another "Poof!", only the capsule remains.

"Who wants to take this?"

"Oh, neat. An actual capsule," Golden Spike says enthusiastically, stepping up to the capsule and examining it, "I've always wanted to see how one of those worked. We never could afford those out on the farm..."

Suddenly remembering his company he regains his composure with an embarrassed chuckle. "I'd be happy to carry the capsule. Of course, if we're all traveling together, then it doesn't really matter who carries it..."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 am

With a clunk and a whirr, the robot reached the gates of the settlement. It saw there was a small crowd around some sort of temporary structure, but ignored them, and started walking, creaking and occasionally giving pit the rusty squeal of strained metal. It still wasn't sure what had happened to it's clock, but noted that these citizens were wearing unfamiliar garments, but decided that finding a figure of authority was more important, and it began screeching its way towards the biggest building it could see, assuming it was tge town hall.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:55 am

SilentBelle wrote:
"Oh, neat. An actual capsule," Golden Spike says enthusiastically, stepping up to the capsule and examining it, "I've always wanted to see how one of those worked. We never could afford those out on the farm..."

Suddenly remembering his company he regains his composure with an embarrassed chuckle. "I'd be happy to carry the capsule. Of course, if we're all traveling together, then it doesn't really matter who carries it..."

"Alright, unless there's anything else, I suggest heading out."

-------------

A for Appkes wrote:With a clunk and a whirr, the robot reached the gates of the settlement. It saw there was a small crowd around some sort of temporary structure, but ignored them, and started walking, creaking and occasionally giving pit the rusty squeal of strained metal. It still wasn't sure what had happened to it's clock, but noted that these citizens were wearing unfamiliar garments, but decided that finding a figure of authority was more important, and it began screeching its way towards the biggest building it could see, assuming it was tge town hall.

You arrive at a large tannish structure made of adobe brick. Its rectangular in structure when seen from the air, and two stories high, in contrast with other building, which tend to only be a 1 story tall. You're facing the longside and there's a door in front. On top of the door is a sign saying "Town Hall"

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:53 pm

The robot recognised the symbols as letters, and could even work out a few, but the rest were undecipherable... almost as if the language had undergone a massive change overnight. Pieces of the puzzle started to click together, forming something big, something momentus. He went looking for acreature that seemed to have some authority -or a uniform at least.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm

...and a little bit of a bluer tint in the shading. Maybe not that much...
Just a dozen meters or so out of the town gate, Cloud Brush sat in front of a small portable easel. A painting of one of the nearby farms almost done in front of him.
Ahh, of course! Distortions. There must be water evaporating from those barrels...Now where did I put that palette knife..
He smiled lazily, looking at the farm he was copying onto his canvas.
I rather like this one... maybe I'll keep it. Then again, I'm almost out of charcoal... Some bread would be nice as well, for a change.. Maybe even some hayfries!
Stretching his back and forearms, he took another quick look for reference, and continued his work, the bustle behind him completely unnoticed.

Last edited by kajisora on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:15 pm

"Excellent!" Miracle smiles and bows, almost mockingly. "It's a pleasure doing business, officer! And now, Mister Spike, Madame... something, let's be going." She jumps into the caravan, leaving the door open, and begins pouring minor measures of vitriolic distill and Harmony-pollen into a funnel, down into the old, creaky alchemical engine. It won't run particularly fast or frenetic, but it can still propel them onwards at a decent rate. Then she leans out.

"Well? Are you coming, or do you have any unfinished business?"

((OOC: Since I have no idea how her caravan would get around otherwise, I'm supplying it with a very low-powered engine. Hope that's all right. Since, y'know, there are robots, I figure the tech for alchemical combustion engines exists.))
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 pm

(( Dunno about XECA, but robo here is fifty thousand years old and is from an ancient
ANCIENT civilisation. ))
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Xeca looked at the odd pony, somewhat confuse.d Was the hat pony saying she should go with the odd pony? Well.. all right. Hesitantly, she clambered into the vehicle.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm

"Alright," Golden Spike says, and swiftly flies aboard the caravan. His curiosity brimming as he takes a look at the inside of the vehicle.

((OOC: What is in her caravan anyway aside from alchemical stuff?))
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:17 pm

SilentBelle wrote:((OOC: What is in her caravan anyway aside from alchemical stuff?))

Inside the caravan is the particular, peculiar environment that's unique to someone who's been living in it without visitors for a long enough time that they no longer conceive of a home as anything other than a place to store food and sleep. There's a bed in one corner, a desk with chemical paraphernalia and bottles, and walls covered in scribbled lists and occasional amateurish drawings. A few old-timey posters from carnivals and fairs adorn the wall over the bed. In the other corner is the tightly-packed-in still, on top of the large mechanical hub with trap door that leads to the engine crawlspace. There's a little bathroom to the side. A few windows don't do much except giving the dimness texture.

Miracle Elixir is standing at a small wheel-attachment to the engine hub and tapping her hooves. At the sight of XECA and Spike, she smiles and waves them in. "Don't linger in doorways," she says. "Come in! Make yourselves at home. Mi casa es tu casa."
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:
Miracle Elixir is standing at a small wheel-attachment to the engine hub and tapping her hooves. At the sight of XECA and Spike, she smiles and waves them in. "Don't linger in doorways," she says. "Come in! Make yourselves at home. Mi casa es tu casa."

"Oh, thanks, Miss Elixir," Golden Spike says. Taken a little aback by her display of generosity he gingerly makes his way into the caravan absorbing the dim atmosphere.

I half expected her to charge me for the ride, he mused to himself.

Eventually, he settles on observing the small trap-door.
"So... what's this thing run on? All the machinery I've ever come across has always been hoof-drawn or wing-powered."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 am

OOC: Introducing Paper Shadow's Character Khaarazite, currently disguised as a white unicorn called Blue Skies.

Its been a long day for Khaarazite and its only a bit past noon. Master Roti woke him and the other students at day break and sent all of you grueling exercise course, all in the name of overcoming "pony limitations". Such as been your daily routine for the last few months. First, was wearing that heavy turtle shell on your back. Next was then 50KM run delivering milk to the various farms before it spoiled. Lastly was the back-breaking farm labor, minus the farm tools. Finally you all arrive back in Master Roti's compound. As usual, he gives you the rest of day off. Most of the other students are too exhausted to do anything but collapse into a hammock, like Master Roti is currently doing. But, perhaps Khaarazite feels different.

As for the room and compound itself, its pertty much a log cabin, rumored to have been built by Master Roti himself with his bare hooves decades earlier. Next to it and attached to the log cabin, is another room, a more recent edition, is a kitchen and dining room. You might be able to get something to eat from Roti's maid, Tea Time, but you may have to fight her for it. It depends on her mood. You're not sure whether its your mind playing tricks on you, but you swear she changes personalities every time she sneezes. She can sweet and caring one minute, and cruel and sadistic the next. You really wonder where Master Roti got her.

If you look to your left, your fellow students are napping on hammocks. There's Monkey Tail, who's ridiculously strong, but a more than a little naive, and Cueball, who's keeps his mane very short for some reason. He claims that its because he doesn't want it to get in the way a fight, but you're not sure how valid that reason is.

Outside, is a small exercise yard with training dummies, and the whole thing is surrounded by a wall of pointed logs with a small gate on one side.

All things considered, what will Khaarazite be doing?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:42 am

Exhaustion isn't the worst feeling in the world, in fact Khaarazite was use to feeling it almost all the time now. But today, instead of dozing off much like the other students, he had something on his mind. While ploughing a field with nothing but his hooves, which somehow sounds easier than it actually is, a stray thought of excitement entered his head, and it lingered and lingered, the memory, the feel, the taste, until the prospect of excitement excited him, but only slightly. He couldn't sleep until he had felt this feeling once more. But where would he go?

After thinking for a little while longer, he got out of his hammock, and headed towards the kitchen. That was always an unexpected event, maybe it would satisfy his hunger, and if not, at least he would get a snack out of it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:46 am

AppkesGelatinousCubeBait wrote:The robot recognised the symbols as letters, and could even work out a few, but the rest were undecipherable... almost as if the language had undergone a massive change overnight. Pieces of the puzzle started to click together, forming something big, something momentus. He went looking for acreature that seemed to have some authority -or a uniform at least.

After wandering around a little, you think you find some sort of authority figure by the town gates. A blue earth pony who wearing a blue hat and white sash. You can see his Cutie Mark is a cake weighed on a scale. In the far distance, you can see something like a cart with wheels, but no pony is pulling it. It slowly moving out of sight. Closer still is green pegasus with a blue mane, who seems to be totally engrossed in painting a painting.

There's also a motley assortment of stalls which offering various products which I described earlier.

OOC:I'm assuming the cart is moving off into the distance since the engine was already started. If not, I'll edit the post.

The officer turns around and sees Steel Heart walking in his general direction. He looks like he's about to say something, but then the earth starts shaking. It shakes hard for a good 30 seconds. Signs fall. Ponies scream and a lot of dust is thrown up everywhere.

Paper Shadow wrote:Exhaustion isn't the worst feeling in the world, in fact Khaarazite was use to feeling it almost all the time now. But today, instead of dozing off much like the other students, he had something on his mind. While ploughing a field with nothing but his hooves, which somehow sounds easier than it actually is, a stray thought of excitement entered his head, and it lingered and lingered, the memory, the feel, the taste, until the prospect of excitement excited him, but only slightly. He couldn't sleep until he had felt this feeling once more. But where would he go?

After thinking for a little while longer, he got out of his hammock, and headed towards the kitchen. That was always an unexpected event, maybe it would satisfy his hunger, and if not, at least he would get a snack out of it...

OOC:This is taking place somewhat earlier, so the earthquake hasn't happened yet.

You enter the kitchen, where Tea Time, a cream colored unicorn mare wearing a maid outfit and top hat awaits. Underneath the top hat, lies a well-styled mane. She smiles as you come in.

"Oh Blue Skies! You must be hungry! Would you like me to make something for you?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 am

Cardbo wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:Exhaustion isn't the worst feeling in the world, in fact Khaarazite was use to feeling it almost all the time now. But today, instead of dozing off much like the other students, he had something on his mind. While ploughing a field with nothing but his hooves, which somehow sounds easier than it actually is, a stray thought of excitement entered his head, and it lingered and lingered, the memory, the feel, the taste, until the prospect of excitement excited him, but only slightly. He couldn't sleep until he had felt this feeling once more. But where would he go?

OOC:This is taking place somewhat earlier, so the earthquake hasn't happened yet.

You enter the kitchen, where Tea Time, a cream colored unicorn mare wearing a maid outfit and top hat awaits. Underneath the top hat, lies a well-styled mane. She smiles as you come in.

"Oh Blue Skies! You must be hungry! Would you like me to make something for you?"
"Oh, yes please. Something light, if you don't mind," Khaarazite replied, with a small smile, as he looks around the room to see if something had changed, or something new and exciting was added...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 am

The first shock hits Cloud Brush just as he is leaning back to take another look at the farm.
Letting out a startled shout he falls on his back, seeing his easel toppling in front of him, just out of reach.
Wet paint falls against the grass on the readside, the constant shaking smearing the it all over the canvas by the time Cloud manages to reach it.
He lets out a soft sigh, looking around for the source of the shaking.
No hayfries today, it seems.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next