Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  Empty Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 am

The world what a glorious place! Seek freedom and it will lie stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your restless spirit seize it! Raise your flag and stand tall!

The world is in the Great Age of Piracy! Starlight City the gleaming kingdom of steel and glass towers. But even the brightest light casts a shadow... Starlight City is none other than the childhood home of one of the most wanted Pirates in the world the Four Emperors! Now rumors carried by the winds have drawn all who seek adventure into a single place. The Devil's Hidden Rest! The very place where one Emperor began under the wing of the future Queen of all Pirates!

The Rest is the seedy bar to end all seedy bars a grim tender, dirt floor, walls stolen from the sides. Looking around you all can see more races than any of you can ever recall seeing in a single place before. The rumors that brought you here said that one of the Star Mane Pirates would be here looking for recruits though.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the discreption.)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 am

Starlight City.

For some, it was home. For others, a safe haven from the law. For yet more, it was merely a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

For me, it's the Classifieds.

And that's why I was sailing the sorry looking remains of my poor, poor dinghy towards it. If I was going to keep doing jobs, I needed transportation. And to get transportation, I needed to do some jobs. Kinda circular logic there, but whatever. That's how the world spins, I guess. Does it really spin though?

"C'mon, Peachy," I cajoled the little wreck onward. I was standing in the crow's nest, carefully keeping my Boomstick and other belongings out of the water... which was already surrounding the mast like sharks around a blood puddle. But, I still had some momentum going, maybe... just maybe I could make it to the dock and not have to swim.

Again.

"Little further... liiiittle moooree... and YES!" I shouted in glee, as I saw it would just make it, allowing me to step right off the crows nest and onto the dock.

Now, to find a job. But first, I was going to talk to Torque. Maybe he'd help me find one...

Streetsmarts:

Last edited by Grey Pen on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a typo.)
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 am

Zenith peers around the bar, wishing to get things going as swiftly as possible. Quiet for the moment, he watches the bar for opportunity, friend, and objective.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 am

Hmm. It appears we're off the rails at the moment. Not to worry, I'll get us back on track. Give me a moment to type it up.

"Battlebot, Mechanical Flurry! Targets 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8."

Torque watched as his bi-pedal scythed creation quickly ran forward and slashed at the marked dummies as it passed. Sure enough, the dummies that were slashed had the numbers Torque had shouted over their heads, leaving dummies 3 and 6 untouched.

"Battlebot, Terminate target 3!" The battlebot quickly whirled around to face the dummy with the number "3". It then charged forward and started slashing at the dummy repeatedly, with the final strike decapitating it.

Torque gave a quick smile. Voice recognition, able to distinguish between targets, and most importantly, it hadn't blown up yet. This was sure to be one of his best inventions yet. Imagine, a mechanical defender for islands that were deemed too unimportant for the "benevolent protection" of the World Government. Granted, he'd have to modify its programming to avoid it being used to enforce a tyrant, but for the moment it was a workable prototype.

"Battlebot, go into storage mode and shut down!" The robot started to fold into itself until it was about as wide as its croissont-shaped head and as thick as a large book before its yellow eyes turned off. Torque picked it up and put it in his knapsack, then headed outside.

Torque glanced up at the large telescope sticking out of his "laboratory". Technically, the observatory belonged to some old pony who liked to gaze up at the stars from time to time, but he let Torque stay there in exchange for maintaining it. It was his "home", so to speak, where he would design inventions, then sail to different islands, selling his wares and trying to make a name for himself. He had never expected, however, that he would keep running into another pony who also wished to make a name for himself.

As Torque closed the door, he saw that a note had been posted to the door. Taking the note, he started to read it.

"Torque, it's Zenith. I know you were busy, so I left this note. I heard a rumor from a reliable source, and I'm not going to spoil it just yet, but I'll tell you right now, it's the chance of a lifetime. This job could be our ticket to us being freaking legends! I've already contacted Shallow, but what I want you to do is get to the docks and get Konorad. He said he was coming to port today, so I want you to pick him up and then get over to The Rest as quickly as possible. You won't regret it, I promise."

Torque sighed. He wondered what "get-famous-quick" scheme he had come up. He was surprised that Zenith had apparently brought Shallow and Konorad into it as well, though. Curious, he grabbed the note and started to head to the docks.

Torque waited for a good fifteen minutes, wishing that Zenith had been a bit more specific when he said Konorad would be back "today". Torque could be waiting until sundown, or perhaps Konorad was already in the city, or...

He then saw a changeling with a familiar gun on his back, riding the crow's nest of a rapidly sinking skiff. The changeling then gingerly stepped off onto the dock as the skiff sank into the murky depths.

"I hear they've started charging docking fees for, and I quote, all ships that reach port regardless of their condition." Tordek smiled as he approached the changeling. "Good to see you, Konorad. Zenith is expecting us at that bar called The Rest, apparently he's got a scheme that's "the chance of a lifetime". Well, let's not keep him waiting." He started walking towards the main drag; he knew how to get there. "So, how did your last job go?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 am

As I gave my dear Peachy a last farewell glance, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"I hear they've started charging docking fees for, and I quote, all ships that reach port regardless of their condition."

I carefully hid my smile behind a playful frown. "Now now, show a little respect for the dead... they can't charge me for a funeral 'till she's sunk good and proper, and if that happens they'll never know, will they?"

"Good to see you, Konorad. Zenith is expecting us at that bar called The Rest, apparently he's got a scheme that's "the chance of a lifetime". Well, let's not keep him waiting."

"New fame & fortune scheme? Why am I not surprised. Well, it's a start, I suppose," I replied, following him down the main road.

So, how did your last job go?"

"Not as fun as usual," I admitted. "Word of advice; if you're gonna take things from sleeping crews, do it quietly. God that was funny though! It took them all of twenty minutes to figure out I was the one switching things around. But, I ended up boat-less and prize-less, and I hesitate to visit my private stash this time of year without a better ship. What about you? What's cookin' in the lab, huh?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 am

"Well, I'm sure that Shallow can carry out all the necessary funeral rites that boats require. As for what I've been working on, I just finished testing out a new invention. I call it the Clockwork Battlebot. A nifty mixture of arcane magics and my masterful mechanics, the Battlebot is capable of fighting against numerous opponents. It can distinguish between targets, follows commands, and..." Torque pulled the folded-up metal crescent out of his bag. "It's portable, too." He put it back in the bag. "It's main drawbacks at this point are 1) it has to be commanded, so you can't leave it on "auto-pilot", 2) it's currently only programmed with 3 battle commands at this time and 3) for some undetermined reason, it tends to explode if it's damaged too much...but since I don't want it's design falling into the wrong hands, I'm going to call that a feature, not a bug. Ah, here we are."

tygerburningbright wrote: The Rest is the seedy bar to end all seedy bars a grim tender, dirt floor, walls stolen from the sides. Looking around you all can see more races than any of you can ever recall seeing in a single place before.

"My, this place is busy. And quite the menagerie, as well." Torque looked around until he saw the familiar white unicorn with rainbow hair and red glasses, and made his way to the table. "Hey, Zenith, what's the word? And why are so many people here?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am

The air whisked away a few errant leaves, whilst the sound of a shovel cutting the dirt pierces the silence of the cemetery. Shallow Vibe calmly dug a rectangular hole, whistling a merry tune that few ponies knew. He knew that the strawberry stallion was waiting at the village, along with the others, for a "chance of a lifetime". Good for them! Most souls tend to miss chances, and then they become "chance of a deathtime". Question is, could it be his chance as well?

He stopped digging for a moment, and uncorked his jar, taking a sniff of the dirt within, and the well-remebered scent within. Reassurance came to him.

"...No doubt 'bout it. It be close... Might be a chance indeed!"

He laughed aloud, and set back to his task. Chance or no, it would have to wait, until this plot is dug-out.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is so poor as to have to dig out it's own graves... Luckily for them, Shallow ain't one to idle and was paid generously through their humble hospitality. Normally, Shallow would have had a cadaver to keep him company as he toils, but the family is still grieving over it. Right now, all he can do is get it ready for when they're ready to move on.

After several minutes of tireless labor, the zebra stands over a freshly dug-out grave, ready to accept yet another member of the dearly departed.

"...Now ta' make sure we ain't got no squatters..."

Shallow starts mumbling incantations at the open grave. It was a simple practice, one he learned fairly easily from his parents, meant to keep some of the more mischievous spirits away from the grave and bring ill will to the ones it was meant to. Spray a bit of powder here and there and rub some dirt in specific places, hailing and warding off the relevant forces, and the grave was fully hexed, and ready for use. Or it would be, had it not already contained a spirit.

Haunted:

"...Ahh. Should have known. Alright you, come out. I know yah' dere."

The spirit rose from the pile of recently-unearthed dirt. It seemed determined in its otherwordly presence.

"...Lemme take a wild guess. Yah' have grave matters ta' attend to..."

The spirit quickly nodded.

"...And yah' not leavin' till dey' done..."

The spirit nodded again.

"...Of course yah' ain't. Who can blame yah'? I'm guessing yah' have quite a story ta' tell?"

The spirit nodded yet again.

"...Well 'den, I suppose yah' won't mind if I take yah' ta' "Da' Rest", whilst yah' do so?"

The spirit contemplated for a while, then finally nodded. Shallow grinned, and pouring a bit of the dirt that contained the spirit's essence within his pouch, mixing it with some of the other ingredients within, and letting the spirit stay within it for a while.

"...Dere yah' go, little one. Now den, tell me, what ails yah' on dis fine day?"

He listened to the spirit's plight as he slowly trotted towards "The Rest". He liked that name!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 am

Lyntermas wrote:"Well, I'm sure that Shallow can carry out all the necessary funeral rites that boats require. As for what I've been working on, I just finished testing out a new invention. I call it the Clockwork Battlebot. A nifty mixture of arcane magics and my masterful mechanics, the Battlebot is capable of fighting against numerous opponents. It can distinguish between targets, follows commands, and..." Torque pulled the folded-up metal crescent out of his bag. "It's portable, too." He put it back in the bag.

"Ooooooh, I sighed in admiration. Torque's inventions never ceased to amaze me (even if they did tend to explode).

Lyntermas wrote:"It's main drawbacks at this point are 1) it has to be commanded, so you can't leave it on "auto-pilot", 2) it's currently only programmed with 3 battle commands at this time and 3) for some undetermined reason, it tends to explode if it's damaged too much...but since I don't want it's design falling into the wrong hands, I'm going to call that a feature, not a bug."

"Hmm. Careful who you tell that to; I might take anyways," I said playfully, even though we both knew I wouldn't dare.

As I realised where we were going, I recalled the last time I was at the Rest. It wasn't pleasant, to put it lightly, and the regulars would probably recognise me. "Hold up a second," I asked politely.

A lot of ponies (and griffons, and dragons, and everything else) have asked me how you tell the difference betwwen a True Shifter (like me) and a Quick Shifter, who can merely change appearances.

I've never told the vast majority. But the bare, honest truth is, you can't. Because contrary to common belief, a True Shifter can turn into a Quick Shifter just as easily. And that's what I was doing.

Changeling's Trickery:

As I finished my transformation, I shifted into a comfy, red coated, orange-maned Earth Pony form that I'd seen once or twice. Selling apples, I think. Nobody here would know that guy.

Lyntermas wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote: The Rest is the seedy bar to end all seedy bars a grim tender, dirt floor, walls stolen from the sides. Looking around you all can see more races than any of you can ever recall seeing in a single place before.

"My, this place is busy. And quite the menagerie, as well." Torque looked around until he saw the familiar white unicorn with rainbow hair and red glasses, and made his way to the table. [color=blue][font=Georgia]"Hey, Zenith, what's the word? And why are so many people here?"

"Yeah, what's up Zenith?" I mimicked my friend, tracing a circle on the ground with a fore hoof; a secret sign I taught to friends to let them know it was me in disguise...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Z2 wrote:Zenith peers around the bar, wishing to get things going as swiftly as possible. Quiet for the moment, he watches the bar for opportunity, friend, and objective.

Spoiler:

In one of the corners you can see a purple female dragon dressed as if ready for a rave. However judging from the number of guns you can see and the near instant knowledge that she could kill the entire room as an afterthought you quickly deduce that it is Talon the sniper of the Starmanes. Oddly enough only two or three others in the bar appear to have even noticed her.

While the vast majority of the bar is tense yet expectant two a gray teenaged mare styled after “Starmane” herself and a pink filly wearing a coat several sizes to large appear very much afraid. Those two are also the only other hopefuls that are definitely stronger than a common thug.

A few minutes later you hear two of your friends enter the bar.

Zarhon's post:

The spirit Buffalo regards your question.“I once had power real power! But the same devil that gave it to me took it away... Please I just need one last drink my throat is soo dry. Just one more and that will be it...”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Zenith addresses his allies:

Weeeee~ are here for her!

Zenith chimes as he points to the dragon.

Sniper of the star mane pirates, Talon the dragon. Fame and infamy intersect in this age of piracy, and something such as a 'recruiter' for such an illustrious crew is not an insignificant opportunity. I'm not saying we will join them, in fact I very much doubt we will, but sometimes a grand adventure can start with something as simple as a conversation. There's a mystery on this island, a ship to be had, and an 'us' shaped hole in the piracy hall of fame; but first, we have to make small talk.

Zenith, wishing to make an... interesting impression affixes his gaze to the dragon, casting a pale before him, so as to be seen only when ready. He trots over to her spot, and pauses just outside of her personal space. Z makes a token effort to enter a position to not get shot if she's startled, and clears his throat.

Hello Talon, do you feel like a chat?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:03 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:The spirit Buffalo regards your question.“I once had power real power! But the same devil that gave it to me took it away... Please I just need one last drink my throat is soo dry. Just one more and that will be it...”

Ah, how the mighty have fallen. The rather simple request gives Shallow a hunch that this spirit might quickly brew up into an annoyance, if its "need" is stronger than its will...

"Just one more, eh bruddah? Pardon me for bein' rude, but I've heard dat' tale before... All dat' powah be for noting' if yah' ain't got da spirit and discipline ta' keep it leashed. Don't yah' think it's time ta' drop da' habit, when it already dropped yah' mojo? Besides, how exactly do yah' plan on quenching dat' mighty thirst of yours, without forcing da young bar mares to scrub da' floor afterwards, eh?

Shallow laughs aloud, soon approaching "The Rest". He enters and looks around, hoping to spot the (rather distinct) strawberry stallion, as well as the rest of the entourage. He also tries to spot if there are any "spirit spirits" or regular spirits, that a buffalo would find quenching.

Perception:

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 pm

"You do the talking Zenith. I'm gonna grab a drink," I said resignedly. If he was doing what I thought he was doing, then I didn't need to be there to muss it up; if anyone could talk, it was Zenith.

Not that I was so bad myself, mind you. I just know when someone else is better.

Taking a seat at the bar, I tossed a few bits on the counter. "Brandy Squash," I said, watching carefully to see if he was going to give me a decent drink, while also keeping an eye on the dragoness in the corner. Which wasn't too hard; she was actually something of a looker. It was a little hard, in fact, not to stare...

Perception:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Z2 wrote:Sniper of the star mane pirates, Talon the dragon. Fame and infamy intersect in this age of piracy, and something such as a 'recruiter' for such an illustrious crew is not an insignificant opportunity.

"...Piracy, huh? Not to put to fine a point to it, but if Konorad is any indication (no offense), that's not exactly a guarantee of fame or fortune. Although..." Torque considered the idea. "I'm not exactly a fan of the World Government anyway, and joining up with a crew as prestigious as the Star Manes would definitely be the "fast track"." Torque tried to recall what he knew of the Star Manes reputation.

History:

Z2 wrote:I'm not saying we will join them, in fact I very much doubt we will, but sometimes a grand adventure can start with something as simple as a conversation. There's a mystery on this island, a ship to be had, and an 'us' shaped hole in the piracy hall of fame; but first, we have to make small talk.

"Wait, are we supposed to approach her, or is she going to make an announcement, or..."

Z2 wrote:Zenith, wishing to make an... interesting impression affixes his gaze to the dragon, casting a pale before him, so as to be seen only when ready. He trots over to her spot, and pauses just outside of her personal space. Z makes a token effort to enter a position to not get shot if she's startled, and clears his throat.

"...Aaaand off he goes, without a care in the world. What is he...oh, he's doing that "mental blind spot" trick, isn't he?" On the one hand, it would make an impression on Talon that Zenith was able to approach her without her noticing. On the other hand, startling a sniper is generally a good way to get your head blown clean off.

Grey Pen wrote: "You do the talking Zenith. I'm gonna grab a drink,"

Konorad seemed to think Zenith had a handle on things, but Torque decided to follow Zenith to make sure he didn't get himself killed.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Zarhon wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:The spirit Buffalo regards your question.“I once had power real power! But the same devil that gave it to me took it away... Please I just need one last drink my throat is soo dry. Just one more and that will be it...”

Ah, how the mighty have fallen. The rather simple request gives Shallow a hunch that this spirit might quickly brew up into an annoyance, if its "need" is stronger than its will...

"Just one more, eh bruddah? Pardon me for bein' rude, but I've heard dat' tale before... All dat' powah be for noting' if yah' ain't got da spirit and discipline ta' keep it leashed. Don't yah' think it's time ta' drop da' habit, when it already dropped yah' mojo? Besides, how exactly do yah' plan on quenching dat' mighty thirst of yours, without forcing da young bar mares to scrub da' floor afterwards, eh?
Shallow laughs aloud, soon approaching "The Rest". He enters and looks around, hoping to spot the (rather distinct) strawberry stallion, as well as the rest of the entourage. He also tries to spot if there are any "spirit spirits" or regular spirits, that a buffalo would find quenching.
Perception:
You spot Zenith just as he begins to adress the others. You can't see any undead spirits but the bar is fully stocked.

Grey Pen wrote:"You do the talking Zenith. I'm gonna grab a drink," I said resignedly. If he was doing what I thought he was doing, then I didn't need to be there to muss it up; if anyone could talk, it was Zenith.

Not that I was so bad myself, mind you. I just know when someone else is better.

Taking a seat at the bar, I tossed a few bits on the counter. "Brandy Squash," I said, watching carefully to see if he was going to give me a decent drink, while also keeping an eye on the dragoness in the corner. Which wasn't too hard; she was actually something of a looker. It was a little hard, in fact, not to stare...

Perception:
The Bartender digs under the counter for a few seconds before pulling up a Squash and indicating that the price is twenty times what you put down. Oddly enough this is far lower than the market value. You can tell the Squash is perfectly ripe by the light smell of brandy and the gentle sloshing of liquid within.

Lyntermas wrote:

"...Piracy, huh? Not to put to fine a point to it, but if Konorad is any indication (no offense), that's not exactly a guarantee of fame or fortune. Although..." Torque considered the idea. "I'm not exactly a fan of the World Government anyway, and joining up with a crew as prestigious as the Star Manes would definitely be the "fast track"." Torque tried to recall what he knew of the Star Manes reputation.
History:
The StarManes are one of the four pirate crews that rule over the New World the second half of the Grand Line. Also rumors says that the leader "Starmane" Selena is one of the legendary Alicorns.
Z2 wrote:Zenith addresses his allies:

Weeeee~ are here for her!

Zenith chimes as he points to the dragon.

Sniper of the star mane pirates, Talon the dragon. Fame and infamy intersect in this age of piracy, and something such as a 'recruiter' for such an illustrious crew is not an insignificant opportunity. I'm not saying we will join them, in fact I very much doubt we will, but sometimes a grand adventure can start with something as simple as a conversation. There's a mystery on this island, a ship to be had, and an 'us' shaped hole in the piracy hall of fame; but first, we have to make small talk.

Zenith, wishing to make an... interesting impression affixes his gaze to the dragon, casting a pale before him, so as to be seen only when ready. He trots over to her spot, and pauses just outside of her personal space. Z makes a token effort to enter a position to not get shot if she's startled, and clears his throat.

The moment Zenith points her out to you the dragon cringes and once Z gets close enough she speaks up. “Did ya 'ave to shout that entire triad? Oh and that little devilish trick don't work when your voice and 'eart are sounding loud and clear.” Talon then jumps onto a nearby table catching everyone's attention. “ Oi maggots listen!” The entire bar instantly quiets down “ Now me Captain was just a tad pissed off after Ol' Sunny poached that little anarchist so she went and said she was going to get the next big rookie the thing is all of them are small-fry or stone'eads. Now this is where you lot come in the one of you that gets the highest bounty by Sabaody gets considered. Tell yea wat I'll even let yea know where a few good ships are. The 80th branch just took in four five decent ships in and they are ripe for the takin'."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 pm

As the bartender put the squash on the table, I smiled as the price turned out to be substantially lower than normal; which probably meant it was fenced, but whatever. It wasn't like I was one to care. I went ahead and put the extra bits down, and strolled on into Happy Town.

And then the looky dragon jumped up on the table and started shouting.

"Oi maggots listen!"

The entire bar instantly quieted down. I could swear I heard a pin drop.

"Now me Captain was just a tad pissed off after Ol' Sunny poached that little anarchist so she went and said she was going to get the next big rookie the thing is all of them are small-fry or stone'eads. Now this is where you lot come in the one of you that gets the highest bounty by Sabaody gets considered. Tell yea wat I'll even let yea know where a few good ships are. The 80th branch just took in four five decent ships in and they are ripe for the takin'."

History:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Grey Pen wrote:As the bartender put the squash on the table, I smiled as the price turned out to be substantially lower than normal; which probably meant it was fenced, but whatever. It wasn't like I was one to care. I went ahead and put the extra bits down, and strolled on into Happy Town.

And then the looky dragon jumped up on the table and started shouting.

"Oi maggots listen!"

The entire bar instantly quieted down. I could swear I heard a pin drop.

"Now me Captain was just a tad pissed off after Ol' Sunny poached that little anarchist so she went and said she was going to get the next big rookie the thing is all of them are small-fry or stone'eads. Now this is where you lot come in the one of you that gets the highest bounty by Sabaody gets considered. Tell yea wat I'll even let yea know where a few good ships are. The 80th branch just took in four five decent ships in and they are ripe for the takin'."

History:

Ol' Sunny most likely referrers to the captain of the Solar Pirates. The 80th branch probably is the local marines. But you have never heard of a Sabaody in any of the four blues.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:26 pm

I sipped again at my brandy squash as I mulled over the dragoness's challenge. If "the 80th" was what I thought it was, then it wouldn't be too hard to sneak on board and play soldier for a bit. If my friends were helping, then it'd be even easier to take a ship, cargo and all; that'd warrant consideration for sure.

But what did she mean "by Sabaody"? I hesitated to ask, for fear of looking foolish. So I went for a more direct approach.

"How long have we got to do this?" I said in a loud voice, asking the question for anyone else who might share my ignorance. And silently resolving never to use this appearance again, as I realised exactly how stupid it sounded...

Persuasion Check:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Though not his Forte, everypony knows some history. Zenith silently mulls the words over, trying to remember Sabaody.

Spoiler:

...Brain suddenly non functional, Zenith instead blankly surveys the bar, just in case there are some conveniently practical droppable eaves.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Grey Pen wrote:I sipped again at my brandy squash as I mulled over the dragoness's challenge. If "the 80th" was what I thought it was, then it wouldn't be too hard to sneak on board and play soldier for a bit. If my friends were helping, then it'd be even easier to take a ship, cargo and all; that'd warrant consideration for sure.

But what did she mean "by Sabaody"? I hesitated to ask, for fear of looking foolish. So I went for a more direct approach.

"How long have we got to do this?" I said in a loud voice, asking the question for anyone else who might share my ignorance. And silently resolving never to use this appearance again, as I realised exactly how stupid it sounded...

Persuasion Check:

Talon jumps over to where Konorad is sitting and then crouches down to look him in the eye “ You you 'ave til the the count of three. One...”

OOC make three stunts or acrobatics checks to run for your life.

Z2 wrote:Though not his Forte, everypony knows some history. Zenith silently mulls the words over, trying to remember Sabaody.

Spoiler:

...Brain suddenly non functional, Zenith instead blankly surveys the bar, just in case there are some conveniently practical droppable eaves.

Spoiler:

The Bar has gone quiet once again after Talon's threat.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:08 pm

With the buffalo spirit speaking refusing to give up on it's old guilty pleasures, or merely being too inert to reply (you can never tell with drunkard spirits), Shallow walks up to the bar. He briefly takes note of Captain strawberry's attempts at making new friends (how nice for him!), then says to the bartender:

"Hello mon'. Could yah' spare a small shot of some cheap buffalo spirits? Someting' dat' can wake da' dead?"

Persuasion:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Deciding that he never really liked the bar in the first place, the white unicorn makes collected but oh, so, rapid egress out of the bar. As he takes off, just in case, he makes two little tail tugs on his allies with his ponykinesis, his classic 'exit, stage RIGHT NOW' signal. Realizing that no sound or use of his limited magic can aid right now, Zenny takes the other option: RUNNING RIGHT THE HECK AWAY!

The 'plan' has a few stages.
Step one: get moving early
Step two: dodge the less graceful fleeing individuals
Step three: just move fast
(Step 4: Profit?)

Zenith readies a gallop and sets off, hoping not to gore anypony along the way.

Spoiler:

As a surge of adrenaline and a little magic boost leave Zenith a red and rainbow blur, whether or not heads turn he can FEEL the spotlight. He turns and skids on his heels a perfectly self-assured smile on his face.

Heh, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

His horn sparks with a vivid blue light, two layers of iridescent glow ensconcing the ivory spire. At first, all that is felt by his allies is a couple gentle pulls at their tails. Pulls that have a rhythm remarkably like 'Mane and a tail cut, two bits!' Signal given, he hoists them aloft with his potent telekinetic abilities, allies quickly carried from the bar right behind him.

...It isn't until he gets himself and his friends outside that he realizes that threat MIIIGHT not have been for everypony, but better safe than sorry...

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:39 pm

It suffices to say that most of the bar is stunned by Zenith's antics. Talon is the first to recover taking a rather lazy shot at Konorad just barely grazing his cheek. Moments later all the other hopefuls recover and run out the door.

OOC someone needs to roll streetwise to find the 80th branch.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm

I'll admit it. I really didn't mind being this close to a feminine beauty like this one.

But, frankly, her threatening tone was a bit of a turn-off. Oh well.

As I considered my options for escape, I heard an all too familiar voice heralding trouble.

Heh, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Not missing a moment, I grabbed my squash and tossed it upwards, leaping away from the counter towards the door as the pretty dragon scratched me...

And then what? I was floating! It took me a second to realise Zenith was doing it. I made a mental note to try and learn how to carry so much at a later date. Seeing my squash was not going to land by me, I pulled it down with my own horn, hoping no one would notice...

Checks:

Last edited by Grey Pen on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Didn't see all the posts.)
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Zenith pauses for a moment to wait for his allies to get their bearings. He circles about the area, probing for the information of where the 80th is.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:22 pm

You can see that most of the hopefuls are heading in a single direction toward the secondary docks.

OOC Are you still doing the master ponykinesis?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next