Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 40 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am

Eh, she'll almost get herself killed and we'll bail her out, she'll save our lives once or twice, and eventually everyone will stop stating that they're superior to each other.

Actually, now that you mention it, is she aware that she's joining the special forces team that she so looks down upon? She seems to think she's being hired for more of a 'artifact collector on retainer' gig, which doesn't necessarily mean she's expecting teammates.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 40 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:27 am

For Gearick, its not about one being more superior than the other. Its about one being more superior than an entire team.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Well, her Arrogance is most likely going to be more annoying... you know, with the entire 'I've got artifacts your teams haven't been able to get' thing she's running on.

It's okay, that's what we want her to think. Wait 'till she meets Tilde.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am

sunbeam wrote:Actually, now that you mention it, is she aware that she's joining the special forces team that she so looks down upon? She seems to think she's being hired for more of a 'artifact collector on retainer' gig, which doesn't necessarily mean she's expecting teammates.

We'll see.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 am

ZamuelNow wrote:On one hand, some things already have.  Fatal HP will be used in all my campaigns, HP buff was already in effect but you weren't in battle so I forgot to bring it up.  In other ways, not at all.  Not swapping in this campaign due to level unless you guys really want to try the new combat system.  Technically this is the campaign that's supposed to test things.  Not changing the non-combat both due to the massive nerf it would hit you with and because this is the one campaign that actually uses Boons.  I am starting to strongly consider the altered initiative rules since it would really help pbp flow.

Though we probably really should use the new skills because the old ones really are flawed. Will need to figure out how such a thing would affect skills in the style of Yee-Haw. Adding to that, are there any individual new abilities people have interest in?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:01 pm

"Cool, thanks. I take it you have my contact information. I'll let you hold onto my grimoire for now. It has a tendency to find it way back to me. It being cursed and all. Attaching forsaken souls to things commonly lost is really convenient. I mean I cursed my keys and they always show up in my pocket. Here, look." rummages through her bags and pulls out a pair of jiggly keys "See? I didn't even pack these. The little rascals always showing up. Kinda spooky really." Causally tosses keys over her shoulder. "But seeing how they are cursed, I always tend to land on them when ever I fall. It is a small price to pay in case I need to-" pauses for a moment "Wait, why do I need keys? And why did I curse them? Do I have something that needs to be locked? A house... maybe... Or maybe a treasure chest? It kinda funny having the keys but losing the lock it goes with. I'm sure I wrote down the reason in my grimoire but I gave that away. Hmmm" Lost in her thoughts for a moment.

Abruptly changes thoughts "Anyway, as a friendly reminder don't read any of the passages in that book out loud or strange things might happen. Also, if some of the pages are mysteriously blank it means some of the glyphs have escaped. Just follow the screams and I'm sure you'll find them. Oh, and don't stare to long at the words or else you'll hear whispers from the unformed abyss from beyond. Unless you're totally into that kind of thing. Then by all means, knock yourself out. Toodles~"

As she gets out of the chair and walks out of the room and says to herself on her way out "Ha, nailed it!~"

Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 am

I'll be starting the new OOC thread at some point before we reach the autolock point.  However, I will go ahead and show the build for Nightshade Glimmer.  It's not 100% complete but I'm sure the rest of the team can offer useful constructive criticism on how to fill in those last few gaps.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:55 am

Oh boy... Gearick and Nightshade are going to be butting heads. A LOT.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:12 pm

It all looks very entertaining.

I should point out that you have 4000 unused gold. I'd suggest either using this:

Talisman of Incurable Illness - 4000 gold
Trinket
Enemies suffer a -4 penalty to saving throws against (save ends) effects that you bestow on them.

Or some collection of things that make sense to you. When picking out tchotchkes, you can't really go wrong.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Wow, that is a lot of stuff to remember... Alright, just tell me when I can drive in. I would ask for a character roster but that might ruin the fun of getting everyone utterly confused.

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Oh boy... Gearick and Nightshade are going to be butting heads. A LOT.
I can't imagine Nightshade disliking anyone... But I can imagine everyone disliking her. =p Let's just hope there are no unlabelled buttons in her line of sight...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Lucky for you, Grease's buttons are all chemical cells that trigger when a voltimeter measures a certain voltage. You won't even know they're there.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am

I find it rather hard to translates Nightshade's speech patterns in RP as they randomly shift throughout a conversation. From perky & energetic to relaxed & laid back to sly & sarcastic. Depending on the topic and situation. More challenging then I thought it would be...

Also, can some one give me the list of all the spells in Ton of Fun? I wanna see what could happen...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 am

Sobana wrote:Also, can some one give me the list of all the spells in Ton of Fun? I wanna see what could happen...

I keep mine private rather than revealing them.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:59 am

Sobana wrote:I can't imagine Nightshade disliking anyone... But I can imagine everyone disliking her. =p Let's just hope there are no unlabelled buttons in her line of sight...

Who says they have to dislike one another to be butting heads? In fact, it could be quite the opposite Razz
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:59 pm

So, I'm offering a chance at gaining some bonus xp. You know the interviewer you guys have gone through? He's never been named. Come up with something that I think sounds fitting and I'll go ahead and bump you guys up to lvl 5.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:03 pm

... Coffee Talk. Points awarded for those that get the reference.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 pm

My first suggestion is Earl Grey. More may follow.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:49 am

Desk Jockey? Ranken File? Officer Droll? Or give him an odd name that is more suited for his younger days like Surge Lightning. If you think about it all these ponies age, what would it be like when Rainbow Dash becomes an old granny with the same name? I imagine this guy was probably some serious, hardcore, military type that got to old to be a soldier and had to retire to an office. Not by choice mind you, but he still takes his job serious out of a sense of duty...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:17 am

Sobana raises some good points (And also gets a cookie for the image of Granny Rainbow Dash.)

With that in mind: I like Surge Lightning (Sobana's suggestion.) My suggestions: Shadow Surge, Light Striker, Nightstalker, Scout Runner... It really boils down to what sort of field work he did back in the day.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 am

You're rolling too much.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:38 am

That is two votes for me, I win. Give me five levels! =D

I was wondering, could I use my abilities on other players? Like when I get a team member killed can I use a persuade check on the other players that it was probably for the best?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:36 am

Sobana wrote:That is two votes for me, I win. Give me five levels! =D

I was wondering, could I use my abilities on other players? Like when I get a team member killed can I use a persuade check on the other players that it was probably for the best?

Persuasion is the exception; you're not supposed to use it on other PCs. Beyond that, feel free to try... But we all have our own abilities to respond with, so beware.

ZamuelNow wrote:You're rolling too much.

Cut back on the Persuasion checks? Okay.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Alright, so I'm just waiting for Zamuel to give the all clear so I can jump into campaign...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Presumably you'll be introduced before anymore serious shit goes down. Or he might be planning an in media res entry for you...
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

It doesn't matter at what point Nightshade shows up, she is chaotic like that and will go with the flow.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next