Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement

3 posters

Go down

Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement Empty Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 am

So, deonte, one of my potential players for The LOEGC, decided his zebregasus was a bit boring, and now wants to play a Mr. Hyde type character (except he's gonna be super smart instead of strong). This is the mechanic I have in mind:

Limitless

----

When you take this talent, pick three Skills. These are your Limitless skills. You gain a +10 bonus to each of these skills.

However, you must take a special potion to maintain these god-like powers. You also gain a Limit Meter. Whenever you take your potion, it resets to 0. For every hour that passes after that, it goes up by 1. Every time you use a Limitless skill, you subtract the value of your Limit Meter from the total.

----

So, for instance, a super strong character might take, say, Stunts/Endurance/Acrobatics. Assuming we have everypony attributes, and that trained and cutie skills are down the hall from us, that means he gets a base of 17, plus his roll, right after taking his potion. After an hour it goes down to 16. Then 15, 14, 13, etc., all the way down (in our case) to -3, until he takes more potion.

I will be play testing this on Deonte's character, if he should choose to try it, once I hear your opinions (if any). If not, I'll talk to Logan about using it on Maria Skinny. And if that fails, then I don't know!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement Empty Re: Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement

Post  deonte9109 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:00 am

I like it my only concern (and I just realized it on my version as well) is that players could abuse the potion taking to keep their stats up. So i was thinking maybe putting a limit to how often the potion could be taken and also slightly more negative effects maybe instead of decrements of 1 like 3 or 4.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement Empty Re: Hulking Out! Another Grey Pen Supplement

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 am

If that -3 is supposed to mimic withdrawal symptoms, then I have an alternative- make it a 1/day power, allowing the full +10s for, say, 3-5 hours. Then it reverts to zero for the rest of the day. If it isn't used the next day, then withdrawal kicks in, at -5 to the select skills, or -3 to all skills. You don't have to look solely at bonuses and penalties either. Withdrawal could be that you don't start with a magic point that day, or you can't critically succeed, or crit fail on 2's and 3's.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down