Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, the Campaign.

+4
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
Caden2112
Xel Unknown
8 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, the Campaign. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, the Campaign.

Post  Pingcode Thu May 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Tilt gives Icing a level look. "That's enough, Icing. They weren't our enemies, and this pony here isn't our enemy." she says, frostily. She turns back to Soul, frowning.

"Don't answer the question. If you give an answer he doesn't like he's going to tell Melody over there to mind wipe you and dump you in the street." she gestures to the incoming unicorn, "Or worse. Suffice to say we're supposed to be rescuing ponies that get trapped in the TV world, by helping them confront their darker selves. Through that door is the office of Arcana, our boss in this matter. If you like, we can go talk to him, though I warn you now he condones such methods too."

"With that out of the way, your name sounds familiar, now that I think of it. Are you related to the poet of the same name?"

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Zeela glares at Tilt for that comment about Melody... "Last night, many things happened... Not everyone was happy by what was done. And I like to believe she'd not wish to do that thing again."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu May 16, 2013 11:48 pm

"Sorry I'm late, I was trying to puzzle something out about those shows, and-..." Melody stopped, panting a bit, she'd galloped the whole way, though as she heard Tilt's opinion of her, she wondered if maybe she'd have been better off staying home...She shrank down a little, trying to avoid attracting any more attention, suddenly seeming to find the ground extremely fascinating...That was...What the others were going to think of her now, huh...?

Stealth to remain inconspicuous::
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

"I wish I could share your faith." replies Tilt. One ear conspicuously remains firmly angled towards Melody, and while not staring at the other unicorn, she doesn't seem to allow her to stand in one of her blind spots.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 am

Perception to notice Melody:

Zeela at seeing the mare that cared for, walks over and nuzzles her to show that at least somebody of this party still cares and likes her.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri May 17, 2013 12:56 am

Soul remains silent after Tilt's outburst, letting the others work it out. "It's alright. I've heard of worse things happening to ponies," she says with a rather blank expression. "There are things worse than murder. But thank you for the warning." She glances at Melody, but looks away without lingering.

A little bounce returns to her demeanor, but she finally return's Tilt's answer. "Ah, I can't think of anypony with my name. Pretty sure if there were another Soul Spinner trotting about writing poems I'd know about her."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri May 17, 2013 2:59 am

"Well, you seem sincere enough Soul, just be careful. As you can no doubt tell, this is a troubled time." Icing notes offhoof, but turns to his aggressor, Full Tilt.

"And I am not some vicious animal, Full." His emphasis on Full pushed into the Foal pronunciation.

"I am not some wolverine in a corner, lashing out in fear because it feels its last breaths creeping upon it. That is the shadow of somepony else, not mine. I fulfill the needs of the many, the survival of the whole, not the comfort of my own conscience. But if you do not appreciate my caution, I will be busy preparing for an apocalypse that you do not wish to stop on my own time." His voice grows caustic, but his blank expression doesn't change.

He walks back to the ribbon on the ground, and picks it up with his teeth, and throws it at Zeela. Being ribbon, it catches the air and flutters between them, Sinestra looking sideways at it. "Safety first, even while in-fighting. If I am one of those shadows, however unlikely, this is enchanted to be summonable to me courtesy of Sinestra. You will know the instant it comes for me."

He storms past Melody, cultured neutral face never breaking its mask. "Melody." He head-nods in greeting and parting as he pushes past, leaving the Velvet Room.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Fri May 17, 2013 4:23 am

Tilt listens in silence, letting Icing have his own outburst and leave before speaking again. "Say what you will, but he didn't deny it." she comments, dryly, before launching into a spiel of her own. "It's not about good and evil. Arcana and Kuro may fight, and whoever wins will affect us here, but all us little ponies, we're all on the same side. It doesn't matter whose side we back, because at the end of the day everypony is in it together, for better or for worse. We can't lose sight of that - we're in this to help ponies, both to save their lives and to help them come to terms with themselves. We're not here for Arcana, or Kuro, even if we might need their help to be able to act."

She turns to Melody, softening her expression. She couldn't ostracise her for her error like this, and, well, if there was still hope... "I told Alice everything. And I'm confident that what we did last night - it was wrong. It wasn't only sickening, it just wasn't the right choice. I told her, and she understood, clear as Celestia's sun. But what she thought, how she felt, what she learned last night - it's gone now. I couldn't give that back. And she's going to be that much further away when she needs to face her shadow. I don't know if you can return them, but if you can, please do. I'd call it a favour."

Then she turns away from Melody, making a point of angling her ear away from focussing on the other unicorn - if nothing else as a show of good faith. She returns her attention to Soul.

"We've got a good lock on the doors, if you'd like a place to stay tonight. I'll show you my books - they're in Canternese, but the translators did well, in my opinion. We should still talk to Arcana, but I'd rest easier if I knew you were sleeping someplace safe."
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri May 17, 2013 10:30 pm

"That would be very nice, Ho-errr, Tilt. I hope I won't be a burden for too long."

Last edited by conantheghost on Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri May 17, 2013 11:43 pm

"I...I made a mistake, I didn't think...Not an excuse, but..." She fell quiet, staring at the ground, thinking if how . "And...If I -could- return her memories, I would, but I don't eat them or anything like that, but...They're just...gone..." Melody scuffed a hoof on the ground, murmuring for a moment. "I'm...I'm sorry for what I did...For thinking she was anything other than a filly..." She didn't know or care if Tilt heard her at this point, looking back up and nodding to the new person. "I'm..Not...As bad as she says...I think."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri May 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Almost on her way out the door, Soul pauses when she hears Melody. She calmly walks over to the pony, and puts a hoof on her shoulder. "You regret what you did," she says is a low tone, hiding her face under blue forelocks. "There are... ponies who would not in your place. I don't know about Icing, but the simple act of regret makes you a good pony in my book. You still ruined a life, and you have much to make up for, but it looks like I'll be tied to your group for a while, so I can help you." She looks up and smiles, eyes reflecting both that and almost ready to dry. "As a friend." She pulls Melody into a hug without hesitation, then lets go after a few seconds.

"Ready to go Full Tilt, I'm sure you wanna get to sleep as much as anypony here!"
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sat May 18, 2013 1:04 am

"Tilt's fine, my full name's for the school roll." replies Tilt, laughing a little and waving Soul away. "You're my guest tonight, so you can have the bed and I'll have the couch. Besides, if the TV spat you out, it might try to drag you back in, and that's not going to help anypony, least of all you."
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 18, 2013 2:41 am

"Hey... I've talked with, Tilt to a degree..." Zeela comments to Melody. "I'm unsure how you two can deal with this gulf between you two. But, I'm still on your side. And... I see that even you seem to have issues about what happened..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat May 18, 2013 3:24 am

"...Yeah...I...I shouldn't have done that...I paniced, I-...That's...That wasn't...." She sputtered for a moment. "I shouldn't have done that, that was...That was the kind of crap I came here to get away from...Still, the new mare's acting like I turned Alice into a zombie or something..." She looked at Zeela, blinking. "I don't...That's not who I-..." What was she going to say? She wouldn't do that? She'd just proven last night if she felt backed into a corner, she would, even if her conscience didn't approve..."Still...I know I need to make things right, but...Where...where do you start with something like this?"
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 18, 2013 3:50 am

"From what I learned of Full Tilt in our talk... My best guess, is that this issue between you two, comes from a difference of viewpoints on memory." Zeela said sounding unsure but she was trying her best to be strong for Melody's sake. So the Zebra with Wings just keeps rambling. "I don't know what help I can offer you Mel... I personally, think it was a bad act... But for different reasons then I believe Tilt does. To me I think the wrongdoing was from more how you acted without full understanding of the dangers... I've once done such a wrong act myself, trying to help keep that greendale group safe, when I didn't know how overblown I was making the dangers seem in my mind... I think, in retrospect, Kuro knowing about this place, might not be that big an issue as we fear it may. Also... I must admit... I like that power of yours Melody... I think it can be useful... And I see memory as something you don't always get to keep in the end, so whether one's loss is from magic or by natural processes, isn't something major in effecting the people who have lost the memory. But from what I understand, Full Tilt, sees the loss of memory as something that harms one's soul... Or something... I'm not totally sure... You'd have to ask Tilt this... In fact... I fear, the only real way for you two to move forward might be just coming back to chat with eachother... But Just remember, I'm on your side, and I'll help you face Tilt again. We'll need to somehow fix this break in our party's bonds, or things might not be saveable if we put it off to long."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat May 18, 2013 10:30 pm

It's career day at school, and Ineighba college/high has a long list of possible jobs for each pony to do. Students pick one to spend time at during the morning and afternoon, and George, as a schoolworker, is chosen to supervise one of the jobs.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun May 19, 2013 12:29 am

George supervised a stand on being a librarian and eventually excused himself to medical for a break.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun May 19, 2013 1:06 am

Tilt spends the morning catching up on training, then attending her appointment.

Spoiler:

---

Tilt steps out of the medical office and looks around the halls. All these careers, all these things she might have to learn to do later in life.

This news is not auspicious, no not one little bit,
He'll ask me to give up it all, my destiny won't fit.
I'll have to find a new one, there's something I can't see,
I've got to find a destiny, and somewhere there's a job that works for me...
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun May 19, 2013 1:19 am

Shiro quietly sneaks his way into the school building, looking around and softly whining before the music catches to him. He glances back and forth as he looks at the students, quietly singing to musical number. One member of the party might be able to hear him.

"I try to keep my head up, put a smile upon my face
But no matter what I try, it just seems to be a disgrace
I can't just be an heir my, cutie mark I don't see..."
A quick glance at his blank flank, and he frowns.
"I've got to find a destiny, and somewhere there's a job that works for me.."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 am

Icing didn't sleep well. Not just staying up later than usual making preparations, but reviewing the conflict in his head over and over, mentally one-upping himself or finding better things to say, correcting and perfecting his views, it kept him until the false sunrise. Even in rest, dreams haunted him.

It was career day today: No real classes, just kitschy little presentations and over-optimistic speeches. Oh, it doesn't matter who you were born as, everything will turn up roses! Last year he went to it, he wound up going to the Crown worker since they were Health and Safety, his father wanted a good rapport with the inspectors. Some good business acumen. But it wasn't there. His career was set, to Tartarus with dreams.

So he feigned being sick. It wasn't hard. With the lack of sleep, he was already running a headache and those little bug-like black dot hallucinations at the edges of his vision. His whole family works, of course they do, it was easy enough to go about his day once they were gone. He has free reign to go where he needs to... Despite everything. Maybe the lack of sleep pushed him wrong, but this would be the quickest solution.

"Do-good friends just will not succeed; Our end-state they only impede.
Life is just fun for everyone; unless you got my crummy lead.
I force their hand in reprimand, I just want to be free...
Already know my destiny, yet somewhere there is a job that works for me."

Icing Sugar steps into the television.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 am

Soul Spinner sets hoof out of a sequestered classroom, mouth aching and mind numb from a barrage of what these teachers called "entrance exams." She had slept well the previous night, and in the morning learned that she would be required to attend this "secondary school" while she stayed in Ineighba. Hah! As if a scholar like her had any need for more education.

Well, apparently the law in this land disagreed with her, and she would, in fact, be attending with the ponies she had met last night. Under the cover story of being an "exchange student"(these Neighponese ponies had so many weird phrases...) Soul got in with few questions asked, and would be joining the school populace as soon as possible. She scored high on her written and philosophy exams, but found that what she had learned in arithmetic and science were woefully behind.

And now that she was released from those accursed exams, she would be forced to attend some strange "career day" that involved learning about different jobs available to young ponies. Did they not use the Cutie Mark Apprentice system in Ineighba? What a strange culture....

"I'm putting things together, building a new life
Fitting with these ponies shouldn't me cause so much strife
Sitting through these lectures, when I know my pen and knife?
Remaking my destiny, and here they try to force a job on me."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun May 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Melody had slipped out of the 'career' she'd chosen, not particularly wanting to sit through the lectures...After all, those were jobs for...Well, ponies. She was walking about, glancing at the classrooms as she tried to figure out what to do with herself, caught up for a moment in the musical number...Part of her was grateful that being overheard was unlikely...It wasn't a particularly happy 'verse' of the musical number, but nothing about it had been happy.

"I try so hard to do right, but the others have concerns
If they knew just what I was, their opinions would quite turn
I have to keep on trying, so they will accept me..."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Zeela was mostly drifting through school at this point... Not really paying much attantion to the song, and somehow just sang her part without really thinking that much, before she ends up running into Melody at the end of her song's part. She nods to the Unicorn and moves on to some chemist hearing...

"I'm great at mixing potions but it's turned into a mess
My coat just lit on fire, I'm under some distress
I made a mistake somewhere, it's clear from head to knee
My destiny is not pretty, but it's what experiments have done to me"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Tilt gallops onwards, leaping gingerly onto one of the stands and swinging around to look out a window, the PE teacher outside putting a herd of her schoolmates through their paces.

"I've got to be... my destiny... and it's what my cutie mark is telling me." she sings slowly, her horn slowly glowing to a bright golden flash and exploding in a flash of blinding light, leaving behind only a faint whiff of ozone.

Spoiler:

Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 am

Icing: Due to taking the effort to risk getting caught and getting in trouble, Icing feels a well of Courage in his chest the moment he walks into the TV world, noting a mare's giggle coming from the distance, and a single glass bead resting right in front of the door.
Spoiler:

George: The library was relatively inactive, but George did spend quite a bit of time reading and gaining Intelligence, including a medical journal with portions on Psychology and Heart Health being the primaries.
Spoiler:

Soul: While the test wasn't that easy due to the knowledge over the last thousand-ish years being a blank, Soul could easily find out just what it was she had been taught once she had found some school books related to the topics, helping broaden and expanding her intelligence.
Spoiler:

Melody: While melody skipped over the actual, official Job fair, the musical number that randomly came from nowhere did help her express herself as Zeela walked up. Melody's catches notice of a small silver pick in her locker, keeping it from shutting fully
Spoiler:

Zeela: Zeela's chemistry hearings got her a bit of an easy work, the concotions almost trivial compared to the potions that the pegasus normally makes. In the end though, a soft silver glow floats a small vial labeled "Throw me" beside her.
Spoiler:

Tilt: After the conversation with George, Tilt comes to a bit of an Understanding of a few different things, before finally working on the soccer field. After the excersize, the unicorn finds a small silver pin with a note 'To Tilt' written on it
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next