Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 4 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Yep. Figured.

The sheet was not designed with this campaign in mind. It will need lots of editing.

Still would like to know about Jinx.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 4 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Jinx! will be 6 points (I believe that's what the cost was increased to before it was officially cut) and I as a GM am not allowing Spellchild to be used on it. I question the duration but I'll see how things go.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Okay. Both points are reasonable. I will start fixing tomorrow morning at the library.

EDIT: Here is the new and (not quite) improved version of Marvelous Misfortune.

Mind, this is a copy of the previous one, modified for Fever Enigmatic. (I decided to preserve the other one.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Why Survival Skills instead of Healing Salve?

Because as a self heal, it heals for more.

This campaign actually uses an alternate skill system instead of the default. I'll be PMing you some more individualized questions at some point. Also, letting you know that increased critical failure range will be noticed. Sunbeam can attest to me being more than willing to try to kill your character creatively make things difficult for a character.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Oops. Totally forgot about that...

I think I'll be investing in some Endurance then. PM me then. Or Skype works too if you want.

EDIT: Noticing in the document that 10 is the maximum a skill can be... I presume that's before training/Cutie Mark/etc.?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Crystalite wrote:EDIT: Noticing in the document that 10 is the maximum a skill can be... I presume that's before training/Cutie Mark/etc.?

Correct.

I'll probably introduce Fury of the Tempest and Crystalite's characters at the same time since they're from out of town.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:29 pm

And introduce Winter Dream into the thing too, right?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:55 pm

That would be a good time to do that, yes. Usually more used to owner and companion being stuck to the hip.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Sent a reply to your PM.

Provided the GM approves, we may be seeing another NPC as well, in the form of Bad Luck; whom I decided, semi arbitrarily, to promote from "teacher" to "adopted father".
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 pm

For the record, I am super excited to interact with Marvelous Misfortune.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 pm

... Oh my. That does look like an easy friendship. Maybe even a downright romance.

I'm getting into a lot of those lately...

ZamuelNow wrote:Against standards of sanity, I will allow the old Element of Laughter renamed as Virtue of Chaos but only one player may have it and I'd need to clear the character first.

Having seen that nobody else has it, I'm half tempted to swap for Loyalty it.... But no. I've got enough questionable aspects to my character already (evidently; he said he would need to "think it over"...)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 am

With most of those issues ironed out, Virtue of Chaos honestly makes more sense for the character.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 am

Okay. If you're willing to roll with it, I can do that.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:41 am

I will note a few things. A couple of the options are "roll again". I will simply reroll as opposed to announcing them unless they come with an accompanying buff/debuff them. I only got up to the mid 80s. Anything that lands higher than a number I have available I'll count as a reroll. The list may be increased over time since I would like to eventually hit the full 100.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm cool with that. Just remember: FLAVOR. The effect I do get should be interesting.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:15 pm

It's a mix. Some are quite basic while others are very nutty and whimsical.

I don't know what color Summer Wish's parents are. Will be of use for future conversation.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:48 pm

If you guys aren't too far into the story, and don't mind a new guy trailing after you, I'd be interested in joining.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:58 pm

There's still space. You'd probably be the last one if you did join. I will note that this campaign has a few non-standard rules but the slower pace and heavier character interaction should help ease you in. What did you have in mind?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:28 pm

If you need ideas, hit me up; I've got an excess.

I think Misfortune is finally ready to move out and move in. Marvelously.

EDIT: I am sorely tempted to change her color scheme just for this pun.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 pm

For some reason the reply button didn't appear on my computer earlier, so if you saw me floating around and not posting...that was why.

Anyway, to business. I spent the time not-posting re-reading the various character races. There are a few I'm interested in, or which have sparked an idea for characters, which is where some...complications emerge. Because this is my first game-of an RPG, let alone pony tales- I figure I'm best avoiding the more exotic races (though the idea of a changeling impersonating someone and being roped into investigating the illness through virtue of their deceit sounds kind of fun).

Looking at the characters already chosen, and the basic races available, I'm leaning towards a Zebra- mechanically similar to earth ponies without just repeating the trend. In terms of how to play it, though, I'm less sure. I like the idea of character building, being social and interacting/talking with people, but I wanted to clarify things before I set to work on my sheet. Are there any particular role gaps that need filling right now?

EDIT Kind of interested in doing some sort of Precision/Horse-Sense character. In video games where it's an option, my first instinct is to talk my way past an enemy, and the second is to stealth through. Of course, I'm also kind of simple and employ the direct approach, so...I don't know if those qualities are what you want in a new character.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:30 pm

We're good to go on Healing and Arcana; not much point to increasing those further. A social rogue would fit well, and be fun to play (but requires a fair amount of thought and a little min-maxing.) A Mechanics build could be interesting as well. I forget how we're doing on the Brawn stats. A fashionista type character has potential too (that leans back towards social rogue, though.)

Combat wise? An Ongoing Damage build could be interesting. It would fit in well, it's simple without being dull or (necessarily) static, and can be quite satisfying when a monster is suffering 15+ damage each round. I can help you build it if you want.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

So many of us made Jack of All Trades characters that the only stat we're seriously lacking in is Mechanics (minor deficits in endurance and might). So non-combat-wise, do whatever you like.
Combat-wise, we have 2 strikers (heavy damage and/or mobility) 1 healer, one support, and Sunset Stroll, whose build is currently a direct port of a skype build, which was already a direct port of another of my character's combat builds, so he is probably subject to radical change if I ever remember the cool ideas I had when I first read the tabletop book. So you can pretty much do whatever there too.

Also, don't worry too much about us. Now that we know you're new, you have license to step on people's toes a little bit. Let the ideas flow, and have fun with things.

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MG0_P2jnFKtn1xJmLF0OLG9pjwJ6GRxoxLowsUaPKkk/edit#gid=0
I got the idea from Copper Rose It's a good way to analyze party stats. I left a spot for you.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Are there any particular role gaps that need filling right now?

EDIT Kind of interested in doing some sort of Precision/Horse-Sense character. In video games where it's an option, my first instinct is to talk my way past an enemy, and the second is to stealth through. Of course, I'm also kind of simple and employ the direct approach, so...I don't know if those qualities are what you want in a new character.

I say play what you find to be interesting. As long as it's not something disruptive, I'm sure many here will be glad to help.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 pm

The social rogue sounds fun, though I'll freely admit to feeling that way because Rarity is one in FiD, and Rarity is best pony.

In terms of combat, I like the sound of ongoing damage. I love getting spells or abilities which guarantee me hits on enemies each round, so I'd appreciate help for a build of that.

And... I know I almost talked myself out of it, but the Changeling idea has struck my imagination. Shape shifting and social rouging sound like natural matches, and even the ongoing damage thing reminds me of their vampiric appearance. Would anyone object to my playing one of their kind, or would that be a bad idea for a first character?

(Speaking of, character sheets are posted through google documents, correct?)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Fun question to consider:
Is your character aware that they are a changeling?

Also, Zamuel, does Sunset Stroll know what event Midnight Clover is talking about? I figure it's the same event that Light Burst is jabbering on about, but Sunset's not exactly present there.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next