Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 2 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:29 pm

=)

The new build looks really solid. Selfless Act isn't as good as it previously was without some kind of reactions to save ends on you but, it's still good since you largely don't suffer from most of them (unless using Form of the Panther where you can't use Selfess Act anyway). I'm not entirely sure the Energizing Amulet and Rapid Recovery stack (I'll go ask in Q&A). If not, you probably should get something to combo with Selfless Act next time you get a trait I suppose (though it's not 100% necessary).

Edit: Spellbook was a good choice.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 2 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:40 pm

You may want to briefly mention Grease's scale color somewhere on his sheet since there's no picture. Also, don't know if you realized it but your character is, well..."Greased Lightning".

One character development thing I'd like to do would be for each applicant to explain, in character, why they should be on the team. Assume the one asking is being gruff and dismissive.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Could you give us more info on the team? Like what it's called and what its goals are?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Very Indiana Jones/Daring Do themed with strong hints of 80s action hero added in
Any specific films? As in for the 80's action bit?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:You may want to briefly mention Grease's scale color somewhere on his sheet since there's no picture.  Also, don't know if you realized it but your character is, well..."Greased Lightning".

One character development thing I'd like to do would be for each applicant to explain, in character, why they should be on the team.  Assume the one asking is being gruff and dismissive.

My subconscious love of Showtunes shines through again. *squee* That was 100% unintentional, but I love it.

Also, aside from getting more info about the team, what's the city we're in supposed to be like? What's it called, how cramped is it, how often does it have noir drizzle hanging over it, etc.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Attempting to answer questions in character like narrating a promo/intro.

Located south of Horseshoe Bay is the city of Caballuston.  A sleepy little seaside town with few inhabitants but lingering history, the residents go about their average lives as great forces work below the surface.  For this is the city that houses the Equestrian Expedition Keep, a privately funded group that collaborates with museums and researchers throughout Equestria in need of talented individuals to brave the ruins of the ancients for discovery and science.

Of course, if only it was that simple.

Seeking out the strongest and smartest of our fair nation, the Keep secretly funds the organization known as the Specialized Team for Obtaining Museum Pieces. It's true goal is to find dangerous artifacts before they fall into the hands of evil.  Many unsavory villains would seek out such wonders to plunge the world into chaos for their own fiendish desires.  But never fear folks.  The heroes are ever ready to discover new wonders, buck the plans of villainy, and STOMP out evil!
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ValorlordV5 Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 pm

So, I looked into heroes of classic adventure serials, and I found a few ideas that might work with the setting, and I'd like to know if they would work here. my preferred character would one based on Alan Quatermain, the hunter and explorer of King Soloman's Mines. I like that idea because I think I can translate a lot of his stuff into a roleplaying character and because, even though he was much earlier than the twenties, he could easily work with that kind of format. The next idea I had was a John Carter pony, as in John Carter of Mars. Once again, he's a lot earlier than the age of twenties serials, but I think he would work well with it. Keeping in mind that the setting has (at least as I understand it so far) a kind of mythological, archaeological, occult thing going on, I think it would be way cool to have a character based on Hellboy. I know that none of these ideas are really original, so if you don't think they could work just let me know, but I for one would be way into using one in this setting. Seriously, Hellboy as a pony? That would be awesome!
ValorlordV5
ValorlordV5
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Alan Quatermain and John Carter inspirations would be perfect. Hellboy would be a bit more difficult pending on how you're playing it up. However, after picking one as a "base" try to think about what changes and adjustments you'd want to do to make them your own.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Ok, IC response to the question.

" 'You are asking why we should be on the team?' asks Spotlight confounded by the questioners lack of perception of the obvious advantages." says Spotlight in monotone. "Why we should be on the team?" Zero asks. " 'That is the question I just re-stated. Was it really necessary to restate my restatement of the question?' asks Spotlight frustrated and perplexed by his maker's inanity." Spotlight says flatly. "Well of course it was Spot -" Zero says before ignoring Spotlight saying "My designation is not 'Spot' says-" the rest being drowned out by Zero continuing, "It's a very important question with an equally important answer. Aside from the clear marvelousness of your magnificent mechanicallity and steely unstoppability, there is my experience with all things mechanical, including your own repairs, as well as, my invaluable skill in making prosthetics that are nearly as good, when not better, than the body parts they are replacing. Something I'm sure none will hope to be needing but, will be plenty happy to have available if the need arises. You never can be too prepared for these kinds of things." " 'Though you will largely be leaving most problems to myself and others while you stand back at a safe distance.' Spotlight says accusatorally." Spotlight says in the same tone its been using this whole time. "Well of course, the rest of you need your time to... shine." Zero says, her voice full of amusement. " 'Error, Humor not found.' Spotlight says expressing disdain." Spotlight says tonelessly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Is this an example of an adventure (and/or players) one could expect when the adventures get a Science Fiction element to it?

Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:23 am

((Ramsus, I'm entertained by the creation of a robot that recognizes unspoken mirth but cannot recognize humor.))

"Well, Racial Diversity helps with your image, for starters," Grease said with a chuckle. "But okay, really, why should I be on this team. Well, let's start with my Temperament. I'm a baby dragon, I'm easy to love. Cute creatures go places, especially small wriggly cute creatures. Especially especially small wriggly dapper cute creatures" he said, straightening his bowtie. "I'm genial, easy to get along with, and generally good at keeping people from fighting with each other."
"On a more blatantly practical note, I never back down from a challenge, or an adventure." He stated, suddenly quite serious. "Now let me show you why I can really be of use to the team." He drew a clear glass cube, webbed with Electricity, from his backpack. "This is electricity, my electricity, trapped in an acrylic container. Acrylic substances are great insulators, so the Electricity really has nowhere to go. It's trapped. I'm really happy you have this table." He said suddenly, sweeping some dust off of the interview table with his tail. "Because I'm not particularly fond of the wood grain, so I have no problem doing this." He suddenly dashed the cube against the table, and the room was momentarily blinded by the flash of light. Moments later, Grease and a very charred section of the table were visible again. "Odd stuff, lightning." Grease said, casually sweeping ash and acrylic dust out of the sizeable dent the lightning burst, focused downwards by the acrylic, had left in the table. "It wants to dissapear, to spend itself and dissipate. But the best things you can do with lightning..." Grease stops for a second and draws out a second acrylic lightning cube, then smashes it against the table as well. Instead of a flash of light, the electricity simply floats plainly over the table, hovering in Grease's fist.
"The best things you can do with lightning require that you hold it, and control where it goes." As he closes his claws around the sparking sphere, it seems to seep into his claws, and his scales light up like the acrylic cubes he just shattered, suddenly spiderwebbed with lightning blue tendrils. He grinned, and with sparks arcing between his teeth, he strolled/waddled out of the room.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:45 am

Oh, no. It recognized the humor. Spotlight was just sassing Zero about it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 am

DAM YOU RAMSUS! thanks to that bit of IC characterness with your characters... I feel like trying to make a character for this thing... Not totally sure what I'd build, but I totally want to join this now.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:56 am

No, bad Xel! You're barely managing the games you're in as is! No skooby snacks for you! =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:39 am

Zarhon wrote:Is this an example of an adventure (and/or players) one could expect when the adventures get a Science Fiction element to it?

Spoiler:

While my own humor may differ, it's quite possible. My planning isn't quite concrete for the other campaigns yet.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ValorlordV5 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:51 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Alan Quatermain and John Carter inspirations would be perfect.  Hellboy would be a bit more difficult pending on how you're playing it up.  However, after picking one as a "base" try to think about what changes and adjustments you'd want to do to make them your own.
I'll defiantly base it on Alan Quatermain. I love the idea of that character, and I can do some cool stuff with that.
ValorlordV5
ValorlordV5
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Hmmm... guessing Storm Blade wouldn't really fit here...

BUT. I DO have another character... who should fit just fine. I'll just need to tweak his background...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm

You actually have another character? One you haven't made 52 different versions of? Like an actually new character?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Ramsus wrote:You actually have another character? One you haven't made 52 different versions of? Like an actually new character?

What. You think just because I prefer to use one character mainly, doesn't mean I have other characters?

Well, your wrong. Meet Gearick the Unicorn

As we already have a mechanic through, I'm going to rewrite him into a mage. Still going to be an epic conjurer through
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

I am rather unsure if I should sign up for this or not... I feel like I am already in too many games but I keep getting ideas that I want to do...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:44 pm

You should join Tyger, we don't have enough people (and I'm sure at least one game you're in is moving slow).

@Fury: Considering your responses to asking you about it previously, yeah, I kinda did think you only had one character. Still, doesn't seem like this one is brand new or anything.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 pm

well I have no less than three that I consider to be slow... and a weekly and one that hasn't even started yet... bah I shall make something.

Side note Gearick has been in the Sun Sets.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:00 am

As with all applicants, Geracik must explain in character why he thinks he's worth bringing onto the team.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Ramsus wrote:Still, doesn't seem like this one is brand new or anything.

So? Only second time he's being used.

ZamuelNow wrote:As with all applicants, Geracik must explain in character why he thinks he's worth bringing onto the team.

Let me just redo him into a mage...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Changes are finished.

"Why do I want to join the team?" Gearick asked with a smile at the question. "I can list a variety of different reasons. But, you know what they say. Its better to show, not tell." The unicorn suddenly vanished, only to make his presence known as he casually leaned one arm again the interviewer, now standing right next to him. 'As I just showed, I have a variety of different skills' The unicorn spoke directly into the interviewer's mind this time, before he began to walk back around the table. "As a personal note, I love both adventure and learning. This team will certainly give me adventure as I quest for lost artifacts, and will most likely bring me to new locations, which I can then learn about. Not only that, but I can also learn about the artifacts themselves. Finally, it will make sure that the artifacts are not abused. As a spellweaver, I know more than most that power needs to be treated with respect." The last sentence was said seriously, the unicorn's eyes locked onto the interviewer'. After it was spoke, he relaxed. Summoning a small, simple mug. "Do you have any hot chocolate?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next