Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes

+5
Quietkal
Ramsus
Caden2112
Grey Pen The Flawed
Curunir
9 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Khan of the Steppes - Page 14 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:58 pm

The Spirit turns to the pegasus once more and sends another message. "Do you process any evidence of your allegiance to Udas Khan?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:58 pm

"Evidence? Your asking me for evidence?!" The pegasus shouted, seemingly outraged. "If anyone should ask for evidence, it should be me! Your said our a spirit summoned to guard the group, but could be many other things, but I took your word. If you have the nerve to ask for evidence, then you must provide evidence that you spoke the truth first!"

(Sorry to delay the RP)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 pm

The Spirit does the closest to a smirk that an ancient and mystical spirit commander can do. "Are you saying that because you lack the evidence?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 pm

"Good attempt, but no. I have evidence, I just don't see the need to present if first. Either trust my word, or show your evidence."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 pm

"Then we are at a standoff, young pony of air. But from where I stand, I am doing my duty, and if you do not deliver your message, then you fail yours, and you fail your leader."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Storm Blade just smirked as he began flying forwards once more. "You forget, I can look for those that I seek from the sky, to see whenever or not this is the group I seek. If its nor, or if you attack me. Not much can hit a pegasi like me. Additionally, if you ARE the group I seek, by not allowing me to deliver my message and join you, then you fail your duty in protect them"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:25 am

Sleipnir turns to the spirit, eying wearily the incoming pegasus and not hearing the mental conversation between the two, "So... is he an enemy?"
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:14 am

"He is either an ally, but arrogant or naive to the ways of espionage and does not understand my caution, or he is a spy acting innocent," The Spirit answers, turning to the rest of the group. "Either way, he plans on scouting us out from up high where he can not be harmed. It may be wise for you all to hide while he flies over, and prepare an ambush. But it is your call, young creatures."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Having moved behind one of the yurts, Book Smart found himself rather grateful for the distraction caused by the arriving traveler. "Now, I need to figure out how to do this," he said quietly to himself, as he considered the problem of making a full meal of Royal Jelly for ten or more guests. Letting out a sigh, he shifted back into his natural form in a short burst of green flame.

"Hmm... a little effort and it should work!" Glancing around once more, Book Smart got to work.

Royal Jelly:

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Anemone shrugs and looks to the others.

Well, since you're using it twice, we get two rolls right?
Instant Party rolls: 1, 10.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:36 am

Ibn jumps as Book Smart transforms.  Zheng sighs.  "Honestly, Ibn.  He already said he was a changeling.".

"We're ready to get back on the road- so to speak." Zheng glanced ahead at the seemingly endless steppe, with low hills, short ridges, and the occasional tree.  "Don't know why you're so uneasy about our new 'friend'- even if he was hostile, you outnumber him handily.  I truly don't understand you steppe folk- you can be so trusting and hospitable one moment, and suspicious and aggressive the next."

Ibn snorts.  "Yeah, I wonder why that is."

The camels have packed up their tiny tents, and picked up their bags and trunks.  They start going- but don't let themselves get too far ahead of you.  Red has returned, and is circling, keeping an eye on the pegasus.

Royal Jelly:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 am

"We are heading in the same direction," Sleipnir told the camels. "So we will travel together for now. After all, another band of desperate warriors may descend upon you if we left you alone in The Steppes. Besides, you are strangers to our lands. We may as well see you part of the way through some of the dangers. At least in payment to your hospitality last night."
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:43 am

"Yes, thank you very much.  Although you may say our hospitality is acceptable payment, we have declared that you will be rewarded when we part ways and I intend to keep to that."

----------

Over the next couple of days, you accompany the camels on the way to the Mist Lakes- home of the Mist Tails.  A couple wild eagles can be heard and sometimes seen, screeching and circling in the sky, but Red never responds to them.  The weather has been fair, but you can see clouds ahead over the lowlands ahead, beyond a short ridge.  The steppe flattens out ahead, with trees more common (though still not at all dense), the grass is a little greener, and streams and ponds are frequently in sight.  A particular area of the horizon seems particularly obscured, as though it were a mirage- the ever-present fog of the Mist Lakes.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:35 pm

"So," Sleipnir started, the wind rustling in his mane as they crested the hill overlooking the valley. "How do we go about finding the Mist Tails in this ever present fog?"
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 pm

"I would say I could try clearing it." Storm Blade said, examining the fog curiously. "But I don't think it'll be easy, or the best idea."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 am

Spoiler:

"My people watch our lands- should we but go near, I am quite sure they will appear.  Though not trusting, we are loathe to let others stray- explain our purpose, and they may lead the way."  Zane said, looking out at the mists below.  "Though they may be wary of a group so large- and they may fear, well, that I'm not at all in charge."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 pm

"Very well, lead the way shaman." As the spirit says this, he looks around the best he could...

(Perception Check: 5 (Roll) + 15 (Bonus) + 1 (Instant-Party?) = 21)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:05 pm

"Seems like its the best option." Storm commented, not completely comfortable with the idea.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:10 am

As you approach the mist, you find it hard to pinpoint the moment that your surroundings became enveloped in obscuring greyness- one moment, it appeared that the fog bank was still ahead, and the next it was as if you were deep in the thick of it.  You are generally aware of your immediate surroundings, and are able to keep track of each other- but beyond the edge of the group nothing is visible.

The Spirit manages to alert you and rechart your course when you almost stumble straight into the occasional pond or stone formation, and a while into your journey senses that you are not alone (although he can not percieve those who are following you).  Zane looks as though he was expecting this- and motions for you to be silent and not make any alarming moves.  After a short while, probably observing your group, an echoing voice whose source would be difficult to pinpoint states

"We see you journey with one of our own. State your intentions. We may be willing to guide you."

There is a pause, before the voice continues mysteriously (and seemingly from another direction)

"Warmongers are not welcome - and should seek another route"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Sleipnir peered through the mist as he spoke. "We are here in peace on behalf of Udus Khan. We bring a message of friendship and alliance to your leaders. May we be granted safe passage?" he asked. It was common custom to ask permission to cross through territory belonging to another clan. It was also common to either hear a message either in an encampment under a leader of the tribe. Or, in the case of weary clans, in a place reserved to for messengers and travelers, usually well away from the tribe's settlement.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 pm

It takes a moment for the unseen voice to respond- possibly conferring with others?  

"Very well, safe passage you shall have, as well as an audience with the Khan- though our clan prefers to stay out of others' affairs, it is not my place to decide such things.  Let Zane walk ahead of you a bit, so we can confirm with him your good intentions."

After a moment the voice- or surely a different one?  speaks behind you a ways.

"Can you vouch for the foreigners?  We will of course lead them through, but are wary of letting them into our encampment- they do not operate under the same rules we do."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Sleipnir glanced over at the two camels, then back into the fog. "Yes I will. They have been respectful to our ways, and we have shared company together in peace."
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:54 pm

"They better, otherwise it'll be on our heads." Storm Blade muttered to himself under his breath.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Zane goes ahead of the group, talking to the mists, before motioning for the rest of you to follow.  You still don't see your guides, but Zane is apparently following them where they are trying to lead you.  Before you realize it, you are in the middle of a decent patch of dry ground, with a barely smoldering fire (practically invisible, giving off a thick warm smoke that quickly blends with the mists.)  Upon closer inspection small mottled grey felt dwellings are visible, often lower to the ground than usual or nestled under a particularly rooty tree.  

A figure appears in the mists- close enough to see a vague silhouette, but no definite features.

"That's close enough- excuse the caution, but I don't often personally meet with outsiders.  I do not usually need to attend to affairs outside of my clan, as we prefer to stick to ourselves, even before the tensions with the Redhoof clan. But I hear you wish to speak to me- for I am Cloud Khan.  Tell me of this alliance you seek- and of what benefit it could possibly be to my people."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14