Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cirque du Celeste

+7
Paper Shadow
Senshuken
A1C Bronymous
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
mjh6
TheCavalry
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Cirque du Celeste - Page 3 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste

Post  mjh6 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Flare wondered exactly where Newton went, but realized it was up to her and Tale Spinner to finish things off. She spat some sparks of electricity into her left hand (the one not holdin the fliers and tossed them over her. She stepped back  and held her arms out so no one other than her would get sparks on themselves, and not set her fliers on fire. "Cirque de Celeste! See illusions such as these and more! "
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Hela took a few steps back from the dragon. Whops, she thought, thought they were done. I'll just wait a bit longer before asking.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:39 am

Flare held the pose for a minute, then checked the fliers. Assuring herself that none had burned, she started passing them out.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:33 am

Hela waited for the Dragon who was passing out fliers to come around to her before she asked,"Excuse me, I would love to come and see your show. Where exactly are you located?"
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Flashpoint
"Flash! I am offend that you would even think that," the griffin protested. His feelings did sound genuinely hurt... though that didn't entirely hide the quick swipes he gave his talons against the grass.

As for the strange, lumpy mixture he forced on the Pegasus...
It tasted good. Very good, actually; far better than the sight of it might have led a pony to believe.
---
Barkov, Risky Chances
Spoiler:
---
Viper
"My hat?...you know, maybe I should get you a little hat too. You could wear it on stage and we could match. Or a little tiny harmonica for you to blow into. How's that sound?"

Tan laughed as he said it, so he probably wasn't being serious.
Probably.
---
Newton

The trick went off without a hitch; Newton slipped into the crowd unnoticed, their attention absorbed by the explosion.
Which didn't explain the hoofs on his shoulder.
"Well, that was a good one, wasn't it?" the Pegasus chuckled, keeping his voice low... a familiar voice.

A familiar face too, since it was plastered on the side of Three Rings wagon, even if that one was wearing the red flight suit and had less wrinkles.
Cavendish did save something for the main event though, didn't he? Daring Dives, former acrobatic star, asked.
---
Talespinner
Newtons last trick won gasps from the audience, and an appreciative set of hoof stomps. Of course, with Newton gone and the dragon handing out fliers, that left Tale Spinner as the recipient of the crowds good will.

Or, as one voice called out, concerns.
"Where'd he go!" The voice belonged to a foal, pushing herself through the crowd to stand at the foot of the stage, staring in both directions, then up at the zebra as though he were responsible.

"What happened? Are you gonna bring him back? My dad always said Zebras were evil enchanters!"
---
Flare, Hela
The ponies closest to you both stare in slight surprised at Flares electrical display, but they just take the fliers; said fliers contain lists of what shows there are and what acts will be there, times and listings, but no venues.

It's a travelling circus, after all. It's hard to say where you'll be travelling to each time, even on the same circuit.[/color][/color]
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:30 am

"...Ok what did you do. There's no way that hot mess can taste like this."

Perception to see if there's something amiss, and or if I can identify why it's so good (if not "because good").
7+11=18

Last edited by Bronymous on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:26 am

"Like you could be trusted to keep your mind on the job." Barkov shot back with a teasing tone to his voice, a playful smirk on his face as he took the time to look inspect the progress of the circus tent. While its pretty clear that things are mostly carrying on without a hitch, the number of rips that need to be fixed was a slight concern.

Sighing a little as he shook his head, he turned to Risky before offering "We really need to update and replace the tent at some point. You can only keep something together with repair work and good intentions so long beyond its natural life..."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 am

Newton was startled at the touch of hooves on his shoulder and was tempted to leap up into the air in shock, but that wouldn't have ended well for anypony. Instead, he slowly turned to see Daring Dives. Newton never really talked to him back when he was on the tour. Though to be fair Newton rarely talked to anybody without someone leaving awkwardly.

"Er, well... That is, er..." Newton stammered out. "I'm sure, well, er... that... um..."

Newton's voice trailed off, losing volume and clarity as it did. He never was good with this sort of thing.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Flare, jumped a bit at the question, but regained her composure. "That's great. It's not too far." Flare gave the directions as well as she could. Directions had never been one of her skills/
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:18 pm

TheCavalry wrote:
Talespinner
Newtons last trick won gasps from the audience, and an appreciative set of hoof stomps. Of course, with Newton gone and the dragon handing out fliers, that left Tale Spinner as the recipient of the crowds good will.

Or, as one voice called out, concerns.
"Where'd he go!" The voice belonged to a foal, pushing herself through the crowd to stand at the foot of the stage, staring in both directions, then up at the zebra as though he were responsible.

"What happened? Are you gonna bring him back? My dad always said Zebras were evil enchanters!"
Tale Spinner began to chuckle. Softly at first but soon it turned into a hearty bellow. "Moi, an evil enchanter?"

He composed himself and looked down at the foal.
"Don't you disrespect me little foal!
Don't you derogate or deride!
You're in my world now
Not your world1"
A light fog swelled up and rolled over the stage.
"And I got friends on the other side!2"

An exact replica of Tale Spinner walked out of the fog from behind him, from the back of the stage, and sang with a ghostly echo:
"He's got friends on the other side."

Tale Spinner flashed a quick smile at the audience.
"That's an echo, dear ponies. Just a little something we have here in Cirque du Celeste, a little parlor trick. Don't worry..."

Tale Spinner walked along the edge of the stage shaking his head from side to side, glancing at a different pony each time as he sang:
"Come down to the circus
Put your minds at ease
If you relax it will enable us to do anything we please
We can show you magic
We can change it 'round some, too
We'll look deep into your heart and soul
Make your wildest dreams come true!3"

Tales Spinner slid back to the centre of the stage.
"We got voodoo
We got hoodoo
We got things I ain't even tried!
And I got friends on the other side.4"

Two more replicas of Tale Spinner emerged from the left and right side of the stage and joined the first replica as they gathered behind the real Tale Spinner.
"He's got friends on the other side!"

Tale Spinner waved his front leg in an inviting gesture.
"See our show
Come on down
Won't you see the best show ever?
It's...
Cirque du Celeste!"

The three replicas echoed the last line.
"Cirque du Celeste..."
Before the fog dissipated along with the illusions.5

Tale Spinner grabbed a flyer from his stack and held it up for the audiece to see. "Who wants front row seats?" He said with a cocky grin.

1 Using Weather-Crafter here to conjure up some light fog. The 10 seconds prep time is done while singing the first 4 lines. Roll Persuasion: 14 + 16 = 30
2 Using Illusionary Image to conjure up a mirror image of Tale Spinner. The 6 seconds prep time is done singing the song. Set DC to determine it's an illusion is 20 + 15 = 35
(nat20 using the D&D Dice Roller) Illusions can make sounds so he sings the chorus line back at Tale Spinner.
3 Using Illusionary Image again. This one hides in the fog on the left of the stage. Can I still use the nat20 from the previous roll for this DC? If not, a new roll for this DC is 13 + 15 = 28
4 Using Illusionary Image again. This one hides in the fog on the right side of the stage. Same question as the previous one. If not, a new roll for this DC is 12 + 15 = 27
5 using Weather-Crafter here to clear up the fog and restore the weather back to its original state. The 10 seconds prep time is done while singing the last lines. Roll Persuasion: 13 + 16 = 29

Last edited by Demonu on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Flare turned and clapped loudly. This was one of the reasons she stayed with the circus, no matter how much work it was. She got to see performances like that every day, free of charge.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Hela stomped her hooves at the proformance. "Your friend there is very talented. I'm Hela by the way, Hela Prose."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Flare turned back. "Nice to meet you. I hope to see you there."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:46 am

Senshuken wrote:"Like you could be trusted to keep your mind on the job." Barkov shot back with a teasing tone to his voice, a playful smirk on his face as he took the time to look inspect the progress of the circus tent. While its pretty clear that things are mostly carrying on without a hitch, the number of rips that need to be fixed was a slight concern.

Sighing a little as he shook his head, he turned to Risky before offering "We really need to update and replace the tent at some point. You can only keep something together with repair work and good intentions so long beyond its natural life..."
Risky grunts, unamused and now slightly annoyed at the diamond dog's continuance of the joke. "Tha's up to Three Ring. Y' c'n bring it up with 'er, but y' should mind yer place if yer actually expectin' tha' or gettin' Knot back there an act." Risky stares at the tent fabric for a moment, and absentmindedly adds, "It's gottin us this far, least. I 'spect it can carry on for a time more."
He continues to the group setting up the tent and unties the rope from his, offering it to be set with the others.
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:06 am

TheCavalry wrote:Viper
"My hat?...you know, maybe I should get you a little hat too. You could wear it on stage and we could match. Or a little tiny harmonica for you to blow into. How's that sound?"

Tan laughed as he said it, so he probably wasn't being serious.
Probably.
"Heh, heh... how about no?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:55 am

mjh6 wrote:Flare turned back. "Nice to meet you. I hope to see you there."

Hela said goodbye to the dragon. She began walking in the direction the dragon had pointed too. She walked quickly, hoping to get there soon so she could talk to whoever was in charge. She really wanted her idea to work out.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:47 am

Barkob shrugged a little at Risky's suggestion. "Maybe you're right. I won't bring it up with her just yet... but we do need to raise the issue sometime in the near future. As expensive as getting a new tent might be, it would still be less expensive then what would happen if something went wrong and innocent ponies got hurt because something finally gave way at the worse moment possible."

Double checking to make sure that everything was fine, the diamond dog nodded his head to Risky as he started to walk away in order to find their glorious leader. "I'll see you later. I need to go and have a word with the boss."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Flashpoint
Spoiler:
"How offensive! Flash my friend, I am as much a magician as any other; would you ask Barkov or Newton to give away their greatest secrets? Now please, one side- you're blocking the queue
---
Viper, Tan, Barkov, Risky
"The boss? I think I saw her going back to her cart," Tan said, approaching the tent set-up crew with a grin, snake and hat both accounted for.

The other workers took Risky's ropes to one side to run them through the rigging, giving the snake a safe berth.
Spoiler:
---
Newton, Tale Spinner, Flare
"Use words, kiddo," Daring said, laughing. "Like you did up there-"

Whatever else Daring had been about to say was drowned out by the sudden stampede of the crowd. Where before they had seemed politely interested, Tale Spinners display had really gotten to them. There was a sudden push, as half the crowd seemed to pull itself towards the zebra (cheering and shouting intermingling as they clamoured for tickets) while the other half crowded Flare, snatching fliers and advertisements without asking.
---
Hela
At the pace she was doing, it didn't take long to reach the campsite; easy accessibility helped drawn in crowds, after all. Even without Flares directions, it wouldn't have been too hard to find; it was only slightly off the road, and even then it was obvious thanks to the caravans and carts.

A little to the side, facing away from the town, was a rickety, unmanned toll booth. The campsite itself was a flurry of activity, ponies rushing one way or the other to get things ready, and none if them seeming to notice- or at least care- about the new arrival through the gates.[/color]
[/color]
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Hela made her way over to the booth, not wanting to get in anyone's way. It was so busy here. But then again they were setting up for a show. She Looked around the camp to see if anyone looked important and boss like.
Perception:
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm

"I would when I know the tricks already, and they don't happen the way they should. Is it toxic? You make it taste good so everyone eats a lot then pukes out their intestines? I'll tell everyone you're trying to poison us. Again."

Persuasion, then.
16+8=24
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:24 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Newton, Tale Spinner, Flare

Whatever else Daring had been about to say was drowned out by the sudden stampede of the crowd. Where before they had seemed politely interested, Tale Spinners display had really gotten to them. There was a sudden push, as half the crowd seemed to pull itself towards the zebra (cheering and shouting intermingling as they clamoured for tickets) while the other half crowded Flare, snatching fliers and advertisements without asking.
Like he did up there? No no no please Celestia no. Newton didn't want to have to take out the mask. That might bring the crowd back over to him, ruining the effect of his last trick and forcing everyone's attention on him, where they might demand more tricks or more of a performance, and that would end badly for everyone. Plus, it might alienate potential visitors to the circus, and Newton didn't want to undo Flare and Tale Spinner's hard work.

"I'm... er... I'm sure I can do something... Mr. Daring, sir..." muttered Newton.

Of course, whether or not he could be heard over the tumult was a different matter entirely.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:43 pm

TheCavalry wrote:
Newton, Tale Spinner, Flare

"Brace yourself." Tale Spinner whispered to Zazi. "Business is coming.1"
Seeing the crowd rushing towards the stage, Tale Spinner quickly grabbed a a table from backstage and planted it inbetween him and the oncoming customers.
"Alright everypony, please remain quiet and form a single line. The ticket prices are as follows.2"
At that point a flickering billboard appeared above Tale Spinner that read:

ADVANCED SALES
Front Row Ticket: 10 bits a seat
Normal Ticket: 7 bits a seat

BOOTH @ ENTRANCE
Adult: 5 bits
Foal: 4 bits
No CM Special: 3 bits

Please remain calm and retain an orderly fashion as to make ticket sale as smooth as possible. Thank you.

Tale Spinner grabbed Zazi out of his mane and held her up in front of him. "Go find Flare and Newton, okay? I'm going to need some help over here." And with that said, he tossed her up high in the sky above the crowd.3

1 Spending a Magic Point here to use Tenacity in order to recharge Illusionary Image.
2 Using Illusionary Image here to conjure up the image of said billboard. DC set at 15+15=30 (not that it really matters whether or not they figure out it's an illusion or not) Also using Audiomancy to make sure everypony heard it.
3 If you need skill checks, here they are:
- Throwing Zazi into the air: I presume Athletics so 6+14=20
- For Zazi to spot Flare and/or Newton: Perception 6+9=15
- For Zazi to glide towards Flare and/or Newton (flying squirrel don't actually fly as much as glide from a high point to a low point): Acrobatics 8+11=19
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Barkov might have given the strange snake pony a wide berth, but he still gave him a wave and a "Thanks." as he passed him by, heading towards Three Ring's wagon.

Traveling the short distance to the wagon of the circus owner, Barkov paused before doing anything as foolish as simply knocking on her door. After all, she had been one of the ponies pulling the wagons and she might have taken the chance to get some sleep. Disturbing her if she was trying to sleep was a sure fire way to get yelled at and his request denied...

Perking his ear up, he looked around and listened to see if he could get an idea of what was happening within and if it was a good idea to swing by later on. After all, a well rested Three Ring was a... not exactly happy, but definitely in a better mood then normal.

Perception Roll:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Meta:
After passing the rope along, Risky trots to converse with the snake handler, unconcerned about maintaining a safe distance from the snake. He nods to the pony and snake as he addresses them. "Afte'noon Tan. Snake. Trip alrigh'?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:23 am

Hela
There isn't anyone who exudes an immediate air if authority; the grounds are busy with workers. There's more of an egalitarian, communal sense to things. The only ponies who stand apart from the action are Barkov, standing outside a large wagon door, and two broad earth ponies, each wearing vests, talking off to one side.

Besides them, Heka can see what is happening at the kitchen queue and the workers assembling tents, but she can't hear anything.
---
Flashpoint
The amiable look on Gourmets face evaporated, and his beak seemed to curl back as he growled. Before he could say anything, however, one of the workers tapped Flashpoint on the shoulder.
Dud you just say this stuffs poison?"
The ponies face had paled, and he held the bowl away from himself, as if it might be contagious.
---
Barkov
She's never admit it, but Three Ring snored like a saw when she was exhausted; the fact that Barkov didn't hear that nasal sound meant she was probably still awake...
In fact, he could hear the clopping sound of hooves on the wagon floor.

The diamond dogs feet- designed to detect vibrations in caves and tunnels- could feel the pattern in how she walked- no. Not walked...pacing?
She was alone, but she also sounded a little...anxious.
---
Viper, Tan, Risky Cuts
Spoiler:
---
Tale Spinner, Newton, Flare
From her vantage in the air, Zazi can spot both Newton and Flare.

When the crowd surged around them, Daring spread his wings, causing them to split around himself and Newton. Tale Spinners order to form an orderly line cooled the crowd a little. They shuffled into spots behind the table, grinning enthusiastically at the zebra...

Well, with the exception of a foal being dragged away from him.
"Daaaaaaddy! She cried, dragging her hooves. "Everyone else is go in', I wanna see the circus!"

Zazi spun in the air, looping and gliding until she landed atop Flares spines. The younger dragon was left lets ding in an almost empty section of street, surrounded by discarded fliers and pamphlets, the ponies who had been snatching them eagerly rushing to join the line instead.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next