Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cirque du Celeste

+7
Paper Shadow
Senshuken
A1C Bronymous
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
mjh6
TheCavalry
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Cirque du Celeste - Page 4 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Flare sighed and began to pick up the discarded fliers, looking over them to see how badly they were damaged, and whether any were salvageable.

Upon see Zazi, she hurried her picking up things, since she really didn't want to leave this mess.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Hela made her way over to the diamond dog, being carful to stay out of the way. When she reached the wagon she tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me. I am looking for whoever is in charge here. I have a bit of a business proposal I hope to discuss."  
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:24 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Flashpoint
The amiable look on Gourmets face evaporated, and his beak seemed to curl back as he growled. Before he could say anything, however, one of the workers tapped Flashpoint on the shoulder.
Dud you just say this stuffs poison?"
The ponies face had paled, and he held the bowl away from himself, as if it might be contagious.

As Gourmet's look soured, Flashpoint sneered. "Uh oh," he mocked, "Somebody's got a frowny face now." Turning to the other pony he gave him a look, and the turned back and gave Gourmet another. "I don't know, did I? I mean if I'm saying it is, and he's saying it's not... well, up for debate I guess. Whoever wants to chance it can find out for us." Then he leans in tauntingly, and whispers. "That's 8 bits between friends, birdy. Maybe next time just come with a straight answer." Flashpoint turns around hands his own unfinished bowl to the other pony, and flaps into the air.

Fun confrontations aside, I feel like I need to go interact with actual players at some point, so I'll look around for anything or anyone else of interest nearby.
Perception: 8+11= 19
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:57 pm

TheCavalry wrote:
Tale Spinner, Newton, Flare
From her vantage in the air, Zazi can spot both Newton and Flare.

When the crowd surged around them, Daring spread his wings, causing them to split around himself and Newton. Tale Spinners order to form an orderly line cooled the crowd a little. They shuffled into spots behind the table, grinning enthusiastically at the zebra...

Well, with the exception of a foal being dragged away from him.
"Daaaaaaddy! She cried, dragging her hooves. "Everyone else is go in', I wanna see the circus!"

Zazi spun in the air, looping and gliding until she landed atop Flares spines. The younger dragon was left lets ding in an almost empty section of street, surrounded by discarded fliers and pamphlets, the ponies who had been snatching them eagerly rushing to join the line instead.
mjh6 wrote:Flare sighed and began to pick up the discarded fliers, looking over them to see how badly they were damaged, and whether any were salvageable.

Upon see Zazi, she hurried her picking up things, since she really didn't want to leave this mess.
From the corner of his left eye, Tale Spinner noticed Flare walking towards him with Zazi perched on her shoulder. But from the corner of his right eye, he spotted a young foal being dragged away (the screaming also helped) By the looks of it, it seemed to be the very same foal who accused him of being an evil enchanter. Perhaps he overdid it?

"Flare!" Tale Spinner shouted while simultaneously handing over a ticket to an eager looking pony, "Cover for me!"

He walked off from the stage. Or better said, he nimbly and deftly danced his way around the crowd of ponies clammering in front of the table. Passing by Flare, he grabbed Zazi off her shoulder. "Good job, Zazi. Now find Newton and someone will have earned herself a reward." He tossed her back into the air right before he cut off the path of the foal and her father.

"Good day to you, friend." He said to the stallion with a bow. "And a good day to you too, little lady" He added while going down on one knee to be at face level with the foal. He raised back up again and flashed the father a smile: "It seems like you could use this humble zebra's assistance, n'est-ce pas?"

Tossing Zazi: 17+6=23
Zazi perception check: 17+6=23
Zazi gliding: 12+8=20
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:07 am

Upon hearing Tale Spinner's request, Flare was forced to drop her fliers, and rush over to the line. Hopefully she'd have time to pick them up later. Right now she put on a big smile and took Tale Spinner's Place.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:57 am

Blinking a little the vibrations running up the pads of his feet told him that not only was Three Ring awake but prancing around in her wagon of all things, Barkov shrugged internally as he raised his fist to knock on the door of the wagon itself in order to see if the owner of the circus had the time to talk with him.

Just as he knocked on the door of the wagon and heard the wood echo with his knock, a unicorn mare of all things came up to him, pretty much asking him where the boss was. With a warm grin on his face, the hooded diamond dog answered "She is just in here. I was just going to ask her something myself. If you want to go first, but all means Ms..." He let the sentence hang, a hook for her to put her name on.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 am

"Hela, Hela Prose. Thank you for your generous offer. Oh, and what did you say your name was?"
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Viper slithers around Tan, sliding into his hat from the back to whisper "This is the part where you offer to lend a hoof," and slipping out from the same side, stretching out to view what happens...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Newton took a sigh of relief as Daring spread his wings to move the crowd away, only to notice Tale Spinner moving away from his position selling tickets and leaving Flare to do it herself. He came out here to do PR, but none of that would matter of no tickets were sold - and the more people there were selling tickets, the more successful the circus would be, and the happier everyone would be with him. He turned back to Daring.

"I, er... I have to... well... help..." he began.

Rather than finish the sentence, Newton immediately ran up onto the stage and behind the ticket counter/table (mask carefully hidden) to help Flare sell seats.

"S-sorry I was... you know... um..." muttered Newton to Flare, trying to get himself in business mode while apologizing for bolting offstage earlier.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Flashpoint
From his vantage point, Flashpoint can see the order in how the caravans are laid out. Once the tents are up, the wagons will be hidden away by canvasses, attention drawn by colourful cloth...right now, however, there is a sense of community to it, and to the tent being drawn up in the centre of the field.

Most of the community were already at work. There was one who was still resting in front of her wagon.
---
Karliah
Karliah convinced the owners to let her join the circus. Some accepted that. There were others who disagreed with the decision.

For that reason, it was mostly agreed between her and Three Ring that Karliah didn't have to share as long as she pulled her weight.
On the one hoof, she got a wagon to herself.
...on the other, it was because most of the circus would rather sleep outside than share a room with a Changeling.

Which meant the changeling was exempt from Rings work edict, and could take a little while to relax.
Spoiler:
---
Barkov, Hela
Before Barkov can answer, there is a shout from inside the wagon.
"Come in. And Celestia help you if it's not important."
---
Tan, Viper, Risky
There is a long pause, filled with Tan smiling at Risky. At. Vipers sudden suggestion, he almost jumps a little.

Oh. Right. Uh... Hey, Risky. Need any help with anything?"
---
Tale Spinner
The foal actually seemed excited by the zebra's apperance; when he knelt down to her, she started to lean forward, until she was pulled back. Her father, on the other hand, seemed less thrilled.

"N'est-cel pas, stripes," he replied brusquely. He squared his jaw, and glared at the zebra... an effect ruined by his foals giggles.
"Your stripes look funny!" she said, beaming. "Do they hurt? Can I touch them? They look really cool, how did you get them? Can I get them too?"
Her fathers body stiffened at that last remark.
---
Flare, Newton
It was probably for the best that they manned the table together, because Tale Spinner probably did overdo it. There was a press to the crowd that was almost crushing, and it took both of the acts to keep up with them.

A pony with a blue mane and tail that could only be described as sullen stepped up to Newton.
"Uh... one ticket, please. Front row. Adult," he added quickly, his tail flicking out over his flank.

On the other side of the table, a foal with a newspaper cutie mark rested her hooves on the desk.
"So. Level with me," she said to Flare. "Are you really a dragon?"

Last edited by TheCavalry on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Flare blinked "Of course I am." She blew a few sparks onto her hands.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 am

Karliah was relaxing in her wagon, reading a book. Sure, it was lonely all by herself at times, but when you're in a circus, you couldn’t exactly NOT interact with people, as you had to work together on the acts and events after all. So, she was fine having a wagon to herself, gave her peace and quiet, more time to relax... and most importantly, it let her see who would be able to ignore her insectile frame.

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 pm

"Trip pretty rough then?" Risky gives the snake tamer a slightly-concerned look before gesturing with a nod for Tan to follow and assist. He talks as they trot back toward Knot Landing. "Usually y' can at least manage 'Hello yes I am fine thank you.'"
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:50 pm

"Uh, ok. Well here goes nothing." Hela nodes to the Diamond dog as she slowly pushes the door open. "Hello, I was hoping to speak to the pony in charge."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:35 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Flare, Newton
It was probably for the best that they manned the table together, because Tale Spinner probably did overdo it. There was a press to the crowd that was almost crushing, and it took both of the acts to keep up with them.

A pony with a blue mane and tail that could only be described as sullen stepped up to Newton.
"Uh... one ticket, please. Front row. Adult," he added quickly, his tail flicking out over his flank.
"O-okay..." said Newton. "T-ten bits, please."

Newton levitated off a front-row ticket even before the bits were handed over because, sad as this pony looked, Newton trusted him to at least hand over the money. And if he tried to run off with it, Newton could just yank the ticket back. Or do something more gentle, because it looked like the pony had it rough enough as is without some mean old unicorn making it worse.

Wait, what was he thinking? He said a total of four words to the pony!

It's imaginative spots like these that made Newton afraid to say more than he needed, though. Too many "what ifs" to consider. He took a few deep breaths and focused, holding out the ticket and waiting for the money exchange.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Upbeat wiggled in his blankets a little as he woke up, hed been given his own wagon while his cold calmed down, it was wired being on his own but his blasted headache kept giving the others headaches and......wait, where was his headache? it was gone? AWSOME!
quickly scrambling out of the covers,he grabbed his headphones and a mouthful of berries before launching himself outside.

"aunty three rings, aunty three rings " his voice rang after launching himself as fast as possible in the direction that her wagon would likely would be, only to stop as he saw uncle barkov and a strange grey pony standing out side it,
"Uncle barkov!" he gave a sudden shout and launched himself at the diamond dog, giving him the biggest hug the foal could manage "look, im all better now see, no more cold or headaches! now aunty three rings has gotta let me use my wubs again, she just gotta!  
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Tale Spinner
The foal actually seemed excited by the zebra's apperance; when he knelt down to her, she started to lean forward, until she was pulled back. Her father, on the other hand, seemed less thrilled.

"N'est-cel pas, stripes," he replied brusquely. He squared his jaw, and glared at the zebra... an effect ruined by his foals giggles.
"Your stripes look funny!" she said, beaming. "Do they hurt? Can I touch them? They look really cool, how did you get them? Can I get them too?"
Her fathers body stiffened at that last remark.
Tale Spinner beamed a smile at the excited foal. "Afraid not, little lady." He pointed at a stripe on his chest. "I was born with these. And let me tell you," he added with a smile, "the first time I saw myself in the mirror, I thought I had sunburn all over my body."

He looked from the foal to the father and back again. "So as not to worry your father: no, you can't get stripes. Or at least, you can't get my stripes." Tale Spinner winked. "Now, I heard that you wanted to visit the circus?" He locked eyes with the father. "Now what could possibly be bad about an evening of magic and wonder?"

Ignoring the father the second after he said that, he knelt down in front of the foal and extended his hoof. "I can show you the world. Shining, shimmering, splendid. Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

I assume Zazi is with either Flare or Newton for the moment? If possible, I'd like for her to come find her way back to me.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Flying over, Flashpoint sees the wagon belonging to the Changeling. Like a lot of the other circus ponies, he treated her with some distance. Not unfriendly, just didn't conversate with her often. Right now, though, he wonders what she's up to, if she was even still in the wagon. He lands nearby, and then walks up and knocks on her door.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Flashpoint, Karliah
Spoiler:
---
Barkov, Hela, Upbeat
Three Ring looked at Hela...then stared at Barkov, her face deadpan straight.
"What did you do-" she began in a cold tone, when a blue zebra suddenly crashed his way in. The ring leader stared in some shock as the foal hugged his 'uncle Barkov', then smiled.

"Wubs? I think you have some chores to catch up on first, Upbeat," she said, stepping in front of the bed as she spoke- and obscuring the pile of pages and ledgers that had been sitting on the makeshift desk.
---
Risky, Tan, Viper
"Yeah... Don't know what's going on. I'm a little distracted today. I'd probably still be playing harmonica in my wagon if this little guy didn't stop me."

He laughed, gesturing towards the snake as he did.

Anyway, you need help with the tents or anything?
---
Newton
Sure enough, the blue pony dropped the bits wordlessly at Newtons desk, took the ticket and left.

Next to the pass was a colt and his mother.
"Two tickets, please. Front row; two adults, one foal-"
"Noooo, mom!" The small child kicked the dirt. "I want an adult too! Mister Hoop got to be an adult and he's a blank flank too!"
"...two adults," the mother repeated. "And one very spoilt foal."
---
Flare
For a second, the foals eyes lit up, with the passion for destruction that seemed instinctive to foals and which fire provided. The next, she made herself look as non-chalant as she could.

"That's okay," she said, shrugging. "I mean, I've seen cooler, but that's okay... So. After you've finished with your whole fire breaking shtick and sword swallowing routines, you want to be interviewed for the local school paper? I mean- local paper? I beat a dragon living among ponies has a lotta good stuff to tell."
---
Tale Spinner
The foal gunning for her interview was too intent on it to notice the squirrel running up her forelegs, onto her head, and leap into the air. The ponies behind her, however, noticed, cooing a little as the animal extended it's limbs, and flew overhead.

...well, okay, glided, but after what they had already seen, an actual flying squirrel didn't seem so hard to believe. It just made them more excited for tickets.

The filly Tale was addressing however, stared in wide-eyed amazement as the squirrel landed on the zebras head.
"Candy!" her father barked suddenly. "What have I said about strangers?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:48 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Risky, Tan, Viper
"Yeah... Don't know what's going on. I'm a little distracted today. I'd probably still be playing harmonica in my wagon if this little guy didn't stop me."

He laughed, gesturing towards the snake as he did.

Anyway, you need help with the tents or anything?
Risky nods in understanding. "S' alright, we've all got days like tha'. Extra hooves are always appreciated. Sides, idle hooves find dangerous paths, yeh?"
Risky nods in acknowledgement at Knot Landing as they reach the area, before gesturing to the snake tamer and saying, "Knot Landing, Tan Nat. And vice versa," before starting on another rope.
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 am

TheCavalry wrote:Tale Spinner
The foal gunning for her interview was too intent on it to notice the squirrel running up her forelegs, onto her head, and leap into the air. The ponies behind her, however, noticed, cooing a little as the animal extended it's limbs, and flew overhead.

...well, okay, glided, but after what they had already seen, an actual flying squirrel didn't seem so hard to believe. It just made them more excited for tickets.

The filly Tale was addressing however, stared in wide-eyed amazement as the squirrel landed on the zebras head.
"Candy!" her father barked suddenly. "What have I said about strangers?"
Tale Spinner bowed. "Tale Spinner." He said, careful not to drop Zazi. "The name is Tale Spinner, at your service." He straightened himself out. "Now that I have told you my name, I am no longer a stranger, wouldn't you say?"

A quick glance at the situation however told him that things weren't going to improve anytime soon. "Well now sir, I don't know what beef you might have had with other zebras." Tale Spinner smiled, "but believe me when I say I hold nothing but the best intentions for everypony I meet." He took Zazi off his head and muffled her into his mane. "I can see that you are short on time and I have to get going as well so how about we settle this with a challenge?"

A twinkle began to dance in his eyes. "The wager is as follows," he said as he raised his right hoof. In it was what looked like a regular ticket but with a silvery shine to it. "If I win, your daughter is free to attend a show at Cirque du Celeste by means of this VIP ticket which allows for a free snack and drink of choice and a meet and greet with the circusfolk." He winked at the foal before looking back at the father. Tale Spinner muffled the ticket into his mane where Zazi grabbed hold of it and raised his empty left hoof. "Now should you win, I shall take my leave and vow to never bother you or anyone you know ever again."

Putting both front hooves back on the floor, he grinned at the stallion, looking more and more like a Cheshire Cat with each passing moment. "Do you accept this gentlecolt's challenge? Or shall I just go ahead and hand the ticket to your daughter?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:02 am

Karliah looked up from her book at the sudden knock on her door. Surprised to have anyone coming to talk, for whatever reason. Rolling onto her stomach, the changeling bookmarked her book and put it aside before pulling the top portion of the door open to see who it was and to talk to them, without inviting them inside of the wagon.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Flare tried to hide her surprise. She was just the roustabout. She was the one who picked up the fliers afterwards. She wasn't supposed to draw attention to herself. But at the same time... "I'll probably have things to do right after the show, but once I'm done with those, I'll see what I can do."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Hela raised a hoof as if to say something, but decided to wait. She didn't want to upset the boss.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:31 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Newton
Sure enough, the blue pony dropped the bits wordlessly at Newtons desk, took the ticket and left.

Next to the pass was a colt and his mother.
"Two tickets, please. Front row; two adults, one foal-"
"Noooo, mom!" The small child kicked the dirt. "I want an adult too! Mister Hoop got to be an adult and he's a blank flank too!"
"...two adults," the mother repeated. "And one very spoilt foal."
"O-okay..." said Newton.

Newton reached for the tickets but noticed the... poutiness, he thought, would be the best way to describe it... on the foal's face. He didn't want anyone to go to the circus angry, so he thought he'd do his best to perhaps cheer the child up. Pulling out a small sticky note and a pen, he doodled a quick message message - "You're an adult to me. - A.C." - stuck the note over the foal ticket, and handed the three tickets to the mother.

"H-here you are," said Newton. "T-tickets for the adults and... young adult... with the, er... foal discount."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next