Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Burning Intuition:

How evil! Has Birthday Cake ever met this...gentlecolt in person?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:27 pm

A few times though he's learned not to come in person by now. Most of the town dislikes him and those who don't only classify him as "tolerate". However, he has managed to get permission to run a few charity fundraisers within the town.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 pm

So, are we starting tomorrow? Is everybody ready?  Very Happy
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

I know I am! Now, at least. Ahem.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Jsut a friendly reminder, APW, Zamuel said we don't need Spellbook to use all 8 combat talents, which gives you an extra 500 gold to spend on something random.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Ah, right, I...believe I've actually changed that, but I don't thin I've posted the link.

Well I am now.

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:26 pm

That reminds me. I need to get my combat and fluff sorted.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Anyone have any other questions about the NPCs or the campaign as a whole?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:36 pm

I work under Bitter Medicine, then?

Also, when did Sun Rush leave? If I came here a few months ago, would I have met/negotiated with her or with her brother?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Yep, you'd be assisting Bitter Medicin. Hmm. Guess that means I need to figure out what info you'd have on her others wouldn't.

Sun Rush left about a month ago so you've met her. And, erm...that's not her brother.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 pm

That is a slightly important detail, yes.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:11 am

So, any last minute things that we need to be doing?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 am

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t851-fever-enigmatic

Not that I can think of for most of you. Fury still needs to finish up but I can easily work him in. Campaign started. As previously stated, the main parts of the mystery and the illness will reveal themselves over time.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:13 am

So, may I say that Winter is attending school, or would that cause problems once the campaign gets started?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:15 am

That's fine. I need to figure out a good teacher NPC but there's character development to be had there.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 am

Rolling Empathy(would that be right, or Perception? If Perception, the bonus is 1 point less) to see what this pony's cutie mark is - not just how it looks, but what it represents.

I'll ponder this. Cutie marks can often be oddly vague or lateral to what a pony can do.

Also, if the pegasus is obviously male, pretend Brithday Cake said "Mr." instead of "Ms.".

Ms. is correct. I do try to use stallion/mare (or colt/filly) for ponies if I don't forget. In many of my campaigns, I do err on the side of more female NPCs than male.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 am

Indeed they can be vague or lateral - which is why I'm not expecting a lot of success no matter which attribute I'm utilizing. Razz Still, can't blame a guy for trying.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Right, Storm is finally complete! I think he'll be a new pony in town, with him and his parents only having recently moved in.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:32 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Indeed they can be vague or lateral - which is why I'm not expecting a lot of success no matter which attribute I'm utilizing. :PStill, can't blame a guy for trying.

And to clarify the actual question, Perception would be used for viewing the cutie mark while Empathy would be used for trying to figure it out.

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Right, Storm is finally complete! I think he'll be a new pony in town, with him and his parents only having recently moved in.

I'll need to look things over and do a little back and forth PM communication before he gets added in. But letting you know I saw the post. May or not be able to get to it tonight.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 pm

I don't mind, my fault for taking so long after all.

Also, I think I had too much fun with the combat... there's SO many more options!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:55 pm

One more character for the recurring/already known character list:

Apple Bright
Friendship Gardens' schoolteacher. Intellectual, if a bit absentminded. Terrible vision with her glasses off. Earth pony mare.

And yes, she is an Apple. I need to finish out the pictures for a few of those.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Speaking of new characters. If Equestrian Task Force doesn't work out, I will probably want a spot here if you don't mind.

I will repost the sheet here if/when it becomes relevant. Or, you can go check for yourself.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Worth pointing out that several changes would need to be made if the character joined. Bare minimum, this campaign uses a different set of skills, Jinx is explicitly not a 3 point ability, and this campaign will be using tabletop combat rules.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:56 pm

I know I would have to change the skills and such (Although I had missed the part about tabletop.)

How many points do you want Jinx to cost? Because it's really a pretty critical part of the character.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:20 pm

On the more positive(?) side, Zamuel is letting us bring all 8 combat talents in at a time, so no need for Prepare Spell
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next