Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League

+3
Elacular
Copper Rose
Crystalite
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The League - Page 3 Empty Re: The League

Post  Crystalite Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am

Pheonix has no trouble approaching the square, although it does take a few minutes...

((Roll Perception to notice anything especially on the way.))

Sunset isn't able to pick out much, except the incident with her team mates coming about below her.

The Everliving Gentleman knows exactly who this; and realises that it's officially Too Late.

The man takes another drag. "Don't play dumb with me," he says in a raspy voice as he flicks the remaining cigar away. "Unlike you, I came prepared!" He waves his hand inna quick sideways motion, and a long broadsword appears in his hand!

Between that, and his signature catchphrase, the other heroes realise what the Gentleman already knew at once: this is the renowned Gifted named Toolbox, who can conjure a variety of weapons, tools, and other items out of thin air.

Last edited by Crystalite on Tue May 13, 2014 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : iDerp)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu May 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Calvin let out a laugh that, very bizarrely, sounded absolutely relieved. "Oh thank god, I was afraid you were some sort of mind screwer. Now a tool? That I can deal with. So, are we gonna fight orrr..."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu May 08, 2014 7:00 pm

The Everliving Gentleman calmly lets go of Dr Cal.  "Unlike me?  One does not live forever by being unprepared. You're but a mewling kitten before my presence."  He gestures towards his doppelganger.   "I've already had you surrounded.  I wouldn't stand conspicuously on the street then question another's intelligence."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu May 08, 2014 10:39 pm

((Did not realise you were already using black... Although, is it really an issue?))

((Also, not relevant yet, but go ahead and take all 8.))

((Also, I was trying to imply that Gentleman/Toolbox knew each other.))

Toolbox seems to notice the Gentleman now. He chuckles lightly as a grin came over his face. "You too, huh? And what makes you think I didn't prepare for you also? You, who sat at the same, dingy bar drinking vodka tonic with me? I know how you work," he says, pulling out a pistol from the aether and shooting the hologram; it flickers slightly before vanishing. "At least respect my catchphrase a little. Besides, I'm not supposed to fight you. Yet," he says, causong the sword and pistol both to vanish. "I have a message. A simple one. I'm supposed to tell you," He leans in a little closer, taking a step forward to do so. "Staticaster is in town."

((Roll History or Streetsmarts to determine who that is.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 pm

This mysterious person didn't seem to have noticed Iron Maiden, or else didn't care about her. Which wasn't necessarily a bad hting, she might be able to care him unexpectedly. But if he didn't want to fight, then for the moment, IM was fine to wait and see, as well as see if she had ever heard of this Staticaster before.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Calvin shrugs. "Well, I'm all for not fighting the tool until we're more ready. Staticaster, huh? No no, wait, let me guess. I love these games. Are they some super who throws lightning at people, doesn't know the actual meaning of the word 'static', and dresses like a ren-faire larper reject?"

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu May 08, 2014 11:23 pm

SW thinks for a moment. Who's this Staticaster again?
Streetwise:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 pm

The Everliving Gentleman chuckles and shakes his head.  "Respect is difficult to gain and easy to lose. Might want to work on making your catchphrase just a little more..."  He rests his hands on his chin.   "I'm at a loss. Does anyone else here have the proper descriptive term?"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Iron Maiden couldn't resist. "Memorable? Threatening? Less like something a Girl Scout would say to sound tough?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 10, 2014 1:17 am

Just around the corner, out of sight as usual, the semi-eavesdropping Shoot's eye widened. She knew that name.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 10, 2014 2:57 am

The Iron Maiden has heard the name a time or two, but that's it. The Gentleman and Clavin know a little more: in the dictionary under the word "volatile" is a picture of Staticaster.

Sunset Wolf knows more. Staticaster is a Normal who uses a combination of chemical and electrical weapons to create havoc. She was tried and convicted of terrorism and the illegal creation and usage of weapons of mass destruction, and served fifteen years of prison; cut short by the League's need for "villians". The significance of the name is anyone's guess...

Picture:

((APW will get a PM soon regarding what Shoot knows.))

Meanwhile, Toolbox just scoffs. He flicks his hand, and a grenade appears in it.

"There's no pin on this," he says. True enough, you can see his knuckles turningnwhite from gripping the release. "I'm going to walk away now... Is anyone going to put up a fuss?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat May 10, 2014 12:31 pm

The Staticaster? They must be crazy. SW reached out her mind to the other supers in her group. I may be the youngest, but I do know that the Staticaster is damn scary. Chemical and electrical weapons do not bode well for animals, so BO, LL, and I may have to leave most of this terrorist to all of you.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat May 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Cal's eyebrows arched at SW's voice in his head. "Crazy, pissed off woman who uses chemical weapons? Sounds like my ex wife! The two of us should get along great, don't you think? Even so, I wouldn't mind some support."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat May 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Iron Maiden considered her options. She thought that if the guy let go of the grenade, she might be able to grab it with telekinesis and keep it from blowing up. Maybe. But then again, if she did that, he might be able to just summon a new one and they'd have multiple grenades to deal with. First she responded to the doctor's question " Yeah, I'm sure we can stop her together. I'm up for it. Turing to the summoner guy, she asked, " You got anything else to tell us, like where this person is? Or is it just show up, drop a name and say goodbye?" Part of her wanted to just fight him now, since they were all here (mostly) and knew where he was, but she wasn't certain what everyone else thought, and didn't want to get them hurt by being reckless.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 10, 2014 6:31 pm

The man clenches his jaw, and his knuckles somehow get whiter. He loosens up a bit shortly afterwords. "She didn't like that you didn't know who was here. We compromised; you know about her, and now you know I'm here too. You'll have to figure out the rest yourself. But I'm not supposed to fight you yet unless you pick it... So what's it gonna be? My hand is getting tired."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Phoenix hear's SW's voice talking about terrorism, but since he is nowhere near what's going on, he has no idea what she's talking about. And without telepathy of his own, not much he could do to ask. He keeps running towards the square, now in the hopes that maybe he has an edge on everyone else getting to the newest threat.

Still waiting on that perception check result....
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat May 10, 2014 8:44 pm

SW continues on her way to scout the Cube, now looking inside buildings as well as on the streets.
Perception:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat May 10, 2014 8:51 pm

"Hey, I'm not about to start being stupid if you're not, Tool. If you wanna leave, then by all accounts get lost. Shove that grenade down one of the D-class' throats for all I care. Try to make it someone who hurt a kid."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 11, 2014 11:34 am

"No worries, we'll find you soon enough, Toolbox. Sure wouldn't want to ruin that suit with explosives, would we?" Turning to Dr Cal, "Your attire is atrocious, by the way."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon May 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Still waiting...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 am

Along the way to the Square, Pheonix can pick out a familiar figure below him, also headed for the Square. Upon reaching it, Blue Owl flies upwards, shifting into her human form at the last second to land in front of Pheonix.

"Hey there," she says nonchalantly. "Damned crows wouldn't leave me alone. I wonder that their problen is... Any leads so far?"

Toolbox smiles slightly at the Gentleman's comment. "It'll be fun when the time comes. You should meet her spme other time, Staticaster is actually pretty nice now... When she's not blowing up a city," He says in response as he begins walking towards the north. "I'll see you around."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue May 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Cal glances at the Gentleman. "That it is. Call it the downside of a chaotic alignment and rebellious nature, but every now and then I like to remind everyone that they're dealing with a complete bastard."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 13, 2014 12:56 pm

"Nope. Someone said something about terrorists or something. I haven't seen anything, but the Square seems like a good place to blow stuff up and kill people. So I'm going wait around up here and look for trouble. Feel free to tag along." Phoenix continues moving along nearby rooftops, still watching for anything suspicious.

Not sure if obvious fake owl girl- I was thinking for some reason that Copper was controlling her companions, but then again...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue May 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Shoot stepped from around the building and joined the group at large, heaving a small sigh - which by nature of its description, meant she put far more effort than necessary into it. "Nice guy," she intoned.

Shoot initiating conversation? She must have had something important to say.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed May 14, 2014 1:11 am

Cal turned around to glance at Shoot. He was surprised at her speaking, but he tried to hide it. "Are you referring to the Tool, or myself? Either way, I detect sarcasm."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next