Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

+8
Lyntermas
thematthew
Doc pseudopolis
Curunir
Xel Unknown
tygerburningbright
Grey Pen The Flawed
SilentBelle
12 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 am

I forget which code I was, I should retake the test.

Anyway, I've mostly finished the combat stuff for my character, Wandering Eye. Unless my Google Doc instincts are completely wrong (I just started using it tonight), you can view the sheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BskW-Gjerj1pTxcQv1D6-LB2MFjU4VsyRNEHHHoV4j0/edit?usp=sharing

If you like, you can skip the two-page backstory. You may notice that I still have a combat talent left to fill in. I haven't quite decided what it should be, and I'm open to suggestions. Possible choices include various conjuration talents, Implant Parasite, damage-dealing talents like Crescendo, healing talents like Second Sunrise, even swapping out Draw Blood for Critfisher and Venom-Serpent's strike. So many options...

Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  SilentBelle Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 am

Well looks good so far Smile Pretty solid debuff/damaging build. I'll go add the link.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:52 am

Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Yes, the connection did occur to me as well. Laughing

I wasn't 100% happy with the name, but it took me ages to find a name and just as long to draw the cutie mark, so I'm sticking with it. Otherwise I'd rename him to Silver Key, but the reference for that is a tad obscure and I don't get to make as many puns.

On a random note, I must someday utilize a many-eyed machine like that in the vid...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Eh, why not? I'll go ahead and submit LaForge.

Yes, I am terrible at coming up with names.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Only need the combat stats... RPing we're doing freeballing!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Eh, why not? I'll go ahead and submit LaForge.

Yes, I am terrible at coming up with names.

Alright, I added you to the list. Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:18 pm

The Prototype Armour-modifiable Combat Unit or PACU is prepped and ready for combat.
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 pm

NO NEED FOR NON-COMBAT STUFF... *twich*

Sorry, just this campaign is built to be mostly just combat for combat gods... Making a sheet with non-combat stuff just seems pointless to me.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:NO NEED FOR NON-COMBAT STUFF... *twich*

Sorry, just this campaign is built to be mostly just combat for combat gods... Making a sheet with non-combat stuff just seems pointless to me.

This is MY backstory, and I'm gonna WRITE IT!

...Besides, I'm re-purposing this character for another campaign. And I really wanted to write it so I did.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I am, indeed, still interested. I finally got over the peruvian death flu and am ready for action.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Alright. I'm gonna get everything prepped today and we should start tomorrow at the earliest. Make sure you got some good combos... I plan on making this a challenge Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Well, we'll see just how my- I mean, our builds are.

Oh, using Form of the Reaper after dropping to -15 HP due to All or Nothing is a valid move, right?

(Also, I filled in the last remaining combat talent... decided on a summon, though I can't shake the feeling I should have taken, say, Crescendo. Oh well, we'll find out.)
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Well, we'll see just how my- I mean, our builds are.

Oh, using Form of the Reaper after dropping to -15 HP due to All or Nothing is a valid move, right?

(Also, I filled in the last remaining combat talent... decided on a summon, though I can't shake the feeling I should have taken, say, Crescendo. Oh well, we'll find out.)
Sadly not. As soon as you reach -15HP, you become comatose, meaning you no longer participate in battle...

...Well, until you get Never Say Die, at least...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:37 pm

I believe Grey Pen is extremely busy right now, so he'll be dropped into the waiting list and that means Lyntermas will jump up into his spot.
EDIT: Keep in mind that some of the moves have changed via errata. Such as Buccaneer's Blaze. Make sure you're all up-to-date.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:Well, we'll see just how my- I mean, our builds are.

Sadly not. As soon as you reach -15HP, you become comatose, meaning you no longer participate in battle...

...Well, until you get Never Say Die, at least...

Curses. That renders one of my strategies invalid... Form of the Reaper was a reaction simply to when "You would be reduced to 0 hp or less" so I assumed that meant any form of negative short of death.

Eh, I didn't particularly care for that strategy anyway, as it took up another valuable combat talent space. I'll have to do some fixing-up. At least being in the waiting list means I have time...

Also, SilentBelle, the BBCode for my character sheet in the OP is just a tad... off. Just so you're aware.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:53 am

Form of the Reaper will stop you from going below 0 HP when you use it, so you can All or Nothing into it.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 am

Thanks for the update, Silent Belle. I think my character sheet is up to date. I'm not exactly a battle-optimizer, but I hope this will be fun.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 pm

While I'm waiting... I think I'm going to go ahead and remove All or Nothing. I was waiting for SilentBelle's ruling on that, but when I think about, it's really just a convoluted way for me to manually activate Form of the Reaper and a glorified self-destruct device, one that leaves me with only 3 talent slots during a battle. I'll likely replace it with Crescendo (the multiple dice types provide a nice, if slim, chance for a special move) or some healing talent, as the major flaw I see with my build is that if a foe is highly resilient to "save ends" effects, I'll be left with few options but spamming Syphon Life, which won't be very helpful.

EDIT: ended up swapping out All or Nothing for Second Sunrise. Now I just need to worry about PiPs.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Alright, I've got it all in order now. I'll be making the IC thread momentarily. I hope this turns out to be a good challenge. Best of luck!
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm

All I hope for is that my character does better then I fear it will. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

I assume we in the waiting list are, at present, observers?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 pm

And, it's up!

@Dusk: Yep, you are Smile Cheer for your ally's demise Razz Seriously though, I'm not going to be pulling punches with these monsters, I'm aiming for 50% win rate for the sake of science!
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Yay SCIENCE!.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Curunir we both got a three... REROLL TIME: 17
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next