Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wizard's Request

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Wizard's Request Empty The Wizard's Request

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 am

Canterlot.

Spoiler:

A glamorous and sophisticated city, many ponies have dreamed of living there. The city hosts Celestia's royal castle, marking it as the warm and welcoming capitol of Equestria.

Within the white towers and golden spires, you have been graced with a letter bearing the emblem of Calcifer Sunspark, a phoenix-coated unicorn magician and magical scholar - one that you have heard specializes in studying ancient artifacts. Calcifer has always been eager to get his hooves on a new fascinating treasure from Equestria's past to study and has made something of a name for himself by helping several expeditions uncover important discoveries.

Though you have had no prior contact with him, his emblem clearly shines on the letter you open; which reads - after the dedication which bears your name - as follows.

I would greatly appreciate your presence in my study this Tuesday evening. I have a task that I require help with, and I believe that you might be able to help. Please come precisely at 7:00pm, it is a narrow window. I would be exceedingly grateful if you appeared.

-Calcifer Sunspark

You receive the letter just a few hours before the set date. After asking around a little, you have no trouble finding out about Calcifer's home. Having received many awards for his work and a royal stipend for living in Canterlot - he has been gifted an elegant spire that he refers to as his 'study'. Its ivory walls spiral more than fifty feet into the air and it is reportedly filled with all manner of artifacts of interest.

You will have little trouble finding your way there a few minutes early, bumping into the one other person to receive a similar summons outside the guarded walls of the spire. The guards refuse to let you in until precisely seven, so you have only one other person to catch your attention in the mean while.

Enjoy.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

The Wizard's Request Empty Re: The Wizard's Request

Post  Videocrazy Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 am

With a light sigh, a blue-coated, turquoise-maned pony went and sat off to the side. He motioned to the only other non-guard pony, saying "Hey there! Want to talk while we wait? It's not like we have anything else to do. My name's Red Cross."
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 am

Videocrazy wrote:With a light sigh, a blue-coated, turquoise-maned pony went and sat off to the side. He motioned to the only other non-guard pony, saying "Hey there! Want to talk while we wait? It's not like we have anything else to do. My name's Red Cross."

A purple and yellow splotched unicorn with a purple fez, cape, and monocle was the other receiver. Oddly, her tail, dyed with orange stripes, was a brighter purple than her mane.

She looked Red Cross up and down, ignoring his previous question. "A red cross on a blue pony. How... discordant." She smiled slightly. "I approve. I am Banana Nut Sundae, though I will answer to any and all names and nicknames you choose to address me as... unless I decide I don't want to."

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:05 pm

At precisely two minutes before seven the guards stationed outside the tower’s lower entrance found the door creaking open behind them. Calcifer Sunspark stood in the doorway. The unicorn mage wore a splendid set of purple of robes over his phoenix colored robes, a jarring but striking contrast – the appearance of a pony that doesn’t quite know how to wear the splendid outfit some royal dignitary has picked out for him.

“Ah, yes! You came. I mean, certainly you did – I wouldn’t expect you to be impolite.” He lifts his hoof, gesturing you inside. The interior of the spire feels like walking into a museum’s back gallery, the treasures rarely seen by the public. Red, green and blue bone-masks, armored statues bristling with magic, lush carpets speckled with tribal designs of black-ink suns… Nearly every surface of the tower played host to some treasure of an ancient culture.

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:At precisely two minutes before seven the guards stationed outside the tower’s lower entrance found the door creaking open behind them. Calcifer Sunspark stood in the doorway. The unicorn mage wore a splendid set of purple of robes over his phoenix colored robes, a jarring but striking contrast – the appearance of a pony that doesn’t quite know how to wear the splendid outfit some royal dignitary has picked out for him.

“Ah, yes! You came. I mean, certainly you did – I wouldn’t expect you to be impolite.” He lifts his hoof, gesturing you inside. The interior of the spire feels like walking into a museum’s back gallery, the treasures rarely seen by the public. Red, green and blue bone-masks, armored statues bristling with magic, lush carpets speckled with tribal designs of black-ink suns… Nearly every surface of the tower played host to some treasure of an ancient culture.

Banana smiled once again, for the contrast of Sunspark's outfit was even more discordant than Red Cross himself was. She had almost considered not answering the summons, but her curiosity won out instead. In the wake of Sunspark's apparent discordancy, she felt she had made the right decision.

The treasures, while reeking with patterns that suggested order, were arranged discordantly enough that she approved. It could have been done better; for one thing, there wasn't nearly enough of it jumbled on the floor, and surely any unicorn of decent magical prowess could have stuck some of it to the ceiling. Overall, however, it was certainly worthy of her attention... for now.

She toyed with the idea of letting Sunspark know that politeness was not a priority for her, but decided against it. The note had addressed her by name, and as such, she was sure that Sunspark knew enough about her to know that. That being the case, it would be unexpected for her to do that, unless they expected her to do the unexpected. In which case the expected thing became the unexpected. Satisfied with this logic, she said nothing more as they walked.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Red Cross followed Calcifer through the spire, admiring some of the displays while shying away from others. Thoughts raced through his mind as he trotted along. Was this a trap? Had he done something wrong somehow? Why did he need him, specifically, anyways? Cross would have liked nothing more than to ignore the letter, but the wording of it indicated to him that it would be very bad if he didn't. Giving a mental shake of his head, he turned to the host and asked "So, Mr. Sunspark, why did you call us out here?"
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 pm

“We can talk more about such things in my private study.” He assured the pony, “It’s a bit of a climb of course, but they insisted on putting my study at the very top.”

He led them to the spiral stairs, their wood covered in a lush green carpet decorated with silver designs of dragons. He led them two flights up then crossed another hall, this one filled with an assortment of exotic magical creatures, before climbing the last three flights to the study in the ivory spire’s summit.

“Do come in.” He invited them, his horn glowing gold as his magic pressed the double oak doors open and revealed the spacious study. It was an elegant room, generous with its space. Calcifer was clearly more favored by the important ponies of Canterlot than he tried to let on. However, the space was obstructed by stacks of open books and various artifacts – a disorganized array of the tools of his trade.

“I apologize for the mess.” He murmured, not meeting their eyes as he expertly navigated the stacks and sat himself behind his redwood desk. “It always seems to get away from me.”
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:28 pm

"Don't be sorry!" exclaimed Banana, delighted. "For a room in such a cliche location, this is wonderfully chaotic! I feel right at home!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:18 pm

"I wouldn't worry about it," remarked Cross. "In all honestly, I've seen bigger messes."
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 pm

"Thank you, I suppose." He murmured, shuffling his hooves upon the desk. He opened the desk drawer, eyes flashing over something inside it then snapping the drawer closed again.

"I suppose you're wondering why I called you." He said, still not really looking at either of them.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 pm

"No, I won't marry you with Red Cross here as a witness," Banana said, her voice completely deadpan. Naturally, she only said that to confuse the heck out of everypony there.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Red Cross blinked. Then he blinked again. Then he blinked a few more times. Giving himself a mental shake of the head, Cross said "Well, I'm pretty sure you need two witnesses. You're one short, if that's the case."
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:04 pm

"I have a favor that needs to be fulfilled." He admitted. "A very particular favor from the two of you."
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 pm

A pondering look on his face, Cross asked "If that's all, why couldn't you just ask us in the letter, rather than physically meet?"
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:16 am

Banana smirked. "Somepony's got a secret, I think... Let me guess, you want us to get something for your collection that you're not supposed to have."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Videocrazy wrote:A pondering look on his face, Cross asked "If that's all, why couldn't you just ask us in the letter, rather than physically meet?"

"It's a rather... specific favor." He murmured, his eyes still off to one side.

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Banana smirked. "Somepony's got a secret, I think... Let me guess, you want us to get something for your collection that you're not supposed to have."

"Not exactly." Calcifer the mage swallowed. "You see..."

His eyes lifted up at last, meeting their gaze.

"I need you to die."

And fire exploded from his horn, streaking at the pair.

Roll Initiative! Details of how to proceed will be in the OOC thread
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Taken by surprise, Red Cross' coat became singed. "BUCK, that hurt," he exclaimed. "Let's see how you like it!"

Whipping out a syringe, Cross quickly jabbed a syringe into Calcifer, completely filling it up with blood [8 damage, rolled on a 1d8], before injecting himself with it [recovering 7 HP, health can't go past max]. Feeling invigorated, Cross pulled out a salve from his saddlebags, quickly applying it to Banana Nut Sundae [Recovering 6 HP from Healer's Grace].
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Videocrazy wrote:Taken by surprise, Red Cross' coat became singed. "BUCK, that hurt," he exclaimed. "Let's see how you like it!"

Whipping out a syringe, Cross quickly jabbed a syringe into Calcifer, completely filling it up with blood [8 damage, rolled on a 1d8], before injecting himself with it [recovering 7 HP, health can't go past max]. Feeling invigorated, Cross pulled out a salve from his saddlebags, quickly applying it to Banana Nut Sundae [Recovering 6 HP from Healer's Grace].

"Language, Red," admonished Banana in a teasing tone. "Thanks for the heal, though."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:32 pm

"Gha!" Calcifer whinnied, sending a dazzingling blast of golden fire sparking around the one that stabbed him. [Take 10 ongoing fire damage Red Cross (save ends)]

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Banana's eyes started to glow many swirling psychedelic colors. "Attacking me will be your last mistake! Feel the power of anarchy!"

[Used Anarchy (Confusion); -3 PiPs; Calcipher is Confused]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:29 pm

"Ow ow ow OW," exclaimed Cross, the newly-inflicted burns starting to set in [-10 HP]. Ok, calm down. You can do this, he thought, as he settled down and channeled some energy, conjuring forth a guardian that floated in front of him [Conjure Warden, -2 PiPs]. Following that, Cross swiftly started rummaging through his saddlebags for more ointment, but failed to find any [saving throw, 1 on a d20]. As the guardian emanated a glow, helping to sooth the pain somewhat [Warden's Boon, 6 HP healed, 1d8], Cross yelled "Do the Princesses know about this? Do you think you'll get away with murder? What could you POSSIBLY need to kill us for?"
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:12 am

"I truly am sorry." He swallowed, then his eyes glowed gold.

A blast of fire exploded in the room - striking the two ponies... Or one of them. The feeble conjuration absorbed the blow for its master.

[9 damage and vulnerability 2 (save ends) to Warrior and the Guardian. Successful coin-flip and saving throw. Like a boss.]
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

Banana reeled back. "What? How did you shrug off chaos so easily?" She gave her wounds no attention, seeming not to even feel the flames. They still damaged her, though; she just ignored it.

"I need more power," she muttered. She began to rise into the air, orange energy rotating around her in irregular patterns. "Discord! Thy servant is in need of Thy power! Thy will be done with me!"

The energy began to move more frantically, absorbed itself into her skin... she glowed pink for a moment, then a bolt of energy came from her and struck Calcipher.

"I thank Thee, Discord, for Thy goodwill," she said as she floated to the ground.

[Wow, what're the odds? Used Deal with Discord, won the flip, got an 8, and dealt 3 damage to Calcipher due to Derpy's Lightning Spurting Chaos. Failed my Vulnerability save, though.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:41 am

Hearing the incantation Banana intoned, Cross though, Discord? Servant? That's something to file away for the future... if we even have a fut-

As Cross was about to finish that thought, another jolt of pain wracked through him from the burns [-10 HP]. Growing immensely frustrated, Cross yelled, "WAIT!" Then, with a sigh, and adopting the type of tone tone he'd often take with an uncooperative patient, Cross continued, "You clearly have us outmatched. Can you, at the very least, explain why you are attempting to kill us before actually doing so? If I'm going to die, I do not wish for it to be for an unknown cause." [Using my Magic Point to activate the Element of Kindness.]
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:32 pm

"Well, I can understand why somepony would want me dead," said Banana dryly. "Have no clue about you, though, Red, unless you're one of those New Lunar Republic nuts."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next