Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players)

+3
Z2
Ramsus
Drago765
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players) Empty Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players)

Post  Drago765 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:07 am

Equestria: A (mostly) peaceful land ruled by two princesses, one controlling the sun, the other controlling the moon. Everyone knows what goes on by day, but only a select few know what lurks in the night. Most who do fear it, creating an organization called "Phoenix" dedicated to killing these beings. They'd be more fitting of the title of "cult", worshiping Celestia as a goddess, though not acting under her command. They're zealous nutters who would rather destroy anything that goes against their belief than talk with it.

You are a team of what these people would call "Monsters", beings of the night who are largely feared by the general populace. You're being actively hunted by Phoenix and shunned by communities. It's not all bad however, you do have greater abilities than your average person, and there are others like you. Perhaps you could band together and take down these zealouts, if a bigger threat doesn't get in the way...

Welcome to my first ever campaign!  As said in the intro, this will be a campaign focusing on monsters and other such "beings of the night." As such, because I can't create my own races you will be allowed to take FULL advantage of Genetic Engineering. You are also welcome to use unofficial supplements, but you will have to inform me of which ones are unofficial. The limit on PCs is 6, however, since I'm a new DM, I will accept a sort of "Co-DM" to help me out and overall improve the experience. You don't have to use Genetic Engineering or unofficial supplements, but it's encouraged. We will mostly be talking on Skype, but if you don't have it I can always compromise and use this thread for OOC. Also, don't be surprised if I steal your race if I like it enough. We're also going to be using the Talent Specialization expansion, so feel free to make use of that.

Signed up:

Last edited by Drago765 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players) Empty Re: Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players)

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 am

I'm in. It's late though. I'll think up something tomorrow.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players) Empty Re: Moonlit Adventures (Accepting players)

Post  Z2 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:15 am

Ehhh, it might behoove me to join this campaign. I might make a werepony.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 am

Z2 wrote:Ehhh, it might behoove me to join this campaign. I might make a werepony.
I think my avatar can tell you what I think about that.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 am

Didn't see that before... But I said Werepony, not Equulf (ha-ha! Etymology.) Wink
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 am

Touche.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Oh, and if anyone could come up with a better name I'm open to suggestions.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 am

Reminds me of my Campaign of Jokers... Only with less crazyness and only one monster type it seems...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:13 am

No, player, you are the demons! And then Dash was a zombie.

...In all seriousness, if this isn't full by the time I get on tomorrow I'll see what I can do character-wise.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:15 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Reminds me of my Campaign of Jokers... Only with less crazyness and only one monster type it seems...
Actually there are going to be more threats. Unless you're talking about the races you can play/make, in which case my opinion on that is "Go ahead and go nuts."
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:27 pm

This is relevant to my interests.

Brb, making character, through I won't have a picture.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:36 pm

So...I leave this to the group because I honestly can't decide, and I think I'd have a blast playing both...So...

Zompony minion master (Probably Companion and mook utilities and pet trait, life-draining and maybe another summon in combat...Out of combat, probably oriented towards brawn and knowledge.)

OR:

Gargoyle (...I couldn't come up with a good pony pun.) ...Who would probably be based around precision and perception, basically the team's eye in the sky. In combat, probably take Warlord-style abilities.

So...Pushing Daisies or Stonewall?
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm

If you having problems deciding... I suggest waiting a bit. See what everyone else comes up with.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Definitely Gargoyle, you can play a necromancer in plenty of other games. Gargoyle, not so much. (Also, I had a lich character called Daisy Pushings before. Though, that was waaaay back before GE was an official thing.)

Edit: This is my character so far.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dwWWuVC89vjQf9ZVrw4-TeVyKVwTLVC1SB3XTlcSNvI/edit#

I'm waiting for DB to finish his character's background stuff because one idea I have is that mine followed his here. As far as combat.... I'm just not sure what I want to do for that yet. I might try for something that makes something like Paranoia actually not terrible. But, we'll see.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Okay, it's at this point I should mention it's not a case of first come first serve. I will pick characters that I like, not the first ones that come around. Feel free to take time on your characters.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Ramsus wrote:Definitely Gargoyle, you can play a necromancer in plenty of other games. Gargoyle, not so much. (Also, I had a lich character called Daisy Pushings before. Though, that was waaaay back before GE was an official thing.)

Edit: This is my character so far.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dwWWuVC89vjQf9ZVrw4-TeVyKVwTLVC1SB3XTlcSNvI/edit#

I'm waiting for DB to finish his character's background stuff because one idea I have is that mine followed his here. As far as combat.... I'm just not sure what I want to do for that yet. I might try for something that makes something like Paranoia actually not terrible. But, we'll see.
That's... an interesting character.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:01 am

Meet Stonewall the Gargoyle!

A big, burly bruiser. (...changed my mind on Brawn/Precision because alliteration, honestly. >.> ) ...that said, yeah, he's got issues. Hopefully he gets to character-development out of them one way or another. Smile 
That said, basic concept is the same for those who don't want to use the link. Eye in the sky (With the added perk of being able to use himself as a bunker-buster in emergencies.) In combat, the offense talents are more if he gets caught on his own. Otherwise, you guys are most likely going to be doing his killing for him because I still want to try out the Warlord talents.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 am

That's quite a character there Caden.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 am

Caden2112 wrote:Meet Stonewall the Gargoyle!

A big, burly bruiser. (...changed my mind on Brawn/Precision because alliteration, honestly. >.> ) ...that said, yeah, he's got issues. Hopefully he gets to character-development out of them one way or another. Smile 
That said, basic concept is the same for those who don't want to use the link. Eye in the sky (With the added perk of being able to use himself as a bunker-buster in emergencies.) In combat, the offense talents are more if he gets caught on his own. Otherwise, you guys are most likely going to be doing his killing for him because I still want to try out the Warlord talents.
I approve, it's always good to have a support-type character. I wouldn't mind having this guy in this campaign. Just make sure that if you do get in you keep good communication with the team, otherwise the situation could go a bit sour.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 am

Yeah, I think my first talent investment will probably go to Telepathy all things considered. Or Spike Take a letter for extreme range recon. Which probably will never happen.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:41 am

Ok, so... question... how large is Stonewall? Because since my character can also be large, I'm obviously concerned with what our definition of that size is.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:04 am

Right, here's a little suggestion if you can't find talents that fit what you want to do: use an unofficial supplement like Paper Shadow's Combat Expansion, or try and make your own. You'll have to run all such talents by me however, so don't forget.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:30 am

To answer the question, I figure, based loosely on 3.5 size charts, Stonewall is about twice the size of a standard pony. Big enough to carry an individual or a few if need be (What's the point in a high brawn if you can't do crazy things if need be?) small enough that in theory his head isn't in the second story's floor. Usually.

For those who don't click the link, Medium is classified as 4-8 ft (Tall for bipeds, long for quadrupeds,) while Large is 8-16 ft. (Again, the same.) ...Maybe I should post that in the suggestions for them to put in the manual for purposes of establishing a baseline to work from? (tabletop in particular since they need to know how big monsters are!)
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:02 am

Hmmm, I guess I can live with that definition of large. Though, my character's largest size would certainly be at the upper limit there.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 am

Question for clarity.

Those the creature have to already exist?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next