Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Token Evil IC

+5
AleneShazam
Espresso
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
DutchTilt
9 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Token Evil IC - Page 3 Empty Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Crystalite Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:57 am

Zipper gently led the... Changeling... Robot... Pony to the kitchen, showing her to a wide steel sink set in the corner near the chemical shelf with his various cleaners. "Magic? Neigh, spirits, professor," he corrected, calling from the other room as he set a kettle of water on the stove. "They invite positive souls, and frighten away the negative ones. They are culture, not magic," he explained as he rummaged in a file cabinet for a manilla folder.

Zippers re-entered the living room, stepping into the circle and dropping the folder on the table. "Now. This is one of my... Contacts in the palace kitchens. A cook type by the name of Sweet Tooth. Really nice guy, usually, so long as he gets his 'powdered sugar' every day," he explained. "I'll go talk to him later today, but he should be able to get us in the palace at least," he said, his ears perking as the tea kettle began to whistle.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:24 am

Once at the sink, the artificial stomach upturns to drain its liquid contents through its single entrance port. Recon, meanwhile, casts a deadpan glance up at the nearest mask.

”A mask on a wall. Surely, no worse form of hell exists that a soul may endure."

When the stream of bum-scum rum slows to a trickle, she finds a nearby bucket to empty the rotting slop remnants into, periodically swirling water to make sure she got it all. She runs water into the now-empty sac, adds an assortment of cleaning agents, and sends in a brush to scrub its interior.

"I could use my own abilities to scope out the place, perhaps plot a route to our objective. I might also be able to set up a diversion to make our task easier."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:02 pm

"I can get the jewels out of there once we have them. No one can catch a kobold," boasts Krix, claw on chest with pride...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:20 pm

"And we'll help!" Hallows says with pride. "I don't know what else we'd do, though," Gallows adds, her nose noticably wrinkled by the gross scents coming from the robot's compost sack. "We won't blend in at all."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Zippers got returned to the kitchen and took the kettle off the stove. "Knowing which way we're going would definitely be useful," he said, offering the changeling a can air freshener from the cleaner shelf. "And knowing we can get it back out is good," he continued, nodding to the little dragon as he began preparing the tea pot. "I feel like the lovely canines here would do best going with the distraction crew. Run interference for the kobolds." he offered.

"Assuming such a thing is even necessary, of course," Zippers said as he brought the finished tea tray in and set it on the table. "For my part, I may be able to get in with the catering crew, which should allow me to do... Well, all kinds of fun things," he said with a chuckle. "In which case I can probably pass our canines off as my assistants or something. Of course, once we know where the jewels are, there is the critical matter of removing the metaphorical nails holding them down the floor," he pointed out.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:27 pm

The scrubbing motion inside the sac slows as a plan starts to come together.

"I was intending to infiltrate the catering crew myself and do some 'fun things' of my own. Perhaps you and I could combine our respective talents to compliment each other."

As she gives her artificial stomach a thorough rinse, she asks, "What sorts of things did you have in mind?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:54 am

"I can probably get the guard moving in the opposite direction. I think I'm still respected enough around these parts to get them to turn a blind eye." Brightheart says confidently, letting his sword emit the soft glow again. "Even if not, I should be able to cover for you if you get caught. A Knight Paladin's name carries weight, even a retired one."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:55 pm

"Self-upgraded to Archmage model. Capable of identifying and breaking enchantments and spells. Ponies rely on magic, can perfectly counter."

Iota rasps out, as the others offer up what they are capable of. One of its gloves light up with red magic for emphasis.

"Am also adept at brute force approach. Armor immune to all elements. Physical strength also amplified."

After a long pause, Iota adds, "...can also pretend to be empty suit of armor."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  DutchTilt Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:55 pm

"Very good. I shall make myself available to provide mechanical assistance," said the professor in a distracted tone of voice. He briefly considered giving one of the strange masks a testing touch, but thought better of it and turned back towards the rest of the group. "Once we have the prize in hoof, I can easily ensure it remains concealed until we deliver it to our, a-hem, 'employer,' and my flying machine should make for an effective getaway vehicle."
DutchTilt
DutchTilt
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottDHarrisFilms

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:00 pm

"We all know what we are doing?" asks Krix. "We need to get started! We must act quick! Go, go already!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:12 am

"It does sound like we have a plan," Recon mutters.

The artificial stomach now clean, Recon turns it around in the air to bring its entrance port into view. The valve holds itself open, designed to permit food and liquids to pass through one way, then seal itself shut. Finding an appropriate cutting tool among Zippers' mechanical supplies, Recon carefully trims away parts of the valve to leave a small hole for gasses to escape. The alteration complete, she inspects her work, squeezing the sac with her hooves to ensure that trapped air could pass through the hold she'd just made.

"It will do for now."

With that, the tool she used returns to the place she found it, and the artificial stomach returns to its place in her frame. A second goes by, and then the robot is a cyan unicorn with a lavender mane.

"I suspect the palace guards and staff will be cycling between their night shifts and day shifts soon. Zippers and I can use that time to infiltrate the palace unnoticed and begin our reconnaissance. We will set up the diversions as we do so--most likely in the palace kitchens, if we're to disguise ourselves as members of the catering staff. Brightheart, you could use your influence to direct the guards to the kitchen to contain our handiwork once the diversion goes off. In the meantime, Zippers and I will return to our point of entry to fetch the rest of you, and guide you to the vault our objective is kept in. We take care of any guards that happen to still be there, claim possession of the objective, and make our escape before they've finished dealing with the kitchen crisis. If anypony has anything to add, speak now."

Rolls:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:25 am

Driven by inbuilt instincts to follow orders, Iota responds to Recon with a grinding salute.

"Understood. Will execute promptly."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:04 pm

"Is there anything to eat?" Hallows pipes up. "I'm still kinda hungry."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:48 am

As the plan is solidified and prepared over the course of an hour, the group finally departs from Zippers' lab and travels towards the royal palace while the streets are still largely empty.

They arrive fairly easy at the side-entrance for food deliveries and catering staff, and find a good corner to hunker down without arousing suspicion. There they can execute their plan, the members heading off to wherever they need to be, while the rest remain unnoticed.

The barest hints of morning start gracing Canterlot, as the sky turns from inky black to a hazy purple. Zipper soon spots head chef Sweet Tooth trotting up to the entrance to open up the kitchen for the day.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:24 pm

The twins huddle down with everyone else, taking a moment to lie down next to each other, waiting. "So remind me again when you want us to run around nipping at guards' heels? Once the little lizard guys take the jewels?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:46 pm

"Do it if a guard is coming and we can't stop them. Bite them and leg it, they'll chase you," answers Krix, "That's the plan right? I wasn't listening much."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:59 am

Zippers moves smoothly up to the chef, who appears to recognize him immediately. After a short exchange, Sweet Tooth nods his head furiously, and opens up the door, pointedly leaving it open as he goes in to get the kitchen prepped.

The kitchen is very large, as expected of the royal palace, with rows upon rows of stoves, freezers, and other such kitchen things.

(Roll perception if you want to look for things that could be used for distractions)

Meanwhile, Sweet Tooth speaks loudly to himself that the day guards stationed in front of the kitchen should arrive soon, and that any intruders in the kitchen might get caught without sufficient misdirection.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:34 am

Recon follows behind Zippers and his contact, passively scanning her surroundings for a possible diversion as she enters the kitchen.
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:07 am

Brightheart's ears perk up at the mention of approaching guards, and chuckles. "Well, in that case, I suppose I should go and run interference, eh?"

He turns and gestures for Iota to follow. "Could you come along too, friend? I have an idea to keep any other guards to approach at bay, but I will require your assistance."

Without really waiting for an answer, Brightheart marches off at a jolly pace towards the door leading to the rest of the castle.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:33 am

Krix looks around for something that could hide him while moving through the castle. He keeps an eye out for a dish trolley and tablecloth that can be dressed over it while looking for distractions...

(Perception Check: 3 (Roll) + 11 (Skill) + 1 (Twins) = 15)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Upon entering the kitchen, the twins' extra potent noses immediately alert them to the probable existence of food nearby. They slink off through the kitchen under the pretense of looking for distracting implements- but are really sniffing out the pantry for a snack.

Perception and Stealth rolls:
Perception- food and other goodies: 10+17=27
Stealth- hiding from guards or workers, whichever: 5+6=11
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:58 am

The animated armor stares at the knight for a few moments before shrugging (with the standard grinding and clattering of metal plates) and following after him.

"Orders acknowledged..."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:31 am

Brightheart and Iota come out of the kitchen just as a small squad of guards rounds the corner. They immediately raise their spears at the pair before the guard at the front holds up a hoof for them to stand ground.

"...Brightheart?" It's a mare's voice that comes from the guard, and when she drops down her helmet, Brightheart recognizes the face of Solar Wind, his first in command while he served in the Order of the Royal Sun. "When did you come back to Canterlot? I thought you got hitched and ran off with that necromancer girl?"

Upon hearing Brightheart's name, there is some murmuring among the guards, with some concern but generally with awe and wonderment.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

"I can come back to visit my old friends, can't I?" Brightheart laughs jovially, although his expression quickly grows serious. "Well, I wish it were that simple, but nay, crisis is upon Canterlot, and it is up to you to resolve it. During my trek up the mountain I caught sight of certain creatures - gargoyles, demonic scouts - fluttering around the city. I do not want to cause a panic, but I fear this may be a prelude to a demonic invasion."

He sighs, and unsheathes his sword. "Although I would still consider myself a knight, I fear I have fallen out of favor with the Princess for falling in love with one of evil nature. So, I would like you - all of you, for this is a grave matter that calls for as many guards as able - to report to the Princess and sound the order to bolster the defenses of the outskirts. The fate of the city counts on how quickly you are able to do this."

After telling the half lie completely straight-faced, he taps himself on the breastplate. "Me and my imposing comrade here will hold this post until you return, so please, make haste!"

Persuasion: 1d20 (18) + 7 Skill + 5 FK: Chivalry and Honor (ordering knights to battle demons and defend a town is pretty honor-y, right?) = 30.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:16 am

As the guards listen to Brightheart's account, their expressions grow more and more grave, and Solar Wind nods quickly beckoning for the others to follow her. "Demons... you're right, the Princess absolutely must hear about this. We need to take action immediately... Brightheart, thank you for coming to warn us, even though you've retired already. The boys were a little worried when they heard you got hitched with a necromancer... but it's good to see you're still on the side of the good. Wait for us to come back, we won't be long. You can still handle basic guard duty, can't you?"

She gives him a quick grin before heading off. Brightheart estimates that the group should have twenty minutes or so to rig the kitchen before the guards return.

With a little teamwork, the group inside the kitchen notice a few ways to create a suitable distraction. First they can rig the stoves to back up on themselves and explode, which is sure to draw the attention of many, serving as a good immediate distraction. They could also spike the water supply and food in the kitchen so that when it's sent out for the staff and guards later, it'll cause a large commotion later on. There's a speaking tube for ordering food in other rooms, and if a loud noise is projected through it, the noise would reach most major rooms in the castle.

The twins find some delicious looking smoked bacon and spiced jerky to munch on, as well as a tube of cookies and biscuits. That's all the food that's immediately edible, although if cooking is involved then just about any dish can be made using the ingredients in the kitchen.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next