Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction

+3
TheCavalry
Copper Rose
Dream Axis
7 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction - Page 10 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:16 pm

Zakiyya frowns momentarily at Scales and Rough before writing out two questions. Are we even in the same place anymore? Can anyone read what is inscribed on the statue?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:50 am

"Might not matter anyway. This place looks like a dump," Scales muttered. Looking around, all she could see were flowers growing in the cracks of the stones and the golden statue-

She suddenly stopped, cocking her head. Her feathers ruffled a little.
She took a trot towards the statue, peering over it.

It was too large to carry, but it was a little odd that no one had even tried. The rest of the room was thoroughly looted, and even she had been debating whether or not to break off a golden limb or two as a keepsake. She lifted a hoof, and tapped a short beat on the statues surface, her ears primed.

There wasn't much of an echo, so it wasn't hollow. Maybe it was gold leaf- but no. Scales could see signs of ageing here and there, enough to confirm it wasn't some lesser metal coated in gold. A solid gold statue? This well preserved? And something niggled on the edge of her mind, a taste, a buzz in the air that was strangely familiar...

She gasped sharply. "Dragons hoard," she whispered. No wonder it took her so long to realise; the feeling was almost as familiar to her as breathing. It had taken a while to get used to the absence of the magic when in Canterlot, but here...

It permeated everything. Not just the statue- the broken flagstones, the inscriptions on the wall. That magic that dragons had to keep their hoard shiny and valuable, even if they were sleeping on it. It soaked into everything in the room, preserving it...
With that spell, this room shouldn't have been such a mess as it was. Unless it was supposed to look like it had been tossed.

"Uh...okay, I think we should get moving now, Scales said more loudly, trying to make her voice sound as calm- well, okay, as boisterous- as usual. She took a step, looking around the room, and...

Did those flowers move? She suddenly had an unpleasant, uncomfortable feeling that they were watching her...

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:09 pm

"Hmm? That bad, huh...?" Shadow looked at Scales, trying to follow her gaze unsuccessfully before looking for a way out. Maybe they could cut through some of the vines and make a hole? She didn't know what, precisely, the pegasus had noticed, but if it was bad enough that she changed tactics from 'loot everything' to 'we need to run,' it had to be pretty nasty.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Storm Fire was looking around the temple place was some curiosity, not just the statute itself, but the entire building, a rather interesting location... yet something kept nagging at him, something that felt out of place... when his sis spoke up, saying they should get out, obviously worried, Storm Fire frowned... and eyes widened when he realized what was going on. “I agree, we need to leave.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 pm

The Cowpone just follows everyone else's lead and looks for an exit asap to get out of here fast!

go fast!:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:13 pm

The only visible exit that's big enough for you to use is a large open doorway in front the statue, however the entire thing is covered in flowered vines that hang down, though it should be easy enough to move them out of the way.

As the 'cowpony' starts to move towards said exit, the flowers on the vines seem to swivel around so that they are facing her, The vines themselves starting to slowly move to a silent wind.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

"Ok... Hey, you plants... My gut's telling me you goin' to try and attack us if we try to move you. All we'd like is just to leave... Please?" Diamond asked of the plants as she walked closer and closer and touched them, getting ready try and hogtie these plants if they seem to be hostile to the team's goal of leaving this place.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Shadow moved briefly to follow Rough, but paused, watching the vines. "Did those things just move? Because if so, I don't think leaving's as easy as pushing things aside. Hey, spider! Don't suppose you can see through them to the other side?" She asked, considering their options. If they were moving to obscure the team's view...Perhaps Storm could push them aside, or...Hmm. Maybe she was overthinking it and they were just reacting to nearby movement. Possibly predatory, but nothing they couldn't handle. She highly doubted this team was put together on a simple whim, after all. Well, one way to test this theory...She attempted to levitate up a bit of broken flagstone to prod at one of the vines, having enough common sense to avoid touching it directly while she was attempting to tell what it was up to.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:36 pm

The flower nods happily at you, letting out a sort of...purr like sound as you touch it before moving aside and letting you pass.

Outside the building is what appears to be a large forest, trees in every direction.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 pm

"Thank you kindly catvines..." The Spiderling that was masked itself as an earth pony said giving it a kind patting to the plant as she exited. "Just don't attack the plant and they're a non-issue. This way seems to lead outside! There's a huge forest out here... Wow... Trees everywhere... I was half-expecting to see a wasteland."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:00 pm

"Weird...Alright, whatever..." Shadow stepped out, quickly moving away from Rough and glancing about. "I was kind of hoping there'd be a village or something nearby...We need to get a feel for what we're getting outselves into." She sighed softly, thinking quickly. Maybe one of the fliers could pop up for a look around?
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:53 pm

"Wonder if there's any Pheonix eggs nearby," Scales muttered, licking her lips. She was starting to regret not snatching some gems from the buffet table.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:45 am

Storm Fire had been expecting trouble when he realized they were likely in a dragon’s horde, especially with how the plants had moved... yet to his surprise, they not only moved aside as asked, but seemed to purr when stroked. Making him blink in confusion, the dragon just shook his head and moved out, idly giving the plant a stroke on his way past, before arriving and looking round at the forest.

When the dragon overheard his sister wanting phoenix eggs, he grimaced, saying. “Really Scales? I thought you knew better than that.” Though admittedly, Storm was different from dragons in that he didn’t like hunting for eggs, he saw it disgusting, cutting life off before it could even begin. Hunting was different, as they prey had a chance to get away, a chance to live, and even a chance to wound. A competition, deadly, but fair in its own way. Eggs had no way to defend themselves, and to prey of the helpless, especially after the bullying, made Storm sick.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:41 pm

As Shadow, diamond and Storm exit the temple into the woods there behinds are overcome by a tingling sensation. While for storm the reason is clear, there is a ‘cutie mark’ etching its way onto his scales.

While not outwardly obvious the same is happening to the shadow and diamonds ‘true’ forms.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

"Oh, c'mon Storm! I'm not saying we should smash them for fun or anything, I'm just getting hungry is all!"

The dragon-pony frowned, snorting a little. She wasn't bad for wanting something to eat, was she?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:30 pm

"Yeah... And if the eggs were like abounded or something... I equally don't get what the problem is. Seems like basic Predator/Prey interactions to me." The Spiderling comments unsure what it was she was feeling. "Which is what you two dragons, are... To phoenixes... Right?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:32 pm

"You're not the only one getting hungry, I-...Hmm? What...?" Shadow's eyes narrowed for a moment, and she turned to look behind her...When the tingling didn't immediately abate, she whirled again, repeating until the odd feeling passed. "Did I brush up against something...? That was...Strange. Very strange." She supposed maybe it was just her imagination playing tricks on her...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Ignoring the tingling, Storm snorted at this as he said. "Predators HUNT prey. Scavengers eat eggs. There's a big difference between the two, and I am predator, not a scavenger. I give the beings I eat a chance to survive, scavenging eggs is like killing someone who is defenseless. And no, we don't hunt pheonix's. Just some dragon's like their eggs." Which was most dragon's really, and it could be argued that hunting the weak and the ill made them defenseless.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:15 pm

"But... Basically a smart Predator hunts to attack the ill & the weak of prey because those are easier to get... Which at times, is a needed advantage for a smart Predator." Diamond retorts enjoying this civil chat with the Dragon so far. "By the way, anyone else felt some odd type of branding tingle?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:05 pm

"I felt a tingle, though I would not call it a branding tingle." Storm Fire said with a small snort at the spiderling's comment. "And what you are saying is true, but different. A smart predator will increase his chances of survival yes. But they are not defenseless, they can still escape and survive. Most importantly, they have had a chance to live, scavenged eggs do not."

For The Calvalry:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 am

"Like I said, it's not like I'm going to just smash them for fun or anything. If I had gems, I'd munch on those instead- eggs kind of taste funny." She'd always assumed that part was because of her pony body, at least until she got to Canterlot. True, most ponies are -ew- grass, but she'd heard about rearing chickens, and why would they do that if they didn't eat the eggs?

She felt inordinately happy at realising her slight distaste for eggs was entirely a personal thing, rather than a pony thing.

"Besides Storm, she added, puffing out her chest a little, "it's not like much has got a chance against a full grown dragon anyway. We're awesome like that."[/color][/color]

Last edited by TheCavalry on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 am

Zakiyya gentally prods Milky Way before following the others out of the ruin and into the forest.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 pm

"Regardless, we'll see how long that hunter's pride lasts if we don't get moving. Can one of you with wings fly up and take a look around, see if you see any clearings, the forest's edge, signs of civilization, something? I'd do it myself, but I can't fly like this, and I'd rather not cause trouble less than an hour into being here." Shadow trotted a short distance away, observing their surroundings a little more carefully and wracking her brain for anything that might possibly be useful...This world...At least seemed to have the same basic principles behind its operation...Right?

Knowledge: Nature checks:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Scales grunted, almost as if reluctant to agree... but the bug pony had a point. She glanced at Storm- he was probably the better flier of the pair, but- she was proud to say- she was the better hunter... in her mind if nothing else.

She stretched her wings, took a running start, and jumped- awkwardly- into the air, swerving to avoid the trees and branches. She beat her wings, pushing herself as high as she could to look around.

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Milky Way silently follows the others out of the temple, catching a glimpse of Storm's flank and doing a double-take. "Uh.... since when did dragons have Cutie Marks?"

((It is noticeable, right?))
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next