Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

+3
Pingcode
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
7 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) Empty Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:26 pm

As the sun begins to set, this would normally be the time ponies would begin to wind down and settle for the night, but for those of Saint-Trotez, they are just ready to get going. The shopkeepers prepare their wares, the cleaners of the many bars, clubs, and pubs around the city do their final checks, and the few guards that stay awake in the day and getting ready to swap their duties to those that watch the night. A ship from Manehatten has finally arrived within the port of Saint-Trotez, holding some tourists, a few crates of produce, and two guards from Equestia's Military. The sun sits lazily to the west, and while the streets are not yet illuminated with the city's many lights, they are enveloped by the orange glow...

The pier is busy at the moment, with most boats arriving around this time. Including the ship from Manehatten, four ships have landed into the pier within the last half hour. The boardwalk is full of passengers and crew members heading towards the main street, while pier workers check on all the ships, and the occasional guard patrols looking out for trouble. For anyone on Main Street currently, which is where all the exciting things are, most of the buildings are currently closed, except for the occasional bar and store, as well as the Performance House, The Right Note, which is starting to let people in to see the first attraction of the day, a free performance from Mental Magic, also known as the Magnificent Masked Magician. The street itself is mostly empty, save for the occasional pony setting up a stand to sell things from, or somepony who is out for a evening jog...

So, what are you up to?

Last edited by Paper Shadow on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Sparks rather deliberately disembarks the ship as he reaches the pier he pauses to think for a moment. Finally off those sickening seas... Wasn't I supposed to meet with one of the guards here for a guide or something? Sparks then walks off into the crowd intent on finding a local guard but he stops dead in his tracks now muttering under his breath. “Horseapples nopony decided to tell me what they all looked like. Now what woul- no not supposed to think about them supposed to be taking it easy. Just have to find a bunch of ponies with the same outfit and they will either be guards or gangsters or worse lawyers.”
Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Moonshot hops from hoof to hoof in anxiety, looking between the ships and glancing furtively at the clock. Where were those transfer guards? Their ship should have arrived hours ago now! The big show was going to happen any minute now!

Finally... there! That was the ship! He gallops over, his little chevaudarme cap staying on mostly by force of will and to a lesser extent chinstrap. He skids to a halt nearby, sliding right past a unicorn with daggers on his flanks, and puts hoof to mouth.

"Allo? M'sieur Sparks? M'sieur Storm Blade?" he calls, levitating a sign out from behind him and holding it up, hoping like hay the new guards were showing up in uniform.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Aces High rolled over in his bed, sleep not coming easily. As he did so, he turned his eye to face the window of his room on the ship where it just so happened the sunset was currently splashing its last few rays over what seemed to be mostly his cornea. The earth pony grumbled lightly before wearily blinking the offended organ open, sleep for the day interrupted. "Though' I closed tha' earlier today," he mumbled of the blinds. "Ah well. Time to ge' up anyway."

And so he did, mechanical hoof clanking down on the floor with a slight jolt of pain Aces was entirely too used to. Walking over to the window to close the blinds (mostly out of spite at this juncture), the gambler allowed himself a moment's distraction by the sight of the setting sun over the speckled lights and darks and yet-to-bes of the city. Like fireflies out too early. "Well, tha' trip was certainly a bus'," he shouted to himself from left field (though due to the distance involved it came out more a mumble), finally closing the blinds and sending his room into sweet, blessed darkness.

Not that he'd be staying for long; in fact, he was headed to the ramp off the ship now.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Sparks stops and turns around as the Prench Pony calls out his name. Wondering if that odd hat was what the local guard used as a uniform taps the other pony on the shoulder from behind. “Yea that’s me Sparks what's it to ya?”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

"Ah! Bonsoir!" Moonshot turns with a start. "Pardon, M'sieur Sparks, I did not expect a pony with a mark like yours."

"Pleased to meet you, M'sieur Sparks. My name is Moonshot, Capitain Golden Wall sent me to pick you up and show you around our little town tonight. I hope you had a good nap on the way here, because in Saint-Trotez we all live the nightlife. By the way, where is your colleague, M'sieur Storm Blade?"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Sparks lets out a sigh “Everypony is always expecting a bit of fire or a match or something like that. Don't worry it doesn't bother me by now. Everything around here happens at night huh... oh well not my first all-nighter. Er I'm drawing a blank 'bout Storm Blade don't even know his Cutie Mark...”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Walking down the ramp from the Manehatten ship, Necrar sniffs the air. The shadows were growing and he felt energized. Now, where can a fake pony find a place to stay? He thought to himself. Walking over the docks and onto the streets, Necrar tries to find a hotel.
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:06 am

Having done prior research into the location he was being transferred to... or volouterned to go to. Storm Blade had known that the city had a very active night-life. So during the trip there, did his best to get used to going to sleep late, but still rising early enough to catch breakfast. It was a little tiring... but he survived. He was snoozing in his room as the boat arrived at the dock, so he was one of the later ones to disembark. Through being a pegasus he could simply fly from the ship to land.

Spotting a sign with his name on it, the blue armoured pegasus wandered over to the two ponies. Catching the end of the conversation, it seemed like they where talking about him...

"You wouldn't know my cutie mark because I don't have a cutie mark. Sparks and Moonshot, correct?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 am

Colter Bolt wrote:Walking down the ramp from the Manehatten ship, Necrar sniffs the air. The shadows were growing and he felt energized. Now, where can a fake pony find a place to stay? He thought to himself. Walking over the docks and onto the streets, Necrar tries to find a hotel.
Spoiler:
You don't really know the city well enough to know where to find a hotel. You've heard around that the city is broken up into districts, and you assume that most, if not all, the hotels are in one of these districts, but you don't know which one they are in...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 am

"Ah! M'sieur Storm Blade! Glad you came across in one piece! Yes, I am Moonshot, and this is M'sieur Sparks. And I have good news for you both! You have arrived at a most magnificent time! For tonight," Moonshot waves a hoof grandiosely across the city, discreetly tossing the sign into a nearby bin while his guests were distracted, "is a special night! M'sieur Mental Magic, the Magnificent Masked Magician, is performing a special show, tonight only!"

He leads the new transfer guards towards the theatre, talking excitedly the whole way.

"You see M'sieur Mental Magic is a great magician, but he is not unicorn like you or me, M'sieur Sparks," he gestures with a hoof to Sparks' horn and his own, "or even pegasus like you, M'sieur Storm Blade. Actually, he is an earth pony! And still he is the greatest magician the world has seen! Normally, he performs only for the rich and famous, but tonight only he has arranged for a special performance, open to everypony down to humble cheveaudarmes like ourselves."

"Ah, everywhere is closed tonight, everypony is so excited! Are you thirsty? La Verre Verte* was still open when I came down here, the bartender makes many fine Pastis cocktails - and if you do not drink the diabolo menthe is magnificent! Anypony who says a diabolo menthe is for foals has not tried a VV diabolo menthe. I don't know how she does it but it is always, always tres magnifique!" the unicorn places a hoof in front of his lips and gestures grandiosely and a little stereotypically, "If we are lucky she will let us take the glasses with us and return them after the show - I stop there once every two, three days when I'm on a tower shift, buy a nice tall glass, and enjoy it through the night."

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 am

(Wow... your certianlly enthusiastic about the accent...)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 am

Blasted Light-Bearer, the least she could do was give me a map... Necrar cursed his employer. Rather than ask for directions, he ducks into a small alley to change his appearance to a pegasus.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Spotting a sign with his name on it, the blue armoured pegasus wandered over to the two ponies. Catching the end of the conversation, it seemed like they where talking about him...

"You wouldn't know my cutie mark because I don't have a cutie mark. Sparks and Moonshot, correct?"

"You don't have a Cutie mark!?" Sparks nearly shouts just catching himself at the last moment. Thats a red flag... No I'm just being paranoid after no he does not deserve my thoughts. "Wait how do you know oh you hogged the file thingy with the orders and names all to your self didn't you?"

Pingcode wrote: "You see M'sieur Mental Magic is a great magician, but he is not unicorn like you or me, M'sieur Sparks," he gestures with a hoof to Sparks' horn and his own, "or even pegasus like you, M'sieur Storm Blade. Actually, he is an earth pony! And still he is the greatest magician the world has seen! Normally, he performs only for the rich and famous, but tonight only he has arranged for a special performance, open to everypony down to humble cheveaudarmes like ourselves."

"This I gota see for myself. There is no way some Earth Pony is better in magic than Captain Shining." Sparks scrunches up his face for a moment. "Unless you are just talking about stage performers."
Pingcode wrote:
"Ah, everywhere is closed tonight, everypony is so excited! Are you thirsty? La Verre Verte* was still open when I came down here, the bartender makes many fine Pastis cocktails - and if you do not drink the diabolo menthe is magnificent! Anypony who says a diabolo menthe is for foals has not tried a VV diabolo menthe. I don't know how she does it but it is always, always tres magnifique!" the unicorn places a hoof in front of his lips and gestures grandiosely and a little stereotypically, "If we are lucky she will let us take the glasses with us and return them after the show - I stop there once every two, three days when I'm on a tower shift, buy a nice tall glass, and enjoy it through the night."

Your captain lets you drink on the job? I'm not sure if that is awesome or terrible.” Sparks then pauses for a moment. “Am I the only one hearing one of those er... ah double entendre things in there but it could just be the accent. Anyway lead the way. ”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Through it wasn't actually said, Spark's facial and body language gave away his thoughts to Storm Blade's comment. Something that simply made the pegasus sigh. When he remarked about Storm Blade hogging the files, he shook his head, saying. "No, I simply needed to read over the files once or twice. I've got a very good memory."

He followed Moonshot and Sparks as they made their way through the town, not commenting on the discussions of drinks... or the 'double entrade'. Instead, he spoke up about the magic. "Actually Sparks, Captain Shining Armour's sister, Twilight Sparkle, is a far superior magician than him."

(... Does your character think that my character is a changeling. Sorely because he has no cutie mark?)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm

"You don't have a Cutie mark!?" Sparks nearly shouts just catching himself at the last moment. Thats a red flag... No I'm just being paranoid after no he does not deserve my thoughts. "Wait how do you know oh you hogged the file thingy with the orders and names all to your self didn't you?"

Moonshot looks briefly surprised. He'd just assumed Equestrians were strange like that - first a guard called 'Sparks' with daggers for a cutie mark, and a guard called Storm Blade who had no mark at all. Nevertheless he steps in quickly to try and defuse the situation. "M'sieur Sparks, I'm sure it was just the two of you missing each other on the ship! After all, if he was hiding files from you, you would already know who he was, no?"

Your captain lets you drink on the job? I'm not sure if that is awesome or terrible.” Sparks then pauses for a moment. “Am I the only one hearing one of those er... ah double entendre things in there but it could just be the accent. Anyway lead the way. ”

"You are right! When M'lle Green Glass says 'Who wants a Diabolo Menthe?', everypony says 'Yes! Yes!'. So we call it the VV Diabolo Menthe," Moonshot laughs, before settling into a more explanatory tone "but there is no drinking for us tower chevaudarmes, we need to keep our eyes sharp and our magic precise. A diabolo menthe has no alcohol, it is just sweet and peppermint."

"Nopony knows what kind of magic M'sieur Mental Magic does for sure. He never performs for anypony but the creme de la creme, which is why everypony is so excited to find out!"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Not that he'd be staying for long; in fact, he was headed to the ramp off the ship now.
From the ramp, you can see that the pier is pretty busy, with many ponies leaving the ships that have docked recently, some of which are reuniting with friends or family, some heading to their destinations as soon as they can, and others just standing about having a chat. Is there any thing you wish to do before leaving the boat?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Not that he'd be staying for long; in fact, he was headed to the ramp off the ship now.
From the ramp, you can see that the pier is pretty busy, with many ponies leaving the ships that have docked recently, some of which are reuniting with friends or family, some heading to their destinations as soon as they can, and others just standing about having a chat. Is there any thing you wish to do before leaving the boat?

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:35 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

Spoiler:
Fair enough. You walk down the ramp. As you do, you (and all the other ponies on the pier) spot two noisy pegasi flying over the crowd, one trying to keep up with the other as they call out to each other...

"C'mon ya slowpoke, we're gonna miss the show if ya don't hurry up!"

"What show? You haven't told me anything! Hey, wait up!"

They seem to be heading to the north...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Curses upon all beings of Light! Necrar angrily brooded, forgetting that the Light-Bearer had taken many of his previous powers. Walking out of the alley, Necrar stopped the nearest pony. "Excuse me, could you direct me to a hotel?" He asked, as politely as he could.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

"A show, eh?" Aces murmured to himself. A tap against the grindstone with his prosthetic later and he smiled. "Why no'? Could use some cheerin' up after all the excitemen' I been havin'."

Still, the city was a big, dark, scary place at night, and its residents knew how to watch their backs. This included Aces, of course, and he would assume would include at least one of the ponies headed off into the night as well. This wasn't a problem. The problem was that Aces needed to follow them because that was the only way he knew how to get to the show, and he didn't want to look like some unscrupulous sort following them for their money or some other reason.

...he could potentially follow them while attempting to hide from their sight. Sure, he'd look even worse if they did end up spotting him, but he could avoid the awkwardness altogether if they didn't. It was quite possibly a foolish gamble...

"Heh," Aces High smiled, following after them in secret.

...but that was what this pony did best.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:Curses upon all beings of Light! Necrar angrily brooded, forgetting that the Light-Bearer had taken many of his previous powers. Walking out of the alley, Necrar stopped the nearest pony. "Excuse me, could you direct me to a hotel?" He asked, as politely as he could.
The pony you stopped seems to be a dock worker, with a brown coat, white mane, and quite a bit of stubble. "Su'e thin' mate," he replies with a friendly smile, pointing to the directions as he mentions them. "If ya he'd east f'om 'ere, you'll reach th' touris' district, which got all th' hotels 'n' some other serv'ces, right? But, if ya wan' my advice, ya wanna go ta Main Stree', which is to th' north, 'n' look for a bed 'n' brea'fast, 'cus th' thie'es like ta do their work in th' touris' district. Th' hotels are be'er than th' beds 'n' brea'fasts, yea', but ya don't wanna take th' chances, ya know what I'm sayin'?"

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Heh," Aces High smiled, following after them in secret.

...but that was what this pony did best.

Spoiler:
They seem to be more focused with each other, so you follow them easily...

(Also, I'm not going to accept the FK in Gambling bonus, as then you can argue that anything you do is a gamble, since you don't know for sure what is going to happen, and have a permanent +5 bonus. If it's okay with you, I'd let you use the bonus in checks that involves any sort of games you play at a casino and any variation of them...)

For those of you now in Main Street, you see that, even for a place called Main Street, it's a pretty wide street, with lots of room in between the buildings to the side. It's also somewhat empty, apart from the small crowd of ponies entering the building with a giant, golden song note on top of it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 pm

"North, you say? Thank you for the directions, and the advice. I have had a bad history with thieves." Necrar bows his head, thanking the dock worker and heads off to main street.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:"North, you say? Thank you for the directions, and the advice. I have had a bad history with thieves." Necrar bows his head, thanking the dock worker and heads off to main street.
You easily find your way to Main Street. It seems quite a few ponies are heading from the pier to Main Street, the street starts to become more filled, but it's so big that it still feels very empty...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:08 pm

It was impossible to miss the main street once you were in it - though today it was uncharacteristically still. "Behold! The Golden Note!"

"It looks like the show is about to start. Shall we enter, M'sieurs?"

Moonshot leads the visiting guards in, after a quick stop to buy drinks for the show (and stowing them wherever the equine citizens of a clothing optional society manage to stow things).
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next