Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 3 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Err... Why can't you do the default mechanics and try working with that? I'm sure it'll only change things in a very minor way. Why does these mechanics make storm who storm is? I don't get that... The big thing is the fluff in my opinion so I don't get why those mechanics are what are the make or brake it point for you... It's really odd. What is it about these mechanics that make it so fun or "stormbladian" for you? I know that I've replayed characters and each time I've done edits to their builds. And found it fun... So why can't you find the fun in rebuilding him as well as having new flavors? I just don't get why you resisting on this point so much...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 3 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:31 am

Because Storm is a guardian. A protector. That is a FUNDAMENTAL part of his character. He HAS to be a tank. He HAS to be a defender. Because that is who he is. Him being a jack of a trades/stats, isn't as large a part of his character, but still a pretty important and essential part to him.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:50 am

I have been asked for a bit more info on how the game will start and figured I should do it here.

anyway, you have all received a letter from a courier, The content of the letter are as follows:

----
"Dearest X
You are hereby invited to attend a party hosted upon my personal train, The Blue Rose.
As per usual, the party will be catered by a plethora of top quality chef's and play host to some of the most up in coming bands in equestria for your enjoyment.

The party itself will last about five hours, during which time we will be circling the base of the Canterlot Mountains, though we will be detouring round the outskirts of Ponyville at around half way through our trip.

Should a emergency come up and you need to leave, we have a several highly trained unicorns that can insure that you are teleported past the trains wards without the usual accidents one normally gets when teleporting while moving, even far enough as to reach the city the city proper.

In addition to my usual challenges, some time ago i discovered what I now consider 'the most valuable treasure' that I have come across and that is what i will be offering as the grand prize for this party, six of them in fact.
Only six participants will get the chance to win this prize however, though there are a plethora of other prizes to be won by everyone.

Please keep this letter to hoof, as it is not only you invitation but upon arrival will show a pass phrase that will determine if you are one of the six lucky participant's to have been chosen.
I will however warn you all that should you any of you be found to posse multiple invitations you will be removed from the party and henceforth banned from future events.

I look forward to seeing you my little (pony, dragon, changling, spiderling). (Basically it displays your actual race)
yours
Golden Desire.

--------

From what you can easily find out Golden desire is a earth pony that appeared a few years ago from out of nowhere and started hosting the most extravagant of parties.
The real draw however is that every time he hosts a party, he personally challenges a number of ponies to varies ‘games’ with a prize perfectly tailored to said ponies desires.

However in the two years since these party’s have started, there has been known to only be a total of five winners, in these games, and so far no one has every succeeded in winning one of his grand prizes, which from what you can gather was a total 0f 25,000 bits last time around.

----

Fury: will look at your stuff now, but the general consensus I’m getting is not to allow you to trade your expert skill.

Last edited by Dream Axis on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:53 am

... You on your phone when you said that...? Because... it kinda hurts to read
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:55 am

Yes, I will be getting my laptop back from getting repaired in a couple of hours so I will re-write it then.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 am

Well then, thanks for going out of your way for such a big post on the phone then.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Dream Axis wrote:I have been asked for a bit more info on how the game will start and figured I should do it here.

anyway, you have all received a letter from a courier, The content of the letter are as follows:

----
"Dearest X
You are hereby invited to attend a party hosted upon my personal train, The Blue Rose.
As per usual, the party will be catered by a plethora of top quality chef's and play host to some of the most up in coming bands in equestria for your enjoyment.

The party itself will last about five hours, during which time we will be circling the base of the Canterlot Mountains, though we will be detouring round the outskirts of Ponyville at around half way through our trip.

Should a emergency come up and you need to leave, we have a several highly trained unicorns that can insure that you are teleported past the trains wards without the usual accidents one normally gets when teleporting while moving, even far enough as to reach the city the city proper.

In addition to my usual challenges, some time ago i discovered what I now consider 'the most valuable treasure' that I have come across and that is what i will be offering as the grand prize for this party, six of them in fact.
Only six participants will get the chance to win this prize however, though there are a plethora of other prizes to be won by everyone.

Please keep this letter to hoof, as it is not only you invitation but upon arrival will show a pass phrase that will determine if you are one of the six lucky participant's to have been chosen.
I will however warn you all that should you any of you be found to posse multiple invitations you will be removed from the party and henceforth banned from future events.  

I look forward to seeing you my little (pony, dragon, changling, spiderling). (Basically it displays your actual race)
yours  
        Golden Desire.

--------

From what you can easily find out Golden desire is a earth pony that appeared a few years ago from out of nowhere and started hosting the most extravagant of parties.
The real draw however is that every time he hosts a party, he personally challenges a number of ponies to varies ‘games’ with a prize perfectly tailored to said ponies desires.

However in the two years since these party’s have started, there has been known to only be a total of five winners, in these games, and so far no one has every succeeded in winning one of his grand prizes, which from what you can gather was a total 0f 25,000 bits last time around.
Well I'm not 100% sure if I should really go and do something with this character at the moment... But the idea of an outcast learning randomly one day that SOMEBODY knows her deep dark secret like that seems too much fun to not resist playing. XD

I mean you do realize that having Golden Desire know that both the Changeling and Spiderling are what they are... BASICALLY IS BLACKMAILING THEM INTO THIS THING? You know that, right?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:15 pm

I have no idea what your talking about Daring Do 

At least its more interesting than they met in a bar right?

Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Um... You just said the note says that if you are a changeling or spiderling... THE NOTE SAYS WHAT YOU ARE... That means logically that this character knows your true race. And for the changelings kind that leads to people feeling blackmailed into joining this thing. Cause if they don't join... ODDS ARE HIGH that they'll be outed for being a bugbutt...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Which gives a motive for showing up, if only for the "Okay, how did they find me out, and how do I ensure they 'accidentally' fall off the train?" factor.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 pm

My character wouldn't want to kill them... But just keep them quiet...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Apparently that came out wrong, its a double plot hook, basically to mean that even if it was tempting for the prize, you kinda have to go as canden pointed out.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:08 pm

And that's what I was pointing out... Even though I had like some second thoughts... That little minor note is such a fun idea to mess with my character that yeah I'm thankfully still in this game with my spiderling...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:05 pm

hows everyone doing with there sheets?
i can start without combat stats but i currently need:
ZAKIYYA's backstory

Sheets for MAGIC:Fury AND Generosity:TheCavalry
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Don't you have my sheet from the PMs?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 pm

a'h yes sorry, forgot to mark it down, still waiting for a back story though.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 pm

working on it...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Minor Houserule Request... May we do away with the silly Pick 8 talents Take 5 into battle combat limitation? Basically you'd be giving everyone a free spellbook item you know? And honestly it is a suggested houserule from what I recall if the GM allows. Cause I deeply find the limitation that the Pick 8 Take 5 does so little to add to the system and hinders options... Making the very cheap 500 costing spellbook to be mechanically THE BEST WEAPON... Unless you've planned around the limit... Hell just this odd rule only leading to the odd outcomes of "oh dam I should've took into battle build B not build A!" while yes... The swapout 1 talent for a minor rule, prepare spell talent, open options talent, & spellbook weapon, does help a little. But it doesn't do a lot. Because spellbook is a weapon... It leaves basically most of the other weapons to be unthought of cause you'd have to give up the spellbook... Unless you want to try doing the funky weapon swap for two minors thing... But most people seem to overlook that rule... And the fact it costs two minors makes it awkward to use because it takes two turns to swap out. Which could last a very large amount of battle if you think about it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Real sorry for the hold-up; real life stuff has been interfering with plans. I haven't had a chance to put things together, but... I should be able to get things done (combat et all) by Friday.

If that's okay...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:36 pm

that's fine cavalry,i know how life can be, but as i said for the first part there will be no fighting just roll play so focus on back story and ability's for now, once i have thouse from everyone i can get this thing started

xel i will think about it and get back to you at latest before the first encounter, cause honestly i have no really opinion both for or against your idea
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Dream... It's fine if you use your phone to do the whole postings when you need to do so in OOC... But please tell me you going to try and aim to doing only IC posts on your computer? Think it'd be more helpful to your grammar and syntax... you know?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 pm

I speed type allot of the time when im making notes like this, so i end up hitting post before i can re-read everything i just wrote , plus editing anything is a pain on my phone, which leads to problems.

But to answer your question yes i will be typing stuff on my computer for irc, don't worry about it, haven't got a complaint so far in any of the other pbp games iv dm'd so it should be fine.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Good news: my sheet is effectively done. Aside from not having a picture, Soft Scales background, attributes, abilities and combat traits are done (or at least, done and ready for an inspection from you guys).

Bad news: for a host of reasons, I'll only be able to get it up tomorrow at the earliest. Sorry for the inconvenience.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:31 pm

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Err... I notice you've got Yee-Haw!... I also got that talent and don't think we'll need doubles of that. I'd suggest taking Nightwatch or upgrading your flight to 0 penalty... Other then that looks solid build in my opinion.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next