Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+6
Caden2112
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
10 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 24 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 am

I take the first charge of haste offerings!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 24 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:10 am

All right, Ping brought up a good point: Personas generally have weakness/ strength charts.

I'm putting it to a vote: Would you like to have them? An example would be:

Mars:
Phy-Agi-bufu-Garu-Zio-hama-mudo
str-str-weak-neutral-neutral-wea

Continued example.s.

Sinestra:
wea-neu-str-neu-str-wea-neu
Virgo:
neu-neu-wea-wea-neu-str-str
Luna:
neu-wea-str-neu-neu-wea-str
Azteca:
neu-str-wea-wea-neu-str-neu
Angel:
Neu-neu-neu-neu-weak-str-weak

Last edited by LoganAura on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

Sorry for the double post:

Arachne-
null-wea-wea-wea-wea-null-wea

Gemini
str-neu-neu-str-wea-wea-neu

Icarus
neu-wea-str-str-wea-neu-neu

Azazel
neu-Abs-wea-neu-wea-wea-Abs

Siren
neu-wea-Abs-neu-wea-wea-str

Cassio
neu-neu-wea-neu-str-str-wea

WARNING: A LOT OF THIS IS SUNJECT TO CHANGE.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 pm

My guesses:

Melody - Gemini: The Gemini were a pair of twins, one mortal one immortal. I think. Mythology is weird like that. I sort of see it as representative of her dualism, her changeling and unicorn sides, at once working together and pulling against each other. At the same time, there is every possibility that her 'Castor' half (the unicorn) will be 'killed' (revealed and driven away) and leave her 'Pollux' half (the changeling) alone.

Brash - Icarus: Brash is Icarus incarnate. Where others find wonder in the newest phones, or cutting edge electronics, Brash hits targets nobody else can even see - and without even trying. While the mythical Icarus was not himself the inventor, he has become inextricably interwoven with the idea of flying too high and being burnt for one's hubris. And it's hard not to see the same themes in Brash's dreams and mindset. This one could have been Zeela's too, but Azazel fits better for reasons I'll go into next.

Zeela - Azazel: Zeela is the Damned. Like Brash, she pushes the sciences beyond 'what should', but unlike him, she has already fallen. Azazel's crime was that of corruption, teaching men warfare and women deception, and the art of witchcraft. Later, he became the personification of impurity, the spirit of corruption and ruination. Zeela believes herself both corrupted and corrupting - from the unexplored disaster that drove her from her former home, her breakdown at the realisation that she'd nearly killed Tilt, and her deep fear that she'd irreversibly contaminated her own body, as evidenced by her new fire ability and the talk of her destiny being changing into a fire elemental. She may not wish corruption on others, but she believes herself a corrupter. Hence, Azazel.

Icing - Siren: Icing is a masked stallion. At best, he's a sociopath - it's never about what's right, it's about putting on the right face in front of customers, it's about taking opportunities to make himself look good, it's about looking nice to attract a ladyfriend before they have a chance to abhor the real him. He sings like the siren, presenting an attractive face - that belies the dangerous sadist that lurks below the surface.

George - Cassio: Cassio... Cassio is probably the weakest one of my reasonings, unfortunately, because I don't know who Cassio is. The only thing I've got for this one is that as a more pacifistic type - especially relative to his culture - with a commitment to the strictures of his profession, he fits the 'angelic' profile, which the strength/weakness block follows.

It's possible that Cassio is Cassiel, angel of solitude and tears. Of the angels, he is one of the very few who doesn't meddle in mortal affairs, which mirrors George's difference to his fellow griffons - unlike griffons, who hunt and act to change the world, George seems content to stand away, and simply heal the sick and injured. Also ascribed to Cassiel is the power to drive one's enemies away - which seems to have parallels in George simply flying himself away from his foes rather than engaging himself in conflict.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Arachne: Arachne was a mortal who's skills rivaled gods in sewing, sort of connecting Shiro's seeing magics and Arcana's sight. In one instance, Arachne bested Athena and was punished for showing the joys and pleasures of the gods, a stretched connection to Shiro besting his shadow, and then ending up getting his parents killed. In another, Arachne lost and hung herself in desapair (Shiro's shadow trying to kill him), but due to the goddess's mercy, she was reborn (Shiro's chance at atoning for what he believes is a sin he has done)
Other things will be shown in time
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:12 pm

I wouldn't mind playing with affinities, at the least.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:38 pm

I don't really understand how the strengths/weaknesses thing would work. Could you provide an example?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:02 pm

I think we talked about this a while back.

Absorb: Damage dealt of the element is healed instead
Null: Damage dealt of the element is 0 no matter what
Strong: Damage dealt of the element is considered to hit resist... 3
Neutral: Damage dealt of the element isn't affected by any additional thing.
Weak: Damage dealt of the element is considered to hit Vul 3.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Does that mean that we'd gain those strengths and weaknesses when using our ponysona's?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Yep.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Well as currently stands I'm not greatly in favor since they mostly seem to make us take more damage than give us any kind of advantage.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 pm

That's mostly because these are Tempersonas.

I'll allow you guys to buff them a bit with 'X Sheild' items using Marie to strengthen them.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm of the opinion that elemental add on to combat is a fun idea... ONLY, it needs a bit more work from what I see.

Perosnally I think strong and weak should do a +1 to resist/vul. But that's just my opinion. OR add some type of "elemental HP" type of deal that does odd effects and junk. Overall I'm fine with stuff as is... And we'd only add this to the system after we all feel the system looks balanced enough to be worth trying out for us.

Also in terms of using it in the latest combat. I suggest we don't... This should be a hard enough fight by itself. Unless we got good word that these edits will only have minor effects on the combat. *shurgs*

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some more of my thoughts)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 am

As the only one with a physical weakness, I'ma go with "no" for as long as possible. Smile

EDIT: Also, considering its speaking... It's my shadow, isn't it? Regardless if its a random, mine, or another's, I hope it toys around with our characters a bit instead of hopping right into combat.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 am

George
Tilt
Brash
Shiro
Melody
Zeela
Icing
Alice
Daisoujo. (WEakened + Ongoing 5 Save ends)

For if you guys fight Alice and Daisoujo.

Last edited by LoganAura on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 am

Of course its Alice, I forgot her signature ability. Very Happy
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 am

And Daisoujo-san! Very Happy
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:19 am

Freaking Samsara... That's going to be rough if it comes to a fight.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:20 am

We're so gonna die. Or if not die, be defeated and wake up stuffed in test tubes or something. Rolling Eyes
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am

Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:39 am

For those unfamiliar:

In Persona 4 (other games it was different), Alice's ability Die For Me was a 100% instant death chance to the entire group. She had Mudo Boost to increase this to 150% instant death chance (meaning even things resistant to darkness died 75% of the time) to every target. Samsara is the equivalent 100%/150% death chance ability for light.

I know Instant Death doesn't happen in the setting, but still...

EDIT: And Ramsus, I edited it in, though it failed, heh.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:46 am

The point still stood that they were REALLY not to be trifled with off-handedly...Paired with the fact that Daisoujou usually has Mediarama/Mediarhan (Greater Heal All and Full Heal All respectively,) this could be problematic if this is as bad as we're assuming...Because then when they're not gibbing us they're fixing whatever we managed to do. Hopefully they're not -that- hideously overpowered...Or at least they'll hold back to taunt us.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:00 am

We would lose if they were the same power as they are in-game. We would lose Turn 1. If there's balancing factors, we could make it as far as turn 3 or 4, I bet! I say we die in a blaze of glory! Onwards, destroy these xeno scum for the glory of the Emperor!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 am

George
Shiro
Tilt
Brash
Zeela
Melody
Icing
Alice -28 HP (WEakend +Ongoing 5 Save Ends) (Weak to Light and Fire) bloodied
Daisoujo.-26 (WEakened save ends) + ( Weakend + Ongoing 10 Save ends) (Weak to Dark and Ice)

For if you guys fight Alice and Daisoujo.

Last edited by LoganAura on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 pm

12 damage to the entire party on the first turn (halved for the Weaken)? That's not dangerous at all! We got worried for nothing. Very Happy
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next