Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 11 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Cavalry/Fairy Charmer is making an Empathy check to try and determine what Crystalite/Marvelous means when we say "Life has been rough". You, of course, know exactly what we're talking about. How much does Fairy Charmer figure out?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 11 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Thing is, she can guess intent but without knowing more she wouldn't know any details.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:47 am

Wait, I can actually get something out of this?

Logic argument!
Marvel was careful about how she phrased her words. There's nothing in her words to explain her reaction, and I don't have any telepathy skills to "read" her thoughts for information...

But Fairy is a changeling. A creature who feeds off emotion, who has a faulty view of pony psychology... but still has some grounding on the subject. She's deliberately trying to probe Marvel to figure out why she's so intent on finding out what the deal with her head injury was.

She didn't get a response to her question verbally... but empathy, trying to "read" Marvels body language and how she's feeling (I thought) might give her some insight to the ponies emotional state, or the kind of feelings she associates both with the past (which has been rough on her) and right now, in the present.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Well, anyone could get a read of emotions just by being generically empathetic. As said, there's intent but not actual details that could be picked. I guess I could just say "just roll" to simplify things.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Eh...know what?

Forget about it. This worrying over what empathy picks up has slowed things down enough as it is lol. Probably best to get back to the important things of the campaign... I can always try unravel Marvels secrets later lol.

EDIT For context, I really didn't't expect to get anything; just included the roll in case it was necessary, and to convey a sense of how "much" Fairy was probing. Sorry for the confusion.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:21 am

TheCavalry wrote:"As you can see, ms Fortune has a flair for the dramatic."

What was that, Pot? The Kettle is BLACK!?

WHO KNEW!? Gurk!

...We need a better "mock surprise" smiley.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:45 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:"Well, the gardening tools are in the barn." Glorious Morning nodded for the two to follow.  Once they arrived, "Good afternoon Summer Wishes, how may I help you today?"

I'm sorry, I'm a little confuzzled. What do we see here?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Summer Wishes at the barn with the signup sheet for the upcoming event. Fairy Charmer was asking about garden supplies which Glorious Morning keeps in the barn. Since she recognized Summer Wishes, she said hello.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Another question. How bucking behind am I?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Theoretically, 'not very'. The class field trip is still in the bakery so just check APW's posts.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Writier's posts? Okay... I'll just have to find the last page I was on...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:30 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Summer Wishes at the barn with the signup sheet for the upcoming event.  Fairy Charmer was asking about garden supplies which Glorious Morning keeps in the barn.  Since she recognized Summer Wishes, she said hello.

Much better, thank you. Posting...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:06 pm

TheCavalry wrote:"Well, to each their own, I suppose..." Fairy commented.

"Though I can't see the appeal of sports, personally."

Is that a typo? Please say it wasn't a typo.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:31 pm

T was a typo...

But let's roll with it! Big Smiles, Sweetie 

(C'mon...half the fun of an infiltrator is trying to avoid being caught. That's no fun if I stay perfectly in character all the time.)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Do you guys want to use the combat half of the new system? I will note that this is a low combat campaign.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm good with it.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:52 pm

I'm fine one way or the other, assuming I can motivate myself to post more again. Razz

I put a smiley, but this is actually a recurring problem for me. o_O
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Using the new combat means that Winter Dream will get to participate

YESYESYESYESYES!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:34 pm

In theory, he could do that now. That said, the two systems have different options and advantages.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:35 pm

But I like how defined it is in the new system I just pick the companion feature. and BOOM. Done  Very Happy 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 am

Sure, why not. It'll be fun.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Having actually read the combat side of the new system, I can now make a new revised opinion

*Ahem*

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO! I WOULD RATHER BURN IN HELL BEFORE USING THIS CRUDY SYSTEM WHICH DESTROYS MY MAIN CHARACTER'S COMBAT ABILITIES!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Damn. We didn't even have to disagree with him to bring out the red text.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Okay, looking over it again, I can see that this system, currently, feels very limited, so, yeah, changing my vote
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Interesting. Considering the ease of getting Winter to work, what are your primary issues with it?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next