Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  GafferBot Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:39 pm

The member 'Xel Unknown' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 3
GafferBot
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:43 pm

And this dicebot is an improvement then the one we had before it... The old one would be the same...only it was shown as apart of the post... But IF YOU EDIT YOUR POST THE DICEROLL CHANGED TOO! Along with the factoid you only saw your dice result after you post. You'd need to do the diceroll and be able to see the result midpost would it be helpful to game playing you know?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Don't worry xel i'l find away,( intro script is actually really easily accomplished for any character due to the plot), though this is the first time i have come across the concept of a spidering, anything in particular about them i need to know about them ?
also you by far are the one i'm having the least trouble tying to the main plot as far as character development goes at least.

I can see how the dice roller could be a problem, rolz does however does seem like the fairest option at this point , though i will wait to see what everyone else has to say about it.

....And no non of you will meet in a bar/tavern ect,

P.S: in regards to tyger's character id like to ask your opinion on what you think painting would come under, maybe i should handle it like weather crafting does?
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:01 pm

I have to be honest, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable using rolz. I'm not trying to cause trouble (and if you guys all want to use it, I'll give up y spot to someone more accommodating)... I just tend to be kind of uncomfortable trying new things on my computer without getting them checked over first.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Normally I've seen all other known games just use whatever dice-app they wish to use. And they post screencaptures of the nat-20s (and nat-1s if they want) to prove things. Or that's what I've always been doing the usage of Rolz.org is normal for me... Just a diceroom for pbp is odd and just an idea that never took off as that useful in my opinion. Just adds an extra step into the dicerolling process. But as I said, that's just my opinion and if the rest of the group wants to use a diceroom I'm game for that.

EDIT: Don't worry Cav, I'm sure we'll not need to do that...odds are we'll just all use whatever diceapps we want and just prove the crits with pictures of the rolls when they crit. You know? We got basically one person who's for the diceroom, and one person against... GM is of the opinion waiting to see what all of the players think before he gives his vote either way.

Edit2: Spiderlings... Far as my headcanon says. Are basically a different breed of changeling that might or might not view themselves as changelings. But for Hidden Gem... She's just an outcast who was rased by a kindly open minded old couple and most of what Gem does is just self-taught and she knows next to NOTHING about herself. And even less of fellow Changelings. So just do whatever you wish when it comes to Spiderlings is their backstory.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:29 pm

To me mechanics seems to make the most sense under the interpretation that it is governing things like fine control.

Rolz personally I do use it for skype groups and when I have a entire bag of dice to roll but then again to me it does seem at time to be almost bipolar in the rolls ie giving a good 4 nat 20 out of 6 rolls or giving 6 consecutive players less then 5 for a role. Also the last time a PBP tired using Rolz for their dice roll like three people at first used it and eventually only one did...
Most of the time PBP just go by honor to say what roll you got.

So... I'm leaning against having a group rolz group but then again its not a make or break deal to me.

One more thing I feel like I need to mention a Skype group may be helpful with keeping up the flow of posts and such but may be a tad troublesome due to the composition of players currently interested.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:00 pm

could you please explain the benefit of a skype group? im not sure i completely understand the point.

on the painting front, i can understand this, just wanted to see if anyone else had a opinion against it.

as for rolls, i have never used a trust system before,(as in actually trust my players) but i AM willing to give it ago, as long as they pinkie promise not to cheat.
alternatively zamel did suggest invisiblecastle.

but again im going to leave it up to you lot, what do you all feel happiest with?
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Ah whilst I remember, I have to request a custom trait for this campaign and my character... I feel like its pretty important to who he is and how he fights...

Sentinel's Shield - Trait
When you conjure a Shield of Valor, you instead conjure a Sentinel Shield in your hands. You can dismiss the Sentinel Shield as a free action. While you are wielding a Sentinel Shield, you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Trait - Protector’s Vow
Whenever you use a Standard talent, select one ally, they gain an Guardian Mark until the start of your next turn.

[+3] Bunker Down - Standard Utility
Gain Resist 2 until the end of your next turn, if you already have resist, increase the amount of resist you have by 2 instead. Select one ally, they gain a Guardian Mark until the end of your next turn.

[+2] Shield Smash - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy, they receive a -3 penalty to damage until the end of your next turn.

[-2] Guardian's Duty - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Affect: The triggering attack hits you instead. If target ally has a Guardian Mark, you may remove that mark to reduce the PiP cost of this move by 2 or take half damage from the triggering attack.

[-2] Martyr's Inspiration - Reaction Utility
Trigger - You take damage from an enemy
Effect - Target ally gains that many temporary hit points

[-X] Under the Aegis - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger - Multiple allies would be hit by the same attack
Effect: Pay X PiPs equal to the amount of allies hit. The attack targets and hits you instead. For each ally after the first, damage taken is increased by 25%. If a target ally has a Guardian Mark, you may remove that mark to reduce the PiP cost of this move by 1.

Additonally, can I swap my cutie mark/expert skill for the Applejack-of-all-trades ability please? My character doesn't really have a specialization, he's a generalist...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:50 pm

I SAY NO DON'T ALLOW THE CUTIE MARK THING! YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE THE DANG BUTTMARK ON YOUR SHEET AND LIKE IT! The combat idea... Upto the GM to approve or deny... But I'm strongly voicing my opinion that he shouldn't be allowed to swap out the Cutie Mark effects.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I SAY NO DON'T ALLOW THE CUTIE MARK THING! YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE THE DANG BUTTMARK ON YOUR SHEET AND LIKE IT! The combat idea... Upto the GM to approve or deny... But I'm strongly voicing my opinion that he shouldn't be allowed to swap out the Cutie Mark effects.

... But why must he have a cutie mark if he isn't a pony?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Becuase the OTHER two changelings took the dang effect silly!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Who says my character is going to be a changeling?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Nrelated to the discussion... BUT OH GOD XEL. SPIDERLING.

That picture of SpideRarity is creepy.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Who says my character is going to be a changeling?

Because the regulars of the forums have seen you play the exact same character 7ish times now.

A skype group tends to increase the productivity of the group allowing the GM to poke players that need to post, Players poke other players when RP-ing a scene, and Players to poke the GM when a GM post is needed.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Um... You're you? (and all that Tyger said) Like nine times out of ten you doing your that one blank flank pegasus in a changeling body... Only this time I assume you forgoing the changeling part. Therefore I say just deal with it. And enjoy the free junk. Don't try to nerf yourself like you tryin' right now.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:26 pm

I should be making my sheet tomarrow, so I thought I'd run the concept by you guys, see if it fits/ sounds interesting for you to play with.

Concept wise... it's a reverse Spike; a pony who has spent her foalhood being raised by dragons, who has travelled to Equestria to try and reconnect with her roots and find out where she came from.

In terms of mechanics, I'm wondering how much dragon skills to up in, namely whether or not to include fire breathing.

In combat, if the role hasn't been taken yet, I think I'd like to try the Tank. Any advice on combat skills (or generally what a tank should be able todo) would be appreciated.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:27 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Nrelated to the discussion... BUT OH GOD XEL. SPIDERLING.

That picture of SpideRarity is creepy.
Sorry it was teh best that fit with what my mind was picturing the spiderling look like... I mean they need their hard-buggy-shell those changelings you know?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:32 pm

TheCavalry wrote:I should be making my sheet tomarrow, so I thought I'd run the concept by you guys, see if it fits/ sounds interesting for you to play with.

Concept wise... it's a reverse Spike; a pony who has spent her foalhood being raised by dragons, who has travelled to Equestria to try and reconnect with her roots and find out where she came from.

In terms of mechanics, I'm wondering how much dragon skills to up in, namely whether or not to include fire breathing.

In combat, if the role hasn't been taken yet, I think I'd like to try the Tank. Any advice on combat skills (or generally what a tank should be able todo) would be appreciated.

Interesting concept.

Tanks normally intercept attacks meant for other PC as well as either reducing the damage they take or punish the enemy for not attacking them.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Huh... guess we'll have two tanks then...

And yes, I know. I get it that I've used Storm Blade several times, both as a pegasus and a changeling, but, if we already have two changelings, having a third would simply be... wrong for me. Instead, I'll have him as a dragon.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 pm

And is there any reason why you can't be something different for once please Fury? Do you only got two or three characters in you to build?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 pm

If people are fine with it skype is fine.

Fury: il have a look at the abilitys and compare them to pre-existing ones tommorow after I get some sleep. And il think about the cutie mark trade- but I promise nothing on ether end.

The cavalry: I do like your idea and I think you should take abilitys you think would make sence with her backstory, if you send me what you have so far-ability wise at least- I will give you suggestions, thougb I may strugle a bit more on the combat abilitys side of things, having never played a tank before. (And my opinion I like the flame breath, but its your character that makes the abilitys not the otherway round, if you understand what im saying?)
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Er...

I don't have Skype. That said, if you guys want to communicate thee, I'm fine with that, I'll just be on the board... when I'm on at all. I might be taking a general hiatus from online things soon, in which case K'd probably only show up to post anyway.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Look. I haven't been able to have a good game with Storm for a long, long time. Saint-Toretz is the only running game that he's in, and as he's meant to be my main character, I want to have him in more than one game. I am not going to make a new character, simply because you ask me to. I reuse my characters, though the builds can sometimes differ. If you don't like the fact that I reuse characters, tough.

Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm fine with you using storm... Again... But I ask, try to make him different then all the other storms I've seen yo play with... Like having him have the mechanics of a cutie mark (he can STILL BE A BLANK FLANK) and not be a main tank maybe? You could build him to be the last man serving and being the guy to rez the whole team if needed? *shrug* Nothing wrong with having the same character, but if you have the same character & NEVER CHANGE THE BUILD FOR MORE THAN 2 GAMES... It's boring in my opinion and I think you should try to do something a little different with your character. Is he just a line that you can only play with the one build sheet as close to how you want it... Or is he a real 3D character that can be played with multiple builds yet still feel stormblade-ish to you? That's what I ask and think you should try. Could you try please Fury?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm not going to change the build Xel, its a significant part of Storm's characters and who is his. That being said, I AM making him different in that he's a dragon instead of a pony, so whilst he might be a jack-of-all-trades tank still. His personality, appearance and characterization are all going to have a fundamental shift. Whilst still remaining Storm.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum