Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Curse and the Treasure - Interest Thread

+3
Crystalite
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Curse and the Treasure - Interest Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Curse and the Treasure - Interest Thread

Post  Elacular Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am

I'll trust your gmly ways on this one. If there is a shelter, I'll hunker down in it. If not, I'll build one.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The Curse and the Treasure - Interest Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Curse and the Treasure - Interest Thread

Post  Elacular Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:50 am

As for my roll, I'm trying to get an idea of their physical capabilities, their professions and their strengths. But most of all, I'm seeing at a glance who's most likely to be the packleader among our group.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:41 am

Can you read that kind of psychological discrepancy just from physical form and body language?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:54 am

Fair point, but at the moment she's mostly looking for strength and combat prowess. She'll see about psychology later.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:52 am

Oh, ok, I see. Still, I think you might need to specify what all you're looking for physically, as I'm pretty sure only us Players know exactly how our characters look.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:16 am

Well, I'll let the others decide what it is you glean from them, but Elric doesn't seem particularly strong. At least, he's not exactly muscled. Toned would be a good way to describe him, though.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Well, I'll let the others decide what it is you glean from them,

Horizon has been a professional badass for a good long while. If you listen to his voice, you might be able to tell that he's getting old- but since you usually hang out with elves, maybe not. Physically, he's around 6 feet and is clearly in more than decent shape. However, he's completely covered by clothes, cloak and mask, so not much else to see. Just Armor and weapons and a sardonic, heavy tone of voice.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Okay, Eight is in her late teens, wearing a white cloak and a pale blue top and leggings. The choice of color might speak to her inexperience in traveling, although by now they are somewhat dirty, suggesting she has at least not just left home yesterday.She's tall for a woman, maybe 5'8" and from you can see under her cloak, she seems moderately athletic. Her loud declarations speak to a willingness to take charge, but perhaps not the ability to make others listen.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:04 pm

As you might have noticed, Nadir has few words to say. He was like that on the road when you met, too, not really offering any objection to travelling together, but not seeking enthused by it either. The clothes he wears are unusually thick, but threadbare, patched poorly in places. The clothing is thick, but it's sticking to him thanks to the rain, revealing a spindly frame. He's sitting very formally, with his hands on his knees, almost rigid.

He's also unusually still, not breathing.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 am

mjh6 wrote:Eight froze a bit." I am not a 'type'." She said steely. "I am a person. I'd prefer you treat me as such. For instance, you could refer to me by my name, Horizon.And if you intend to inquire about the color of every blade of grass in Lashimir, I'm sorry, but I'm not interested. "

ooc:
Firstly, can I just point out that that font color is REALLY hard to read?

Second, I guess if we've been on the road for a while together and have chatted, it isn't too big a stretch that we know each other's names, though I don't often start a game with Horizon wherein everybody just knows what to call him. (true, he's only been in one other game and that was a huge plot point, but still)

It's fine with me if you want to keep it as is, though, he wouldn't have called you by name anyway.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:46 am

sorry elacular, she was still talking to horizon, I didn't see your post somehow, and didn't mean to drag you into that. Embarassed
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:48 am

s'alright. Makes sense she'd be paying more attention to Horizon right now. And Dagnir is a gentle type by nature.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:03 am

Yeah... I'm really sorry about getting into a fight so soon. If you want Eight to just shut up, I can make it happen.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:06 am

This is fun! It's gonna make the scene where Dragnir asks who the pack leader is all the more fun.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:08 am

I fully expected something like this to happen about this quickly. I WASN'T expecting Horizon not to be the instigator, though. Usually he has to work a lot harder before the initial party animosity rears up.

But seriously though, I don't get where this "Grass colors" thing came from.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 am

Basically, Eight is saying that Horizon was asking for too much unnecessary detail.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:13 am

Oh, alright.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:19 am

I think it was the "Non-obvious" places for the treasure that did it. It sounded vague enough to her that it felt like he was going to ask about every single place in Lashimir that "Wasn't obvious".
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:31 am

Nope, not his style. Just a quick comment or snide remark- until someone tries to call him out on it. And we see what that leads to.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:40 am

I personally,mjh6, would like to end the argument for now, since it doesn't fell like either of us are going to get anywhere, so if someone could more definitely break it up, I'd be happy.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:42 am

If you want, Dagnir could try to shove you out of the room.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:44 am

IDK, I'm having fun. Besides these immediate arguments need to settle, the team works better in the long run that way.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 am

Well, I'm not having fun anymore. I don't enjoy beating my head against brick walls, and that's what it's beginnging to feel like. Plus, i feel like if this goes any further, Eight's going to want to storm off.

Also, I want to pause so Cav can catch up with us.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:04 am

Alright then. Hopefully this last one comes off the right way, and she doesn't see it as more arguing.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:29 am

Thank you, and once again, I'm sorry for pushing and pulling every which way, I just... wanted to be heard.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next