Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 24 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  SilentBelle Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
thematthew wrote:Is flaming arrow's ongoing damage 1d6/turn or roll 1d6 and it takes that much ongoing damage.

They roll 1d6 every turn.

Oh really? I thought stuff like ignite was a single roll, not one per turn. Wow, I've been under the wrong impression... I guess that allows for more opportunities to activate a special then (at least for ignite).
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 24 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:06 am

I don't think so Belly. Unless it says something like "you deal X damage" or "deal X damage" it's to DoT doing the damage, not you. So you don't get to roll for your special. Because save ends effects more often than not don't love you or anyone.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 am

Ramsus wrote:I don't think so Belly. Unless it says something like "you deal X damage" or "deal X damage" it's to DoT doing the damage, not you. So you don't get to roll for your special. Because save ends effects more often than not don't love you or anyone.

Hmm, I guess so. Poor saboteurs and their lack of activating specials Razz
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 am

Well there's always stuff like Flaming and (whoops, nope, dang) Explosive Arrow and the Grenadier stuff theMatthew (and I) made if you want save ends that have you dealing damage and rolling for specials.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Can we please just change We're Just Good at This Stuff to a stright third training?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:43 pm

"We’re Just Good At This Stuff (1)
Choose a skill. You gain training in that skill."

That's what it is, isn't it?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Ah then the problem lies with people thinking the race clause is still in effect...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Aaah. Well, I think the thing is GE is for racial creation, so it's thought that the races would have all the same skill. *Nod* It's not quite like that, I think.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:28 pm

I wouldn't mind the re-wording either, if only to prevent GM's going "this race says Bonus Training in Persuasion, I don't care you have a Sense of 3, that's what you get" or weird stuff.

So, this came up, I'm pretty sure I'm right here but, I suppose I should check. Dazed stops Gather Energy giving you extra actions right?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I hate to bring it up again, but is there any chance we could get a (possibly stickied) thread in this sub-forum with links to all the various documents that exist out there for this system? I'd do it myself but I can't make a new post here.
Philadelphus wrote:
The Player's Handbook
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LaHX_aeWrw5643u040zqovePyesWI5KAXgkoHEqDazQ/edit?pli=1
The Ponyhandlerʻs Guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10amk_prG_vU_wkGN3cS6aaKMZi_9KPHjO4U7Z9Hh5d4/edit?pli=1
Equine Power
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k1FJBDGgxV3xbLuFyaiTWDAuIfBQOmF7gvIlupuW-q4/edit?pli=1
Races of Equestria
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dMjqOOviAR_XPLaFuGxMZruTDi_sfObF6SKlmLVEsWs/edit
The Treasure Hoard
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q6pWfy8DGqOfZEzKVxGtl6mu_QrGA_JOp3X9xu9kqHE/edit
The Talent Show
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11vx92R_KyexH_pt6idvOnzrqJ0bV-tfx912FSwJAJ0g/edit
Genetic Engineering
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OIHfLblakXp8Y6iDzA5lq33nLvd8dJxE_iswnTgvrQw/edit
Book of Fate
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WNv563zitDRU-F89M36dM9zZIjHTmWJYWhXdJ-7kIAQ/edit
The Art of War
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jw3zmpry7hug3H8CpLdqpQ24v8ftcQDHaA0FQXoWYnw/edit
Combat Talents for the Tabletop Version
https://docs.google.com/document/d/149iJqfO0_s50mDDEKFBrimnvZpzxf2shBLrrW782Wik/edit?disco=AAAAAE3Tv2c
The Treasure Hoard – Combat Items for Tabletop
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YI-6sbc6HZHEEw1uAKALYFQMq-Zwgkpl4mhgejlt7dY/edit

I think that's all of them, if anyone finds one floating around that I missed please let me know.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Ramsus wrote:So, this came up, I'm pretty sure I'm right here but, I suppose I should check. Dazed stops Gather Energy giving you extra actions right?

I am also curious about this.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Being dazed does indeed restrict you to a single action each turn, so it doesn't work well with Gather Energy.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 pm

I think the description for Dazed needs to be reworded then, to make this a tad bit clearer; As it is, it only says you can't take both a Standard AND a Minor action on the same turn.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Edited for clarity.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:01 pm

I know you guys have a lot on your plate but, I hope at some point you'll put all the special moves and combat talents into one document just for ease of use.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Definitely a good idea. Right now we're working on getting traits updated - but I'll ask Kindulas to take a look at that when he gets time.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Speaking of which. I have a similar document in progress.

When I added the three of you as contributors, I had presumed it would send you an e-mail saying so. Could you please confirm this for me?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I don't *think* I got one.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:53 pm

Sent you a link.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:59 pm

I can confirm that Grey Pen is doing a good job editing them all into one expanded handbook with all of the original pony flavor.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Question One: Am I right in thinking that you can reflavour Sweet and Elite for underworld connections (such as thieves, mobsters, and other generally shady business stuff) instead of high society stuff, as long as it's okay with the GM in the same way a regular Sweet and Elite talent would be?

Question Two: Am I correct in thinking that you can't take training in a skill multiple times, even with help of stuff like I’ve Read A Lot About It?

Question Three: While you are hovering with Flying Ace, do you gain the +5 bonus to brawn and precision checks?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 am

I'm pretty sure the answers to questions 1 and 2 are yes and no respectively. Third one I believe also yes, though I wish the wording on that would be fixed so that the +5 bonus isn't given to tasks that are completely unrelated to flying, such as mechanics checks when you're hovering half an inch off the ground.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am

Nehiel Mori wrote:I can confirm that Grey Pen is doing a good job editing them all into one expanded handbook with all of the original pony flavor.

I aim to please Very Happy

It's one of those things where OCD is actually helpful...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 am

Ramsus wrote:I'm pretty sure the answers to questions 1 and 2 are yes and no respectively. Third one I believe also yes, though I wish the wording on that would be fixed so that the +5 bonus isn't given to tasks that are completely unrelated to flying, such as mechanics checks when you're hovering half an inch off the ground.
To be fair, if you are hovering while doing a mechanics check, you can angle yourself into a better position or positions to achieve what you are trying to achieve. Also, Flying Ace costs between 5 utility traits to 3 utility traits and a three point racial trait. At that cost, I think it is fair enough to get the bonuses...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Question One: Am I right in thinking that you can reflavour Sweet and Elite for underworld connections (such as thieves, mobsters, and other generally shady business stuff) instead of high society stuff, as long as it's okay with the GM in the same way a regular Sweet and Elite talent would be?

Question Two: Am I correct in thinking that you can't take training in a skill multiple times, even with help of stuff like I’ve Read A Lot About It?

Question Three: While you are hovering with Flying Ace, do you gain the +5 bonus to brawn and precision checks?

1) Yes, absolutely. You can reflavor anything in the system however you like. People are even using the system to play Star Wars games, Legend of Zelda, epic fantasy, Pokemon and more.

2) Absolutely. You can't take training in the same skill more than once.

3) This is naturally up to your DM, but rules-wise it allows it. And it's also fair to get a +5 bonus considering that you had to spend a bunch of utility talents to get that bonus.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next