Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Token Evil IC

+5
AleneShazam
Espresso
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
DutchTilt
9 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Token Evil IC - Page 8 Empty Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:24 am

Krix, begrudgingly, shields his eyes from the incoming light. He wanted to see the violence...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:03 am

"Son of a-" *FLASH* *THUNK*
The whole ambush is over in an instant - the flash of light immediately disorients and blinds the guards, and Iota's heavy blade slams into the unicorn--

Or rather, a bubble of shielding magic, which shatters on impact, but cushions the hit just enough that it doesn't quite have the same force as the previous ambush attack. The unicorn reels back, blinded and winded, before shouting out, "Intruders! Mammoth, get your ass over here!"

((Roll initiative, Team Vault! We'll assume the twins avoid direct combat, so when Bronymous is available we'll slot them in as appropriate.))

The Paladin looks at Broken for a moment, before glancing at Tender, and continuing walking. "She's been with me through thick and thin -- really couldn't ask for a more loyal companion."

Tender, meanwhile, seems to glance at Broken out of the corner of her eyes, but in the dim light, even with his dark vision, Broken can't be too sure.

The group eventually makes their way up to the end of the hallway, which terminates at a massive (Note: more than house-sized) golden gate, featuring gargantuan interlocking mechanisms that keeps the door firmly shut.

Knocking on the massive gate, the paladin waits for a few moments before a harsh, rattling voice sounds. Identify yourself.

"High Paladin Argent Light, of the Solaria Platinum."

Ah... A paladin... haven't seen one of those for a while... heheheh... the voice chuckles at what appears to be some kind of inside joke. And what are you doing here, Paladin? Surely not to check on little old me...?

"No, ma'am." The paladin stands a little straighter. "I'd like to ask if anyone has entered the vault in the past... erm, week or so?"

There is a silence as the voice seems to ponder that. Aside from Celestia? No.

"Thank you for your cooperation, ma'am." The paladin nods, and turns to Broken. "As you can see, the vault is secure."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:31 am

While the paladin might have been at ease with the response of the guardian, Broken wasn't so quick to appear satisfied. "We have reason to believe that one or more shapeshifters are active in the area. When did Celestia visit and what was the nature of her visit?" Already he planned to justify the presence of Changelings to get into the vault and 'check' that the guardian had not been compromised, but such things had to be lead up to alas.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:37 am

Shield magic?
Iota's magical core flickers as it registers the unicorn's ability, and prepares itself for battle.

Initiative: 14
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:40 am

"En garde!" Brightheart brandishes Sunlight, which flares brightly with radiant energy.

Initiative:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:58 am

"Banner. Banner. Where's my banner?" Krix whispers to seemingly himself, before pulling out a banner from nowhere and holding it up, "banner" being a rather loose term for what is effectively a torn piece of red cloth strung to a bundle of branches, with some crude symbol made with ink or gunk or something having been rubbed into the cloth's worn stitching...

Initiative Roll: 18
Conjurer’s Pet Summoned: Battle Banner
(I forget if we are doing bring 5 combat abilities into combat or bring all abilities, but if it's five I'm taking Critfisher, Bone Splinters, Conjure Warden, Conjure Celestial Commander, and Conjure Fire Giant)

HP: 30
Pips: 4

Banner HP: 15
Pips: 0
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:29 am

Mist's turn
Mist flies about blindly, trailing brilliant sparks behind her that strike randomly in her wake. One of the sparks strike Iota square in the helmet, while another hits the Banner which Krix produced. A third spark flies out at Iota, but that one goes wide and strikes the ground harmlessly.

Summary:
Iota and the Banner take 5 damage.

It's Brightheart's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus), Blinded for 1 round
Brightheart
Krix
>Banner
Noble Domain (Unicorn), Blinded for 2 rounds, Bloodied
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony)

It was... hmm... it's hard to tell underground, really, but she stopped by for a spot of tea and some cake. The guardian behind the door rasps. If I had to guess... it was two days ago? Something like that.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:49 am

"Seize the day, my friends! CHARGE!" Brightheart grins widely at the prospect of the battle, while radiant energy flows from the drawn Sunlight and flows towards Iota, blessing him with celestial strength, as well as fortifying the Banner so it doesn't fall over so easily.

Summary:
Iota gets the Inspiration buff, and Banner gains regen 2.

Combat Mechancs:

Energy: 2

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:00 am

Broken was slightly annoyed, but didn't show it. He couldn't prove that Celestia had been elsewhere at the time and thus it wasn't grounds to enter the vault... however, if nothing else he might be able to get an idea of just what he would be going up against when it came time to storm the vault itself. "I see... Thank you. However, before I go I do have to ask that you revel yourself. We are dealing with intruders that can shapeshift and no doubt mimic the voices of others, so I'm afraid I am going to have to perform a small test to confirm that you haven't been compromised."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:32 am

"That... really won't be necessary." Tender says, with a concerned expression on her face. "I seriously doubt that the guardian of all things would be compromised..."

The guardian, meanwhile, just chuckles amusedly.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:42 am

"I am afraid that I must insist. After all, having come this far I'm sure that Celestia would be most displeased to discover that her ponies were to overconfident and lazy to do their jobs properly." Broken answered back, completely unconcerned about the amused chuckling that was going on from said guardian. "Assumptions make asses of us all. Besides, I'm sure that Celestia will be pleased to hear that we took the time to make sure that her friend protecting the vault was alright."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Krix doesn't seem to care about the damage nor the fortification on the banner. The banner also doesn't seem to care, for more obvious reasons. The kobold waves the banner vigorously before striking the unicorn with his banner...

Krix:
Critfisher (+3, 2d10) Roll: 6, 9

Banner:
Bite Damage Roll: 6
6 Damage to Unicorn

Pips: 7

Banner HP: 12
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Domain's turn
The banner seems to largely bounce off a layer of magical protection on Domain, resulting in little more than a light jump from the unicorn as he notices the little bugger right in front of him. Rather than attacking the kobold, though, he focuses for a moment, and a wave of magic issues from his horn, wrapping around his allies in a protective bubble. He also seems to dissolve some of the shield magic into a faint healing aura.

Summary:
All enemies except for Domain gain 4 temporary HP. Domain's minor healing just bumps him above bloodied level.

It's Iota's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus), Blinded for 1 round
Brightheart
Krix
>Banner
Noble Domain (Unicorn), Blinded for 1 round
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony)

No, no, I love this part-- There is a click, and a very long sequence of gears, rollers, and other mechanisms come to life, culminating in a small slot being opened up in the door.

From which a scalding burst of almost burning air roars out, blasting Broken back, though the other two (who are not in the path of the air blast) seem completely unfazed by this. It's fairly easy to climb out of the way of the jet of hot air, but once Broken gets to his feet, he finds that the jet isn't letting up at all, hot air continuing to spill into the hallway and bringing the area to an uncomfortably toasty temperature.

Oh, classic pen pushers, never knowing when to stop throwing their weight around. The voice sounds almost gleeful. Shall I stop?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 am

Iota's core goes into combat mode, straining itself a bit more to squeeze just a little more magical power out of the will-o-wisp encased inside the heavy demon armor. Stepping forward, and completely ignoring the spark that hit it in the face, Iota's core visibly flares out brightly as it lets out a harsh, rattling roar, one which anyone experienced in combat will recognize as a taunt and a challenge.

Combat mechanics:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 am

Recon rounds the final corner, to find the posted guards preoccupied in their battle with the rest of the team.

Seizing an opportunity, Recon uses the diversion to make for the vault and slip inside unnoticed.
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:58 am

There were a couple of things that Broken had been expecting when the vault door opened; Being blow back by a blast of hot air wasn't one of them. Grunting a little and mentally cursing his frail body once more, he forced himself back onto his hooves as squinted his eyes to try and see what was the source of the wind and heat... before it forced him to close his eyes and turn away, walking to the side to get out of the wind tunnel. Judging the room a little, he decided to make a small joke if only to lighten the mood just a little. "You know, normally I would say something about you being nothing but hot air but it seems you have enough of it to make it work for you."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:24 am

Mammoth's turn
"DIE, DEMON!"
Unlike the others, Mammoth, who is not blinded, immediately leaps into the fray, locking onto Iota as the primary target. He winds up, and swings at Iota with a reinforced steel hoof that hits more like a war hammer than a punch. The shield around Mammoth shatters from the impact, and the feedback seems to add even more damage to the assault, turning a solid hit into a powerful blast.

Mist's turn
Mist veers around sharply, not being able to see where to go but vaguely being able to navigate the hall. Her lightning trail sparks again, and this time a concentrated cluster of energy descends from above, striking Brightheart first, then leaping on to Krix and Iota. The energy seems to then explode, and adding another streak of electrical burn damage onto the assembled villains.

Summary:
Iota takes 10 damage from Mammoth's attack.
Brightheart, Iota and Krix takes 10 damage from Mist's attack.

It's Brightheart's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus)
Brightheart
Krix
>Banner
Noble Domain (Unicorn), Blinded for 1 Round
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony)

The voice laughs, before there is a hum, and the gears grind back together to close the slit in the door. Just before it closes, though, Broken notices... teeth? A row of sharp, serrated, predatory teeth, absolutely gargantuan in size.

I believe that will suffice as proof of identity. The voice rasps, sounding quite entertained.

Meanwhile, without anyone noticing, Recon sneaks past the battle and into the hallway leading up to the vault proper - immediately noting that the air is a little toasty inside. She also realizes that, if staying quiet, the fighting outside can be heard faintly on the inside of the vault...

Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:11 am

"Hah ha!" Brightheart raises Sunlight up, and charging it full of radiant energy, unleashes it in a cascade of crackling lightning and fire that slashes into his foes and bolsters his allies in equal measure.

Summary:
Iota and Krix get Regen 2 (which stacks with existing regen), the Banner loses regen
Brightheart, Iota and Krix and the Banner all heal for 7.

Combat Mechancs:

HP: 27
Energy: 2

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:33 am

As Recon travels the length of the tunnel, she deactivates her disguise system. Whoever had access to this side of the vault door must surely have clearance to know about the Recon project. Just to be safe, though, she activates her changeling scanners as she goes. After all, it's not unlike a changeling to show up in a place they're not supposed to be in.

Shame that changelings feed on love, because the irony here is quite delicious.

As she approaches the end of the tunnel, she spots the cripple from earlier and two more guards. The smell of burnt pony fur in the air coupled with the cackling from the other side of the gate ahead pretty much tells her why the tunnel got so warm.

The unicorn mare makes Recon's sensor jump, but not nearly high enough to scream "changeling". Maybe if what she said to Celestia about her scanners didn't have a few grains of truth...

"Classic pen pushers," she chuckles. "If only firing them could always be that literal, am I right?" Then, to the two guards, "Either of you the CO of the vault guards outside?"

Last edited by jaguargamma on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:44 am

There were a handful of creatures in Equestria that could meet what few pieces of evidence that Broken had born witness to as the vault door had opened... and all of them were big, nasty and had far to many teeth for him to want to go up against in a one on one fight. Of course, he had done what he had come here to do; He had scouted out the vault while weakening the defenders at the door so that the meat shields left behind would no doubt have a better chance to clear them out without causing large scale alarm.

"I believe you are correct. I will be sure to inform the Princess that you are in good health and that she can look forward to cake and tea with you again when time permits. " Glancing towards the two guard ponies, he nodded his head as he said "I believe I have all that I need." The 'Let's go' remaining unsaid but implied in his tone of voice.

...Only to have his ear twitch in annoyance as he turned to look at the voice of the very metal changeling that had decided to appear. "...You know, it's things like this that truly understand the legendary paladin ability to guard a door." The sarcasm was strong with this one.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:40 am

"Shut it."

She snaps a salute to the guards. She doubts they could see it in the dark, but a salute had a distinctive sound that surely anyone affiliated with the Royal Guard would recogni-...

Clang!

Metal hitting metal was not it.

"Project Recon Anti-Changeling Surveillance Prototype, unassigned," she says quickly, before the guards could accost her. Or whatever happened to the colt to happen to her. "Formerly Little Walker, tracker for the Changeling Detection Unit. I have authorization from Mother to..."

Recon winces and mutters a curse, then quickly corrects, "I have authorization from Princess Celestia to be here."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:27 am

The lead paladin regards Recon for a moment, before sighing deeply - you get the impression that if he wasn't a professional he'd be massaging the bridge of his nose. "Guard the vault, she said. It'll be simple, she said. You deserve a break after the Moloch siege, she said..."

He quickly regains his professionalism, though, and stands straight, returning the salute. "Argent Light, High Paladin of the Solaria Platinum. The guards outside are my subordinates, yes. What is the reason for you being here, Tracker?"

I smell metal. And bugs. The Guardian speaks up suddenly. Did someone bring me a new toy?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:03 am

Not particularly happy about being attacked and helped by lightning and fire, Krix throws his banner towards the guards, where it splits apart and branches spring out and grazes whomever they hit...

This would be annoying enough if the breaking of the banner wasn't a sign that roughly translated to "Everyone, get in here!" From seemingly nowhere and everywhere, the room begins to flood with creatures like Krix, but smaller. These meek little things could be swatted away with a slap to the face, but the sheer number of them makes them a credible threat. The eighty or so kobolds start to swarm the three guards, with those closest getting it whatever attacks they can with their claws...

Krix:
Inspired: +2 HP
Conjure Fire Giant
Bone Splinters: Banner Destroyed
The Spirit Ascends: Conjure Fire Giant
Bone Splinters Damage Roll: 3
3 Damage to Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth Pony

Kobold Swarm A:
Blazing Blade Damage Roll: 3
3 Damage to Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth Pony

Kobold Swarm B:
Blazing Blade Damage Roll: 7
7 Damage to Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth Pony

HP: 29

Kobold Swarm A | B
HP: 40 | 40
Pips: 3 | 3
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:29 am

Domain's Interrupts
The unicorn widens his eyes at the sudden swarm of kobolds flooding the room, but he still calmly ignites his horn, shielding himself and the pegasus with a bubble that causes most of the splinters and waves of kobolds to break harmlessly over a magical barrier, only allowing a few weak hits here and there through to the guards.

Summary:
Domain immediately gains 4 Temp HP and Resist 2 (save ends) for the final 7 damage attack.
Mist gains 5 Temp HP and Resist 2 (Save ends), triggered off the first attack.

Interrupt Wombat:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:36 am

Domain's turn
His horn flares again, and another wave of protective energy washes over Mist. Mammoth, who looks like he's having the time of his life battering his way through waves of kobolds, is not included in the wave of energy, and some of the left over magic goes back into Domain's body, energizing him. The mage shield spell he just activated wears off, but it still looks like he has some manner of passive  shield around him, protecting him from minor harm.

Summary:
Mist gains temp 4, Domain saves against the resist 2, Blind for Domain wears off. (and retroactively also for Mist, since I didn't mention that).

It's Iota's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus) Resist 2 (Save ends)
Brightheart
Krix
>Swarm A
>Swarm B
Noble Domain (Unicorn)
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony)

Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony