Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tale of Two Kingdoms

+3
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
Z2
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Tale of Two Kingdoms - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 10:24 pm

"Oh, it's a long story about how one time Sombra threw around some magic and I sorta got caught in it and I stopped growing. Ok, I guess it wasn't that long huh?" Note replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Wild Blue blinks in confusion at the Unicorn Bard. "Huh... Who's this Sombra person?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 pm

The azure-coated, silver-maned unicorn is now in full view, and she begins to address you (ignoring the exchange between the crystal pony and pegasus):

Indeed, now that you all have arrived, it is time for Trixie to give you your orders. You have been chosen for your believed above average competence, and your fair ability to represent Caballia's citizenry... and also you're taking a garish pink "pony" with you for familiarity reasons. Your job is to be partially diplomatic, and partially investigative. The prince has superior things to do, and will be looking into Equestria as a whole... but the assumed 'largest' mystery is why the crystal empire is so very... improper. You will be given fair compensation, down payment now and on achieving objectives; and unless Prince Solum deigns to show his face, you likely won't have much interaction before your train departs. Any pointless questions about the mission? Or would you rather ask the important questions about the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie?"
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Wild snaps back to the Unicorn who was telling the mission was being set for at this second, so she wouldn't want to miss any info that like. "Ok... So um... I do have one question, how'd you get into this role of being a spokemare for the Prince? And to our mission, what do we know to expect in this "Equestria" place. And do we know what makes this mission so important the Prince has to pull some random ponies for this task?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

"And what do you mean 'improper'?" Note asks huffily.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon May 27, 2013 10:54 pm

"Where do we meet this pink... 'pony?'" Wihkuk asks, catching Trixie's change in speech.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 pm

"Psst, I think she meant me." Note says to the changeling in not at all a whisper.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 pm

"That comment is why I wonder this Trixie got to be a Royal Speaker... I mean I didn't think The Prince employed rude people to speak for him." Blue snarks with a chuckle.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon May 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Wihkuk looks up and down the crystal pony. Then again. Finally on the third time he says "Ooooh..... Sorry, I just tend to focus less on appearance and more on emotion. For example, embarrassment."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 pm

"How odd I was of the thought that the cute pony from the crystal empire was to be the native guide... Or even better are you speaking of a pony of Equestira? Oh and yes why would there already be a train line to a kingdom that only recently has come back into existence?" Cassiopeia askes suspicion creeping into her voice towards the end.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 pm

"Maybe she's really good at giving speeches or somethin'? I know I have a hard time with 'em, maybe the princes have a hard time of it as well..." Porko shrugged a bit, shaking his head. He was wondering what everyone was getting so flustered about. Though the Naga had a good point...He looked down, trying to think. Maybe they'd worked really hard on making a train line there...Or maybe there had always been one? Really, he was just wracking his brain to remember anything he might have read or heard about the Crystal Empire...The true stuff, not all the silly stories ponies came up with...

History time:

Last edited by Caden2112 on Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 pm

"The prince requires ponies not already in his employ: partially for diplomatic reasons, but mostly because he suspects he will need all the horsepower he can keep on the homefront... and as for your other questions, they are rather connected:

The GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie is the most exceptional agent for his majesty. She has already explored much of Equestria, and rather safely at that. It seems that while most ponies have a somewhat reversed counterpart in Equestria, TRIXIE was far to perfect to be altered in any way by whatever strange magic formed a pale shadow of our fair land. Equestria is a dark and foolish place, with moronically overpowered individuals and a terrible under-appreciation for technology. Trixie's own counterpart was driven to desperation by the tasteless idiocy of Equestria's copies of our own glorious Elements of Harmony and their hick town; forcing her to have no choice but to use the horrid alicorn amulet. Trixie's mind is far too mighty to fall to such a thing, and she channeled what was meant to be endless corrupting power into an amusing and harmless rampage. Trixie even managed to escape the amulet's influence, by forcing her darkened conscience to fall for the simplest of tricks... Trixie is not sure what Trixie is doing now, however: she seems to have disappeared, though clearly only until such time as she can return to the glory she deserves...

Anyway, yes, Equestria is rather moronic. They are sickly racist against changelings, and Bat Ponies are not considered appropriate for polite company. Their cows, despite still being useless blobs of fat, are apparently respected members of society; while where they SHOULD have boars, then instead have stupid pink things that they dare to call 'pigs.' In addition, the noble naga is nowhere to be seen in their country, instead, where they should be, the reptilian elegance is replaced by still more cow parts. Zebras are rarely seen as well. SUPPOSEDLY part of the goal is for you to represent your own races to the clearly Pegasus-Unicorn-Earth-Pony dominated civilisation... even if you will mostly be in the Crystal Empire. While inexplicably cold, the alicorn who rules the Empire seems to be the nicest of the bunch; and the fact that EVERYTHING is new to those crystal ponies should allow you to fit in relatively well...

The Crystal Empire had train service quickly set up for it by the ponies of Equestria (naturally prodded by the superior Princess Cadence.) After a brief discussion, it was somewhat suspiciously simple for the might Prince Solum to set up a station on the kingdoms opposite side."
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Wild blinks. "Um... Could you use some pronouns when you talk about your counterpart... I think I got a bit confused midway in your chat about your counterpart..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 11:25 pm

"While Trixie spoke of Trixie, the only relevant information conveyed was about Trixie; Trixie has yet to properly extoll her own virtuous adventures, thank you for reminding her..."
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon May 27, 2013 11:28 pm

"After this is over, I think you should schedule an appointment with me." Wihkuk tells Trixie, a bit of worry in his voice.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

She gives you a pitying look:

"Of course, Trixie is always willing to help out the less fortunate changelings; she is told that her love is so mighty she can feed half a hive just from ambient energy... Naturally, Trixie should work her way up to a full hive eventually."

and indeed, she is correct: you get the feeling that spending more than an hour in her presence would leave you feeling bloated from having involuntarily consumed so much self-love.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 11:32 pm

"Hey, we're not racist against changelings! They tried to steal Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's place! I even wrote a song about it. That apparently nobody but changelings seem capable of hearing. I heard it apparently was even popular in some changeling circles. I'm not really sure why. Maybe translation errors? Anyway, we're um..... reasonably concerned about changelings."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon May 27, 2013 11:34 pm

"If you're not gonna use pronouns, can we try another method? Maybe Trixie A and Trixie B? Or should it be C and E? You know, for Caballia and Equestria? Or...Hrm...Not quite sure how what Trixie E...Yeah, I like that, really like that...What Trixie E was up to is really important, even if I would like to hear the story later...I like stories." The boar was smiling, but his tone changed slightly. "Come to think of it though...Isn't the Crystal Empire in a desert...? Being cold doesn't make sense if I'm rememberin' right...Hrm..." He looked at the little pony's outburns, thinking. "Princess wha? That's a mouthful..."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm

"Oh, you wrote that song?" Wihkuk asks, as he turns into the crystal pony. "I do enjoy it. How does it go again?"
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 11:45 pm

"It's a tundra, not a desert. Or a dessert. It's to the north. At least, I came south to get to Caballia so unless geography just moves around all willy nilly here... probably still to the north and still in a tundra." Note replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 11:50 pm

"Bet you were also told you, your love is all quantity with zero quality..." Blue snarks.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 pm

"Are you sure? I distinctly remember that it was a desert...?" Porko seemed confused...Maybe he'd heard wrong? But it was supposed to be a desert. "Maybe it's in the wrong place somehow...That's a possibility, right?"
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon May 27, 2013 11:54 pm

"Trixie knows for a certainty that the target of her love gets the proper quality. Beggars cannot be choosers as well, Trixie assumed that by asking her to graciously lend you her time; you were rather desperate for a proper meal. After all, nopony expects the relief foods sent by those with power to the sufferers of disaster to be delicious."
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Note looks at the changeling and shrugs and plays a few bars of the song on her thauramin.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 12:32 am

"Enough snark to snark combat... Let's get back to the topic of our mission... Seems we've got to figure out what has happened to the Crystal Empire... Or find out another explanation to what has happened with this second kingdom that seems to mirror a good deal of our own. So we happy to use the same form of money, right?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next