Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed)

+4
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
Ramsus
Colter Bolt
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed)

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Making the Metal Pony just be Leggo is good. Just change him from level 2 to level 1 and he'll be waiting approval. Asura sisters join the list now.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed)

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Fixed up Marrow

Just curious about one thing.  Can 'Grab For Power' take me into the negative pips?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Cardbo wrote:Fixed up Marrow

Just curious about one thing.  Can 'Grab For Power' take me into the negative pips?
I don't think it can...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm

I don't know what other GMs do for that, but I'm going to say no.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Ok, the second question I had regarding it.

Do gain +6 pips and then lose 1d8 pips or do you lose 1d8 pips and then gain +6 pips.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Cardbo wrote:Just curious about one thing.  Can 'Grab For Power' take me into the negative pips?

I laugh maniacally at the implications. A tiny (tiny.) part of me wants to take whatever you just said, just so I can gain firsthoof knowledge of being in the hole, pip-wise.

But I bow to our P.H. in his search for simplicity.

(laughter recedes into the distance)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Cardbo wrote:Ok, the second question I had regarding it.

Do gain +6 pips and then lose 1d8 pips or do you lose 1d8 pips and then gain +6 pips.
Gain 6 pips, then lose 1d8 pips. Similar to how +1 Critfisher is gain 3 pips, then pay 2 pips...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Ok, the second question I had regarding it.

Gain 6 pips, then lose 1d8 pips. Similar to how +1 Critfisher is gain 3 pips, then pay 2 pips...

Bah, knew that sounded too good to be true.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 pm

With Ramsus' help, I tweaked Marrow.

Dropped Grab For Power and changed a bunch of other stuff around including his stats and CM. There's is one more thing I'd like to do. Since Marrow is a slime, I'd like for him to be able to be able to reasonably be able to fit under doors or through vents. Just not sure how you want to handle it. An acrobatics check? A utility talent, which the only things that come close are Phase Step and Teleportation.

Thoughts?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:14 am

Well, I just came up with a character idea for this. It'll have to wait until I wake up before I make it, but it's going to be an Arcana character, so if a player comes up with their own Arcana character I'll just make a new character (or not play if more people take interest)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 am

Hmm, having a bit of trouble deciding on a combat build... if I can't do so in time, Colter Bolt can start without me and use that image I linked for a boss if he so pleases. I'd be interested to see what he comes up with, in any event...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 am

For something like that Cardbo, I think a racial would be better. But since there are none that do that, I whipped one up! Probably still needs to be tweaked though.
Slime (1(Maybe 2?))- Characters of your race can fit through small spaces with ease. An acrobatics check may be required for extremely small spaces via DM discretion.

Dusk, don't worry if you can't figure anything out. This thing at the very soonest would be starting 3 weeks from today. Also, I noticed a lot of people are taking racials that help avoid being on the ground. Why? Don't you trust me?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 am

Added Slime in.

Had to drop More Than Meets The Eye to make it work.  Added in Sharp Eyes and Its Almost like flight.  For that last one I imagine he can flatten himself and glide for short distances.

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:05 am

Rest assured, my... abomination will be completely ground-based. I just need to think of what purpose was put behind its creation... assuming it's not a "failed" experiment that just won't die. It'll probably be heavily brawn-based, in any event.

Of course, I also have to think ahead to how I'm actually going to roleplay my beast... this one's almost scarily inhuman, another reason I think it's more boss material (maybe the reason for the outbreak?)

I need a backup idea... possibly a pony modified for extreme stealth... or at least something that at least remembers something of being normal. That horror will be fun to write.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 am

Cardbo, you couldn't have dropped Feline Grace? It's only useful if you fall, with which Spider Climb isn't going to happen a whole ton.
Edit: Either way, not sure why you made him fly.

Edit 2: If you're looking for ideas, I say make a swarm. (Though that idea is up for grabs to anyone, not just Dusk Raven.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:57 am

Ramsus wrote:

Edit 2: If you're looking for ideas, I say make a swarm. (Though that idea is up for grabs to anyone, not just Dusk Raven.)

My other idea was going to be an insect pony.  If anyone wants to take that, thats cool with me.

Very Mild Spoiler For Portal 2:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:02 am

Just make sure not to do a Spider Pony. Those are a real race. According to me. Because I made one for Paper's Hayday game. Which admittedly takes place way in the future compared to this game. Ok yeah so..... that's really not a reason not to play one I suppose. But, it won't be original. ...... So there.

Edit: Antpony!

DR, if you need help with a combat build (or just want my opinion) my skype is Ramsusofthepants. If you don't have skype you could link a character sheet and we could talk in the chat there.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:50 am

Sounds good, Ramsus. Added you on Skype, username is ebonymanta.

Now, first I'll want the combat build to mesh with the non-combat build, and for that I'll need to look at everypony's sheets again...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I'm assuming this is the form of the Slime trait we're going with?

Zarhon wrote:
Slime (1) - At will
Preparation time: 1 minute
Characters of your race can transform into a "sentient liquid", a semi-viscous, oily liquid substance, allowing them to fit through small spaces, like under a door, with ease. A skill check may be required for extremely small spaces like a key-hole or via DM discretion, or for moving in a manner liquids would normally be unable to (like uphill, up stairs, against a current...). This skill can be any that a player can justify using. This effect can be ended at will, or does so automatically once combat is initiated, or the liquid form is otherwise compromised (e.g. by splitting apart, extreme heat or cold...), provided there is enough empty space for the creature to "re-form" into.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Yeah, I guess. I was hoping that Zamuel would follow through and toss out a suggestion, but no luck.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:52 am

Colter Bolt wrote:Wait, so they're all the same character, just different versions?

Reminds me of what I do... most of the time.

You say that we have mechs in this setting?

Just noticing that everyone or nearly everyone has the Perfected Pointed Stick
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 2 Empty there's an RL proditor

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Gold, not red.

But I thought that looked cool anyway.

So, I've been out of quite a few loops this past week. I'm back ... is this thing still on ('tap-tap' on microphone)?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Colter Bolt is away somewhere for a bit. We probably won't see him for another week or so.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm

SparkImpulse wrote:So, I've been out of quite a few loops this past week. I'm back ... is this thing still on ('tap-tap' on microphone)?
Colter is out of town until sometime this weekend. It will be most likely ready to go when he returns...

My character would be done sooner if I was less lazy, less concerned with the reason he's a robot/cyborg thing, and if I could decide if I want Heart of Courage (since I am a Magecraft Character) or Advanced Telekinesis (for easy "Psycho-Analysis")...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
My character would be done sooner if I was less lazy, less concerned with the reason he's a robot/cyborg thing, and if I could decide if I want Heart of Courage (since I am a Magecraft Character) or Advanced Telekinesis (for easy "Psycho-Analysis")...

How does Telekinesis help in Psycho-Analysis? Unless you're shaking the pony telekinetically and yelling "Tell me all about yourself!" which would get you mixed results.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next