Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Stairc -Dan Felder
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Caden2112
Miang
Dusk Raven
11 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 16 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Mitsuna leaned back, opening her ears and baring her soul, begging Noxa for a clearer sign...

...Are you asking me for a GM nudge? You'll happily get it.

Yup. Thank you.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 16 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Ah, the perks of playing a Channeler.  Daring Do 
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:16 am

I should keep that in mind.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:31 am

Eh, Mutus might be a little more... capricious...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Yeah, I figured. Still, it was my choice for her to worship him, so I can't complain.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Eh, Mutus might be a little more... capricious...

...I don't know why this term does it, but know I'm picturing Mutus as the god of revels and hedonism in addition to the change type stuff.

Also:

Crystalite wrote:Mitsuna sat up in surprise at the "sound" of Noxa's Voice. Truly the situation must be dire, if Noxa would speak to the humble Therion directly.

"Of course. Noxa's will be done," she said out loud, before turning to Quill. "Lead on! To the North! Noxa has spoken!"

...Please?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Crystalite wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Mitsuna sat up in surprise at the "sound" of Noxa's Voice. Truly the situation must be dire, if Noxa would speak to the humble Therion directly.

"Of course. Noxa's will be done," she said out loud, before turning to Quill. "Lead on! To the North! Noxa has spoken!"

...Please?

Well, I was planning on having everyone arrive at the destination at the same time, but certain individuals in the other group are making that difficult.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:@Crystalite: You vanish utterly into the brush, right from plain sight. Your companions aren't as... subtle, however. They're still in full view, relatively speaking. But you have the element of stealth on your side. What do you do with it?

Wait patiently, and see how things unfold. Beg Noxa to give her companions the wisdom to not say "Where did Mitsuna go?"

EDIT: If it can be done expediently, try and work around so that the nest is between Mitsuna and the rest of the party.

EDIT 2: What provisions could be made for asking Noxa for favors? I'm not asking for Magecraft level stuff, but I think it could be more than just flavor for my existing talents.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:22 am

Crystalite wrote:EDIT 2: What provisions could be made for asking Noxa for favors? I'm not asking for Magecraft level stuff, but I think it could be more than just flavor for my existing talents.

Well, while I don't want to give Channelers too much of an advantage, I will say that as Noxa is one of your contacts, you can ask her for favors. ...What kind of favor were you thinking of?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:08 am

Nothing at the moment. I just think prayer should be more of a thing.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:40 am

I know I'm new, so I'm no certain, but should we know what the green glow around the eyes means?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:32 am

All Blighted creatures have eyes that glow green. It's one of the symptoms. The area around the eyes also becomes cracked and seeps a green glow. Kinda like this: http://fav.me/d5ktfed
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:14 am

Woah. Blightscornes Twilight is friggin' scary...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:27 am

So, are we waiting on me again, or is this just dead?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:58 am

I thought we were waiting for Crystalite...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 pm

I thought I was waiting on Dusk...

Yeah, I went and hid tonwatch things play out a little, and they never did.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:40 pm

So I guess it's on me, then.

Okay, so I guess what I'll do is... get the party together. And then make stuff happen.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Yeah... Confronted with the evil Goddess ultimately responsible for the death of her family, and the near death of her second family, Rai's first instinct will probably be to attack. Would that be okay?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:45 pm

That is perfectly acceptable. For some reason I really wanted to have her open things up diplomatically, but if you attack her, that's perfectly all right. It's probably what Nemo would have done, anyway.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Okay, I was going to have her do a little Weathercrafting for effect in a big speech before attacking before, and well...

Natural 20! +17=37

Of all times for a Cutie Mark Critical.

I just want to know how nuts I can go here. I'm not going to use it for a direct attack, but...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:01 pm

You can summon a freaking hurricane with that kind of a roll! Damn.

As for the attack... I think how I'll handle surprise attacks is that you get one move before everyone else, and then you roll initiative with the rest.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:57 am

Ah... crap. Like, double ultra mega crap.

Can Paladin try to summon his lava giant and us his heat to disrupt the storm? Not enough to disperse it, as you know, natural 20. But enough to make it so Paladin might be able to get through to Rai?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Well, you can't summon a fire giant outside of combat. Which is fine, since we're technically in combat, but you'd have to spend a bit of time building up the energy for it. Also, I'm not certain the fire giant is physically capable of doing anything to this storm...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:48 pm

SOrry, I didn't mean to lock you guys out of the fight. Maybe if you got Rai's attention, she could let you through.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Well, you can't summon a fire giant outside of combat. Which is fine, since we're technically in combat, but you'd have to spend a bit of time building up the energy for it. Also, I'm not certain the fire giant is physically capable of doing anything to this storm...

Your the DM, you don't have to follow the rules as stated if it fits with the campaign, and I see no fluff reason WHY my character can't summon the fire giant even if not in combat, plus Rai is initiating combat, the rest of us are blocked off, so we aren't in combat. I'm asking if I could bypass the norms and make a check to try and summon my giant without the wait.

As for the storm? Didn't you know that hot air raises? And as the fire giant is very, very hot. He's more than likely going to make the surrounding air very very hot, and make it rise up to some degree, creating an opening that is rather warm, but doesn't have the hurricane force winds swirling around.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next