Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes

+5
Quietkal
Ramsus
Caden2112
Grey Pen The Flawed
Curunir
9 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes - Page 7 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes

Post  Quietkal Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Surprised by the arrow, Zane just stands with his mouth agape. After a moment he catches up to Anemone's words, his face turned into a slight grimace.
"He did not say what he knows; you were correct.
I do not like your fallback though; all forms of life I respect."

Zane trots over to the entangled eagle and gives it a brief look-over, checking for any major injuries like a broken wing while he speaks.
"As my group have been Pony's prey, you now belong to the gazelle.
I can not send a hunter's plans into disarray; what nature has set I will not dispel.

I feel that I should apologize, I did not wish for you this situation.
She offers you a compromise, but if she changes I can not take action.

Tell us everything you know of our hunter, and yours just might show mercy.
So unless you wish to begin the eternal slumber; I suggest you tell us how he looks firstly."

If the eagle says anything helpful, Zane will go ahead and translate to the group.
Roll:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 pm

The eagle swivels around on the ground to face Zane, becoming even more entangled and accumulating some leaves from the forest floor into the tangle of rope and feathers.

"Don't eat me! I tell you!

Zane looks over the eagle, who actually appears to be fine- Anenome knows her stuff, this arrow was meant to release the net to catch the eagle, not hurt it. The entanglement resulting from the eagle's frantic motions may have done it some harm- it seems to be in some pain or major discomfort, and the leaves and ropes could be concealing an injury.

But Zane does notice something else, which even as the eagle answers his question confirms suspicions he and others may have had. The eagle's talons, that had definitely been cleaned of the fresh rabbit by both its beak and by rubbing against the rope and leaves, were still red.

"Pony very big. Pony lead other ponies, although he not real chief. Yet. Ponies have red feet. Hunt other ponies, others." The eagle began squirming around again. "I tell you what you want! Now let me go! Need report to Pony. Pony no like delays, no like weakness. Pony must not know I got chitchat distracted and caught!"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Zane nods at the eagle and turns to the group.
"The eagle's description leaves little room for wonder; it sounds most like Crimson Hoof.
I do not wish to aid our hunter, but we should let the eagle live to tell the truth.

He will not bring up our discussion;
It would only bring his own destruction."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 pm

"It would still report our position, which would bring about our demise all the same." Anemone states.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Khan of the Steppes - Page 7 Empty A Hard Decision

Post  Azureink Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Sleipnir had been outside the whole situation from the beginning, scanning his surroundings with a worried brow. But at the description of Crimson Hoof he stepped forward. "Kill it," he said while looking at the eagle with a frown. "This eagle cannot be allowed to return to Crimson Hoof. And all it will do is slow us down and give away our position." Sleipnir stated as he moved closer to the eagle solemnly. It was common during times of conflict in The Steppes to capture or kill scouts. Those that were captured were usually ransomed back to their Tribe. But sometimes hard times were had and a Tribe couldn't keep prisoners.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Having stumbled back a few steps at the initial outbreak of violence, Book Smart had been watching this unfold in a relative daze. Sleipnir's pronouncement, however, managed to snap him out of it.

"What!?" he shouted as he looked nervously between Sleipnir, Zane, and Anemone. Glancing back and forth between them, he continued, saying, "I know it might be dangerous to us, but surely there's another way to solve this than that! Maybe we could keep it, or convince it not to report us, or confuse it somehow. I don't know! But, but..." Book Smart trailed off as he tried to think of a convincing argument. "I'm no stranger to seeing other creatures killed. Dark Water fishes, or at least the Griffons and Hippogriffs do. But, still, this doesn't seem like the same thing!"

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:13 am

Zane nods solemnly at the changeling's worry.
"Your idea is not piddling. Fishing and what we speak of are not the same thing.
However...our options are dwindling. It may be that the axe must swing."

Zane grimaces for a moment before shaking it off and continuing.
"I know not where his loyalties will lie, but he could join our admittedly strange group.
Then he would not have to die, and could turn the tables by giving us the scoop."

Zane speaks in the earth pony's direction as he continues.
"Asking him to remain quiet would be my preference, but you have said that is not possible.
Alas, I am not experienced in deciding a sentence. I trust our guardians to know what is optimal."

The zebra then turns to look at Anemone and Silver, expectantly.
Note:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:34 am

Silver watched for a moment, still thinking, her eyes not focusing on any one thing. "I'd prefer to have him spy for us instead...Knowing what the Crimson Hoof are up to would be a valuable asset if they're coming after us...But Anemone's right...If it reports our position the moment it's out of sight, we're in trouble either way..." She lowed softly in annoyance, tapping her staff against the ground. "Anyone able to make sure he doesn't sell us out? If not, I think doing away with it, dirty business though it may be, is our best option. Either way, we deny the enemy information..." Part of her just wanted to let it go, but she knew that option wouldn't fly...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:38 am

"I know no ways to convert it to our cause. Which is a shame. That would certainly be preferable to taking its life." Anemone says.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm

"I don't know if it would work," Book Smart said with some hesitation, "but I could try to swear it to an oath. I've seen it done before, so I think I know how it works. You'd need to get the bird to agree, though."

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 pm

"We should do what we need to do now. The longer we stand around and the longer this eagle is gone, the sooner Crimson Hoof will come looking for and find us." Sleipnir moved even closer to the eagle. "If you do not have the stomach for this, then close your eyes. You can remain untainted." He begins to raise his front hooves, ready to stomp the eagle into the ground if not stopped.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm

"Wait!" Book Smart called out, rushing in front of Sleipnir. "Zane, please tell this bird that it must agree to work with us, or it will die! I'll bind it by oath. I know I can do it." The changeling-unicorn's horn glowed green as he concentrated, looking at Zane and waiting for the moment to complete the spell.

Magic:

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Zane raises a hoof toward Sleipnir, attempting to signal him to hold off for a moment, before solemnly turning to the eagle.

"I thank you for your giving of information, it was enough to answer our question.
However, our guards must end this predation. We simply cannot let you renew Pony's aggression.

Some of us feel you must die, a feeling I loathe. However, your path need not end in strife.
My associate has offered to bind you to an oath, in an attempt to save your life."

Zane nods toward Book Smart to indicate who he's speaking about.

"The oath says that you will not take action or inaction to hinder or harm any of us.
Nor will you contact Pony or his followers without our want for this expressed.

You would need to complete any of our petitions; especially those of Gazelle and Minotaur, our guards.
You must freely agree to the oath's conditions, but you may continue on freely in other regards.

This oath is not merely words, but has magical binding as aid. Now the terms are set they can not be revised.
I would advise against breaking the oath once it has been made. That is, assuming you do not choose your demise.

Lest your life end, what is your reply?
Do you understand; will you comply?"

Roll:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:27 am

The eagle had been still for a while now, being unable to move after thoroughly entangling itself in its futile efforts to escape. It hadn't seemed to be responding to any of the words or actions of the groups up to now, until Zane turns to address it. It looks up with one of its eyes still visible through the netting, the other covered by a large knot, and wiggles, managing to free its beak enough to chirp back at Zane.

"Bah, what choice you give me? Of course I pick life! I accept bargain! I swear oath! I no try to go back on word or trick Zebra! Eagle honorable creatures. Swore no oaths to Pony. Like Zebra better anyways. Zebra talk better, more interesting. Pony only talk about hunting, killing. Please let me out of here."

The eagle holds up a knot of netting where its talons are, trying to offer one to shake on the deal, and offering them to get untied.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:28 am

Zane smiles, nods, and shakes the offered knot of netting gently before setting about disentangling their new ally.
"Good! I am most pleased you will join us!
Freeing you from these cords is now a must!"

R&N:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Taking Zane's response as assent from the eagle, Book Smart completed the spell in a small flash of green light. He then sat back with a relieved sigh as the zebra untangled the net. "It looks like that took hold, but Sleipnir has a good point. We shouldn't stay here long."

Pinkie Promise:

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 pm

"Agreed. As I said before, there's a place with water we can stop and rest at for a bit. But, we should try to get some more distance. Zane tell the bird to stay low to the ground for now. We should probably give it a name. Is it male or female?" Anemone says.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Spoiler:

"Don't have a name. None give me one, not that I know anyways- Have understood none but Pony and Zebra. Pony signal to me as eagle. I am eagle! But that not a name."

The eagle is taking the order to stay low to the ground quite literally after Zane frees it, and is currently walking around, stretching and flapping its wings a little but not taking off.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

"Ok, if this situation is done with then let's move out." Sleipnir said as he eyed the eagle wearily before trudging off in the direction Anemone indicates.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Spoiler:

Anenome manages to lead the group to the waterfall she heard, which is not too far off of the path, but seems to not be frequently visited by travelers, as the foliage was rather thick and there was no clear trail. The eagle has continued taking its orders quite literally and has been walking along. You lose sight of him a couple times in the brush and leaves, but he always appears a few seconds later.

It's a moderately small cascade, capable of covering an entire pony in water but no more than that. It collects in a small pool, with only a trickle going down the side of the mountain's slope, which at this point is not too severe.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Endurance: 8 + 14 = 22. + 15 if Spider Climb applies which I think it would = 37.

Stealth: 10 + 5 = 15. Ick.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Steele seemed pleasantly surprised that it had worked out with the eagle, but travelling through the foliage was a bit trying for the minitaur, causing her to be a bit clumsier than she was used to...Though, she tried her best not to attract too much attention...

Rollin':

Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Completely preoccupied with trying to figure out a possible name for the eagle, Zane doesn't watch his step too carefully.
Rolls:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 am

Rolls:
Book Smart made his way to the waterfall with the rest of the group, buoyed by relief at the resolution to the situation with the eagle.

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Sleipnir takes the time to conceal the tracks of himself and his allies as they move toward the waterfall.

Utility Talent Activation + Rolls:
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next