Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are (Not) the Heroes IC

+4
Senshuken
Espresso
nightlight
Sliverbrony
8 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 17 Empty Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Daff cranes his head back, looking up at the newly arrived pony, mouth open. Rousseau pokes his head out of the pony's mane, where he'd taken cover the instant the rumbling started. The last encounter with a sudden loud noise was clearly fresh in his mind.

The stallion seems to be kicking off the last of his lingering confusion as he catches up enough to the new arrival being the bad guy behind the swarm. The guy they were supposed to stop. And stop, they shall! Stop him. Not themselves... Whatever. Daff steps forward.

"Hey! You're the bad guy, right? Stop floating and come down here! Rousseau and I can't plant deep paw and hoof prints in the backside of evil if we can't reach you!"
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Zellbriq facepaws hard enough to break a twig before he tells Daff mentally one you don't need to ask the obvious nemesis of a hero if they are evil. Second you shouldn't tell them when they're out of reach.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:02 pm

"Oh."

There is a pause that lingers for a second or two.

"Never mind!"
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Externally, Madame Mask applauded Low Key's appearing act. "It's not everyday you see somepony break out of Supermax in such a spectacular fashion," she comments, "Now you've got me wondering how you did that. Bravo."

Internally, she was doing a good scan of the area for magic, in case Low Key had set something up or a locust swarm were coming their way...

(Arcana Check: 14 (Roll) + 19 (Skill) + 5 (Sixth Sense) = 38)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 17 Empty 2.24

Post  AleneShazam Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 am

Low Key smiles at Daff the same way someone might smile at a particularly quirky pet, and slowly descends to the ground. Where he touches, ice and frost immediately spiderwebs out from his hooves. "Oh no, please go ahead. I can admire taking initiative. Builds character."

Turning then to Madame Mask, Low Key makes a sweeping bow, smiling charmingly. "You never know if an audience is watching, Miss Mask. It was quite the fantastic gamble, too - two months in planning and the intervention of your little group almost set it all aflame. Had to skip the drain Zapp stage and jump straight to springing me out of that dull cell, and I wasn't even sure if the... tempests, would listen to me after all this time."

He brushes a hoof against the stream of volatile energy crackling around him. "Still, I'm here, Zapp's here, you're all here - all lines up nicely, doesn't it? It's a wonder how much a simple swarm of elementals can achieve with the right motivation. Attack a city, break into prison, give me enough power to freeze the city several times over... it's a good investment. You should get one too."

Zapp growls angrily and lifts her talisman, her eyes glowing with power. "ENOUGH of thy inane prattling. Thy plans end NOW."

"And what exactly could you do? Send me to prison?" Low Key sneers. "I've won, sister. Your prison is broken. Your enemies are free. I'm free. Give me the talisman and this doesn't have to get any messier."

Zapp does not respond but Madame Mask can feel phenomenal amounts of weather magic roiling within both Low Key and Zapp - alongside just raw magical power surging within Low Key's form. Both seem to be gearing up for a fight.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 am

And so the villain reveled himself.

Say what you would about Low Key, it was quite clear from the get go who between him and Zapp who had the better ponies skills. Credit where credit was due he was also quite intelligent and patient when it came to his schemes. Crimson couldn't help but feel that had Low Key dedicated his skills towards improving the world rather then his own selfish desires the world would have been a much better place... but alas this wasn't the time for what if's.

Crimson might not have dedicated himself to the pursuit of magic, but he had spent enough time listening to his parents discuss magic with his siblings to at least have a general understanding of the basics... While unicorns could have surges of magical power, they tended to be short-lived because they normally bleed the excess magic that their bodies couldn't handle before it did any harm. The body had a limit on just how much magic it could contain after all and while that limit could be trained up like a muscle to handle greater loads trying to take on more magic then you could handle would be like trying to fill a wine glass with a hose; It was either going to go everywhere or the wine glass was going to break.

While he wasn't quite sure how different Zapp's and Low Key's bodies were from their more normal counterparts, Low Key's stolen magic would have to start bleeding away at some point unless he was spending an insane amount of willpower to keep it contained. If that control was disrupted through it would start to slip away...

"So what exactly is your plan here? Steal something from your mortal enemy, go insane with power and either destroy or conquer the world depending on what the voices in your head say at the time? Seems rather cliched to be honest."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:38 pm

"...I don't think he's crazy. He's too... sane for that." Dove Colt says, doubtfully, even as he broadcasts empathy waves to attract his flocks in preparation of a fight. Speaking up a little louder so Low Key and Zapp can hear him, he continues, "You don't even care about the city, do you? Popping the Supermax was just fun for you - all you want is the talisman, is that it?"

Dove Colt looks between Zapp, and Low Key. "I won't pretend to understand how things work between you highborn-whatevers, but if this is some kind of sibling spat, can't you leave the city out of it? Or heck - just give him the amulet! You still have your strength and power, don't you? You can keep being a hero, and- and- Low Key can do his villain thing away from here!"

Insight: Nat 20 to tell he's not lying

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:46 pm

While Low Key monologues, Sunset cloaks and circles around to his back, stopping only momentarily to tap Zell on the shoulder.

”This is gonna turn into a fight,” she whispers into his ear. ”Tell everypony to get ready. I’m gonna throw the first punch and make an opening for Zapp to kick things off with her lightnin'. That’s the cue to engage.”

Once behind Low Key on his left flank, Sunset draws out one of her web grenades with her telekinesis, pulls the pin, and lets it cook for a second before trying to ram it into Low Key’s mouth with her hoof mid-speech.

Rolls & Abilities:

Last edited by jaguargamma on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 17 Empty 2.25

Post  AleneShazam Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Without even having to look, a vice-like telekinetic grip seizes Sunset's hoof, the golden glow around the limb the same as the one emanating from Low Key's horn. Her hoof is thrust back, and part of the magical field opens up - the side facing Sunset.

Beep. A final blip is all the warning Sunset gets before the grenade detonates, covering her in the web compound contained within. That in itself would not be so bad, but as magical frost starts to rapidly climb the wet web fluid, Sunset finds herself quite stuck under frozen and drying glue.

"I don't appreciate you applying your mortal conventions on me," Low Key says without missing a beat, apparently completely unfazed by the attempt. "My magic outstrips any unicorn's by a factor of thousands. My capacity for power even more so. I'll sooner die of old age than go mad with power."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:57 am

Madame Mask tuts. "Darlings, Low Key isn't some sort of lowly criminal you can play around with. He's a powerful sorcerer and, well, as you can tell, very resourceful. I already know I'm of no use here anyway," comments Madame Mask nonchalantly with a shrug. "If anypony needs me, I'll be over there making some calls and warn some ponies to stay at home for the upcoming crime wave." With that, she hovers away towards one of the warehouses...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:51 am

AleneShazam wrote:Without even having to look, a vice-like telekinetic grip seizes Sunset's hoof, the golden glow around the limb the same as the one emanating from Low Key's horn. Her hoof is thrust back, and part of the magical field opens up - the side facing Sunset.

Beep. A final blip is all the warning Sunset gets before the grenade detonates, covering her in the web compound contained within. That in itself would not be so bad, but as magical frost starts to rapidly climb the wet web fluid, Sunset finds herself quite stuck under frozen and drying glue.

I immediately regret coming into this wearing only a hat and a leather vest.

AleneShazam wrote:"I don't appreciate you applying your mortal conventions on me," Low Key says without missing a beat, apparently completely unfazed by the attempt. "My magic outstrips any unicorn's by a factor of thousands. My capacity for power even more so. I'll sooner die of old age than go mad with power."

”Be c-cool if ya did,” Sunset quips. ”W-we’ll even give you an ice funeral. R-reception might be a little ch-chilly, but we’ll try to m-make it a winter for ya.”
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:09 am

The situation was quickly going downhill.

Sunset had quickly found herself encased in ice, Madam Mask was bailing on them and Dove was trying to convince Zapp to hoof over what seemed to be a powerful magical artifact to a powerful villain to make them even more powerful then before and hoping that the guy didn't stab them in the back afterwards. It was clear that the team needed to be rallied now or it was going to fall apart.

Taking one of his gumballs and throwing it into his mouth before giving the show of chewing it in order to calm his nerves (And Celestia was he nervous), Crimson started to walk forwards towards Low Key slowly. "You know I only met up with this team yesterday. Didn't pick my team members ... Sunset charged in without thinking of alerting us to her intentions and is now making horrible ice puns, Madam Mask has turned tail and fled like a bitch and Dove seems happy with rolling over and giving in to you because you seem to be a lot stronger then him. " Crimson sighed a little for a moment before he looked back up, a steel in his eyes that carried on in his voice "I became a hero because I wanted to protect ponies and I will be damned before I let you harm another pony without putting up a fight and I know that the ponies here are strong enough to take you on together."

"So Low Key, there is only one thing I have to say to you. If you want Zapp's amulet..." Crimson pulled his hoof back, clearly with the intention of throwing a punch... a feint in order to distract from his mouth as he spat the gumball he had been hiding there right at Low Key's face. Learning from what happened to Sunset, Crimson sent his hoof after it in order to make damn sure that it exploded right in front of the demi gods eyes, nose and mouth; Demi God or no, saddle arabian spice to the eyes and airways was still going to burn like a volcano... and hopefully prevent him from being able to focus on fine spellcraft as well. "Earn it!"

Actions and Dice rolls.:

Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:43 am

"I would like for the city to not be encased in ice, thank you very much." Dove glares at Crimson. "If you're all so eager to fight then fine - but the feather's magic doesn't lie. The feather told me Low Key's going to honour the bargain if we could just talk to him... I don't think he's bluffing about his powers. He's dangerous."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:05 pm

"Wait! What are you doing? Heroes aren't supposed to run away from evil!" Daff calls after Madame Mask as she turns to leave. "Evil's this way!" he yells after her, pointing a hoof towards Low Key, just in case she's confused. She isn't. He watches a few seconds longer, stunned, and a little hurt as the mare seems to abandon them.

A frown crosses his face. Then, he gives a firm nod to Dove. "Rousseau thinks he is very dangerous, too. But even the tiniest hero can't let villainy take even one step into the home of goodness, or it gets mud all over your carpets! Crimson is right! If we don't stop this pony, he'll hurt ponies in other places, and leave hoofprints everywhere. You! Prepare to face squirrel! Rousseau, ready your acorns!"

Atop Daff's head, Rousseau facepalms.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 17 Empty 2.26

Post  AleneShazam Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:36 pm

"Cute." Low Key says, before his face is engulfed in a roar of glowing, superheated spices. The wave of heat is enough the melt a circle into the ice around Low Key, and weakens the ice around Sunset, but still isn't enough to completely free her.

A few moments later, a blast of cold air clears the space around Low Key, revealing him to be completely unharmed save a thin crack simply hovering mili-meters above his skin. "You managed to crack my shell," he notes, looking at Crimson with a look of idle amusement. "That's adorable."

His eyes flash for the briefest of moments, and Crimson is completely engulfed in ice. "Well? Who else wants to dance?"

Zapp snorts and lightning explodes from her talisman. "FACE M- MMMPH!"

Zapp-popsicle topples over, hitting the floor with a thud. Surges of electricity come from the ice block which seems to melt it slightly every time Zapp discharges, but it'll take a while for her to free herself.

"Except for you," Low Key says. "You're just obnoxious."

Round 1
COMBAT BEGINS! I'll allow the attacks taken before to be surprise attacks, and everything afterwards is turn 1.

Crimson is Frozen (save ends). Frozen creatures are stunned and lose health equal to half their current HP at the start of their round.

Sunset has weakness 10. It refreshes at the start of each turn (Save ends).
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:25 pm

"SEE?" Dove Colt shouts, while summoning his flocks. "Now we have to fight this guy!"

"POOP, MY PRETTIES!"

Shit hit the fan. The fan being Low Key.

Mechanical stuff:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Sunset’s shotgun, having miraculously escaped being webbed and frozen, lines up on Low Key and fires a Hell Shot at point-blank range.

”Love the shield, by the way. Where do ya shop? Might get me one.”

In the next beat, it swings toward Sunset’s hooves and fires the slug in the second barrel at the ice holding her in place. Then her ears flick as the familiar sound of a flock of birds starts filling the air. A huge flock. Of very big birds.

She tries her best to pull her frozen hat over her face and mutters "Oh, mierda..." before the hail came down.

Rolls:

Last edited by jaguargamma on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Gaia rolls her eyes as two ponies are frozen up. "Oh, fine."

"What happened to predatory strategy? Ambush? Coordination?" Her form starts to glow as wild magic fills her body. Her wings expand, her face morphs into a more feline form, her tail melts together to form a serpent's head, and a goat's head springs from her shoulder. With a final roar, she slams her front paws against the ground, her wings beating mightily to create powerful winds. "Or not. I suppose this works too."

"Zellbriq. You're a predator, right? Here: maybe this'll help." Pushing against the ground with a lion paw, green energy suffuses both her and the timber wolf, filling them with strength. "Eye on the skies, too." She shields her body with her wings, as the shitstorm begins.

Actions:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Once Madame Mask has retreated into a warehouse, she pulls out her card. "Sunglow. This performance has gone from bad to worse darling. Low Key was behind the locust and he's broken out of Supermax, and I don't think he's the only one to get out. Zapp's frozen, Trap and Chef are frozen, and it looks like the rest have just starting fighting, so we have an angry highborn and a crime wave of escaped prisoners about to hit the city. Can you get a message out warning ponies to get to safety?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:02 pm

A darkness falls. Daff looks up, squinting at the speckled light from the blotted out sun.

"Uh oh."

He scoops Rousseau off his head, diving for cover and shielding the squirrel as a genuinely terrifying plague of avians send a thick wave of white raining down like some bizarre version of the apocalypse. Elsewhere in the city, every street cleaner pony and custodian in miles feels a sudden sense of great foreboding.

When Daff looks up again, the others are gearing up for action. Nearby, Gaia is transforming into a large force of nature. And this time, they're fighting on the same side right from the beginning! He has to stop himself from getting too distracted.

He carefully places Rousseau back on his head, rears back, kicking his legs, then charges with a loud, challenging yell.

Actions:

nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 am

It seemed that the mixture that Crimson had used for that spice ball wasn't as potent as he would have desired it to be.

He wasn't quite sure what exactly happened after that, but he felt... cold. Very, very cold and unable to move all that much either. Breathing as also kind of a problem as well...

A few minor attempts at moving to try and get himself some wiggle room didn't exactly work out all that well either, but it did seem to cause one of his gumballs to burst, the liquid inside as hot as a burning flame splattering over his icy prison and hopefully starting to melt it enough that he might get enough wiggle room to break out.

Abilities and Dice Rolls:

Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Mon May 02, 2016 2:38 am

~Right now not so much, but maybe later.~ Zellbriq replies to Gaia before he performs a short shamanistic ritual to summon a ghostly timberwolf with what looks to be a smal first aid pack in its mouth. eh then charges at Low key and tries to swipe at him.

Inu follows this up by a series of strikes herself.

while all the other wolfs are attacking, the newly summoned ghost goes over to Crimson and tries to help him melt the Ice.

used stuff+status:

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 17 Empty 2.27

Post  AleneShazam Mon May 02, 2016 7:06 am

Low Key shrugs off the hail of shells with the same indifference, most of the shots glancing off what seems to be an almost totally translucent shell over his skin. The one that does seem to penetrate only bounces off ineffectually, as Low Key stares at Sunset coolly. "My skin is hardened by the frozen north and tempered by the great storms of the frigid wastes. You'll have to try better than... that..."

He pauses, looking down at the darkening ground. "Is it... night already?"

Those are the last words before the phenomena eventually to be known as 'the great flood' occurred.

After the barrage ends, Low Key stands up unsteadily, dropping sloughing off his back and head, steam visibly rising from his form. He glares at Dove Colt with undisguised hatred, as waves of freezing cold start emanating from him, first freezing the droppings around him then forcibly blowing the shards of frozen poo off him. "You will pay for that." He says calmly, completely ignoring Daff's challenge. It's less a threat, and more a statement of fact, judging by his tone.

His eye flashes, and a blast of bone-chilling cold assails Dove. Before he can catch a breather, another blast slams into him, and then another. The impact itself seems to have been dulled somewhat, but the following biting cold still digs into Dove Colt's body. Then Low Key raises a hoof, and a ball of crackling purple energy strikes Dove Colt, causing a wave of crushing lethargy to wash over him. "Misbehavior must be punished," Low Key says, stamping the ground, causing a bolt of power to strike Dove Colt - except this time, a warm sensation spreads across Dove Colt's body, and he seems to feel re-energized, though still unable to move much.

He then turns to Sunset. "As for you... can't have you doing that again." He waves a hoof in her direction, but nothing seems to happen. Finally, as the duo of Zellbriq and Inu rush at him, he raises a foreleg and swats the strikes aside, the swipes scoring his shell but not able to make much purchase. He growls at the pair, but refrains from attacking, instead opting to draw back defesively.

Round 1 Ends
Format - Action: Effect (Action Type)
First Coldfire bolt: Dove Colt suffers weakness 10, takes *0* damage and loses 20 health. (Attack)
Second Coldfire bolt: Dove Colt suffers weakness 10, takes *7* damage and loses 20 health. (Attack)
Third Coldfire bolt: Dove Colt suffers weakness 10, takes 3 damage and loses 20 health. (Attack)
Free Trick: Dove Colt cannot make a standard action next turn. (Utility)
Minor Trick: Sunset is subject to a Minor Trick (save ends). Sunset must make a Will defense roll whenever she makes an attack. (Utility)
Trickster Spell: Dove Colt gains 5 energy and is subject to a Trick (save ends).(Utility)

Meanwhile, with Madame Mask...
"Wait, what? Oh dear this is bad..." Argent mumbles. "We'll get a public announcement out as soon as we're able, and have our agents on high alert. Damn it, I should have expected that Low Key would pull something like this... Not like a villain like him to stick around in prison... anyway, is there anything we can do to assist? Our agents are more infiltration and covert ops but if you need help taking down Low Key... Ngh... Anyway I'll have Ferrum get the word out to the authorities, and I'll talk to the higher ups about organizing a city wide sweep."

Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon May 02, 2016 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon May 02, 2016 7:59 am

"Guys..." Dove Colt teeters on the spot, reeling from the assault. He tries to return the favor but he falls on his side, lethargy creeping up his legs. "I... can't... move...!"

Mechanical Stuff:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon May 02, 2016 11:26 am

Sunset shudders against the ice as she feels the splatter of bird crap spray across the side of her body opposite the frozen webbing. As she does, she hears the ice starting to crack and feels it loosen.

”Well, I ain’t too good to admit it,” she tries not to groan, ”you’re a very cute hunk of stallion, even for a villain. Definitely enjoyin’ the view from here.”

As she speaks, the ice continues to crumble off of her, the webs made brittle enough by the cold to just snap off as Sunset moves.

Rolls:

Last edited by jaguargamma on Mon May 02, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next