Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are (Not) the Heroes IC

+4
Senshuken
Espresso
nightlight
Sliverbrony
8 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 32 Empty 3.42

Post  AleneShazam Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Calculating visual similarities... ALEXIS hums as the AI runs comparisons through the LexiCon databases. Silhouettes are too generic to establish clear identification. I would recommend acquiring silhouettes of better clarity.
There is a ping, suddenly. Update: Goat silhouette approximated. The most likely identity is Hircus, Capra Locomotions CEO.  However, the database contains no prior record of criminal activity or suspected criminal activity, and Hircus is a business associate of Master Lexicon. Capra Locomotions receives many sponsorships from Lexicon Consolidated. Motive for attacking unclear...

As Gaia looks over Haven, it's clear he suffers no permanent damage. He's taken a nasty impact, but it seems he's fainted more out of exhaustion than injury. If Gaia has to guess, Haven likely threw up a forcefield before he was slammed by Dove's attack, shielding him from the subsequent impacts. But the breaking of the forcefield forced a magical feedback on him that rendered him unconscious.

The security guards glance at Crimson, before looking to Lexicon. The drake nods, and the guards shrug, gesturing for Crimson to follow as they take him along downstairs. "You might have to follow through to the police station, sir. He doesn't look like he's going to wake up any time soon."

"So you think he's some kind of... science ghost?" Argent asks. "I suppose it's as plausible as any explanation."

Madame starts to approach the more rundown parts of down, the parts so badly damaged by villainous activity that the government has all but abandoned them. There are a few LexiCon construction projects going on around, but those are few and far between. The street seems abandoned. Suddenly, Madame's Vanish sense tingles - he's deconstructed himself again, presumably. She looks around, and is confronted by the fairly amusing sight of Vanish's disembodied head floating up to her.

w̞ͅe͎͍͔̩̯l̹͔̻̭l̤,̤͇̖̖ ͕̻͖yo͔̻̩̜̤̙u͍͚̱͕͙'̰̪͍̟͍̮͈ṟ̻e ̲͕̻a ̘͓̖̹p̰e̙͓̮̳r̼̘̬͙͍͇s͙͖̰̙̗͙i̼ș̫̱̯t̫̙̘̭̠e̩̝n̙̩̲̺t̬̬͓̬ͅ ̟̞͕̠̦̘on̯̼̳̬̼e͓̺̭̱ ͚̥͓̠̯͙̯a͈̻̬͙͖r͉̻e̺͓͓̝n͍͔'̙̭̲̥̤̤t͈̝ ̘̼y̳͉͍̪̖̳̜o̰͕̺̻̼͎͍u

His features are still obscured behind the dark mask, but Madame gets the sense that he's smiling.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 32 Empty Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 am

Crimson politely nodded his head, following along without much in the way of words apart from "That's fine with me."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:00 am

Madame Mask frowns at the approaching head. It's rude for villains to meet superheroes halfway. "Tell the others I've caught up with Vanish in the rundown parts of town. Moonbright."

Madame Mask then rotates herself towards the head with a smile. "What can I say darling, I make sure my shows get wrapped up nicely," she responds, "Or maybe I'm just attracted to stallions with a good disappearing act."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 am

"Huh. Might have a lead, m'self. 'Cordin' to ALEXIS, one o' them figures looks an awful lot like your boy Hircus over at Capra Locomotions. Heard they're puttin' on a big engineerin' contest, 'n' I happen to know a young filly what's good with a wrench 'n' out of a job. If she can get in the door, she might be inclined to look around, find out what's goin' on over there."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:28 pm

(Wahh sorry for letting this sit for so long I forgot it existed ;-; )

The communication cards suddenly light up, and Argent speaks up.  "Madame Mask has caught up with Vanish in the rundown parts of town. She seems to have things in control, but... just a heads up."

Meanwhile, Lexicon shakes his head at Sunset's words. "Hircus? It can't be. He's a fine, upstanding engineer - perhaps a tad stubborn, but villainous? That seems highly unlikely. ALEXIS, what are the odds of mistake?"

...16% at most

"Are you sure?" Lexicon frowns, pacing around the room. "I don't understand. What motives would Hircus have to do this?"

He looks back to Sunset, biting his lip for a moment. "What do you require of me? A recommendations? Technical assistance? We need to get to the bottom of this mystery."

The ride to the police station is quiet for the most part. Just as one of the police ponies inform Crimson that they're almost there, Haven starts to come to.

"Ugh..." He grunts, shaking his head."What...?"

He seems confused.

F͚l̯a͕͇̹̹ṱ͖̠̪͍͚ṯe̳̻̰r̟̜͚̥̙͔y͉͔͈̜̮̥̤ ͓̣w̮͕̳̩̫̗i͔͎̱̳̻͈l̮͚̮l ̤g̦̫̣̖e̲͚͚͉̼t͍ ̙̲̥y̫͓̲o͈͉͎̲̫̬u̺ ̯̠͈̹n͕͍͈o͕w͍̳̟h̭̗̣͎̫͇̝e̦̫r̻̼ḛ̼̘͎̺͕,̼ ̮̗̳M̝͎ͅa͕̲̬̰̝d̞̤̹͕a̘͔m͚͙͓̻̰͕e͖.̜̞ ͈͙̩̥E̖̙̗̦͔v͕̳e̦̹n̠͓̞ ̣̦̣̣i̯̲͚̗̹f ̭͖͚̥̖̞͈y͔̳̫o̜̦̰̫̹͉̬u̯ ̯̞̜̖do͔͎̯̣̯ ̺̣pu̟͕̣̜̝̝͈t͉͈͍ ͚͇̝̼̞̞o̺͉̼͍̱n͈͎̩ ͉̰̩̳q̫̜̼͖ͅu̪ḭ̪̝͚t͔̲̯̤̳͚̼e͇̣̹͍ t̼̹̙h̲̱͍͍͙͍̞e̘͖̪̫͉ͅ s͖ͅp̪̱͍̳͇̣̮e͈̖̟͖̲ͅc̝t̼̤̩̠̱ͅa̫͖̮̙̹͕̼c̝̞͍͔͖u͖̪̱l̜̙̬͚̹͓ar͚̱͉͚̮͔̤ ͔s̝̺h̳̰̻̥̞̫̤o̩̹̜̰͕̲ẉ.̟̭̞̹̪ͅ

Vanish chuckles.

W̻̳̤̜̘͍hạ̫̠͇͔͇t ̼̜n̰̘o̗̤͍w͇̬̮̻̣̰̩?̯̲͉ ̳͙̫͈̘̠̻D͇̠̩̮̩̲o͚̼̥̲̮̰͔ ͇͉̟̝̘̻̼y̫̙o͔͉̰̜ͅu̱͇̣͙͈̪ ̝̫̮̲͕̳͍i̜̤̮͚̬̳̘n͕͇ͅt̗̲̝̫̦͎͔e̠͙̯̝n͇͇̗d̼̳͕͔͖͖̤ ͈͍͓͇͈͙̳t̫͖o̤̭͎̦̗͎̹ ̜̹̗̯̹͍̪b̳̲͉͓ͅr̝̯i̬̻̦͚̪̰̥n͔̹g̫̣̯ ̯̱̤̟m͈͖͙̰͉͙̣e̩̘̤̮ ̫͎̦̬͔̮i̗n̬̪̞ ͔͎̲͕̤t̺͕̙̰ọ̖̩̻ ̣̝̼̥̗̖̦c͔u̠̪̲s͕̘̖̹̬̪̪t̗̹͇̞͈̥o̞d̺̣̜͍̜y͍̻̪?̠̻͈̜
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 pm

"So you can teleport halfway across the city when I'm winning? No no no. If I recall, you hoped to continue our conversation that you didn't have time for. Surely you have time now that your performance is over?"

As she speaks, her eyes glance past the floating head towards the buildings below. Vanish must have teleported to or near one of them before she arrived, perhaps using it as a makeshift base, detailing any plans he had, most likely where he is using the data chip for... data chip things, right? If she can recall and locate where that mark was before his teleport to confront her, she can hopefully locate his base...

(Perception Roll: 13 (Roll) + 14 (Skill) = 27)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 am

Crimson took a deep breath, keeping his voice soft as he looked at Haven as he simply said "Hey Haven. It's been a long time, huh?

Shaking his head for a moment, he quickly added with some concern "Try not to move around to much. It looked like you took one hell of a beating. What was the last thing you remember?"

Last edited by Senshuken on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 pm

Without missing a beat, Sunset rattles off a list of ingredients from memory, followed by a specific model of still.

"If you can keep the revenuers off my plot, it'd be very much appreciated as well."

Building the engine itself isn't a challenge. The Calamity Bandit had Ol' Trigger modified to run on moonshine, so he wouldn't be caught dead in the open refueling it at a gas station. She'd just need to replicate the truck's engine and find a compatible vehicle to drop it into.

The challenge is making the fuel for it. Especially here in the city, where there's more red tape to navigate around.

Last edited by jaguargamma on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:48 pm

"What can we do?" Dove Colt asks, referring to the rest of the heroes when he speaks up. "There has to be something we can do to figure out the deal with this... Echelon group."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32