Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 7 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:11 pm

My mistake, I must have missed it. I'll edit my post.  Cheerilee Derp 
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 7 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Copper Rose Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:03 am

Copper Rose wrote:[spoiler ="Rolls"]Perception:
Roll(1d20)+14:
16,+14
Total:30
Arcana:
Roll(1d20)+12:
14,+12
Total:26
EDIT: forgot about FK: puzzles, so I guess +5 to both of those rolls?[/spoiler]
Caden2112 wrote:"That's enough. They provided the rope, we can tie their mouth shut later." Shadow shrugged, taking a moment to think. All this shouting was giving her a bit of a headache, and it didn't help that she hadn't fed in a while. Still, as Storm grabbed the key, she blinked in surprise. "Well, that's that mystery solved. Now, most keys fit a lock. Anypony see a way out of here?"
Now, I know the roll was made a while ago, but I think that getting a 30 in Perception deserves at least a little more helpful detail than I got, like is there anything that could be a keyhole? (sorry I haven't been posting, distractions happen quite easily now)

Just saying
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:18 am

sorry haven't been posting internet/power has been down all weekend.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:45 pm

So, I believe I just gave Xel's character even more to rant about. Razz
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Err... I think I can save myself thank you very much... Would prefer to do so.. I mean there are walls that can be climbed by Spider Climb right? Besides I've got the following to save my flank from the lava... As long as the wall is climbable by Spider Climb I'm totally ok. And even if not, still only at worst would need just an extra skill check from me. XD

what I got:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:04 pm

You do know that my character knows absolutely nothing of your character's ability to climb walls, right? And that as he was kinda thrusting his face against yours, your definitely on of the ponies he's gonna be grabbing? So unless you react faster than Storm, your unlikely to be able to get to the wall before he nabs you and takes off.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:06 pm

You've got a point... Therefore my character is going to try and ask nicely in character her idea. Cause I just don't trust a 22 to save both of our lives that easily. Ok?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Sure... I'm gonna wait for the DM's and other ponies response first though.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Fair enough... But personally I really want to just save myself on this task ok? Would show off my character's skillset at least if it happens.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 pm

I'll see what I can do... on and something else I forgot to add, but Storm put the key in between his teeth after shouting.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Um... GM what just happened? Is it me or did you just turn a dang 30 weather crafting roll into anti-help?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Actually, if you read it, it turned into a -massive- updraft. Which is good when the objective is 'go up really fast.' The only thing is the phrasing of the rolls is making me wonder if she just means the fliers or if everyone can participate. (Mental image of doing air-breaststrokes to try and control the 'flight' is amusing.)
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm

But in my mind... Huge updraft... Means people might not be able to hold on and be thrown into the lava... Because logic. And nothing said we exited upto the opening... OR WHAT IT IS THE GM WANTS OF US TO DO NEXT IN TRYING TO GET TO EXIT IN THE SKY!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:13 pm

I have less then no clue what just happened...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:31 pm

The basics? The weather control pulled all the moisture in the area into one spot, which then got relised when the lava reached it.
This caused a massive updraft that literally blew all your characters skyward, now while I have no real clue about how this would actually work if tested in reall life we can asume the left over weather magic helped.

The rolls are really just to see how well you re-orient yourselves while after the shock, but there are ways to change your direction by angling your body and 'other' means. (Other being magic/abilitys)

In simple terms your currently going up a shaft being propelled by a strong force, ahead of you is the ceiling and below you is lava, at the rate you are going you will most likely hit the ceiling and bounce back down, dealing with both fall damage and lavary death.
The good news is there is a larger room above the shaft with plenty of room on either side, your goal is to get here so you dont die.

Any better?
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 am

Ah. And as an aside for the rest of the class, I do have flash escape fully upgraded, so if worse comes to worst, I can just teleport us into the hole and let the updraft carry us. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:05 am

So... Will we be able to see this room up the shaft? How close is it to the roof, and how far away is Storm from it?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 am

Think of it as a five story building with the first story being the lava, around the third you would have a good idea that there is a larger room above this one.
Thats where id say you were around by now, though by all means post how you intend to get into the room as the velocity your going at is more then enough to drive you sufficiently upwards. You just need to throw yourselves/ maneuver / over, relativly easy in that id give this a low moderate difficulty.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Yes you can change forms xel,
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Then totally the Spiderling has removed her Disguise without meaning to... This will be humorous to her... She needs a little humor with herself as the butt to calm down from her bit of crazy and rage at everyone at this point.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:15 pm

This'll be fuuuuuun. Also I'm gonna wait for either the results of my perception check or everyone else to post before Shadow notices. She's not looking at the moment, after all. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 pm

By the way, is all of my headcanon of Spiderlings canon to your view of them Caden? Or at least canon in the terms of how your changeling will react either vocally or metally?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:48 pm

I'm taking at least the 'preys on them' part, as any ecosystem has predators and prey, and most creatures tend to end up as both.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Coolio.. Biologically Spiderlings sorta /need/ to feed on changelings to be super-powerful OP... But my character has never feed on any changelings so in terms of Spiderling power level... She's basically lucky to still be alive so long. Changelings in my headcanon don't need to eat biological matter, but they can if need be... They only dine on spiderlings as a way to insult spiderlings I'd picture, but they get no real benefit out of it outside of bragging rights.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:12 pm

... So Spiderlings EAT changelings?!

That... Was unexpected...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next