Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 21 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Not your fault in the slightest Mind
This is a topic that's come up more then just today, and one that will probably always be brought up.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 21 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:39 pm

... I cannot believe I am listening to two fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Moan about how magic is a solve-all force.

If magic was a solve-all force. Then let me inform you something. THE SHOW WOULDN'T FUCKING EXIST!

NOW STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S FUCKING TIME WITH YOUR STUPIDITY!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 pm

As much as I hate agreeing with fury when he's like this... He's got a point. Just move this chat to another topic. Unless you got non-magic utility, boon, or whatever to suggest... It's over now in this topic.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Calm down fury
Also note in the show
not every magic user is a Min-maxed Mage
Also note that all the predominate rulers of MLP are Unicorns/Magic Based characters.
also note Elements of Harmony, a magic based item collective that is the most powerful thing ever

So... yeah even the show supports Magic is OP and the most powerful thing ever.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:45 pm

That was an amazing rebuttal Hayatecooper.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I could have gone into more detail
but I'm pretty sure it supports my point
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Calm down fury
Also note in the show
not every magic user is a Min-maxed Mage
Also note that all the predominate rulers of MLP are Unicorns/Magic Based characters.
also note Elements of Harmony, a magic based item collective that is the most powerful thing ever

So... yeah even the show supports Magic is OP and the most powerful thing ever.
Allow me to correct you.
No. But the Min-Maxed Mage does NOT over-shadow everyone else.
They aren't 100% magic, but a mix between all three pony species.
The Elements of Harmony are magical yes, but powered through FRIENDSHIP AND BONDS.

In fact, each of the main villains has been defeated by BONDS
Nightmare Moon. Friendship.
Discord. Friendship.
Chrysalis. Love.
Sombra is a harder one, but it could be said that it was the bonds between the Crystal Princess and her ponies that activated the crystal heart.

So, no. The show supports that BONDS is OP and the most powerful thing ever. NOT MAGIC.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:49 pm

...Fury, that's not what I've been saying. I've been saying that Magic is far more used than non-magical means in roleplays, and I hope to change that. ...Regardless, I apologize for upsetting you. With all due respect, I'd like to not talk with you for a while... You're acting hostile, and I don't want that.

Xel, I apologize for repeating myself... Three times... But I do want to end the conversation. I've been trying to for a bit now. So once more, I apologize. I don't intend to continue the discussion elsewhere, I'm just going to go back to making my character and listening to music.

Hayate... I believe we're done here. Even if I agree with you. Thank you for your enthusiasm, but I think it's just problematic now.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:49 pm

OOOH- going back to the thing about friends and politics and stuff? In MLP, Friendship IS Magic. So Magic covers that as well. Twilacorn confirms it.

Checkmate.

Last edited by Bronymous on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey Fury
You're stating that Bonds aka Friendship is the most powerful thing?

Well guess what

Friendship is Magic.

Edit: Ninja'd by Brony
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:That was an amazing rebuttal Hayatecooper.
Nope.

Its a completely failure.

Mind Gamer wrote:...Fury, that's not what I've been saying. I've been saying that Magic is far more used than non-magical means in roleplays, and I hope to change that.

Everyone has their own experiances I suppose. Magic isn't over-used in the RP's I'm in.

Bronymous wrote:OOOH- going back to the thing about friends and politics and stuff? In MLP, Friendship IS Magic. So Magic covers that as well.

Checkmate.
Hayatecooper wrote:Hey Fury
You're stating that Bonds aka Friendship is the most powerful thing?

Well guess what

Friendship is Magic.

Edit: Ninja'd by Brony

And why is Friendship Magic?

Because it is THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE.

In other words, its more powerful than magic by itself. Thus meaning, you just checkmated yourselves.

After all, two of the alicorns - Candance & Twilight - became alicorns through their knowledge and understanding of these bonds. Thus proving that these bonds are more powerful than magic, as the alicorns are beings beyond magic.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:

[/color]
>Friendship is magic
>Friendship is the most powerful force

So magic is the most powerful? So exactly what we've been saying, and exactly what you've been arguing against?

Good try.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:59 pm

In other words, its more powerful than magic by itself. Thus meaning, you just checkmated yourselves.

That would make sense... if the wording was Magic is Friendship. But it's not, ti's stating that Friendship is Magic IS MAGIC not equals magic IS MAGIC

So
If your statement of Friendship is the most powerful force is true
and
Friendship is magic is also true
that means Magic MUST be the most powerful force as it has to be on equal footing with Friendship, as Friendship is Magic.

Then you can Open up with Chaos Magic, a form of Magic that doesn't operate on friendship... thus making magic come in two sources so it should in that case win.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 am

Could you guys seriously stop spamming threads with completely off topic discussions?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 am

.Geeze... I'm surrounded by idiots.

Look.

> Friendship is a powerful force.
> Friendship compared to magic due to its power.
> Most powerful magic is fueld my friendship
> Friendship is the most powerful force.

After all, through the title 'Friendship is Magic', it doesn't mean it in the sense of magical power and ability in the show. But the wonder and amazement of friendship is like that of magic.

There. NO. MORE. ARGUING.

FRIENDSHIP. BEATS. MAGIC.

Same applies to the Ponytales as well.

What makes you stronger?

HARMONY. NOT. MAGIC.

SO STOP BEING SUCH FUCKING IDIOTS AND USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 am

Like it or not Fury, you did just put yourself in a conner by claiming "friendship is most powerful force" now. As the others have pointed out.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 am

ENOUGH!

Fury, let me make this clear. Magic powered by bonds is still magic. It is magic regardless of whether it's a gem, a potion, an enchantment or a mystical prophecy, or even channeled emotions. Magic is magic. And Magic has a track record for doing things that are impossible to anyone not using magic. The reverse is not true.

That is ALL I am saying.

Now please, can we drop this conversation like a bad habit before we go too far?! I really don't want to argue like this! And nobody should be wanting to continue it when it makes people so upset! I am tired of being called an idiot! I am sorry I started this! Now we need to end it!

Are we done?! /Flutterstares

Last edited by Mind Gamer on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Like it or not Fury, you did just put yourself in a corner by claiming "friendship is most powerful force" now. As the others have pointed out.
And I just showed why THEY put themselves into a corner, and not them. As I just pointed out.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 am

Mind Gamer wrote:Magic is magic. And Magic has a track record for doing things that are impossible to anyone not using magic. The reverse is not true.
Sonic Rainboom.

I rest my case.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 am

Cept we didn't
As was explained by Mind, Friendship is just a type of Magic.
As I also explained, there are other forms of magic apart from that generated by Friendship
Thus
Magic must be more powerful as it can fit both friendship and none friendship based magics into it, unlike Friendship who would ignore powerful beings such as Changelings or Discord.

You bring up the Sonic Rainboom, a good point. Is that magic generated by Friendship? No, as it's preformed by a solitary pony, thus Magic must be more powerful then Magic if it can preform feats such as pretty much splitting Light+Air. (And no, I don't take the reasoning "She's just that fast" if that's the case almost any Pegasus(Such as the wonderbolts who do numerous strength and speed exercises would be able to pull it off, thus innate magic)

Which, pretty neatly wraps up the package that Magic is indeed the most powerful force as it is all inclusive instead of selective like "Friendship", but the others are right we have gone way off the topic of what Brony's complaints original were. Which is:

Min-maxed magic users are often game breaking and it is very easy to do. Which is a problem.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 am

1. Friendship is not Magic in the literal sense.
2. Without Friendship or Love, the main villians would not have been stopped. Thus showing that magic is not all-powerful. It was simply a means of turning the power of the bonds into something of use, not the power itself.
THE SONIC RAINBOOM IS NOT FUCKING MAGIC.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 am

I would just like to say that in a world whos rules can be changed in one episode if needed, we cannot know the absolute truth as it does not exist. magic will only be as powerful as the plot needs.

also language this is a debate on the internet about technicolor magical horses. lets tone it down some
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 am

1. You sure? Cause the fact they turn Friendship into literal magic rainbows kinda proves otherwise.
2. Well, depends on your definition of stopped. I mean, Chrysalis was defeated by love(Weilding by the Love Alicorn through a magical blast) and Discord was stoned(By oh look.. a set of MAGICAL items.)
3. Again.. I don't see how the Sonic Rainboom isn't magic. It must be some magical effect, or freaken any Pegasus could pull it off or pull off something similar.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 am

Fury, as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, you can't swear like that in the thread. This is supposed to be a friendly place.

Let's move this to another thread (if it hasn't happened already).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 am

Do you want us to create a new one or do you have one in mind?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next