Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 3 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Well time to throw my hat into the ring... Meet Professor Lichen Field. I'll do the IC response,back-story and description tomorrow...

Comments on combat are welcome but I have the idea of a character that does not use dice in combat stuck in my mind...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 3 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:08 pm

That's... interesting. I thought Storm Blade was a jack-of-all-trades when it came to skills... then again, he does have a wider variety of talents.

Pure, ongoing damage? Hmmm... all I can say, is that its a shame the save-ends penalty's don't stack
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:49 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Comments on combat are welcome but I have the idea of a character that does not use dice in combat stuck in my mind...

Interesting. Don't know if anyone in the group has them but since talents do exist to give allies crits, you should pick a Special.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Well time to throw my hat into the ring... Meet Professor Lichen Field. I'll do the IC response,back-story and description tomorrow...

Comments on combat are welcome but I have the idea of a character that does not use dice in combat stuck in my mind...
He reminds me of a puzzle... And I'm not sure why. jocolor 
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:He reminds me of a puzzle... And I'm not sure why. jocolor 

... I do.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Um I have no clue what you are talking about...well unless you are talking about Ghostbutt but I don't think you are...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:16 pm

While I'm planning things out and working in the background, does anyone have any more out of character questions? Well, or in character questions if there was something the character would be interested in.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 pm

"Is this team completely new?" Gearick asked curiously (once recruited.) "If not, are there any artifacts I can geek over?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 pm

"Hm... that is quite a fine question one that requires quite a bit of introspective thought". Field responds in a calm and measured tone as he sits down. "Now I could speak at length about my experiences and whatever abilities I have convinced myself I have but that would just be a waste of your time. So then I shall be frank with you."Field pauses for a moment to steeple his fingers beneath his chin. By myself I am merely above average in all fields ,a Jack of all Trades if you will, however when I am working amidst others it is a part of my very nature to help them reach their full potential. Now there is just a single thing more that I feel that I should be informing you of. I ,if for some reason you were not already not aware, am old quite old and as such I have nothing to lose should the worst of a situation be brought to the forefront."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:46 am

So far, the interviewer has not offered his name.  It's an older earth pony stallion with pale green coat and a greying mane that was probably some shade of yellow in his younger years.  His shirt is heavily starched and pressed as if he had never seen a day of field work in his life.  He has a droll, almost apathetic look on his face as he listens to each candidate.  While speaking very little, he does respond to Gearick's question.  

"Your particular team is entirely new.  As far as artifacts, those are kept in secure locations so that they do not fall into the wrong hooves."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:51 am

"Makes sense, but I assume you have notes or something about them? If they do get stolen, you want to be able to stop them." Gearick persisted, wanting to learn more.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Any specific films? As in for the 80's action bit?
Sorry I missed this.  Guess you could describe it as some sort of mix of
60% Indiana Jones
30% The A-Team
5% Rambo II knock offs
5% "Other"

Looking to see if ValorlordV5 was still interested or if any others wanted to join in.  Otherwise it looks like we're gonna have a varied four and a half members when this starts up.

The older pony's face almost cracked a smirk at Gearick's question but swiftly returned to the previously flat expression.

"Of course we have notes.  There's just matters of security.  I would be the wrong one to ask such permission.  When given your assignment, if you...impress...your supervisor you may be given more access.  However, she doesn't impress easily."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Gearick was interested to see the split-smirk, but didn't comment on it. Instead, he simply nodded, stating. "Understandable. Thank you for answering my question."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 3 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show: Adventure Variety Hour [Now Recruiting]

Post  Clockeye Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm working on this character for this campaign and i'm just posting it here wondering if i can join. Fat scottish minotaur
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 am

Clockeye wrote:Fat scottish minotaur

I'm...hesitant. It comes off more like some sort of parody. However, "big-hearted guy who's paid to hit stuff" is not completely out of genre. Like everyone else, he needs to explain in character why he things he'd be worth bringing on.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:21 pm

You might have to wait for a bit on that. Clockeye is gonna be without internets for about a week.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 pm

What I may do is, pending on how many others do or don't show interest by the cut off point, I may start up the campaign and then on his return see about working him into an individual arc.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 3 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show: Adventure Variety Hour [Now Recruiting]

Post  Clockeye Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 pm

"Why should i be on the team? Mate, Why SHOULDN'T i be on the team? You've got a zebra, a ponyforged, a baby dragon, now all ye need is a minotaur to complete the freak show! And are ye saying i be a hired fist? I'll show you a hired fist right here if ye insult me again ye meanie! Plus, if you ask me mate? This team could do with a li'le beer. Any more questions ye disembodied voice of a talkshow host?"
Good enough?
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 am

Personally he rubs me the wrong way as well.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm

At least his character seems to have some kind of personality and flavor.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Ramsus wrote:At least his character seems to have some kind of personality and flavor.
Well, yeah.

What character's don't?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Yours seemed pretty bland to me.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Ramsus wrote:Yours seemed pretty bland to me.
You've only seen one, and he's no blandy than the minotaur.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm just stating my opinion based on the limited RP in this thread and what you have down on his character sheet. And I'm just going to disagree with you that right away the minotaur seems to have more personality.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Ramsus wrote:I'm just stating my opinion based on the limited RP in this thread and what you have down on his character sheet. And I'm just going to disagree with you that right away the minotaur seems to have more personality.

Right. Because a cliche has more personality than a non-cliche. Both of them.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next