Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion

+2
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion Empty Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 am

Alright people, you know how this goes. Post stuff, don't post stuff, whatever the weather. Keep anything that hasn't been screened (and isn't just speculation) in named spoiler tags, but once an episode has been aired post whatever you want about it. We might make a separate thread for spoilers if the need arises, but the last one seemed to die out early into Season Four, so we'll see...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion Empty Re: Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:20 am

My synopsis:
[4/4/2015 2:29:44 PM] A1C Bronymous: so I was watching the new episode
[4/4/2015 2:29:50 PM] A1C Bronymous: And I was just like
[4/4/2015 2:30:24 PM] A1C Bronymous: at any given moment, you could literally fix everything just by smacking the bitch
[4/4/2015 2:30:27 PM] A1C Bronymous: just hit her
[4/4/2015 2:30:39 PM] A1C Bronymous: it would solve EVERYTHING

That said, any holes in the story that I may have been searching for were filled in nicely in due course, and everything was on point, especially the creep faces. I near about died when they first got to town and Party Favor went over to stare at Rarity, and she just got increasingly more uncomfortable. It was subtle, centered on screen but in the background, very well executed. Like I said, on point.

Oh, and the plot was just Animal Farm with a happy ending. So if you read that then you know the premise of the whole episode.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion Empty Re: Oh, The Places You'll Go - S5 Pony Discussion

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:16 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:[4/4/2015 2:29:44 PM] A1C Bronymous: so I was watching the new episode
[4/4/2015 2:29:50 PM] A1C Bronymous: And I was just like
[4/4/2015 2:30:24 PM] A1C Bronymous: at any given moment, you could literally fix everything just by smacking the bitch
[4/4/2015 2:30:27 PM] A1C Bronymous: just hit her
[4/4/2015 2:30:39 PM] A1C Bronymous: it would solve EVERYTHING
Well, that begs the question of when they would hit her. Before the trap? No decent reason for that which isn't unjustifiably hostile (which, on a quest to spread friendship, is a bad thing). During the trap? Well, Twilight tried, but got zapped first. After the trap? The Sameness Spell causes physical strength reduction (as seen in the end of the episode), and Starlight Glimmer was at full capability. Then you've got the legion of townsfolk to be concerned of (which is more concerning after the trap because they have equal strength to you)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:58 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Oh, and the plot was just Animal Farm with a happy ending. So if you read that then you know the premise of the whole episode.
Not really...

My mom watched the episode with my brother and I, and we all decided it was a ponification of Jonestown. Unfortunately we remembered the wrong name for the incident, thinking it Stepford, and decided to call the pony town (they specifically never named it in the episode, something which I think Pinkie Pie brings up) Clopford.

But yeah, we all agreed upon this place being a cult.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Any given moment. Literally at any point during the plot, just by hitting her in the face and disrupting their joyous little brainwashing experiment, they could throw the status quo into chaos and resolve the situation. But since that requires both violence an chaos, its obvious why they didn't.

It was Animal farm, actually. Yes, it was very culty, but it follows the exact process and ideology of Animal farm: "Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others." Glimmer was obviously the corrupt leadership class (pig), preaching to everyone how being the same and not wanting more, wanting to share and be perfectly equal with everyone else leads to a content, perfect existence, while secretly keeping power for herself in order to dominate the masses and slowly take control of Equestria. It's brainwashy like Jonestown, but it's political like Animal farm, not religious.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:39 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Well, that begs the question of when they would hit her.
Someone actually answered that!
Spoiler:

Remember how I liked to do commentaries? Have the new episode one. Plus a 1080p of the episodes.

The Cutie Map Pt1 (AKA things go south):
The Cutie Map Pt2 (AKA pony Stalin is a thing now):

So, new episode things to consider:
- Exciting new balloon powers. Apparently Pinkie Pie isn't the only one, or funomancy/partymancy is a thing.
- Fluttershy does not like sports.
- Applejack's country-attitude is part of her cutie mark.
- Cutie marks are a lot more 'powerful' than we might have given them credit.
- Eastern Ponies! Notably, Meadowbrook, who made 8 artifacts of some kind.

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:56 am

EDIT:If anyone could find a video of Trixie with the chariot with the square wheels, that would be great.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:37 am

Zarhon wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:Well, that begs the question of when they would hit her.
Someone actually answered that!
Spoiler:
Paper Shadow wrote:Well, that begs the question of when they would hit her. Before the trap? No decent reason for that which isn't unjustifiably hostile (which, on a quest to spread friendship, is a bad thing). During the trap? Well, Twilight tried, but got zapped first. After the trap? The Sameness Spell causes physical strength reduction (as seen in the end of the episode), and Starlight Glimmer was at full capability. Then you've got the legion of townsfolk to be concerned of (which is more concerning after the trap because they have equal strength to you)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:34 am

So now we only need to see the episode where they visit the undersea city where ponies are completely self-absorbed jerks because they think their cutiemarks are better than anyone else's.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Cardbo wrote:So now we only need to see the episode where they visit the undersea city where ponies are completely self-absorbed jerks because they think their cutiemarks are better than anyone else's.
And it'll be revealed that What's-Her-Face is actually a sea pony, and is the main villain in this episode as well.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Copper Rose wrote:
Cardbo wrote:So now we only need to see the episode where they visit the undersea city where ponies are completely self-absorbed jerks because they think their cutiemarks are better than anyone else's.
And it'll be revealed that What's-Her-Face is actually a sea pony, and is the main villain in this episode as well.

Escaped from Pony-Rapture?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:46 pm

What about a town that works on the principle of 'everyone has the incompetence, disaster-magnetism, and delusions of the CMC', and the Mane Six have to prevent the town from being demolished by six different calamities (tornado, volcano, tarrasque, parasprites, pony-eating plants, diamond giants), all happening at the same time.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:44 pm

Zarhon wrote:What about a town that works on the principle of 'everyone has the incompetence, disaster-magnetism, and delusions of the CMC', and the Mane Six have to prevent the town from being demolished by six different calamities (tornado, volcano, tarrasque, parasprites, pony-eating plants, diamond giants), all happening at the same time.
No, it would better be seven. The seventh is something that the villagers themselves need to work together on, and they can't get it right without the right kind of encouragement from the mane 6. In the villagers trying to fix it, everything goes wrong in a way that they prevent the other 6 things, but now only the mane 6 can take care of this 7th calamity.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Guys.

Robots. Just saying.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:28 pm

I see your robots and raise you one abomination.
Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:15 am

Zarhon wrote:I see your robots and raise you one abomination.
Spoiler:

Rainbow Dash is the Loch Ness Monster.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Da usual commentaries
Spoiler:

Quick & Dirty notes
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:17 pm

New episode! Now available with bombshell info and lots of fanon stuff!

Commentaries! Now with bonus 'dream-catching' counter!:

So, serious notables:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Just a heads up Zarhon, the uploader you are linking to for the episode is removing them one week after they air, to avoid copyright problems. You might want to remove those dead links when that happens...

Anyway, yeah, MLP confirmed for Pro-Pancake and Anti-Twitter...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Anyone notice Pinkie Pie appears in her chicken outfit at 15:25. Once an episode appearance must be in her in her season 4 contract. Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Cardbo wrote:Anyone notice Pinkie Pie appears in her chicken outfit at 15:25.  Once an episode appearance must be in her in her season 4 contract.  Smile
You mean Season 5, don't ya?

(P.S. For those curious, because I was, Pinkie Pie didn't appear in three Season 4 episodes. Flight to the Finish, Somepony to Watch Over Me, and Leap of Faith...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Anyone notice Pinkie Pie appears in her chicken outfit at 15:25.  Once an episode appearance must be in her in her season 4 contract.  Smile
You mean Season 5, don't ya?

(P.S. For those curious, because I was, Pinkie Pie didn't appear in three Season 4 episodes. Flight to the Finish, Somepony to Watch Over Me, and Leap of Faith...)

Season 4, Season 5. Whats the diff? Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Just a heads up Zarhon, the uploader you are linking to for the episode is removing them one week after they air, to avoid copyright problems. You might want to remove those dead links when that happens...

Anyway, yeah, MLP confirmed for Pro-Pancake and Anti-Twitter...

Right, I'll replace em then.

Anyone notice Pinkie Pie appears in her chicken outfit at 15:25.
Nobody reads my commentaries.  Sad
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:08 am

Zarhon wrote:
Anyone notice Pinkie Pie appears in her chicken outfit at 15:25.
Nobody reads my commentaries.  Sad

Dammit!  I thought I did.

EDIT:

Refernce to Yamcha from Dragonball Z? Nice.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Meanwhile, in the new episode, everyone's favorite rainbow colored eco-terrorist and "Vaccines cause Autism" crier tries to murder her pet, decimates the ecosystem and economy of not only ponyville but her hometown of Cloudsdale, tells Fluttershy that she sucks at animals, and makes Twilight Sparkle make the cringing-est Meme reference in the series to date. All because she can't handle her pet being away for a few months because she apparently has absolutely no other companionship in the world.

When Rainbow Dash goes for Worst Pony, she goes for the fucking gold.

Unrelated, R63 aged up Scootaloo sighted, someone's fanfic is getting in my episode.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next