Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

+3
Colter Bolt
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) Empty Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Many thanks to our favorite Warrior for this idea.

IC background:

Many, many, MANY years ago, an ingenious chef pony invented.... MUFFINS. And everyone (not everypony, everyONE) who tried one went, "MMMMM, Muffins..."

A certain draconequus who shall not be named decided that this invention should be honored forever. And so he took The First Muffin (don't ask where he got it, I don't want to know) and cast a spell on it. From that day forth, The First Muffin would never grow stale or moldy... or smaller, no matter how much of it you ate.

Moreover, The First Muffin would always be perfect, according to the tastes of the one who ate it; perfect flavor, perfect texture, perfect density, perfect nut/berry ratio, etcetera.

Fast forward. Many, many, MANY years later, there was a young filly who heard this tale at bed-time every night growing up. And her name was... Derpy Hooves.

She has been saving all of her bits in order to hopefully go on a trip to find the legendary First Muffin. But she has found herself to be a bit, well, clumsy... and has decided to hire YOU to go in her stead.

OOC rules for this campaign:

Explicitly banned or restricted:

1. Seriousness. This is a silly campaign; if you do not make sillyness, sillyness will make YOU!

2. Joke Templates. I want silly, not OP.

3. Genetic Engineering isn't banned... but ask first. If yes, get 6 points, not 8; until they update the default races, it's just a lot simpler that way.

Explicitly Required:

1. Sillyness. It bears repeating.

2. We have been working very hard over in the Dev corner on Flaws. You must take one for this campaign, for the sake of playtesting. Preferably one no one else has taken already.

To make it up to you, the first one is absolutely FREE! You still get to pick 5 utility talents on top of your Flaw. (Further Flaws will take those talents up however, just like normal.)

3. I will only be taking 3 4 players for now. This will open the possibility of taking on players later.

Update: Cursed Medals

This was an idea I had for Kingdom Pony, for the purpose of conveniently switching out Flaws in order to test them. Kingdom Pony seems to have slowed down significantly, however.

And it has just now occurred to me to try them out here!

A Cursed Medal is nothing more than a Utility Only item. It grants whoever is carrying it one or sometimes several Flaws. That's all there is to it right now; other rules regarding them will be stuck here as needed.

As for the Free Flaws I gave you? Nope, they're stuck on you. Those are yours forever.
Be assured of this, however; You will find Cursed Medals... Or Cursed Medals will find YOU!

That is all.

Accepted Players

The Warrior of Many Faces as Kogu

Quietkal as Cascading Falls

Colter Bolt as Grigok

Whiteeyes as Thundering Flute! Rawr!

----

Pending/Waiting Players:

Doc Psuedopolis (no character sheet)

Last edited by Grey Pen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 11 times in total
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 am

Will this be play-by-post or a skype game?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 am

Play By Post.

BTW, regarding the required Flaws... If you don't see one you care for, you could contribute one... I don't mind...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:15 am

Silly, eh? How about this guy whose background story I'll think up tomorrow?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 am

Restricted access on that, Colter Bolt.
Since all but one of the games I was in either crashed or was paused, here's a Miss Cascading Falls.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 am

Colter Bolt wrote:Silly, eh? How about this guy whose background story I'll think up tomorrow?
WE need access to that sheet silly. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am

Oops. Looks like the silly is already starting. How about now?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 am

Colter Bolt: I said no Joke Templates! If you must be a Time Pony then you'll have to improvise with Genetic Engineering.

Quietkal: I'd rather not have It's Over! Floating about. Especially given that there's like a 23% chance of round 2 battle end (not accounting for the damage done by It's Over and Frostfall combined.) Other than that it looks good.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry. I hadn't realized how tired I was when I read this and made the sheet. I'll see what I can come up with.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Hmm, I'll have to do a little reworking, then. I chose It's Over as well, but I can think of something that should be an adequate susbstitute. Plus, y'know, I need to add a flaw. Colorblind looks like it works pretty well with what I had in mind, though.

Also, I actually did use Genetic Engineering, but since you wanted this cleared with you first, here's what I had in mind:

Feline Grace (1)
You take no damage from falls.

Flight (3)
Characters of your race can fly with poor maneuverability (you take -10 penalty to precision and brawn skills while flying). It takes practice to fly with grace and options for that appear in the utility talents.

Fast as Lightning (2) –Magic
By spending a Magic Point, a character of your race can move at a rate of a 50 miles-per-second for the next minute. However, few of your race can endure a full minute at this pace. Moving at this blistering speed is incredibly dangerous; a character of your race takes 1d20 damage for each second spent moving at this speed.

The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm

You said it's going to be a cat? Looks okay.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Okey-dokey-lokey then! Here's Kogu!
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Here kitty kitty... c'mon out from behind that access restriction... I just wanna look at your character sheet...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Here kitty kitty... c'mon out from behind that access restriction... I just wanna look at your character sheet...

Dagnabbit, a pox on Google Docs for not becoming public because I will it to! Should be fixed now.

Oh, by the by, because he's not exactly a normal cat, I was thinking he'd be able to speak Equestrian. If not, we can always whip up a custom flaw to reflect his difficulty in communicating.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Quietkal: I'd rather not have It's Over! Floating about. Especially given that there's like a 23% chance of round 2 battle end (not accounting for the damage done by It's Over and Frostfall combined.) Other than that it looks good.
No big, I actually meant to take that out. All the times I've used It's Over thus far have led to anti-climactic fights, because they just become "how many turns until I destroy everything."
Swapped it out for
[+2] Survival Skills - Standard Utility
You regain 1d12 hp.
from the Art of War doc.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 pm

@Kal: A pegasus who explores aquatic stuff? Now I've seen everything. XD

@Bolt: I still can't actually access the doc... I'll detail how I made mine public; maybe it'll help. There should be a blue button with a picture of a person/hyperlink symbol on it on the upper right. Click it, then go to the part where it talks about who can access it. Click change, then pick an option (I'd go with "Anyone with the link can view", personally).
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:@Kal: A pegasus who explores aquatic stuff? Now I've seen everything. XD

@Bolt: I still can't actually access the doc... I'll detail how I made mine public; maybe it'll help. There should be a blue button with a picture of a person/hyperlink symbol on it on the upper right. Click it, then go to the part where it talks about who can access it. Click change, then pick an option (I'd go with "Anyone with the link can view", personally).
Well, you saw I was thinking about running a water-campaign, yea? Well...
Also, that's how you do that? I go File -> Share... -> Change Privacy Settings -> Set to "Anyone with Link." Then again, you're a cat.
[edit] Also, on your character sheet, you've got the Cloud Chaser talent as setting you at -5 while in the air.
[edit2] Also, you're a cat.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

No, I managed to completely miss the water campaign idea somehow... huh. Weird. *shrug*

That method would work too.

Thanks for pointing that out. Copy-paste must have been doing weird stuff. EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Also, yes, I am very much a cat. Everybody's gonna be picking up on that feline beat, cuz everything else is obsolete. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Aquatic with the pirates and everything? I've come with an earth pony with an...unhealthy obsession with cannons so I'll give it a day or two before putting the sheet up.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Aquatic with the pirates and everything? I've come with an earth pony with an...unhealthy obsession with cannons so I'll give it a day or two before putting the sheet up.
This isn't a nautical campaign, at least as far as I know. Just making sure you're signing up for the right campaign here.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Kal: Okie dokie lokie!

Womf: As amusing as such a flaw might be, I think we shan't mess with it right now. You're good to go on all other points, however.

Doc: No, it's not a nautical campaign (though there may be brief nautical parts). Also, a high diver, a sea pirate, and a cat are liable to not get along to well (it's bad enough with one splashing pony, do we need two?)
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Well...not pirate per say, literally obessed with cannons.
As in trying to help deliver the mail by firing crates of it out of a cannon, a bad idea as it turns out.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:@Kal: A pegasus who explores aquatic stuff? Now I've seen everything. XD

Yeah, I made it private again. It's not my first character sheet, just the first I made while tired.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 am

Grey Pen wrote:Womf: As amusing as such a flaw might be, I think we shan't mess with it right now. You're good to go on all other points, however.

Yay! Gracias! Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Everybody's gonna be picking up on that feline beat, cuz everything else is obsolete. Very Happy

Tie and button shoes...

You gave me an idea for an enemy.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next