Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discord's Game Signup/OOC

+10
Brony 7 of 9
tygerburningbright
Doc pseudopolis
kajisora
Ramsus
elfowlgirl
Quietkal
SilentBelle
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
14 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Discord's Game Signup/OOC Empty Discord's Game Signup/OOC

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 am

Because I'm not busy enough already. XD

Basically, Discord's somehow gotten out (you're not sure how) and has neutralized everything that could possibly be a threat to him. Chaos everywhere, Discord rules!

Only, there's no risk anymore. It's all boring now.

So he's been letting select groups of ponies into his fortress for a little game. If they can make it through his gauntlet after having found and revived all of the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, he'll allow himself to be turned into stone. If you die, however, he reserves the right to your eternal soul and can do what he likes with you.

Now, at this point you're probably wondering who would want to volunteer for that. Well, they don't. He just randomly takes six ponies at a time into his fortress so that they have no choice but to play.

Okay, campaign intro over, now we get into the mechanics of things.

First off, this will mostly be a combat-oriented campaign. Mostly because I want to make a lot of monsters and run a lot of combat at the moment, and my other campaigns are more RP-oriented. You can roleplay to the extent you want, but I'd recommend not getting anyone with elaborate backstories because of this next point:

There is a very decent chance that your character will die. Discord doesn't play arou... okay, so he does play around, but it's a very serious game. It probably wouldn't hurt to make characters as if you were about to play Call of Cthulhu or just any campaign with a Killer GM: make a character you can have fun with, but don't get too attached.

However, to help circumvent this, you may roll 1d10 during character creation. Whatever comes up is your level: build your character from there. (Note that Boons are not in effect here.)

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: only six players at a time. However, if the party dies, the next six people to submit a character get rights to the next part of Discord's game.

Welp, that's pretty much it. First six to submit a character get in!

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to mention; expect ANYTHING to appear. And I do mean anything.

Party List:

Distant Cloud played by Quietkal

Busy Bee played by Kajisora

Toxin played by Brony 7 of 9

Dragoon the griffon played by Tygerburningbright

MacVellion Mk.1 played by Doc Pseudopolis

Night played by Elfowlgirl

Waiting List:

Aqua the Water-Pony played by Xel Unknown

Abomitall played by Grey Pen

The Student played by AProcrastinatingWriter

Blood Mage played by LoganAura

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 12 times in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Discord's Game Signup/OOC Empty Re: Discord's Game Signup/OOC

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 am

Sounds interesting. Could I play a robot or a gak pony?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am

Cardbo wrote:Sounds interesting. Could I play a robot or a gak pony?

Why not? Odds are stacked against you anyway (after all, it is Discord we're talking about here) and there's definitely reason for either to be there (again, Discord). Plus, with the new racial rules expansion, a gak pony is a lot easier to create (unless there's a template for it now that I missed).
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 am

The template I'd be using is the one I put together here. Mind If I used the Utility Talents I posted there as well?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 am

Sounds like fun... Although I have too much to do already, to join in, but if you want me to test any of the monsters before you use them then, by all means, send 'em to me Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 am

Cardbo wrote:The template I'd be using is the one I put together here. Mind If I used the Utility Talents I posted there as well?

Go ahead on both, they seem fine to me. Let the gak begin! :pinkiecrazy:

SilentBelle wrote:Sounds like fun... Although I have too much to do already, to join in, but if you want me to test any of the monsters before you use them then, by all means, send 'em to me Very Happy

I might just take you up on that. :twilightsmile:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 am

It sounds cool, but I'll pass because I don't want to be stalking you. Shocked
You know, only being in the 2 other campaigns you're running, as well as having our characters in something akin to a relationship in the only other game I'm in.
Speaking of not stalking, is the evil campaign waiting on something?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 am

Quietkal wrote:It sounds cool, but I'll pass because I don't want to be stalking you. Shocked
You know, only being in the 2 other campaigns you're running, as well as having our characters in something akin to a relationship in the only other game I'm in.
Speaking of not stalking, is the evil campaign waiting on something?

I honestly don't have a problem with it. Kinda flattering, actually, given that it means that I'm doing a good enough job making campaign ideas that you're following me.

Evil... I think I was waiting on something, but I can't think what... hold on, I'll go check. Odds are whatever it was I was waiting for isn't gonna happen, though, so expect a post soon.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 am

Introducing Marrow King
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 am

Cardbo wrote:Introducing Marrow King

Congrats, you're in! :pinkiehappy:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 am

Nnngg... so tempted... Well, I do have a character I probably won't use for a while anyway... Eh, I'll just reuse him if he dies.

Expect his character sheet sometime tomorrow (but if someone else wants my slot before that then go ahead).
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am

Facey face, can I use the combat build I made for the LL character for Xel's other game that doesn't seem to be happening? It's a combination of some official talents but mostly some of the custom monster combat talents we made. I don't think it's super broken or anything but, it is.... strange.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 am

elfowlgirl wrote:Nnngg... so tempted... Well, I do have a character I probably won't use for a while anyway... Eh, I'll just reuse him if he dies.

Expect his character sheet sometime tomorrow (but if someone else wants my slot before that then go ahead).

I look forward to seeing it. Very Happy

Ramsus wrote:Facey face, can I use the combat build I made for the LL character for Xel's other game that doesn't seem to be happening? It's a combination of some official talents but mostly some of the custom monster combat talents we made. I don't think it's super broken or anything but, it is.... strange.

Throw me a link and we'll see.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 am

Working on a buffalo then. :3
(It's hard not to play stereotypes. Which is why I'm going with them.)
(I rolled an 8 for level o,o)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:21 am

Quietkal wrote:Working on a buffalo then. :3
(It's hard not to play stereotypes. Which is why I'm going with them.)
(I rolled an 8 for level o,o)

Huh, lucky you! Also, that marks my first buffalo, so that'll also be interesting... :pinkieplotting:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:36 am

Here's what I had for that character.

Special Move: Buccaneer Blaze

Combat Talents:
1] Perfect Focus
2] Making a Withdrawal from the Fog Bank
3] Banishment
4] Psychic Surge
5] Conjure Fire Giant
6] Silver Lining
7] Fireswath
8] Latch On
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am

Ramsus wrote:Here's what I had for that character.

Special Move: Buccaneer Blaze

Combat Talents:
1] Perfect Focus
2] Making a Withdrawal from the Fog Bank
3] Banishment
4] Psychic Surge
5] Conjure Fire Giant
6] Silver Lining
7] Fireswath
8] Latch On

I'm not sure where to find the details on these custom talents is the problem. I've bolded the ones I don't recognize.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 am

They're on the canpaign of jokers item sheet, but here's a copy of them so you don't need to search through.

[+1] Making a Withdrawal from the Fog Bank - Immediate Reaction - Combat Talent [1/Battle]
Trigger: You become subject to a save ends effect.
All enemies are blinded for the next two rounds beginning at the start of the next round.

[-X] Banishment - Combat Talent
Chosen enemy is banished from the battle for X rounds. A banished enemy cannot be affected by combat talents, and the enemy cannot attack, gains pips, or use talents while banished.

[+2] Silver Lining - Combat Talent [3/Battle]
Use the last combat talent used by anypony with a PiP cost of -5 or less (-5, -4, -3, +3, etc) that you would be able to establish a valid target for. You neither pay nor gain PiPs for that talent.

[-2] Latch On - Combat Talent
Stun target enemy until your next turn. At the beginning of each turn, you can pay another 1 PiP and forgo your turn to keep the opponent stunned.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:06 am

Double post because I just finished Distant Cloud, a thunder buffalo. Beware.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 am

Quietkal wrote:They're on the canpaign of jokers item sheet, but here's a copy of them so you don't need to search through.

[+1] Making a Withdrawal from the Fog Bank - Immediate Reaction - Combat Talent [1/Battle]
Trigger: You become subject to a save ends effect.
All enemies are blinded for the next two rounds beginning at the start of the next round.

[-X] Banishment - Combat Talent
Chosen enemy is banished from the battle for X rounds. A banished enemy cannot be affected by combat talents, and the enemy cannot attack, gains pips, or use talents while banished.

[+2] Silver Lining - Combat Talent [3/Battle]
Use the last combat talent used by anypony with a PiP cost of -5 or less (-5, -4, -3, +3, etc) that you would be able to establish a valid target for. You neither pay nor gain PiPs for that talent.

[-2] Latch On - Combat Talent
Stun target enemy until your next turn. At the beginning of each turn, you can pay another 1 PiP and forgo your turn to keep the opponent stunned.

Thanks Kal! Very Happy

Okay, so Latch On and Silver Lining look just fine. I'm a bit iffy about Fog Bank, given that it's a [+1] Interrupt, but on the other hand, it's only for statuses and only inflicts blindness, so that seems okay. I am, however, vetoing Banishment, given that a) there are going to be enough solo monsters to make that sort of thing annoying and b) it's basically a watered-down Judo Throw, which I personally dislike because it's annoying. Sorry, Ramsus, but you'll have to find some other combat talent for that slot.

Quietkal wrote:Double post because I just finished Distant Cloud, a thunder buffalo. Beware.

Looks good to me, you're in! :pinkiehappy:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 am

Well, I'll have to think on things then. That move was largely a big part of the point of that build (I literally built the whole thing around it) and being able to mess around with weird things for a bit, before the character inevitably died and I had to make a new one, is the only real draw this concept has for me, as I'm not really all that big on combat, especially when it's literally detracting from the RP intentionally. Also, can't really take the game seriously at all with random, not equal, levels across the party. So I might just opt to skip this game and leave the slot free for people who like that kind of thing more. If all the slots fill up before I make up my mind, no worries. I can always sign up as a replacement if I decide later that I want to join in.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 am

Ramsus wrote:Well, I'll have to think on things then. That move was largely a big part of the point of that build (I literally built the whole thing around it) and being able to mess around with weird things for a bit, before the character inevitably died and I had to make a new one, is the only real draw this concept has for me, as I'm not really all that big on combat, especially when it's literally detracting from the RP intentionally. Also, can't really take the game seriously at all with random, not equal, levels across the party. So I might just opt to skip this game and leave the slot free for people who like that kind of thing more. If all the slots fill up before I make up my mind, no worries. I can always sign up as a replacement if I decide later that I want to join in.

Fair enough, no pressure. And to be fair, I'm not taking this game entirely seriously myself, given that I'm approaching the trials with Discord's mindset (it's really quite fun, which no doubt would have cemented your knowledge of my love of Discord if you weren't already quite aware of it). Hence the random levels and the head-turning monsters I'll be throwing at the party.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 am

Sure why not, I'll sign up if you'll have me.
Mind if I use the pony creator to make a pony crossed with a bee?
Seems the sort of thing ol' Dissy would cobble together if he's bored, then abandon once it bores him.
Here we go:
Busy Bee
EDIT: somehow missed the level thing
roll for level:
1d10+0 7+0 = 7
updating character. Update complete

Last edited by kajisora on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am

If it is all right I shall make a robot for this. Because robots that's why.
The D10 I rolled says 9.
Edit:
Hmm...actually would it be alright to Use the Mechanical and Nine lives racial traits, start and level 1 or 2 and go up a level with each death, flavouring it as a more advanced version being deployed in place of the destroyed robot each time?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Two things is it PBP and are there still slots open?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next