Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 38 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Huh. I can't imagine Gleeda with It's Witchcraft. Though I'm sure I'm just not seeing whatever idea you have in mind.

Xand, I don't think the issue is that the items themselves are OP. It's that certain ones are OP if a lot of people have them. One character with regen armor? Not a huge problem. 3 or 4.... now that's a big difference. (Basically the same deal as Friend in Deed being fine individually but, being OP if most of the party has it.)

If we're going to do combat items, here are the things Whisper might like:
Weapons: Defensive Blade, Staff of the Healer, Staff of Miracles
Armor: Lifebound Armor, Hierophant Armor, Mithril Fullplate
Trinkets: Ring of Resilience, Iron Shield, Ring of Strategic Withdrawal, Talisman of Vitality, Phoenix Cape, Cloak of the Reborn Phoenix

I'd be fine with you making up stuff though. Also what I'd really like to see are non-combat items. Nvm, you're already doing that. I don't really have any ideas atm.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 38 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 pm

More or less my thoughts were that Gleeda could use the magic of her bow to do magical lightning stuff... After all lightning can do anything. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 pm

So what you're saying is that we need a way for Blade Blocker and Chitin to also pick up It's Witchcraft (or something similar) as well so the whole party would have it eventually. Chitin clearly would use her psychic powers and Blade Blocker could use Chitin's psychic powers (because in my mind Blade Blocker is inexplicably taking Dynamic Duo and pairing up with Chitin). Then we have a wizard, an artifact user, a divine power user, a psychic, and a psychic-by-proxy. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Yes totally that, I want that! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 am

Think I'd take

Weapon: Defensive Blade
Armor: Plaguebearer
Trinkets: Nightvision Goggles, Ring of Resilience, Rabbit-Filled Hat

If anyone is concerned about the items usage, you could just say that if you want items, you've got to make your own, or have somepony else make them for you. Assuming we're going at the stated item prices.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:04 am

Hmmmm, I think Whisper would like is an entire kitchen that can be folded up into the size of a rubix cube and can be deployed and stored at will. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:11 am

I now forsee Gleeda trying to follow an item into wherever it goes... For some reason... Don't ask me why now, I'll come up with that reason later when it happens.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:13 am

Gleeda is too big an object for Whisper to carry on her own, thus mechanically you cannot enter her Disheveled Depository. geek

Edit: Ok, that may be a lie since apparently Whisper could throw pick up and throw an unwilling Chitin.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:14 am

That wont stop her... She'll just make her try to figure out something...

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah but, you'll never succeed because every time you get close it'll turn out just to be Chitin in disguise. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

but if it turns out that Chitin is Whisper, then who is Chitin?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:57 am

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 38 Disguise
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYPONY!!!!

Thanks for the memories...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey guys, so my laptop is in the shop and I only have occasional access to a computer (and it's a bit on the slow side).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:08 am

^That sounds like a real bummer Ramsus. Do you know when you're going to be getting your laptop back?

And speaking of slow, I might as well mention this now guys, but since college classes are coming to a close, I'm going to be extra busy over the next two weeks. I'll still probably find time to procrastinate on the PT boards, but I'm going to really have to try cutting down my posting, since class officially ends on December 3rd, and I'm going to be commenting on and grading papers until probably a couple days after that.

Like I said, I'll probably keep up the posts, but I'll have to try slowing down some more for my own good - at least until after December 5th or 6th.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Not really. Could be later today, could be later in the week.

Just give the all A's and comment "Shut up and take your A. I'm busy.". =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 am

Just so everypony knows, I've been busy all day grading some last-minute papers (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

It's pretty late right now, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening to update the IC thread again. With any luck, DB will have posted by then too. He must be pretty busy with his new job, because he's had a pretty noticeable slow-down in his posting frequency as of late.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 pm

sorry about that. It's just been a particularly busy week between work and thanksgiving.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:59 am

^My turn to say sorry guys!

As I mentioned earlier, I've been having to deal with a lot of my students' papers recently, and I'll be slowing down my posting a bit.

The tricky thing too is that since you guys are all split up, it takes me even longer to type updates for everypony - and I don't want anypony to feel left out if I don't get around to updating them so I've been trying to update everypony at relatively the same time, and... It just takes a good bit of time. I know I'm prolonging my suffering to some extent here, but in a way, I can't wait to get you guys all back together sometime soon...

Anyways, I'll start work on another update now (;

Edit: Yawn, a few things about moves in the race combat:

First off, I'm going to say that moves like Invigorating Strike, that give an ally temp HP and what not, add half the temp HP total (rounded up) to their damage roll. So basically for the purposes of the race, Invigorating Strike will be doing D8 +3 damage each time you use it.

Also, as far as Draw Blood goes, I hadn't thought about that when I was making the racing system honestly... I kind of want to allow for Ongoing Effects like damages, blinds, stuns, etc. (since blinding an opponent in a race seems like something you should be able to do)... So for now, let's try to treat Draw Blood as a normal Ongoing that inflicts a save ends, and every turn you make an attack while it's still in effect you'll get bonus damage (in this case, 1 point will be added to your damage total every turn - after the turn you use it of course - until it's saved against).

Sound good?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:35 am

well one good thing is, with labyrinth's united more or less done we can potentially move this group along to meet up with the university group within a post or two with a timeskip?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Well, my Skype is acting wonky right now or I'd have asked over a PM, but Xel - are you just waiting for me to post again at Labyrinth's United?

I haven't been in a hurry to post since I've been commenting on my classes' papers as of late, but if you want to pass your turn for now, please let me know. I've kind of been waiting for you or Yawn to post again before I type anything else up.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm

((Yeah, definitely gonna boost now. That should take me from 9 to 6 Pips including the 1 Pip I gained this round.))

Use the boost to get through!

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:10 am

That's been in my head all day XP
XandZero2 wrote:...
Another technical question for ya Xand. I did some basic math before coming to my decision for this bout but when I showed it to Xel he brought up a good point. What does Furious Rage's bloodied condition do in this race?
Spoiler:
Also here's the math in case anyone's curious.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Yawnmon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 am

By the way totally think we gotta get a whole page about this type of Skill-Check Battle Thing. Cause I'm totally wanting to build, something, not sure what, like this race battle has gone for Jokers...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 pm

@Xel:

Yeah, I was actually planning to post a thread with my rules under the Design section of the Boards once I got done with this opening race. As is, I'm still working out a few bugs - like bloodied conditions for Furious Rage.

As far as FR goes, I'm thinking it's a near-death experience type of thing, so maybe you would get the ability when you come close to nearly losing the race - in other words, being in last place and 3 bands behind? Once you got that far behind once, the bloodied effect would trigger for the rest of the race.

I want to try it that way for now and see how it works - so Blade could technically get the bloodied bonus on his attacks with FR from now on.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next