Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set

3 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set - Page 6 Empty Re: Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:11 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"Mint..." Violet mutters, and Mint appears beside her as she meanders closer to the barrel where the spooky stuff happened. Her hoof swirls around the ground in an obscure arcane gesture, and she telekinetically takes a plank or a barrel cover or something, and quickly covers up the barrel with it. She then runs over to get close enough that Mint can freeze the barrel and the cover in place with a touch (but not whatever is inside).

"Um, sorry to do this but you're currently in a lot of danger," While talking, she takes some sap creeper seeds, grows them into sappy sticky vines, and wraps them around the barrel to keep it closed even without Mint. "You're safer in here than out there, where we can protect you."

While talking, Violet glances at the encroaching ice, but frowns when she notices it stop. "Uhm, Mr. River, is there anyway you can check on what's happening upstairs? Or, um I can go and you can keep the changeling safe here."
River turns his attention to the unfrozen walls of the room. "I can't send Float On through the ice to look around the house, but if I send it outside, it can peer though the windows. Maybe those unicorns found him." You spot Float On appear and zoom towards and through the walls of the basement, and after a few seconds River gains a surprised look. "Oooooh," he gasps, "It seems Splendor has caught the enemy stand user on the roof. It seems the ice can't grow unless he's touching it. But, we saw the stand in the ice on the ground floor. How does that work?"

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Now now, while you're up there why not get some fresh air, take in the view. Calm yourself down a little so we can talk like the gentleponies that I am, and you probably aren't." Splendor keeps him suspended, examining a hoof idly. "Quit being all shouty, at the very least."

Persuasion: Nat 1+7= this should be good
Wow, you sure showed him. You've shown who's in charge here. I bet that guy is shaking in his cowboy boots that he's not wearing but if he was wearing any cowboy boots boy would they be shaking right now. If you had an audience, they'd be going wild now. Somewhere, an eagle sheds a tear in amazed respect towards you and your snarkiness. This is it, your magnum opus in the art of conversation. From here on out, no sentence ever spoken will be able to exceed more than what this has achieved. Perhaps it is best you had no audience, for had anypony else heard this, then the magnitude of your message would spread through Equestria, and the world would fall silent, as if all were ashamed that they could never say anything as impactful as what you have just said. There is no doubt about it, there is no way this pony could ignore or disregard your requests now...

A silence hangs in the air for a while...

"...Okay. Let me down and we'll talk it out pardner."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set - Page 6 Empty Re: Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Splendor looks up at him in thinly veiled disbelief. Slowly, Space Cowboy starts reeling him in, but keeps him suspended a few feet above Splendor's head. "Now, that's a little better. There are better ways to go about rooting out changelings than attacking ponies and freezing their houses, you know."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:12 pm

"Maybe he can control the stand if he's in contact with the body of ice the stand is in?" Violet suggests, looking around nervously. "Maybe I should head up and see if I can help. U... Mr. River, do you spot any place where I can get out or do I have to brute force it?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:53 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Splendor looks up at him in thinly veiled disbelief. Slowly, Space Cowboy starts reeling him in, but keeps him suspended a few feet above Splendor's head. "Now, that's a little better. There are better ways to go about rooting out changelings than attacking ponies and freezing their houses, you know."
"I didn't attack anypony, I didn't even know they were any inside. I saw the changelin' crawl in here trying to run from me and thought that, if I freeze the house, it can't git out. It'll be unfrozen when I'm done, I swear."

AleneShazam wrote:"Maybe he can control the stand if he's in contact with the body of ice the stand is in?" Violet suggests, looking around nervously. "Maybe I should head up and see if I can help. U... Mr. River, do you spot any place where I can get out or do I have to brute force it?"
River shakes his head. "The stairs are the only way down here. But if the ice has stopped growing, it should be fine to walk on, right? You'll only have to knock down a door or two. Hahaha." River's laughter turns into the disappointing realisation that he doesn't have enough money to afford all of these repairs. He turns his eyes upwards. "You could also try making your way back up through that hole and punch through the ice that covered the wall hole you punched earlier. Bit trickier but, y'know..."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:33 pm

"Ok, you freeze the house, and then what, wait for it to starve?" Splendor tugs at Space Cowboy, quite literally jerking the country pony around. "And why would you just assume that a house, where ponies live, wouldn't have ponies in it?" He pulls him down a bit lower, just a foot or two off the ground, but still being pulled skyward and unable to move.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:22 pm

"I can make that work... I think..." Violet says, trotting up to the hole in the floorboards. "Mint?"

The stand appears, and combining Violet's telekinesis with Mint's freezing ability, she creates a make-shift set of steps from barrels or anything similar lying around, and creeps upstairs, wasting no time in enacting River's suggestion of busting through the ice with a combination of Mint and her witchfire.

(Should I roll anything for this?)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Ok, you freeze the house, and then what, wait for it to starve?" Splendor tugs at Space Cowboy, quite literally jerking the country pony around. "And why would you just assume that a house, where ponies live, wouldn't have ponies in it?" He pulls him down a bit lower, just a foot or two off the ground, but still being pulled skyward and unable to move.
"Hey hey hey, careful!" The pony's grip on his hat tigthens as you heave him around the sky. "After I freeze the house, my stand'll find that doggone changelin' and take care of it, then I unfreeze the house and be on my merry way. Besides, it's like..." The stallion twists his head upwards towards the sun, brim shielding his eyes with shade. "...two fourty seven? Fourty three? Who'd be home this far away from the city at that time like this on a weekday? Folks would still be working, or off to pick up their foals from school. 'Course the place gonna be empty. And if it ain't, I ain't gonna wait for that thing to suck up all the love of anypony inside while I sit outside waitin' for it to be done."

AleneShazam wrote:The stand appears, and combining Violet's telekinesis with Mint's freezing ability, she creates a make-shift set of steps from barrels or anything similar lying around, and creeps upstairs, wasting no time in enacting River's suggestion of busting through the ice with a combination of Mint and her witchfire.

(Should I roll anything for this?)
"Good luck," River calls after you, "Stay safe."

(Sure, roll Athletics/Acro to see how quick you make your way up your makeshift steps if you are trying to do it fast. Don't need to roll to destroy the ice...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:33 pm

(12+10 skill=22)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:48 pm

AleneShazam wrote:(12+10 skill=22)
You manage to climb the steps quickly, and bash your way though the ice thanks to Mint and your flames. Through the hole in the wall made earlier, you make your way outside. Looking around, you see that the whole house has been encased in ice, but it hasn't spread out to the ground or anything, only the house is frozen...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Violet looks around cautiously, sneaking around the house to check for any trees that can be climbed up that's in view of the roof. If there are any, she climbs up it, keeping herself out of sight of anyone who might be looking.

(Stealth?: 14 + 5 = 19)

AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 pm

"Reckless and chaotic. Acting like you cared after the fact won't change anything." Splendor lowers him, now just above the roof, but still suspended upwards. "I think you've calmed down now, at least enough to talk. Don't change that and make me hang you all the way out into space." Space Cowboy isn't long enough, obviously, but this stallion doesn't need to know that. Gravity shifts, and he is now suspended the right way up, before Space Cowboy releases him.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:23 am

AleneShazam wrote:Violet looks around cautiously, sneaking around the house to check for any trees that can be climbed up that's in view of the roof. If there are any, she climbs up it, keeping herself out of sight of anyone who might be looking.
There's not any trees right next to the house, but Tall Tale's forest is close by, which has plenty of trees tall enough to see what is happening. It takes a small while to sneak and climb a tree without being spotted, but it seems you were sucessful. From there, you see two ponies on top of the frozen roof: Splendor, his back facing towards you, and an unknown red earth pony sitting opposite. The earth pony has just finished saying something, but too far to overhear...

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Reckless and chaotic. Acting like you cared after the fact won't change anything." Splendor lowers him, now just above the roof, but still suspended upwards. "I think you've calmed down now, at least enough to talk. Don't change that and make me hang you all the way out into space." Space Cowboy isn't long enough, obviously, but this stallion doesn't need to know that. Gravity shifts, and he is now suspended the right way up, before Space Cowboy releases him.
After being released, the pony plants his flank firmly onto the roof and takes a deep breath, removing his hat and fanning his face with it. "Whew," he utters, spitting his wheat out and grabbing another from his hat, chewing on the new wheat and resting his hat behind him, "Ain't no earth pony s'pose to be that far from the ground. Just ain't right. So, what exactly you wanna say? As lon' as the house is still frozen, ain't no changelin' gettin' out, and 'cus you let me go, maybe you ain't wantin' the changelin' gettin' out too."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 am

Violet watches patiently as the events unfold before her. She'll trust the unicorn to deal with things for now - but that doesn't mean she's going to be idle this whole time. Using her telekinesis, she begins to collect rocks or fruits from the trees and the ground below, growing her own if need be.

If things go sideways, she wants to have some ammunition on hoof.

Green Touch:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:22 pm

"Oh no, nothing like that. I went on a very long trip to come all the way out to this nowhere town on some very important business, which has been stalled by your vigilante changeling hunt. I don't care about the changeling- it can either go free and you can go chasing it, or you capture it or whatever. I just want this business concluded shortly, as its already inconvenienced me enough. But the ones I came with are probably helping the changeling escape or something, so if I were you I'd realign your plans in that direction." Splendor shifts his weight. "Undoing the ice would be a good start."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Violet watches patiently as the events unfold before her. She'll trust the unicorn to deal with things for now - but that doesn't mean she's going to be idle this whole time. Using her telekinesis, she begins to collect rocks or fruits from the trees and the ground below, growing her own if need be.

If things go sideways, she wants to have some ammunition on hoof.
After a while, you manage to accumulate some rocks and some still-shelled aesculus hippocastanum nuts from the tree. That's horse-chestnuts for you and I, which is odd 'cus they aren't chestnuts and in fact poisonous. It's actually a little bizarre seeing one here, because horse-chestnuts aren't native to Equestria, and while some were cultivated in parks several hundred years back, this ain't a park nor close to one. This particular tree seems at least a century old so its not a recent addition anyway. You manage to drag yourself from pondering more about the tree to focus at the task at hoof...

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Oh no, nothing like that. I went on a very long trip to come all the way out to this nowhere town on some very important business, which has been stalled by your vigilante changeling hunt. I don't care about the changeling- it can either go free and you can go chasing it, or you capture it or whatever. I just want this business concluded shortly, as its already inconvenienced me enough. But the ones I came with are probably helping the changeling escape or something, so if I were you I'd realign your plans in that direction." Splendor shifts his weight. "Undoing the ice would be a good start."
The pony becomes flabbergasted, about to lose his temper to your instruction, but catches himself with a deep breathe. "Look partner, if I let the changelin' escape, I ain't gonna find it again," he illustrates to you slowly and calmly. "It'll get away, it'll tell its hive, and they'll hunt me down like fruit bats to the only orange for miles. Who knows how many ponies they'll hurt in the process. This ain't just 'bout jus' one lone changelin', I need to protect Equestria here!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Wow, so I never got notified about this last update...

"Again with the saving Equestria thing. You really don't make a lot of sense." Splendor sighs, and Space Cowboy drops the Pony Cowboy onto the roof, and then coils up over Splendor's shoulder. "Fine then, go and chase your changeling. Just de-ice the house."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Seeing no fighting take place, Violet relaxes slightly and thinks about her plan of action. Ideally, everyone gets free. Violet doesn't particularly care for changelings, but she has nothing against them either. Next step down would be a peaceful resolution for her and Rapid River. So allowing the attacker to take away the changeling wouldn't hurt, either.

She descends from the tree, and makes her way back to the house. She keeps a hoofful of those horse-chestnuts levitated, or stuffed into a pouch, but otherwise makes no hostile motions as she approaches.

Making sure she's clearly visible, she calls up to those on the rooftop, "Uhm, Excuse me, sirs, have you come to a peaceful resolution?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6