Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

+3
Pingcode
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
7 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Moonshot, on an impulse and a sudden burst of curiosity, decides to act rashly while the volunteers are gathered. His horn glows briefly when Mental Magic turns away, but nothing... obvious seems to happen.

Though admittedly it seems a little harder than it should to fit in all the ponies into the safe.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Pingcode wrote:
Spoiler:
(The safe is pretty packed, I'm going to need you to roll a Athletics or Acrobatics check to see if you can squeeze in...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Pingcode wrote:
Spoiler:

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 3 46ulpt4
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Pingcode wrote:
Pingcode wrote:
Spoiler:

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 3 46ulpt4
(I swear that wasn't there when I looked at your post. Am I blind, or are you a wizard?)

You manage to squeeze into the safe while Mental Magic is distracted with getting other ponies to fit your ridiculously high request. A number of ponies in the audience notice to create the fake image, and they share a small laugh with themselves, but Mental Magic doesn't notice. You climb on top of some of the adult earth ponies, so it doesn't seem weird that there is an empty gap in the middle of the safe, and that the ponies you are on think that they are feeling the pegasus ponies above, but are trying to be civil about it so they don't complain. As Mental Magic closes the safe, you spot that he closes a glass door on the inside of the safe at the same time...

Everyone else, you can see that Mental Magic is struggling to do, well, whatever he is doing. He's been forcing all of his strength for the last thirty seconds or so, and some ponies in the audience are starting to doubt he is doing anything. Is there anything you wish to do?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Moonshot is far too excited to notice anything meaningful in the dark safe, or try to act just yet.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Suddenly, without warning, Mental Magic slams the side of the safe with a hoof, which the audience gasps to...

Moonshot, you feel a large burst of magic rush through your entire body. Suddenly, you can not see yourself or anyone else in the safe, and you don't hear any sound originating from the safe, while before you heard wings flapping and the occasion shuffle (you still hear sounds coming outside of the safe, such as the gasping). Funnily enough, you still feel all the other ponies in the safe, but you can not see nor hear them...

For everyone in the audience, you see Mental Magic's face flair up with an expression of success. He rushes to the door and quickly unlocks it, swinging the door open, taking a quick glance inside, and finally turning to the audience, a large smile on his face, and takes a bow. You see that the inside of the safe is completely empty. The thirty ponies that you saw enter the safe have all vanished. The audience are amazed, and the applause shows that...

Moonshot, from inside the safe, when you see the door open, you see Mental Magic quickly look into the safe, with an excited expression, which turns to a grin as he turns to face the audience, who you can't really see well since they are in the dark, but you can hear the enthusiastic clapping...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Arcantos's eyes narrowed as he focused. He was no unicorn mage, but for some reason he had an affinity with magic that most pegasi lacked. He didn't know why exactly, but it helped him in many cases. This was one that he was trying to apply it too, wanting to know what magic was cast, if magic was cast, on top of using his good old eyes to try and see the truth.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Grudgingly, Necrar applauds. Making 30 ponies disappear is amazing, but is it magic?
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Spoiler:
You detect magic, but it's most likely unicorns in the audience using telekinesis to hold their food and drinks...

As for what you can see, you see a lot. The light that enters the safe seems to, at times, reflect oddly. At times, for just a split second, you can make out full figures of ponies inside the safe. In addition, you see that the safe looks like it has a second door on it, which is made of glass and locked with a similar mechanism you see in regular safes, and the door itself looks sturdy, most likely made out of non-shatter glass. Also, rarely, very rarely, Mental Magic himself looks out-of-place somehow...

Oh, and you easily see through Moonshot's fake...

Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
You detect an incredibly large concentration of optical and audial illusions coming from the safe. In addition, you sense that the safe itself seems to be enchanted with some sort of magic, but you can not identify what type of spell it has been enchanted with. You also sense a few members of the audience also trying to sense magic themselves, although it feels that none of them are as successful as you were...

Oh, and you easily detect that the unicorn on stage who thought it was a good idea to tell Mental Magic to stuff thirty ponies into a safe made his own illusion, although you have no idea where the real one is...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Moonshot is surprised, doubly-invisible as he is. He directs his illusionary double to respond with shock. "Incroyable!" it exclaims.

But at the same time... there was something wrong here. His own eyes invisibly narrow - this was no great magician. He was a cheat! A fraud! This was magic! Somepony else was using magic! He was sorely tempted to summon up his own, and break this farce apart, but no - no catastrophes. He didn't fancy using the toothbrush.

He presses a hoof against the glass door, trying to see if it opened. If he'd used magic like he just thought he did... well, it was time to find out.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Pingcode wrote:Moonshot is surprised, doubly-invisible as he is. He directs his illusionary double to respond with shock. "Incroyable!" it exclaims.

But at the same time... there was something wrong here. His own eyes invisibly narrow - this was no great magician. He was a cheat! A fraud! This was magic! Somepony else was using magic! He was sorely tempted to summon up his own, and break this farce apart, but no - no catastrophes. He didn't fancy using the toothbrush.

He presses a hoof against the glass door, trying to see if it opened. If he'd used magic like he just thought he did... well, it was time to find out.
You make your way over the other invisible ponies (somehow) and press your hoof to the glass door. It doesn't even budge...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 pm

(Uh.... I thought the fact that he used magic was what made him so amazing?)

Storm Blade pushed his lips together at this. So, the ponies where still in the safe, just appeared not to be. That was a pretty simply trick, nice for an earth pony to pull of, but possible without the need of any actual magic. What caught his interest the most through was Mental Magic himself, and how he looked off at time. Paying attention directly to Mental Magic, Storm Blade was determined to find more details.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Spoiler:
You can't exactly put your hoof on what's up. He just doesn't look right at times. Maybe his hair moves ever so slightly on its own? Maybe the shadows on his body seem to randomly move ever so slightly? You don't know what it is, but you know for sure something is up...

His mask looks like a perfectly normal mask...

As the audience claps at the display, Mental Magic, in his excitement, addresses the audience. "Remember when I looked worried about fitting all those ponies in? I wasn't!" He rushes to the envelope, taking it off the safe and ripping it open. "I knew exactly what was going to happen!" He pulls out a white piece of card with the number 30 written in large, bold numbers, with a smaller 10/10/10 written below it. Needless to say, when the audience realise what it means, they go wild...

Mental Mask drops this and then takes a second piece of card out of the envelope. "I'm not even done yet! I've got a letter I wish to read as well!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:03 pm

((He's offended because he thinks that Mental Magic doesn't do his own tricks - he thinks he's got a unicorn in the wings, because Mental Magic himself didn't seem to think it'd work.))

Indefensible! He doesn't even know his own routine! He's running to somepony else's routine! He takes a deep breath. The illusion may have been broken, but- no, no he wasn't incensed enough to compromise the show. And certainly not to ruin his guests' first dusk.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 pm

(Huh... odd)

"Okay, that's just... off." Storm Blade muttered to himself quitely. "Something's wrong with this pony... I know there are tricks like what he pulled with the card... I've seen it myself. But why does he look so... off?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Pingcode wrote:
Spoiler:
If you didn't have your hooves on the glass door, you wouldn't even notice it was there...

"Now, this letter is addressed to somepony named Sunstrike," the magician continued, somewhat calming down. "I've heard he's a prosecutor in this city. Are you in the audience Sunstrike?" For those of you who look, you can see a hoof at the back of the seats slowly raise up. "Ah, good. Then I'll read this for you."

"Dear Sunstrike,
I hope you are having a good evening..."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 pm

This was starting to sound bad. Bad enough that ruining the show might be the smallest catastrophe tonight. Moonshot starts to focus, hoping that he wouldn't need to step out from the safe and arrest Mental Magic.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:(Huh... odd)

"Okay, that's just... off." Storm Blade muttered to himself quitely. "Something's wrong with this pony... I know there are tricks like what he pulled with the card... I've seen it myself. But why does he look so... off?"

"He could just be a unicorn with a illusion spell or-" Sparks shuts up as the performer speaks up.

Paper Shadow wrote:

"Now, this letter is addressed to somepony named Sunstrike," the magician continued, somewhat calming down. "I've heard he's a prosecutor in this city. Are you in the audience Sunstrike?" For those of you who look, you can see a hoof at the back of the seats slowly raise up. "Ah, good. Then I'll read this for you."

"Dear Sunstrike,
I hope you are having a good evening..."

"This can't be good..." Sparks turns to look at Sunstrike intent on seeing if anything was going to happen to him.
Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 pm

"...because if do not admit to your crimes by sunrise, then these ponies will never be seen again!"

On that note, Mental Magic does a small bow, and smoke starts to cloud the stage again...

(Preparation Time for Breaking Shot Remaining: 15 Seconds)

tygerburningbright wrote:
Spoiler:
You see Sunstrike starts to leg it out of the performance house...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 pm

"Sort out Mental Magic and Moonshot, I'll get Sunstrike!" Storm Blade snapped, not waiting for Sparks to respond before launching himself into the air, twisting to face towards the back. Having known where Sunstrike was due to the raised hoof. He saw the pony trying to run, and quickly shot after him on his wings.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Moonshot gasps a little, but he wasn't surprised. Not now. The cheveaudarmerie would stop them both. He saw his fellow guards leaping into action, and thinks fast.

He summons up the image of one of the other volunteers.

"What's going on? I demand to know what's going on! I'm not disappearing forever because of some prosecutor!" the mare complains, loudly.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"Sort out Mental Magic and Moonshot, I'll get Sunstrike!" Storm Blade snapped, not waiting for Sparks to respond before launching himself into the air, twisting to face towards the back. Having known where Sunstrike was due to the raised hoof. He saw the pony trying to run, and quickly shot after him on his wings.

Spoiler:

"Who the hell put you in charge!" Sparks shouts but never the less he agrees with his part of the plan. Pushing off of his seat he leaps toward the stage. Upon reaching the stage he does his best to clear the smoke with his magic trying to find either Mental or the safe.

Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Hmm.... I could like this Mental Magic. Necrar smiles, but it quickly turns to a grimace as he puts a hoof to his forehead. No, I need to save them! There were children in that safe! He flies to the stage, not caring if ponies notice him. Is this what having a conscience is like?!
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm

"Ah, the grandstadin' type with the grudge and the magic powers," Aces High thought to himself, calm as you like. "Welcome to Saint Trotez, fillies and gentlecolts."

Amongst what was beginning to become panic and confusion, not helped by the sudden reappearance of one of the hostages, the gambler stood up, looking about the room for any...abnormalities besides.

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 am

Spoiler:
Your jump and spin saves you some time (and is also cool to watch), but you are still around the front half of the performance house, while Sunstrike was way at the back. When you leave The Right Note in pursuit, you don't know which way he has headed. The Main Street is now lively, as the sun had finished setting during the show. It was pretty crowded, and small lights which hung on ropes that weaved throughout the street illuminate it in a beautiful glow...

(You may roll Perception to try to spot Sunstrike and which way he is going...)

Pingcode wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, with your illusion, you managed to confuse a lot of people. Most ponies in the audience just assumed that the volunteers just vanished. Are they still around? Are they hidden under the stage? Now no one was sure...

tygerburningbright wrote:
Spoiler:
Your impressive leaps lands you right in the middle of the stage, and with Ponykinesis, you manage to clear the smoke in a small area around you, but it isn't much. You spot the safe, rush to it, but then as you touch it, something happens...

In a blink of an eye, Sparks and Moonshot, you find yourselves are no longer in the midst of the smoke-filled stage, but rather in a large, empty room, with no lights other than that which comes in from the windows to both sides. There are also large metal doors at both ends of the room. The safe is also there (and Moonshot, you are still inside the safe, and you can still feel all the other ponies, even if you can't see or hear them)...

Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
(It takes five minutes for the transformation between your normal form and your alter-ego. Unless you were already in the skeleton form, which I doubt since you would end up scaring anyone who sat near you. Your roll is still good enough to get to the stage in your alter-ego form though...)

You do make your way to the stage, but the smoke covers your view, and you can't seem to find anything...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:
A lot of the audience members seem to be in disarray. They aren't sure if this is part of the act, and the appearance of the volunteer has sown more confusion between them. Even the security is confused. You also spot a blue pegasus fly to the exit of the performance house, a unicorn lunge onto the stage, as well as another unicorn make his way down to the stage...

The smoke begins to vanish once more, but now, Mental Magic, the safe, and the unicorn who leaped onto the stage have all vanished, leaving only the first volunteer, the volunteer who escaped (both of which have stopped moving and stopped making sound for some reason), and the second unicorn who made his way onto the stage. Aces High and Necrar, you spot the light reflecting weirdly, at times briefly making the shape of a pony running, exiting stage left...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next