Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 37 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  thematthew Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Plague Eater
At the beginning of your turn, you gain 4 hp for each (save ends) condition you have.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 37 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 pm

thematthew wrote:Oh no, I'm just trying to make the designers look at what they actually wrote, and see that it will keep you alive throughout any fight where you have a single save ends condition on you.

I think when you fall unconscious you lose any save ends effects?

And even if not, you have to roll for save ends effects to end every turn - it isn't optional.

Paper Shadow wrote:
thematthew wrote:Why on Earth was Plague Eater designed so as to make you immortal?
...Plague Eater?

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 37 QZjZdVG

EDIT: No matthew don't do that kinda ninja to me
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:29 pm

According to previous answers here, you don't lose save ends conditions when you get KOed.

Edit: Why is he telling me not to ninja him?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

He's talking to me. He was upset that I posted the answer to papershadow first.

EDIT: I know you have to roll your saves, but it is stupid easy to get 4-5 save ends conditions on yourself by turn 2, including a -5 penalty to saves.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Maybe it should give you regen 4(X), where X is the number of (save ends) effects. Or you gain 4 HP if you are suffering from one or more (save ends) effect. Or maybe 2HP per condition...

As it is now, 4 per condition does seem overpowered...
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 pm

I can easily have effective regen 22, 20 of which still works when I'm unconscious, starting on turn 2 with this talent. Seriously, wtf?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 pm

What save ends would you have in that instance?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

OD 2, vuln 2, regen 2, -5 to saves/vuln 2/+2 dam, -2 dam.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:09 am

Here's about half of how:

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 37 RJrTt4I

And I've heard of the other half but can't think of how to get those things off the top of my head.

Yeaaaaah this is pretty bad.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 am

Well you're taking 4 damage per turn, then followed up with whatever the enemy does to you. But yes, it is a bit crazy.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 am

Yes indeed, it's ridiculously easy for the DM to exploit - but we don't want to rely on DMs to mess with such things. I'm surprised that version of the traits made it in, I thought we'd fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 am

Can your own conjurations (and/or your conjurer's pet) take the actions granted by stuff like go for the eyes and royal command?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:06 am

Yes.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 am

Conjurations don't get knocked unconscious, do they? They just disappear when they run out of hp?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:17 am

Right.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:36 am

thematthew wrote:
Plague Eater
At the beginning of your turn, you gain 4 hp for each (save ends) condition you have.
Ah, that's why I couldn't find it, I forget that the traits are in a separate document now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:27 am

For Pyrotechnics, and its dragon racial form, what's the duration of the blindness from the blinding fireworks? Because right now the way it's worded it's basically a perma-blind.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

So when we going to see the "minor/major" magic system that we've been promassed to have instend of the dumb -7 pentaily to It's Witchcraft.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 pm

When I'm not in the middle of planning the finale adventure for the winter season of my college D&D game while simultaneously studying for finals. Rest assured though Xel, your kind tone only accelerates the process. Wink
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Minor/major magic system?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Racials question!

Call Out (1) – At Will
You let out a loud call. Choose one

A) Name any number of creatures that could recognize your voice. They hear your howl automatically and know how far away from them you are and in what direction.
B) Every creature within one to ten miles (your choice) hears the call and knows where you are in relation to them. You make make it clear whether or not your call is meant as a warning, distress call, etc.

What exactly is the difference between A and B? Does A cause *only* the selected creatures to hear your message (Subsonic sounds, or a manner similar to telepathy, meaning this racial can be considered/reflavored as a psionic/mindflayer-like racial), or is it available for all to hear, who can hear it?

If it is the latter, there isn't really a distinction / choice between them: Both are equally capable of alerting both NPC (hostile or otherwise) and allies of your location.

The whole thing is very vague on the range/hearing limit of "A" as well.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but I was wondering... Why is the pre-req for Howling Chains effecting somepony that they're helpless?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:30 pm

This may have been asked a while ago, but can you ward yourself from being targeted with Spectral Warden?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Can you stack the "we're just good at this stuff" racial with the "I've read a lot about it" utility talent, for a total of 4 trained skills? Or the Buffalo "We're really good at this stuff" for a total of 5 trained skills?
Also, is the aforementioned Buffalo racial ever going to become a Genetic Engineering option?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 am

sunbeam wrote:This may have been asked a while ago, but can you ward yourself from being targeted with Spectral Warden?

Yes you can. It's Target creature.

sunbeam wrote:Can you stack the "we're just good at this stuff" racial with the "I've read a lot about it" utility talent, for a total of 4 trained skills? Or the Buffalo "We're really good at this stuff" for a total of 5 trained skills?
Also, is the aforementioned Buffalo racial ever going to become a Genetic Engineering option?

The "We're Really Good AT This Stuff" is just a reflavored "We're just good at this stuff" racial. And yes, they do stack (As far as I know)
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next