Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 40 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  XandZero2 Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm

^So, Cardbo, basically what you're saying is that Captain Force writes poetry on weekends?

;P

I definitely don't picture her as being a poison type though. Just because she's purple, doesn't mean she has poison running through her veins. If nothing else, she's pure fighting - but I think she's part Dark...

-And on a more serious note, sorry Cardbo! I forgot to mention I was allowing you guys to use the Genetics expansion.

That typed though, in all honesty, what you're wanting to do with your character right now looks to be the exact reason I hate the idea of a race creator in the first place. I don't want players using the genetics as an excuse to metagame - and your extra abilities so far seem loosely tied to fluff and mostly meant as a means to counter your character's innate weaknesses.

I'm not against you giving your character some more racial abilities to balance him out with other races, but could you think of some racial abilities that would make more sense for a Unicorn to have? Maybe that one Spellchild ability? I kind of liked what I saw one person do in the genetics thread, something like:

Spellchild+Ponykinesis+Freaky Knowledge.

Would that be okay?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 40 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Well personally I don't get why you don't approve of this "metagame" as you claim is there. Don't get why you wanta pigeonhold people from the options they wanta pick.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:39 pm

That was me......

The reason he might not want to do that is because he'd have to drop his extra utility (though if one of his utilities was FK it'd be a solid plus move).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:25 pm

XandZero2 wrote:^So, Cardbo, basically what you're saying is that Captain Force writes poetry on weekends?

;P

I definitely don't picture her as being a poison type though. Just because she's purple, doesn't mean she has poison running through her veins. If nothing else, she's pure fighting - but I think she's part Dark...

Maybe.. As I said, I don't see her as Dark. She definitely Fighting. And I think Poison represents fighting dirty, which may or may not apply to Captain Force

-And on a more serious note, sorry Cardbo! I forgot to mention I was allowing you guys to use the Genetics expansion.

That typed though, in all honesty, what you're wanting to do with your character right now looks to be the exact reason I hate the idea of a race creator in the first place. I don't want players using the genetics as an excuse to metagame - and your extra abilities so far seem loosely tied to fluff and mostly meant as a means to counter your character's innate weaknesses.

I'm not against you giving your character some more racial abilities to balance him out with other races, but could you think of some racial abilities that would make more sense for a Unicorn to have? Maybe that one Spellchild ability? I kind of liked what I saw one person do in the genetics thread, something like:

Spellchild+Ponykinesis+Freaky Knowledge.

Would that be okay?

That wouldn't work for me. Simply, because as a Unicorn I have got the Ponykinesis + extra utility talent, and that would put me at 7pts. And I really don't want to give up that extra utility talent.

I thought the above build was too terrible myself, but how about..
Ponykinese(1) + Utility Talent(2) + Cutie Mark(2)* + Magical Attunement (1)

*Completely forgot about the Cutie Mark back there.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

in the games, fighting dirty is literally what the dark-types do. they bite, throw things, use tricks and gang up on people. they even have a move called foul play. Poison types literally poison things. If any type were likely to be the 'goth poetry' type it'd be the ghost type. In recent games, villainous teams have been switching over to the dark-type rather than the poison type. Even team rocket.

I'm a nerd about this stuff ok?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm thinking for Gleeda's racials to be: Flight (3) + Scent Tracker (2) + Hawk Eyes (1) or Magical Attunement (1)

Any comments?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 pm

DB,

You're no more a nerd about that stuff than I am man - I just hadn't mentioned it yet is all.

And as far as the Genetics abilities go, I believe I was allowing Ramsus to take up to 6 points plus a Cutie Mark.

Soooooooooooooo...

For Coffee Mug, I was originally tossing around the idea of the Freaky Knowledge as a racial because CM already has FK. He might as well have it count as a racial to save space, as it takes up one of his base utilities otherwise and it costs less in the Genetics rules.

Uh... If you took Ponykinesis(1) + FK(1) and you really didn't want to get Spellchild(4), then you could get Magical Attunement(1) and... I could see Coffee possibly having Adaptable... Hex... Deceive the Senses... Challenge Fate... Adept... or Best of the Breed - take your pick (they all cost 3).

For Gleeda, I'd let her take up to 8 points I guess, to compensate for lack of CM. If that's the case, then I could see her taking all the abilities you mention Xel, plus possibly Overachiever maybe? I picture the Griffon race in general being a proud race of overachievers, so that would fit with my headcannon. You could always take out Magical Attunement and replace it with Terrify too, as I'm not sure how magically attuned Griffons really are, but I think all Griffons should be capable of the Griffon roar.

BTW - Just to make it official, but if you guys want or need to alter your utilities since the new expansions came out, I'd be okay with that too. Just let me know and we can work on that too.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Thousand Faces– At Will
Preparation Time: 30 seconds
You change your appearance to that of any medium-sized humanoid creature that you have seen. It takes a perception check of DC 34+Your Level to see through the disguise. You may also choose to take on a unique form of another race, similar to that created by the Alter Ego talent, which is impossible to recognize as a disguise.
Flight
Characters of your race can fly with poor maneuverability (you take -10 penalty to precision and brawn skills while flying). It takes practice to fly with grace and options for that appear in the utility talents.
Ponykinesis – At Will
Mentally pick up or manipulate an object within fifty feet that weighs 25 pounds or less. You can hold only one object at a time in this way.
We’re Just Good At This Stuff
Choose a skill. You gain training in that skill.[Stealth]

Those are what I went with for Chitin which add up to 8. if I have to, I can swap we're just good at this stuff for spider climb though.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 pm

XandZero2 wrote:DB,

You're no more a nerd about that stuff than I am man - I just hadn't mentioned it yet is all.

Yep. Here were are, Discussing Ponies as if they were Pokemon. If that ain't nerdy, I don't know what is.

Okay, So I'll concede Dark types are sneaky, but I've yet to see Captain Force as anything but a Fighting type. So far, I've seen her use a bunch of Fighting moves, and tonight Attract and Constrict, both of which are Normal-type. Razz

And as far as the Genetics abilities go, I believe I was allowing Ramsus to take up to 6 points plus a Cutie Mark.

Soooooooooooooo...

For Coffee Mug, I was originally tossing around the idea of the Freaky Knowledge as a racial because CM already has FK. He might as well have it count as a racial to save space, as it takes up one of his base utilities otherwise and it costs less in the Genetics rules.

Uh... If you took Ponykinesis(1) + FK(1) and you really didn't want to get Spellchild(4), then you could get Magical Attunement(1) and... I could see Coffee possibly having Adaptable... Hex... Deceive the Senses... Challenge Fate... Adept... or Best of the Breed - take your pick (they all cost 3).

I'll take...

Ponykinesis(1) + FK(1) + Magical Attunement(1) + Challenge Fate(3)

That should be good, and I shouldn't need to change any of Utility Talents on my sheet. If Coffee needs an inuniverse justification for why he now has Magical Attunement, you could always say that exposure to all that magic in his office made him extremely sensitive to the stuff.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 pm

If you have better Arcana than you have Perception, Magical Attunement doesn't do anything.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Ramsus wrote:If you have better Arcana than you have Perception, Magical Attunement doesn't do anything.

I'm assuming it'll work like Coffee seeing magic in the base descriptions before even needing to roll perception/arcana. Maybe even lower the DC for arcana, because he can now directly see it?

Xand, how do you see this working?

Last edited by Cardbo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Overachiever would do nothing for Gleeda, and personally don't see Gleeda to be somebody to even want to USE her power to terrfy peoples. It's not really her style. She more scares people by other ways.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 am

Cardbo wrote:
Ramsus wrote:If you have better Arcana than you have Perception, Magical Attunement doesn't do anything.

I'm assuming it'll work like Coffee seeing magic in the base descriptions before even needing to roll perception/arcana. Maybe even lower the DC for arcana, because he can now directly see it?

Xand, how do you see this working?

We actually specifically asked Stairc about it though and that was his response. Of course it's up to Xand if he wants to modify it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 am

Hmm...

I looked over the ability, and it does sound like you would just be able to use Perception to sense magic Cardbo, so I guess that ability would be moot for you.

You could possibly get a 4 point ability instead if you traded it and Changing Fate out... Maybe Predestined?

Or - oh, this might work. You could keep Changing Fate and get "We're Just Good at This Stuff" for Arcana. I can see that as a fitting racial for Unicorns. Then you'd basically just have a 3rd Training to play around with.

Also, I've approved DB's racial abilities - just so everypony knows.

@Yawnmon:
Do you want to adjust any of your racial abilities with Blade now that the Genetics set came out? We could work something out if you do, but I'd really expect him to keep flight and weather-crafting - just so you know ahead of time. Those both seem to be big components of his character.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:19 am

XandZero2 wrote:Hmm...

I looked over the ability, and it does sound like you would just be able to use Perception to sense magic Cardbo, so I guess that ability would be moot for you.

You could possibly get a 4 point ability instead if you traded it and Changing Fate out... Maybe Predestined?

Or - oh, this might work. You could keep Changing Fate and get "We're Just Good at This Stuff" for Arcana. I can see that as a fitting racial for Unicorns. Then you'd basically just have a 3rd Training to play around with.

Yeah. Predestined sounds good. I'll take that instead.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 am

^Alright. Just make the appropriate changes to your character sheet.

-------

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=436
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40