Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tale of Two Kingdoms

+3
Ramsus
Xel Unknown
Z2
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Tale of Two Kingdoms - Page 4 Empty Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 3:49 am

Oooooh. Yeah, I didn't remember that and I don't think it scanned that way to me at the time either. Kinda neat idea for sure.

Just to note, it's not a theramin per say. It's a thauramin. (As in thaumaturge.) So, I was figuring any things that would normally fall under mechanics for it would be arcana, since I'm playing it with magical fields. If you look at my description of the device it's also pretty clearly not even a mechanical construct (outside of someone having to cut and weld things together I suppose). Otherwise, my stat spread is set up so that I am good at making arcana, history, streetwise, and persuasion checks. I figured even if you're gonna force me to make some mechanics checks for it (not sure why) it'd be better to be good at 4 out of 5 of the skills than 3 out of 5. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun May 26, 2013 4:28 am

I know, I did specify your instrument's magical nature earlier on in the post...

My suggestion of using mechanics checks for instrument operation is:
A. Applying a general rule to instruments
B. Offering potential encouragement for you to get out of the potentially rather over-saturated horse sense department
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun May 26, 2013 5:11 pm

A thought occurs: would anypony here like to hear more about Caballia's Elements of Harmony?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun May 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Sure
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Honestly, the more lore and setting info you provide the better. Though I realize as a GM it's often a bit ridiculous for players to expect you to answer "all the things" where they could just ask specific questions.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun May 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Here's some, I'll post the other two in a bit:
Dawn Glimmer - The Element of Progress, and recently crowned prince. Despite an eccentric personality, and a strange (but often amusing) desire to assume the most absurd explanations possible, Dawn is very reliable under pressure, and particularly intelligent as well. He was able to become an alicorn after developing magic for dissolution of corrupting magic (now known as 'purification magic) to destroy the Alicorn Amulet and stop the Cult of Tyranny. His special talent is magic.

Silent Drift - The Element of Love. Most ponies who hear Silent Drift's name go through three phrases: "That's a lovely name." "That name is HORRIBLY inaccurate." and "Oh I get it, the silence is from us hiding." Silent is particularly gregarious, and often overly affectionate... That said, he is very good at helping ponies deal with their troubles when it is NEEDED, and his mighty 'Shipping Goggles' have become well known throughout Caballia. Considered his crowning achievement, Silent managed to befriend Tyranny and teach her the value of one's heart being in their actions - and the value of friendship, of course. Tyranny is now free in Caballia, and has promised to quash any cults dedicated to her personally. His special talent is 'pony psychology'.

Viridian Charge - The Element of Trust. Viridian Charge is a flamboyant, athletic pegasus. Though not particularly humble, he tends to toot his own horn less than his skill might suggest... he trusts other stallions will do that. Viridian is very open and ready to accept help, honing his techniques through a variety of sources - his unfaltering trust in others help them to trust him in return. He is fairly well known for his attractive, well-kept ascot - though he allows many access to it. His goal is to join the Thunderbolts - a show flying team - and he will often espouse his dream to be right behind great stallions like Swallowtail, on the flanks of the greats. His cutie mark is a green cyclone, earned after he performed the Verdant Rainboom: a unique aerial maneuver that causes a sonic boom, while also condensing nearby clouds and aerial moisture into green rains that have been found particularly good for crop growth.

Sparsity - The Element of Inspiration. Sparsity is considered to be a particularly exceptional metalworker. His natural spell for detecting metals of different sorts have given him the opportunity to work with rarer materials far more than most. He runs a very successful farrier's shop, often combining fabrics and complex apparatuses with the shoes for exceptional effects. In addition, he has an exceptional eye for beauty (despite his own frequent lack of care in appearance), often making simpler forms of jewelry to sell as well; he cites his goal as becoming the most famous jewelry designer in all of Caballia - but it may be difficult for that fame to overshadow his others. While details are still not known, Sparsity has become an alicorn very recently. Prince Solum sites similar conditions to Dawn's change, but Sparsity did not gain any political power from the event, and details are appropriately Sparse. His cutie mark is a trio of silver horseshoes.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Okay, I've almost finished my combat build (still got 1000 Gold), rearranged my stats, dropped some racials for -5 Flight, and replaced AJoAT with Sweet and Elite, because I'm crazy. Currently, the character is basically a Bat Pony version of Steve Irwin. Still can't think of a name though...

Character Sheet for Quick Reference...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Dunno about the first name but, the Irwing for the last seems like it'd work. Unless you don't want to be that based on the guy.

Saving Grace and Amazing Grace seems a bit redundant. You might want to swap one of those for something else you can do when healing isn't required. *shrug*

As for 1000 gold items.... nothing really pops out at me for your character (and I don't think Z2 would like you buy items and loan them to other characters). If Z2 let you use stuff from your combat expansion the Spellbook would be exactly the right flavor for your character I'd think.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 26, 2013 9:34 pm

He is based mostly on Steve (love and knowledge of animals, Australian mannerisms, so on so forth), so Irwing could work, although since he isn't an exact replica if I think of a better name, I'd go with that. As for your other suggestions, I've replaced Saving Grace with Energise, and I also agree that Spellbook would be the best fit (and allows me to pump out Inspiring Word more efficiently if I use it on an ally), but if I can't take it I'll most likely go with the two 500 Gold trinkets...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 9:57 pm

I hadn't even thought of using it on allies. That's kinda a funny combo.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun May 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Meet Porko! Large, in charge, and probably going to need a seeing-eye pony to keep him from wandering off cliffs.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun May 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Okay, Steam Irwing looks great, and Porko looks pretty good too! Though both of them seem like they might be a little lacking in +pip moves...
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 11:29 pm

With GM's OK, I changed my FK Jumping to FK Riding. We have three high Brawn characters now, this was the more practical and hilarious choice.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 am

Alright, here's the other two:

Red Velvet - The Element of Hope. Red Velvet is a friend to everypony. Very classy, his mastery of rules and precise use of earth pony magic make him extremely helpful in many situations, and he does try to be helpful whenever possible. Red is always able to find 'the bright side' or the way for things to get better, and he uses this to smoothly help others find it as well. He is a well known restauranteur, and takes any excuse to start and cater parties: often at little to know charge. His cutie mark, an ornate platter with a single slice of cake left; represents his two fold talent of presenting things well, and always being able to see the good left available.

Tangelokarl - The Element of Sacrifice. The first question most have once they discover it, is what happened with TK's name. Well, his parents Golden Pumelo and Tangerine Peel gained respect of their own for developing a crossbred crop of their families' respective fruits; a crossbreed they called the 'Tangelorine'. The decided to name their eldest daughter Tangelorina, and when they were to become parents for a second they chose the name Tangelomina... But when their second child was born male, they panicked and just burst out 'KARL' when looking for a name. That said, TK is a very liked pony on his own merit. He never hesitates to help others, and never shies from solving problems by giving of himself. Some erroneously considered him to simply not value himself, but he merely wishes to improve all he can - the cost paid from what he truly has to give.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 am

Could you give me a rundown of some common beasts found here? It's so I can give Steam Irwing (that's right, I'm stealing that first name from you) a title of "the X Hunter"...

Also, as Ramsus and I discussed above, there's an item in my combat expansion which fits my character very well, so I might as well give it a shot and ask you if I'm allowed to take it. If not, it's no big deal, but you never know if you don't ask...

Spoiler:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 am

I thought you might like that name. You may indeed take a 'Wildlife Encyclopedia' for your character... As for creature targets, really, crocodiles actually WOULD be the most appropriate critter for Caballia.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 3:05 am

Not clockodiles? jocolor
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 am

Clockpunk is already in my Skype campaign... And hooks as replacement limbs never gained popularity in the quadruped races.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 am

So, are all the spots taken and everyone ready? When can we expect this to be up?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 am

In the next 24 hours, I need to get some sleep before I set this up.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 27, 2013 8:57 am

Forgot to ask how are we doing the grapple charms? Like in the OKN or in the Shadow Walkers?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 9:05 am

I don't think we ever decided one way or another if we were doing the Grapple system.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 am

I assumed the fact that 2/3 of the party took size related flaws meant that you all definitely did want the grapple system. We'll be doing the OKN version; where you get 1 weapon, 1 armor, and 1 trinket charm to start.

As a side note, to prevent the character in question from simply being a battery for the other players, I'm considering limiting Sacrifice to a 1/day usage, if not using a magic point...
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 4:04 pm

You mean 1/day for non-MP gifting? Maybe 2/day?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Um.... I'm a little confused on the grapple charms. Because I don't have a combat weapon I can't have a grapple weapon charm? And even though I have two combat trinkets I can't start out with two trinket charms? So basically we're punished in grapple stuff for what we choose to do with out combat stuff? That really blows. Or am I understanding this wrong?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next