Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:42 pm

"Once captured, he's to be turned over to the authorities.  It may be more personal for the Keep but his actions do make him a criminal.  There is space to contain him since part of the attack on the base was relatively targeted.  While what was stolen is a replica and thus not an artifact in itself, we want to prevent other artifacts from falling into the wrong hooves.  I just wish we knew more of what to look into so we're better prepared.  Speaking of preparations, let me get you his photos.  Also, your translation guide is ready, Hector."

Spreading a few photos across the desk, she pointed at one of a particularly well groomed donkey.  His coat was a sandy tan and his eyes were a mint green.  There were a few other group shots from expeditions, many of which also had Brisk Iron.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Dr Blight Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:07 pm

"Pardon but did you say 'clockwork dragon'?"

She blinks at the photos laid out. Looking through them and trying to get a feel for the donkey depicted within.

"What kind of, err..., donkey was he in your experience?"

ooc:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 pm

"What do you mean?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:25 pm

"Well, for example: Did he have any notable quirks? Was he arrogant? Was he particularly adept at some skill that would make capturing him difficult. Did he have any notable weaknesses that could be exploited to do so? In my experience, anything that can help you get inside the mind of a criminal can be quite helpful in apprehending them."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 pm

"Ah. He's a bit of a charmer yet tends to let others speak.  While this is so he can try to get a read on them, it does mean you have ample chance to blindside him.  However, he can react quickly to changing situations so you have a limited window.  The bigger problem might be any help he's hired."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:26 pm

"I sincerely doubt it, but just in case: do we know who he may have hired? If not, can we find out?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 pm

"Considering it's been thirty years since his disappearance, he could have hired anypony in that time period. However, my best guess would be the mare you've nicknamed Mad Hatter. She did make the theft after all. If only we had more information on her or at least a name so we'd know where to start looking for such info."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:30 pm

"Could you possibly describe this pony, its unlikely but if they're particularly distinctive perhaps I can put a name to the face? It's a slim chance without seeing her myself but it is possible I may have seen or heard something while working with Trotland Yard I suppose."

history again:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Get up off the floor and walks over to the table to look at the pictures.

"So this guy is good at reading people, eh? Ha, I'll just act strange round him to throw him off. He will never see me coming. Both figuratively and literally."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:22 am

ZamuelNow wrote:"Considering it's been thirty years since his disappearance, he could have hired anypony in that time period.  However, my best guess would be the mare you've nicknamed Mad Hatter.  She did make the theft after all.  If only we had more information on her or at least a name so we'd know where to start looking for such info."

Hector began rubbing his chin.

"...Skale mentioned that both he and the Hatter worked for C.O.I.N., right? So, send someone undercover to C.O.I.N., and try to hire someone. Ask around, find out who's not for hire. We may find out more about Mad Hatter this way; or, better yet, snag a lead to our donkey friend."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:05 am

"We would need more information before infiltrating COIN would even remotely be a possibility. As far as the question of this "Mad Hatter", reports list her as a blue unicorn mare with a black mane and red eyes."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:17 pm

"Okay. How about putting someone on getting that information?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:49 pm

"A group willing to create damage on a global scale, who has tried to hurt those in my employ, kidnapped a princess, and may be connected to one of the most traumatic moments of my life and you DON'T think I have somepony looking into it?  If you're joking then that's in poor taste and if you're serious then I question just what's going through your head right now."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:10 pm

"I am serious. And what's going through my head is 'Why don't we know anything about them?' They've infiltrated our ranks on several levels. They've stolen at least one artifact: and no, it makes no difference it was a phony. They still slipped past some of our best security! We. Can't. Have that! So, with all due respect, Director, your somepony needd to be trying harder, and probably would love some extra help. In fact, I happen to know a hippogriff who wouldn't mind lending a claw, if you don't have something better to be doing with him."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:55 pm

"Well, what would you suggest?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:44 am

"Coin is a world wide criminal organization that relies on heavily hired muscle. I don't think they are the kind that calls the referrals on your application. They look for ponies who are willing to do the dirty jobs and not ask a lot questions."

Nightshade giggles to herself.

"You would think with my lethal background and flexible moral code I would be of a high interest on their recruitment wish list. But at last I'm working for you guys now. It's funny how the wind blows."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:14 am

"That's... Actually a pretty good idea," Hector replied to Nightshade's comment. "I, too, could certainly be of interest to them. It sounds like either of us could infiltrate COIN."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:21 am

"Hector, you spent 15 minutes goading and intimidating a coin employee you were face to face with, after beating the light out of them. I have a feeling they know you work for STOMP." Grease says. "Nightshade might have a chance, though."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:15 pm

"However, Skale hasn't had a chance to report back so Hector could be a viable candidate.  Hmm. It's possible I've been looking a bit too above board in searching for COIN.  I'll need to see who the Keep has blacklisted and try to seek them out covertly.  Gearick and Ruby Blossom, you're to follow Major Delight's orders on the expedition."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:54 pm

"Well, Hector might have a better chance when we imagine. If they believe he is muscle for hire then his loyalties lay with his pay check and not the employer. Any self aware evil organization who outsources minions realizes most of their henchponies come from various backgrounds and sometimes even from rival organizations. Besides it depends how far up the chain of command this Skale fellow is. Aside from being cheap most of the hired thugs are expendable. If captured they are abandoned and normally not let back in for security reasons. Even if we did let him go he might not have anyone to report too."

Ponders for a bit.

"Which would explain why most evil organizations don't care to much about past work history. Cheap and expendable labor is the back bone of the criminal word."  
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 am

Ruby nods.

"Very well, I have no objections."

She reaches up with a hoof to readjust her hat before turning to look over her teammates. Trotson bleets in surprise when this action causes him to become exposed and scrambles to hide again. She hums in thought for a moment before smiling.

"Well, if we're entertaining this idea of infiltrating these COIN chaps, why not use your current employment to your advantage? Claim to be a disgruntled former employee or two looking for better pay and more, shall we say, lax ethics? Who knows, you might even be able to set up an ambush for this Braynor chap! Drop a hint here or there that before you left the keep, there was talk of moving some 'fancy dragon artifact' somewhere for safe keeping for example."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Gearick had kinda... shut down during the conversation. The sheer insanity of his teammates making his brain throw up its hooves in the air and give up... temporarily at least. He kinda switched back on when the old-gentlecolt talking teammate began to be smart about chasing down their target and asking about his personality. Which was good, Gearick hated working with idiots.

Once Hector started trying to boss Brisk Iron around and tell her how to do her job as if he had more experience in the matters though... well, Gearick’s mind shut down again. So he kinda missed the entire idea of infiltrating COIN at first. When it was mentioned that he was going to be following the Major’s orders, it switched on again, and his eye arched. Before he could comment, he overheard them talking about infiltration and shook his head, saying.

“I’m not so sure this infiltration is a good idea. I wouldn’t be surprised if they knew about most members of the Keep. What worries me more though, is that none of us really have a skill-set which helps with any form of infiltration, or any training. I think its best that for now, we simply focus on our jobs. Retrieving and securing the wand. There's people that do infiltration as a job, let them do the infiltrating whilst we wait for the decoy to be activated.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Nightshade turns to Gearick and says in one long, rapid breath.

"I realize your probably paying more attention to these details then I am but I got this small inkling in the back of my mind that this could be trap. This guy, donkey-whats-his-name, is an ex-employee. Meaning that he is probably an expert shiny nabber and could tell a fake just by looking at it. He could also be familiar with all the teleportation locations we use. What if he is sending his goons to a remote location to activate the decoy knowing we would send our most elite force to capture him and then when the keep defenses are thinned out strike again!?"

Inhales deeply from lack of breath.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Gearick just sighed at this, before saying. "Please do not start the 'I know he knows that I know' chain of logic... especially as yes, it could be a trap, but at the same time, it could be not. And even then, the Keep can hardly not defend itself without us."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:33 pm

"I would hope they don't know who's in the current STOMP team since that would mean we have a saboteur in our midst.  However, the wand is a matter we presumably do have information on so that needs to be taken care of.  Meanwhile, the papers you wished to have transcribed should be ready now, Hector.  End of the hall to the left."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next