Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Abominable Antagonist

+5
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Xel Unknown
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
9 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

An Abominable Antagonist Empty An Abominable Antagonist

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Current Venture: An Abominable Antagonist
Players:
✓ Curunir - Sunny Zoo, Strategy Mastermind
✓ Xel Unknown - Zero One, Ancient Laser Golem
✓ Fury - Storm Blade, Storm Mage
✓ tyger - The Joy, Secret Pony Commando
✓ Dusk Raven - Dead Eye, Dangerous Pony Criminal
✓ Bronymous - Phoenix, Fire Demon
✓ ZamuelNow - Nurse Deadheart, Blood Mender

A train takes you from your respective areas to the mine. Near the entrance stands a group of clearly stressed ponies; most are preoccupied, but one watches you as you approach. The one is none other than a certain purple alicorn, and those of you native to Equestria recognize her as Princess Twilight. Next to her stand the rest of the bearers of the Elements, each wearing their respective jewel: a white unicorn not at all at ease with her location, a pink earth pony who seems to be humming to herself, a blue pegasus hovering in the air and staring into the darkness, an orange earth pony who paces back and forth in front of the entrance, and a yellow pegasus who is visibly trembling, her eyes darting about wildly. One other pony, a golden yellow earth pony with a triangle cutie mark, sits at Princess Twilight's side and seems much more comfortable than the rest, excitedly looking in what seems to be random directions.

Sunny Zoo is the first to step off, each step carefully placed without breaking a stride. The princess affords a small smile and a polite nod as you approach.
" 'Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts. Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared.' I believe I'm quoting your scroll correctly? It is good to meet such a knowledged pony as yourself, but I am saddened that our first and perhaps only meeting is to utilize your skills."
She pauses for a moment when the golden earth pony to her side suddenly turns to you, breaks into a dangerous smile, and says in a too excited and oddly high-pitched voice, "The Cage? Ooh, an excellent choice, Rising Star!"
The princess merely sighs and pulls out a scroll and a quill from a saddlebag on the ground, before marking the parchment.

The golem designated Zero One is the next off the train. The princess's eyes light up with a bittersweet curiosity, and prepares to speak before the golden pony interrupts.
"The Seed! It has been so long! My how you've grown!" He stares at you for a moment more, before shrugging and resuming looking in random directions.
The princess marks the the scroll again, before speaking. "I thank you for coming, Zero One, as representative of Equestria. Celestia and Luna wished me to convey their personal gratitude as well." The yellow pegasus stops trembling and looks at you for a moment before gently nudging the pink pony, who continues humming but turns to face the forming group.

A dark blue pegasus follows the golem from the train, and the princess nods politely as you approach. "Storm Blade. I bid you welcome, and thank you for your service." The golden earth pony nods his head toward you as well, his voice continuing in its high pitch. "The Lamp. Decided to light the dark from under your shade?" He chuckles briefly, as another mark is made on the scroll. The blue pegasus looks back and sees you, landing as she does so.

The Joy and Dead Eye exit the train together. The golden pony laughs and says “Ah yes! The Hook and the Flower!” as you approach, and the princess makes more marks on the scroll.
”Thank you for overseeing him, The Joy. Dead Eye, you are to be granted a pardon for your heinous crimes should you show that you have changed by assisting this group.” She then levitates a very familiar looking rifle from behind a pile of rocks over to the criminal pony.

Phoenix ducks through the train’s entrance, his unusual form somewhat larger than the train was intended for. ”Thank you for your assistance, Phoenix. Your experience with other dimensions may well work to our advantage.”
The golden pony rolls his eyes and says, “Please. There’s seldom that the Rainbow could tell you that I couldn’t.” The blue pegasus grumbles at this, but doesn’t make a scene as the alicorn marks the scroll again.

Finally, Nurse Deadheart exits the train and joins the group. “The Feather? Hmm...” the golden pony says, before turning away distracted. The princess hesitates for a moment before marking the scroll and putting it away. ”Thank you for coming, Nurse. If anypony might help keep the group alive, it would be one such as you.”

Suddenly, an unsettling laugh echoes quietly from the mine, and the Elements shudder. "That, is why you have been called here. We are able to keep it from advancing farther toward the light using the Elements and some of Bill's knowledge," Twilight gestures to the golden pony, who waves childishly. At this point, you notice that each of the physical Elements has a different, presumably eldritch symbol etched into their surface. "We don't know what it is, but the fact that our presence deters it cannot be a good sign. You have been asked to...” The princess pauses for a moment, struggling with the next word, when the golden pony jumps in. ”Kill it, remove it from this plane of existence, something like that.” He raises a forehoof and inspects it.
The alicorn looks at him for a moment, before turning worriedly to the group. “...yes. That. Er...any questions?”

((Do stuff before you head into the cave? Mostly just a check-in for everypony that signed up.))

Last edited by Quietkal on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 11 times in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:01 pm

"What information, if any do we have on the... creature we are to face?" Storm Blade spoke up, his face calm and collected at he looked down into the darkness, trying to perceive the threat that they where to take on. "There are other questions that I have, but they are not important and can wait till later." The guard spoke calmly and confidently, almost as if he was certain that they would be victorious. Through he didn't sound arrogant as he spoke.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:31 pm

"What bygone era is this foe from? The Golem asked as it looks at the group. "And are you sure that everypony here will be needed? Normally at most I'd just need some combat medic to aid me, just in case... This group strikes me as possible overkill for whatever threat we've been tasked to kill..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 pm

The balance of life and death was something Nurse Deadheart had dealt with most of her life. After calmly gazing into the darkness, her sullen voice uttered a simple question, "How many are already dead?

Spoiler:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"What information, if any do we have on the... creature we are to face?" Storm Blade spoke up, his face calm and collected at he looked down into the darkness, trying to perceive the threat that they where to take on. "There are other questions that I have, but they are not important and can wait till later." The guard spoke calmly and confidently, almost as if he was certain that they would be victorious. Through he didn't sound arrogant as he spoke.
Twilight's face scrunches a little. "We don't actually know much. Scrying attempts just dissipate as they near the room it's in, and we've sent several groups down...none of whom have been heard from since."
Xel Unknown wrote:"What bygone era is this foe from? The Golem asked as it looks at the group. "And are you sure that everypony here will be needed? Normally at most I'd just need some combat medic to aid me, just in case... This group strikes me as possible overkill for whatever threat we've been tasked to kill..."
The golden jumps in, quickly stating "Not bygone, spatially perpendicular. Rising Star's convinced it'll kill all life if it makes it to the surface, but I think it's more of a 1-in-12 chance that something'll survive."
ZamuelNow wrote:The balance of life and death was something Nurse Deadheart had dealt with most of her life. After calmly gazing into the darkness, her sullen voice uttered a simple question, "How many are already dead?

Spoiler:
"We've assumed that the ponies that already went in have...become deceased. Approximately 40."
Spoiler:

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:19 pm

"Orders are understood ma'am." The Joy then briefly examines the golden Pony. "Your Royal Highness who exactly is Bill... and why does he possess such knowledge...?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 pm

"Oh great... That's just great..." Zero One already bemoans knowing this was going to be a pain. "Stuff like that from what I recall never like to stay dead..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:51 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"Orders are understood ma'am." The Joy then briefly examines the golden Pony. "Your Royal Highness who exactly is Bill... and why does he possess such knowledge...?
The golden pony just smiles and turns to Twilight. "Yes, who am I?"
The princess glares lightly at him, before turning back to you and saying in a voice that sounds rehearsed, "Bill has proven himself to be one of the friendliest and most trustworthy individuals that I've ever encountered in my life. What a guy. I honestly could not trust him more. Bill is a true gentleman."
The golden pony starts snickering at this, attempting to hold back full-blown laughter. The bearers collectively groan, before the pink pony speaks up. "Twilight only seems able to describe him as that. We think he's some sort of extra-differential lawyer that Twilight called on to help with the Whoozy in the mine. Which he has, sorta."

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:35 pm

"Extra Dimensional Lawyer...??? " The Joy says putting far more emphasis onto the last word.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 pm

"It doesn't matter." Storm Blade said, getting irritated by all these questions. "We are here to fulfill a mission, so lets get to it."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Nurse Deadheart looks Bill coldly in the eyes. "Yes, enough talk. Too many lives have been lost to this creature and I hope its presence isn't deliberate."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:09 pm

The white earth pony took the rifle delicately (after a bow to the princess - he was not so low that he would not hold the royalty of Equestria sacred), then made a business of inspecting it just to make sure it was in working order and as he remembered - as much as he could find out without actually firing it. "Sounds good to me," he spoke in a Trottingham accent, "40 ponies dead? Damn. This could be the kill of a lifetime... all the fights I've been in were curb-stomps one way or the other... I wonder if this'll be different..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:25 am

Twilight wrote:" 'Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts. Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared.' I believe I'm quoting your scroll correctly? It is good to meet such a knowledged pony as yourself, but I am saddened that our first and perhaps only meeting is to utilize your skills."
Zero One wrote:"What bygone era is this foe from? The Golem asked as it looks at the group. "And are you sure that everypony here will be needed? Normally at most I'd just need some combat medic to aid me, just in case... This group strikes me as possible overkill for whatever threat we've been tasked to kill..."
Storm Blade wrote:"It doesn't matter." Storm Blade said, getting irritated by all these questions. "We are here to fulfill a mission, so lets get to it."

"I am pleased and surprised you would have taken the time to read any writings of mine, Princess- but that is of no importance right now, I see." Sunny Zoo looks at the golem Zero One  "I don't relish killing, nor violence in any form, but at the same time believe there is no such thing as overkill."  She turns her gaze to Storm Blade  "Especially when we don't yet know our foe.  I would prefer to learn our enemy before confronting it, but that may be a luxury we don't have.  The bearers of the Elements are on the defensive here, and need us to go on the offensive.  If there's no more knowledge to be had, I agree that we must move to prevent more lives from being lost."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:09 am

Well that's a lot to catch up on. You would start the game while I'm super busy at work, and don't get home til after midnight.

Actual post incoming, gimme a minute.

Quietkal wrote:Phoenix ducks through the train’s entrance, his unusual form somewhat larger than the train was intended for. ”Thank you for your assistance, Phoenix. Your experience with other dimensions may well work to our advantage.”
The golden pony rolls his eyes and says, “Please. There’s seldom that the Rainbow could tell you that I couldn’t.” The blue pegasus grumbles at this, but doesn’t make a scene as the alicorn marks the scroll again.

"Yeah, probably- 'the Rainbow'? Who is this guy?" Phoenix cocks his head, scanning the group. He knew and recognized the usual 6 (even if one of them had sprouted a pair of wings), but this gold pony was new, no incarnations of him yet encountered.

Spoiler:

"Well, look, whatever that thing is, it is not the scariest thing here by a long ways. If it- and 'Bill'- are jumping verses, then it's probably not a super big deal anyway. 40 kills and trapped in a cave by the Elements is hardly cause for major concern. And it looks to me like you guys spared no effort nor great expense to bring together the best equipped- by Pony Standards anyway- group of killer individuals. And since it's not everyday I get the green light from Twilight to go kill something, I say we get to it. Should be neat." Phoenix adjusts his gear, allowing for a quick stretch and some plausibly unnecessary knuckle cracking. "And for the record, Billy, I know so, SO much more than you do about so many more things. You ain't slick."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 am

tygerburningbright wrote:"Extra Dimensional Lawyer...??? " The Joy says putting far more emphasis onto the last word.
The pink pony just shrugs, unsure of how else to describe the being.
ZamuelNow wrote:Nurse Deadheart looks Bill coldly in the eyes.  "Yes, enough talk.  Too many lives have been lost to this creature and I hope its presence isn't deliberate."
The golden pony mimics Pinkie's shrug.
Bronymous wrote:"Well, look, whatever that thing is, it is not the scariest thing here by a long ways. If it- and 'Bill'- are jumping verses, then it's probably not a super big deal anyway. 40 kills and trapped in a cave by the Elements is hardly cause for major concern. And it looks to me like you guys spared no effort nor great expense to bring together the best equipped- by Pony Standards anyway- group of killer individuals. And since it's not everyday I get the green light from Twilight to go kill something, I say we get to it. Should be neat." Phoenix adjusts his gear, allowing for a quick stretch and some plausibly unnecessary knuckle cracking. "And for the record, Billy, I know so, SO much more than you do about so many more things. You ain't slick."
The golden pony nonchalantly inspects his hoof, and merely says "Whatever you say, Firagaean. Don't you have some kind of undead creature to go kill?"
At this point, Twilight speaks up. "Yes, if you have no more questions, I ask that you start down. There's only one tunnel so you can't get lost, and we have a lantern to provide light for you. We will remain at the entrance to keep it inside and await your return. I thank you again...and wish you the best of luck."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 am

The Joy quickly nods before taking the lantern in her mouth and starting down the tunnel...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Dead Eye makes sure he has plenty of ammo - and a flare gun - before following The Joy down the tunnel, rifle slung along his back.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Storm Blade quickly moved to take point. He specialized in fast reaction speeds and incredible defense, so being at the front made the most sense to him. Please he could also see in the dark so it was best that the lantern had minimal effect on this night-vision of his. He still didn't know how he could see in the dark.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Being a glowing light-sorce himself, Zero One didn't bother with the lanter as he starts to have his magics start to warm up. Getting ready to blow this thing with the best of his blasts. Hoping this time he'll get a good deal of damage out as best he can.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm

"Ooh, you know what race I am. That's almost as impressive as Spackle sprouting wings. It's already pretty clear that YOU aren't a pony, either, so outside info isn't surprising in the least. And I'll give you $1000 if you can tell me what Firagean actually means- or anything else super important that no one really knows about me." Phoenix begins following the others, taking up a slow rear, in case Bill had any kind of answer. Passing the other ponies, he adds a grinning "Heeeeeeey, Rarity."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:07 pm

After briefly holding her gaze on Bill, Nurse Deadheart quietly walked into the dark tunnel, allowing Phoenix to take the rear position.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:05 pm

The white unicorn just shoots you a confused and somewhat creeped out look as you go past.

As you move around the corner, you can hear the golden pony say to presumably Twilight, "How can I tell him what no one knows? By definition I wouldn't know!"

The cave continues onwards in a surprisingly large path, a gentle slope with a switchback every hundred feet or so. Wooden beams provide support on the sides and across the top, and the entire path seems to be fairly monotonous until you come to a corner where a large, complex symbol has been carved into the wall. After a moment, you figure that if all of the symbols from earlier had been stacked, they would form...that.

As you pass the corner, those of you reliant on light notice that the amount of light from both the lantern and Zero One seems to decrease as you continue on, down until it only allows for only about a meter of vision. Those of you with dark-sight notice that there seems to be an end to your vision, something very odd, and it progressively gets closer as you continue down, stopping only a few meters from you.

You pass yet another corner, and you hear the laugh again. It sounds very close, and you can actually hear a muffled sound not unlike ponies moaning as you continue on.

As you turn past the last corner, the creeping darkness seems to dissipate very rapidly, and you're able to see a very large cavern with some sort of very elaborate mine cart system built all through the open cavern and periodically moving into small tunnels in the surrounding rock. A large skeleton, easily twice Phoenix's height but of a similar build, seems to be doing some sort of ritualistic dance in the very center of the cavern. He wears what appears to be a top hat, but some dark aura is exuded from it. Mine carts constantly go to and fro on the various tracks, and you can see weak ponies on most of them. The moans of the ponies slowly become clear, and you're able to understand that they're all moaning the same phrase. "I want to get off Mr Bones Wild Ride!"

The skeleton suddenly stops dancing and turns to you, before leaning back and belting out an eerie laugh that shakes the cavern. Dust falls from the top of the cavern, and the ceiling of the path behind you collapses.

(Roll initiative. I cannot tell you how much I was looking forward to this reveal.)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Storm Blade was absolutely disgusted by he sights and sounds around him, and immediately tensed for combat. Knowing that this skeleton was the threat they had been called to eliminate, and trapped these ponies in its feindish 'ride'. He felt lightning charged as adrenaline kicked in, leaving him ready to move at the moments notice.

Initiative:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 pm

"Uhh... huh. Well, that's a thing alright." Flames swirl to life around one of Phoenix's hands as the other produces a knife. He calmly moves around to the side, looking for an optimal angle of attack.

Init: 11

Talents:

Last edited by Bronymous on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 pm

While Nurse Deadheart was disgusted by the fiendish creature's malevolence, seeing the ponies alive meant there was a chance to save them. However, this bit of observation and introspection slowed her reactions a bit.

Initiative:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next