Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 6 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Crystalite Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Hector pondered the information briefly. "Interesting. Although I must question the term 'dangerous artifact' i this case. You're a Guard, you should know the old saying; 'There are no dangerous weapons, just dangerous ponies.' Or is there some sort of uncontrolled side effect?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 6 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Many artifacts are naturally dangerous.  I've heard of ponies being reduced to a state of incoherence from merely touching a statue.  I've even heard of some statues getting up and attacking when they see somepony.  This wand doesn't do those kinds of things.  It can't even shoot out a beam of magical energies.  However, controlling the sun and moon is a very valid problem.  You don't want it in the hooves of dangerous ponies.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:07 pm

"My but that does sound like quite the afternoon romp! Begging your pardon, but I AM new here. What exactly is the policy if retrieval proves to be a touch...unfeasible? Would keeping it out of the hooves of the wrong ponies be more important than keeping it in one piece as it were? Or would such desperate measures be, themselves, hazardous?"

ooc:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:57 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Many artifacts are naturally dangerous.  I've heard of ponies being reduced to a state of incoherence from merely touching a statue.  I've even heard of some statues getting up and attacking when they see somepony.  This wand doesn't do those kinds of things.  It can't even shoot out a beam of magical energies.  However, controlling the sun and moon is a very valid problem.  You don't want it in the hooves of dangerous ponies.

"You missed my point," Hector responded. "Is this wand thing inherently dangerous, or merely dangerous when intended? Because if it's going to skin us alive or drive us insane or make us allergic to shellfish I'd like to in advance, please and thank you."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Major Delight scowled in disgust, "Were you not listening?  I just said it didn't have such dangerous effects!" "Delight, second language employee.  And even if not, you know not to come here with such an attitude.  As far as returning the wand or not in one piece, I try to allow those out on the expedition to use their judgement."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Nightshade relies in a cheerful voice.

"But unknown side effects are half the fun of discovering new artifacts. It is a shame this one doesn't have any. If you are concerned about a relic making you insane I could handle them from now on. To ease you're mind."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:01 am

"Why? Because you're already insane?" Hector deadpanned. His eyes then lit up slightly. "Actually, that might work. Maybe it would drive you sane."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:16 am

Grease chuckles. "Well then, all of us are interested, Corporal," He says, winking at Gearick. "Where are we going?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:31 am

"No doubt in a temple somewhere," Hector mused.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 am

"I'm thinking a cloud temple." Grease says conversationally. "All pure and white on the outside, dark and thundering on the inside. It would be a gorgeous defense system."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

"Before you go fantasizing about temple security, the primary concern of the moment is that both the monocle and the wand are a concern. The team will need to be split."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:48 pm

"You should've said so sooner. I say Gearick and I split, the rookies split, and Hector goes where he chooses. It splits leadership well, and since Gearick is going one way the other unicorn can come with me. Any objections?" Grease says, grinning as usual. Then a spark passes between his eyebrows, and his smile quickly fades. "...Or, the two rookies could go one way with Hector and Gearick and I can go the other. Any objections to that?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:04 pm

"Perhaps it would be better to determine what each task entails and divide the group according to how best our talents fill those roles?"

She suggests with a slightly nervous flick of an ear.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:13 pm

"I'm leaning towards Grease, Nightshade Glimmer, and Hector Gildedwings keeping on the ready for the monocle while Gearick and Ruby Blossom secure the wand since Major Delight will be accompanying."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 pm

"Sounds alright by me," Hector said in agreement.

((I forget: Is Delight a pegasus? Or some other race?))

Last edited by Crystalite on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:56 pm

"I'm fine with whatever. As long as I get to play with that wand when I get back."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:49 pm

"S'cuse me?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 pm

"Take my advice, Hector, and just let her flow over you like water in a hydraulic system. Note it, but don't respond to it." Grease says, grimacing.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:06 pm

"Uuuuhm, noted." The hippogriff backed away very slightly. Although, he noted, That does seem to be the way of it with mares in general.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:35 pm

"Alright, so where is the location of each of these objectives?" she pauses for a moment "And how will get there? Is the teleportation room still down?"
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm

"The wand is closer than ever expected.  During your not particularly covert discovery of that clockwork dragon, it seems there's a secondary set of tunnels even deeper than those leading to it.  The wall marking matched the reference materials we have on the wand." "As far as the monocle, that's a waiting game of sorts.  We have teleport capability for when it is activated.  Here's hoping we have a Keep facility nearby."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:03 am

"With all due respect; no. Let's do better than hoping, please. I'm no magician or tech expert, but I think we can do better than that."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:31 am

"It's a basic matter of logistics. We can only jump to designated spots so we're beholden to wherever they attempt to use the monocle. Thankfully, there are many locations across the world and the monocle can be tracked once active."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:46 pm

"So we are just going to sit on our hooves until he make a move? I'm cool with that. I get paid by the hours."

Nightshade rolls over.

"I'm a bit curious, since I'm part of the Ancient Relic Recon & Recovery Group and seeing how this mission really has nothing to do with bringing back an artifact, what's the goal here? Just to capture this guy? Do we even have the authority to arrest someone? Are we even zoned to hold prisoners?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:00 am

A spark snaps on Grease's tail, and his eyebrows rise a little. "That is actually a good question. Are the prisoner facilities back in order yet? And what are we supposed to do with Brayner?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next