Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

+10
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Whiteeyes
Zarhon
Curunir
Dusk Raven
Z2
Quietkal
14 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) Empty An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Quietkal Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Abominable Antagonist:
Oh hey there pony tales roleplaying forums. Yes, I know I said I'd just lurk for awhile, but this is different (sort of not really.)

I've got this creature I've been drafting for a bit, and I basically just really want to see it in action.
You've probably got some combat builds or ideas for combat builds that are too high in level to have seen action yet.
Let's do this.

Accepting up to 8 level 10 characters. Skype talents, traits, and items. 15000 gold.
Non-official talents/specials/items might be allowed, but probably not.
Non-combat stuffs unnecessary, though flavor is appreciated.
Play-by-post

1. Curunir - Sunny Zoo, Strategy Mastermind
2. Xel Unknown - Zero One, Ancient Laser Golem
3. Fury - Storm Blade, Storm Mage
4. tyger - The Joy, Secret Pony Commando
5. Dusk Raven - Dead Eye, Dangerous Pony Criminal
6. Bronymous - Phoenix, Fire Demon
7. ZamuelNow - Nurse Deadheart, Blood Mender
8. sunbeam - Furious Blows, Pugilist Planeshaper

Current Fight-
In-between A and B.

Fights
An Abominable Antagonist (victory!)
A Beastly Brawl (built!)
A Curious Cavalcade (being recreated!)
A Dreamscape Diversion (concept!)
An Eldritch Entity (concept!)
A Fuzzy Frenzy (concept!)
A Goblin Grievance (built!)
A Horrendous Heraldry (being balanced!)
An Inverted Intention (concept!)

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 am; edited 31 times in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Z2 Thu May 30, 2013 12:41 am

I might try this... IF I can take this item:

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Quietkal Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 am

Z2 wrote:I might try this... IF I can take this item:

Spoiler:
I'm not sure. Probably. I'll spoil that the creature needs to be killed multiple times, but if you triggered Pierce the Heavens I'd probably kick it to last life depending on the one-liner.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Thu May 30, 2013 1:20 am

This will be play by post, yes?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu May 30, 2013 1:47 am

Z2 wrote:This will be play by post, yes?
Whoops, forgot to put that up there. Yes, it'll be a play-by-post.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu May 30, 2013 1:50 am

I think I'll throw myself into the fray, here... it'll take a while to think of all the combat items and traits I could get, though. Roughly, how many battles will we endure?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu May 30, 2013 11:04 am

Dusk Raven wrote:I think I'll throw myself into the fray, here... it'll take a while to think of all the combat items and traits I could get, though. Roughly, how many battles will we endure?
Currently just one, but I'm getting ideas for other beasties to fight.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:11 am

I'd like to give this a try- I didn't think I had any more time for campaigns, but a battle might be fun (especially to try out level 10!)

Here's my character, just have to work on flavor.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_gHIz4SKwU5-maE6wYDWPX4iKOPRAFcin01e5xhHpRc/edit?usp=sharing
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 am

A few "technical" questions:

Would the battle incorporate minions / adds, or would it be focused on a single target (this is pretty important for quite a few builds, especially necromancer ones, due to requiring enemies that can be brought below 0 hp)? Would the boss be "immune" to any of the status effects (e.g. domination and stuns), or have a different/diminished effect? Would the Assassin's Gambit d12 special work against it? Would it use the PiP mechanic for its moves (since a few of the player abilities manipulate enemy PiPs)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Sorry, just got back from dimensions where I couldn't respond. I'm probably going to expand this into multiple fights, all at level 10.

@Curunir, still looking over your sheet. So far it looks good, but I just want to double check everything. Looks good. Looking forward to the flavor.

Zarhon wrote:Would the battle incorporate minions / adds, or would it be focused on a single target (this is pretty important for quite a few builds, especially necromancer ones, due to requiring enemies that can be brought below 0 hp)?
One big bad the entire fight. No minions.
Zarhon wrote:Would the boss be "immune" to any of the status effects (e.g. domination and stuns), or have a different/diminished effect?
Domination is substituted by a combined Dazed, Weakened, and Ongoing Damage (save ends), as being able to negate the only enemy would make the fight uneventful and not fun. It can be thrown out of combat though.
Zarhon wrote:Would the Assassin's Gambit d12 special work against it?
In a sense. Instant death wouldn't immediately end the fight, but it'd get it past 2 lives. Which is a lot of effective damage for one thing happening.
Zarhon wrote:Would it use the PiP mechanic for its moves (since a few of the player abilities manipulate enemy PiPs)?
Yes, it uses PiPs. It also takes Standard/Minor/Inerrupt actions like a player. Additionally, there is a special resource called "Eternity counters", which is present in some of its attacks.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:34 am

This sounds a lot like Lavos and his "fight every boss again" muti-life shape shifting time trickery...I love it!
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 am

So... Let's see if I've figured this game out after my three times of glancing at it... This is a combat heavy campaign where everyone is starting off at level 10. To take down some superboss? Or what? *will get to reading things in more detail later*

I think I might try to build something for this... Now that I've noticed that we're starting off at level ten.

EDIT: Well now that I've read things... Seems interesting premesse. I now know I'll totally make a character.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I've read things now)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Still trying to come up with a character... I have a build idea in mind, and a flavor idea in mind. Unfortunately, they're not compatible.

The build was originally for an armored mecha type combatant (for another thread where flavor could be whatever), and the flavor idea is a unicorn who telekinetically manipulates a set of swords... if I can come up with a justification for the former or a build for the latter, I'll post it here.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:49 am

One character per person right?

Either way, might I possibly be able to test this?

[-7] Sentinel's Shield - Minor Utility
You conjure a Sentinel Shield in your hands. You can dismiss the Sentinel Shield as a free action. While you are wielding a Sentinel Shield, you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Trait - Protector’s Vow
Whenever you use a Standard or Minor talent, select one ally, they gain an Guardian Mark until the start of your next turn on the next round.

[+3] Bunker Down - Standard Utility
Gain Resist 3 until the end of your next turn, and heal 3 HP

[+1] Shield Smash - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature, if roll and 8 or more, then the creature is stunned until the end of their next turn.

[-1] Draining Shield - Minor Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy, and target ally gains that much health.

[-2] Super Defender - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Affect: The triggering attack hits you instead. If target ally has a Guardian Mark, you may remove that mark to reduce the PiP cost of Super Defender by 1.

[-3] Absorb - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger - Multiple Allies with Guardian Marks would be hit by the same attack
Effect: Remove all Guardian Marks on target allies, then the attack hits you instead, The attack is treated as multiple attacks.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:51 am

15,000 gold total.

Has a weapon with 15,000 gold cost, and another two items that cost 1000 gold.

Your 2000 gold over budget I'm afraid.

Sorry, forgot that the trait exists, and didn't notice you had it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 am

@Xel, looks good, just needs some flavor.

@Fury, yes one character per user. I'm going to have to say no to the weapon though, unless you seriously rebalance the minor. Too much for a +1 minor talent to do, especially compared to the other weapon's +1 minors (-5 your health or 2 damage to target).
I cannot brain today. Weapon seems fine.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 am

Well, in that case. Have my character. Combat flavour will come latter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uX3DtUWgOT4WI_v25afgDYsBu60MA2oAIcOB63Chvc8/edit
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:04 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Well, in that case. Have my character. Combat flavour will come latter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uX3DtUWgOT4WI_v25afgDYsBu60MA2oAIcOB63Chvc8/edit
You forgot to share it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 am

Bleh. I hate the permission thing.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 am

Just a heads up, you've got 4 trinkets but you don't have the Bling trait...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 am

.... That's because you can have 4 trinkets without it

Well, that was annoying.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Fury, need to update your homebrewn shield on your document, but it looks okay other than that.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Wish I had another trait... or 2000 more gold... so annoying...

Well either way. Won't be dying anytime soon.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:36 am

Whiteeyes wrote:This sounds a lot like Lavos and his "fight every boss again" muti-life shape shifting time trickery...I love it!
In a sense. This baddie does evolve as the fight goes on, but each life is just a stronger version of the last. No dramatic shifts. Maybe next time.
(Definitely next fight, as I've got that pretty well created. It's also pretty unbalanced, but I'm interested to see how it'd fair. So many dynamics in it o,o.)

Dusk Raven wrote:Still trying to come up with a character... I have a build idea in mind, and a flavor idea in mind. Unfortunately, they're not compatible.

The build was originally for an armored mecha type combatant (for another thread where flavor could be whatever), and the flavor idea is a unicorn who telekinetically manipulates a set of swords... if I can come up with a justification for the former or a build for the latter, I'll post it here.
Throws swords, uses swords to block, uses swords to slash...I think it'd be pretty do-able. Additionally, a pony mecha would be acceptable. These are the biggest champions in Equestria (and a normal pegasus.)
(bonus points for infinite sword style.)

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Wish I had another trait... or 2000 more gold... so annoying...

Well either way. Won't be dying anytime soon.
Because having 6 traits and 15000 gold isn't enough. (spoiler: it might not be.)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next