Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread)

+3
Senshuken
jaguargamma
Espresso
7 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread) - Page 11 Empty Re: Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread)

Post  Goldstone14 Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:40 am

"If I could suggest we get a room to stay in, extended stay. Also...."

Looking at the others around her, she sighs. Theres no point hiding it at this point, but she should be careful about how she approached this... She looked at Hep, speaking casually.

"Hey, you, Hep. We need a moment alone, just the few of us, yah? Need to discuss things about our proceedings on, if we're gonna be a crew and all that. Sound fair?"
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread) - Page 11 Empty Re: Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread)

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 am

"I don't care where we go next, long as it ain't with anythin' gigantic," adds Mori, finished from hiding behind Vulcan and adding his share of bits to his satchel...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:15 am

Glancing at Grey, Apollo raised his eyebrow a little at her suggestions but didn't say anything about it. While he suspected what she wanted to do... well, she was a grown mare and she could make her own decisions. "I'm alright with getting some proper rest. Anyone know where we should go because... well, I'm new here and I suspect any place I pick will be trying to rip us off as badly as possible."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:37 pm

"I was just gonna grab a bunch of clouds and build a small shack out away from El Dorado."

Frisky points to the cloud over her head.

"That's just gonna flood any place we get."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Vulcan sighs and breathes a thick plume of fire at the cloud to try and dislodge it from its semi-permanent perch. It's trouble enough speaking with the group without a  miniature storm raging overhead.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Hephaestus shrugs. "There's plenty of room and board around the lower rings. If you're not looking to continue working for the Gold Sky, I've got other places to be, so I'll take my leave for now. Stay safe, yeah? I'd hate to see you all broken up again." The last bit seems to be directed at Vulcan, and Hephaestus spreads his wings, taking off towards the docking area.

The cloud disappears with a poof, evaporating into steam, but before long small wisps have coalesced back into form above Frisky, though for now they seem thin and wispy, not looking like rain.

(Streetwise to look for a place to stay, likewise to look for places to buy specific things ala Vulcan's booze and Trigger's gear)
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 am

"I haven't been to any of the Sky home bases other than the Grind..." Trigger shrugs. "I guess our best bet is just to look around and see where to go."

Streetwise Rolls:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:01 am

Frisky watches with a scowl as her personal raincloud poofs away...and then starts to reform above her head again. Not as a rainstorm, fortunately.

"I don't trust this crystal to behave itself for long, but it should be good long enough to get some food. Still gonna set up a cloudy-camp off El Dorado, though, just to be safe."

She glances up at the sky above the city as she follows the group, trying to look for a good spot away from airship traffic.

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 am

While the others might have had things on their minds to purchase, Apollo didn't want to spend anymore money then he had to. Since no one was truly familiar with the area, all that they could do was look around and try to get the best deal that balanced the amount of bits they needed to spend vs the quality of their stay. The fact that Frisky was planning on setting herself up on a cloud somewhere rather then rain wherever they tried to stay would properly help out a lot.

Dice Rolls:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 am

"As long as they sell alcohol, I'm game." Vulcan says.

Streetwise:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:43 pm

"Do we really need a place? We did just sleep the way here, and I ain't sure 500 bits lasts long in El Dorado."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:31 am

The streets of El Dorado have stores and services of all kinds, and eventually, the party manages to find an inn that has private rooms for both short and long term -  rooms can be reserved only for a couple hours, or for the whole night if need be. It's also not too costly, with a flat rate of 50 bits on a drinking room reservation and 20 bits a head for sleeping room reservations. Though it goes without saying that food and drink is extra. Much to Vulcan's delight, the inn does have caskets of alcohol in bulk that they're willing to part with for 15 bits.

Trigger manages to find a good engineering place run by a Brass Sky pirate who's set up shop on the flying city doing repairs for equipment and ships. He greets Trigger enthusiastically, explaining that he doesn't get that many like-minded ship junkies around town, and offers to sell Trigger her supplies for cheap, at only 20 bits per leg replacement and 10 bits total to replenish whatever spent supplies she's used.

Frisky notices that while there's a lot of air traffic around the city, there's actually very little traffic above it - probably to minimize the damage potential of ship accidents. So there's plenty of space to gather up a cloud away from the influence of the pegasi engines.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:22 pm

"So," Trigger says, rejoining the group once she's bought all the supplies she needs. "I'm more for getting a meal then getting out of dodge rather than staying for much longer. The day's still pretty young, I reckon. Is there something you lot need to do that'll take time?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:16 pm

"I... We need to get a room, if only for a minute or two. If we are going to be traveling together as a crew, I'm not going to make my own life a pain, so We need to talk in private. And this won't work. At all."

Grey seems nervous when stating this, rubbing the back of her head, glancing at Apollo shortly.
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:43 am

"Let me guess, Hidden Sky stuff right?" Mori responds, "I doubt it's that important that anyone 'round us would care."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:26 am

"Can't you just... I don't know, write it down then burn it after?" Vulcan asks. "In any case, excuse me for a moment."

He proceeds to purchase as many casks of the strongest alcohol it takes to fill his tank... and then some. "Hey, gun lady... Trigger. Do you mind holding onto a few casks for me?"

He also takes the chance to buy a decent hot meal, since that wasn't available onboard Hephaestus' ship.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am

"Huh?" Trigger glances at the drake. "Yeah, sure. No guarantees on safety, though. I've got more than a few things that explode in there."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Apollo offered Grey a quick nod of the head, understanding what it was she wanted to explain and the difficulty that would no doubt come in explaining it. Clearing his throat, he decided to throw in his two bits. "Trust me, I want to be back on a ship and earning coin just like the rest of you, but since we don't have a job or a ship to board, we might as well take advantage of a decent meal and a clean bed to rest on while we look and wait to see what pops up. If Grey wants to tell us something in the privacy of one of the rooms we book, I don't see the harm. So lets get something to eat, in some cases something to drink and relax a little after a rather stressful job by all accounts. We'll meet up in Grey's room in what... half an hour?" He glanced around at Grey and the rest of the party, seeing how half an hour of free time before having to attend Grey's meeting would fare with the group.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 pm

"Well, I don't really need food. Or sleep, for that matter," Trigger says. She taps her chest, letting the metallic sound ring clear. "I just need fuel, and I have plenty of that in storage."

"But if you want to speak, I can just stick around."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:46 pm

"If we really want a job quick, we could go for the one Prince said for what's-her-name. Anastacia"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 am

"That, and if you have something to say, I'd rather we get it over with." Vulcan crosses his arms. "It'll bug me for the whole break otherwise. I'll book a room if no one objects to it."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am

"Book away," says Frisky. "You can scratch one bed, though. I'm gonna cloudy-camp."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 am

"I'll just book a private room for the moment, I'm not convinced we'll be staying for long enough to sleep."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:10 pm

The barkeeper finds an open room for the party once Vulcan pays him - it's basically just a room with a table and seats, and a bell to call for a server. It seems fairly soundproof, but music does filter through, and you can hear the loud revelry from an apparently successful crew from the room over.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 am

Apollo shrugged a little as the group made it clear that they just wanted to get things over and done with. After Vulcan paid the barkeeper and the group was led towards a largely soundproofed room, he quietly moved to stand by Grey in order to offer his silent support.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next