Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

+8
mjh6
Elacular
tygerburningbright
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Xel Unknown
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

I asked elacular a question and I'm waiting for an answer.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Hey Copper... Would you mind cluing us in on the Lady Knight? I have no idea what it is.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:34 am

Oh, the Lady Knight is a fantasy series (or at least the first four books of the series) that I actually like irl, and it translated well to pony.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Your post got buried in all the flirting and I forgot about it. Oops.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 pm

So I finally watched the season finale. At least now I know where we're going if someone says to take shelter in the palace.

Also, you weren't kidding about having a guest room. And then some.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 pm

sunbeam wrote:So I finally watched the season finale. At least now I know where we're going if someone says to take shelter in the palace.

Also, you weren't kidding about having a guest room. And then some.

Or about Tirek's week long campaign of terror and destruction. Why do you think Ponyville has an emergency vaulty-shelter-thingy-that-I-totally-know-the-word-for?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:48 pm

So I have several protection based combat abilities. I don't have a corresponding non-combat ability because I didn't think I'd be in a situation where they'd be useful that wasn't necessarily combat. Is there any way I can use things like shield (which for me is literally pulling a spur of rock out of the ground to act as a shield) to, say, protect someone from falling debris?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Are there any non-ponies in the groups? Rainbow Dash said everyone instead of everypony...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Are there any non-ponies in the groups? Rainbow Dash said everyone instead of everypony...

...You don't see any... </gmface>

In reality, it's a habit of mine. Shockingly, I do some non-pony writing here and there (GASP!) and so I don't always think to translate to pony-speak. (Although I'm pretty good about "hoof/hooves" over "hand/hands".)

As long as I'm here, you might benefit from checking the Absence thread...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 pm

General Knowledge: 6+2=8

I haven't had 2 in a skill in a very long time. It's quite entertaining.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 pm

General Knowledge:
Roll(1d20)+5:
8,+5
Total:13
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 pm

General Knowledge: 13 (roll) + 15 (skill) = 28
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:47 pm

sunbeam wrote:"A-0, the filly is in a solid-looking barricade. I think she might try to leave on her own. Is there anywhere else you need me?"

Can I get an answer to this? I figured it would have come in right about the same time the explosion happened.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Nope. No response from Rainbow Dash; interpret that how you will. Meanwhile, your filly is trying to escape...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Yes, I noticed. Also there was an explosion.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:45 pm

5+7=12. Well, I already made a post unaware of whatever I was supposed to be perceiving, so I guess that works.

Also, I'm casually wondering whether kid has certain goat-related connotations in Equestria or not.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:46 pm

sunbeam wrote:Bubbling Spring jerks back around at the sound of an explosion and leaps back over the barricade, very confused to find everything more or less how he left it. He registers that the lavender filly is trying to run away again and picks her up with his magic again, bringing her to eye level. "Kid, Where exactly are you trying to go right now? Do you have someplace you need to be?"

This same filly made an Athletics check and hit a 20. Top that with an Arcana check and I'll let it be.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:53 pm

13+14=27

I still can't make a DC 21 perception check with this roll.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Water curses, trying all she can to use the water to put out the fire. (Do I need to roll something here?)

Soft yelps, jumping back and out of the way of the mare. "I'm not here to attack you or steal anything, I-... wait, are you stealing stuff!?"
Initiative roll:

You get to go first, I got an 8.

Note: For purposes of combat, the fire is also considered a creature, and a viable target for attacks. It can hurt you.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:16 pm

...Uh, guys? It's been two days... Is everything okay?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Ugh, I thought I'd posted... sorry, I'll get to it.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm

I think mj and I both expected the other one to take point. Sorry about that.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Better.

Copper Rose wrote:(Hold on, I specifically mentioned not letting the water touch the oil. Why is it splashing on me?)

...Because when I designed it's attacks I didn't think about alternative flavors or ways to reward your flavors. Sorry, I'll work on it for next time (Even this early version is pretty fun.)

...Hmm. Maybe I should make a monster compendium as we're going...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:19 pm

I think the noise Wandering Eye was reacting to was the fake explosion from Lavender, but I'm not certain.

Also, do I get a result for trying to jump through the open window? I'd like to point out that this window was big enough for Water Drop and Glowing Soft to get through together.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:24 pm

... Me damn it, Twi The forum ate part of my post it seems. Fixed.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next