Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixie Race

4 posters

Go down

Pixie Race Empty Pixie Race

Post  GamerGoddessDin Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:19 pm

I wanted to play a pixie so I put together a group of skills that made sense based on the D&D 4th Edition Pixie, they run a tad bit over the standard 8 points for a Race but that just takes away from other skills and I have a filtered version that is 8 points.

Filtered 8-point Pixie Race::

Full Pixie Race:
GamerGoddessDin
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Pixie Race Empty Re: Pixie Race

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Looks great. It's worth noting that with the ability system, races are no longer locked to 8 points anyway. Both versions of your pixie work perfectly.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 pm

I had actually used 38 points to build my character to account for the 8 Racial points... Was I not supposed to do that?
GamerGoddessDin
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 pm

GamerGoddessDin wrote:I had actually used 38 points to build my character to account for the 8 Racial points... Was I not supposed to do that?

Err, no. 30 points are all that are allowed in total. The 8 racial points and 5 talents from the previous version add up to about 30 of the new points.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:32 pm

OK, guess the Living Legends books were incompletely updated. They have points in the abilities section but in the level up section it just says "an ability" and it also still has the Races book linked which doesn't say it's taking up 8 of your standard points just that they're each made up of 8 points.

So I take it the Pony Tales books are the originals and the Living Legends are the reflavored ones?

Time to go cut out 8 points of fluff...
GamerGoddessDin
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 pm

PS: Is Expert Skill free now or is it still 2 points?
GamerGoddessDin
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:40 pm

GamerGoddessDin wrote:OK, guess the Living Legends books were incompletely updated. They have points in the abilities section but in the level up section it just says "an ability" and it also still has the Races book linked which doesn't say it's taking up 8 of your standard points just that they're each made up of 8 points.

So I take it the Pony Tales books are the originals and the Living Legends are the reflavored ones?

Time to go cut out 8 points of fluff...

Sorry about that. Things slip through the cracks when there are two rulebooks to keep updated. I'll fix it right away, thanks for the heads up!

I believe Expert Skill is free now as well, yes. I'm hesitant because Philladelphus has been changing lots of things in the abilities system and he might be testing out something I'm not aware of.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

OK, just got the 8 points cut (Expert Skill being free certainly helped, only had to lose The Stare and Overachiever both of which I probably wouldn't use anyway)

Here's my Pixie in case you were interested in it.

Rose: http://freepdfhosting.com/713f3665b9.pdf
Thorn(Her brother/companion/BigFingSword): http://freepdfhosting.com/465182efc8.pdf

Took some artistic license with the no companions in combat rule. In combat her companion is just a talking sword that uses TK to help her wield him since he's 6" 2# to her 12" 4# in his normal form and the same size as her in his Death's Scythe form.
GamerGoddessDin
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Looks great. I like the art you included as well. Let us know how it plays out.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:26 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Sorry about that. Things slip through the cracks when there are two rulebooks to keep updated. I'll fix it right away, thanks for the heads up!

I believe Expert Skill is free now as well, yes. I'm hesitant because Philladelphus has been changing lots of things in the abilities system and he might be testing out something I'm not aware of.
Yeah. I try to keep changes synced between both versions, but sometimes I miss something. I'm working on fixing the LL handbook right now!

And yes, everyone now gets an Expert Skill and Training in two skills at character creation. I haven't heard any complaints about it, it serves as a simple way to increase character flavor by denoting something a character is really good at, and it makes things simpler by removing one more thing people had to think about getting (and realistically, almost everyone would get it anyway), so I don't foresee it changing. The abilities system as a whole should be fairly stable now.

Edit: Phew! Ok, the two handbooks should be MUCH more consistent in terms of rules now. I believe I caught all the missing comments, but if you find one let me know. This turned out to be rather useful as I also found a case in the PT handbook (which was generally the more recent version) where the training explanation was a bit redundant due to the new stuff regarding Expert Skills being added, so that's been fixed and both handbooks have benefited from the clean-up. I also fixed a few minor formatting slips I came across.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Excellent. Thanks for bringing this to our attention GamerGoddessDin.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Wow, make a username to share my idea for a race and almost immediately get commended by the creator of the system for bringing bugs to their attention.

Speaking of races, where are the Pony Tales race listings? I know they've been assimilated into generic abilities now but I think having the race ability templates would be nice still. Make them kind of like GURPS races where the race as a whole has a point cost exactly the same as taking the same abilities without going through a racial template but the race template's there to help you choose abilities for your new 'elf' or 'alicorn' character.
GamerGoddessDin
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Under "Abilities" you can find modern ability templates for the Pony races.

For the Legacy races, you want the Starswirl The Bearded Wing under Official Games and Updates.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:09 pm

I've got some racial templates for Pony Tales written up in a document that can be found in this thread, I'll add a link to the document in the handbook next time I have a chance (gotta run at the moment). And they function much the way you describe, acting as simple sets of abilities that make sense for each race, but are not iron-clad requirements.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down